PDA

View Full Version : Misc SAW V

Got Milk?
10-24-2008, 10:57 PM
OMFG, THIS MOVIE SUCKS ASS. PLEASE DONT WASTE UR MONEY ON IT PLEASE.

3/4 of the movie is just flash backs to previous 4 movies.

When the movie ended, i was like wtf was this, i thought the movie was gonna go on.

ubers2k
10-24-2008, 11:04 PM
ummmm.... most all of the series after the first one was flashbacks... so that was to be expected. Guess you won't see any of the others coming out then, right? They slated 7 of them.

qwick
10-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Is it realy that bad? Me and my g/f were gonna go see it tomorrow.

EmminoDaGreat
10-24-2008, 11:28 PM
It wasnt that good, maybe because I already knew there was going to be a 6..

ubers2k
10-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Is it realy that bad? Me and my g/f were gonna go see it tomorrow.

Go see it... there isn't much else out besides Quarentine that are any good in regards to horror movies... actually, I don't think there are any other horror movies in theaters. I liked it, the traps were pretty wicked (hell, I smiled at the first two).

qwick
10-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Ok thanks, but if you had to rank it 1-10 what would you give it?

gottraction?
10-24-2008, 11:43 PM
yea me and my g/f saw it tonight. alot of flashbacks but hell your on number 5. it was decent i thought. just sucks that i already knew there will be atleast one or 2 more to come

ubers2k
10-24-2008, 11:50 PM

Leaning towards an 8... It's really hard to be original in this genre of movie, and they really haven't disappointed in both telling a good story and keeping you guessing until the next one. That and you have to give them credit for being consistant with the releases. Going to see this series has been more traditional for me now, and I will sure as hell be at the opening night of Saw VI as well.

aguynamedpat
10-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Going to see this series has been more traditional for me now, and I will sure as hell be at the opening night of Saw VI as well.

+1

Except me and my girl have seen 2,3 and 4 on Halloween night, so we are waiting until Halloween this year to see 5. Its our little Halloween tradition, so we will be waiting a week to go see it. But, no matter the reviews, we will be seeing it, so hopefully its not as bad as some people are saying.

BB6dohcvtec
10-25-2008, 12:03 AM

I would give it a 7.5 I liked it, this one had more flashbacks than usual.

The_ CaneCorso
10-25-2008, 08:25 AM
wasnt it 3 that jigsaw got a chainsaw to his belly

mocha latte cupcake
10-25-2008, 08:30 AM
a rotary saw to his neck would be more accurate. but yes. he is "killed" in 3. thats the one with the guy who is obsessive about his kid being killed in the car wreck and has to save the people who were involved.

i really wanna see saw V but i don't wanna waste my money i mean i'll eventually have to see it but geez when your usual saw movie creates a certain amount of hype and delivers and then the next one kinda... well not fails but doesn't meet certain "criteria" its really a let down. :cry:

JDMJAYDC2
10-25-2008, 08:47 AM
not so good as the last couple of ones

The_ CaneCorso
10-25-2008, 04:14 PM
So Im assuming he wasnt in 4 if he was killed in 3

ubers2k
10-25-2008, 04:47 PM
So Im assuming he wasnt in 4 if he was killed in 3

Saw 3 and 4 took place roughly at the same time, so he was kinda still in them... and he's in all of them regardless, even if he isn't "alive" during the time period that the current movie takes place.

Got Milk?
10-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Saw V went through 1st-4th part of the movie. Saw V was kinda just a movie to explain Saw 1-4 better nothing more. MOVIE SUCKED!

ubers2k
10-26-2008, 12:07 AM
Saw V went through 1st-4th part of the movie. Saw V was kinda just a movie to explain Saw 1-4 better nothing more. MOVIE SUCKED!

What did you do, walk in to the theater expecting something more than what the others were? The series has a habit of going through back story. It has character developement, unlike your typical horror movie.

Lizbiz101
10-26-2008, 12:11 AM
I knew it wasn't going to be good as soon as I saw Megan Good on the commercial. But I still wanted to see it. But now that I hear about all these flash backs...nooooooooooooo I wanted it to deliver!!!! I will see it eventually tho.

aguynamedpat
10-26-2008, 12:11 AM
I dont consider them horror movies, because there is nothing horror about them IMO. They are just a twisted mind game throughout the entire movie, with some crazy scenarios and some blood and guts thrown in there for entertainment value.

I know they are classified under horror movies, just my .02

ubers2k
10-26-2008, 12:24 AM
I knew it wasn't going to be good as soon as I saw Megan Good on the commercial. But I still wanted to see it. But now that I hear about all these flash backs...nooooooooooooo I wanted it to deliver!!!! I will see it eventually tho.

Meagan Good get's nailed pretty well though... shit made me laugh so hard.

And why does everyone freak out about flashbacks? It's not as bad as Got Milk? is making it out to be, AT ALL. It fleshs out the story and covers things that the others never really did, but at the same time expanded the series.

This is NOT the movie to base reviews and opinions on though, mainly because this series has NEVER gotten a good review from anyone. Yet, for some reason, it is able to pull $50 mil. per movie. The series has stayed true to what it started out being... Guess I'm the only one that can appreciate a decent story in a movie in this genre anymore. But hey, if you're into remakes/butchers of classic horror movies (with the exception of Rob Zombie's Halloween... shit was true to the original), then this probably isn't for you. :2cents:

/rant

Got Milk?
10-26-2008, 12:32 AM
im a big fan of Saw series, but this one just didn't do it for me.

But i loved how the girl at the end figured out that they were supposed to work together. dhaa bitch

yungdz
10-26-2008, 01:25 AM
I'd fuck the hell out of Meagan Good

ubers2k
10-26-2008, 02:12 AM
I will admit that it wasn't AS good as the last one, but I still liked the fact that they expanded and kept the story fresh... I'm really just anticipating the last of the films... I wanna know how they plan on wrapping the series up.

nreggie454
10-26-2008, 03:55 PM
I couldn't justify spending a cent on a Saw movie after I saw the first one.

Lame copy of Se7en FTMFL.

RL...
10-26-2008, 06:23 PM
I'd fuck the hell out of Meagan Good

x2

She is so fine!

Movie was entertaining. Nothing more, nothing less.

EG6
10-26-2008, 10:11 PM
played...series is old. Don't even know why they kept making them. Shoulda stopped after 1