PDA

View Full Version : DPFI...opinions welcome...

B_Hoov
10-24-2008, 10:20 AM
anyone with an opinion or suggestion on the matter is repped.

picked up a 91 hatch DX for pretty cheap, previous owner claims it does not run right, i pop the hood to find #4 plug wire is not on, took it home and bought new plugs and wires, #3 had a plug wire but no plug, fixed all of that jazz and it seemed to run fine, drove it a little, every now and then it will hesitate, only drive it up and down my street keep in mind, get to the bottom of my hill and start down shifting, go into 1st into the turn around and give it some gas to come back up the hill, hesitates and sputters for 3-4 sec then it's fine, the previous owner had replaced EVERYTHING on the fuel system except the fuel pump, i had a walbro255 from my turbo accord laying around, dropped the tank swapped them out and blew my main relay in the process, did some research and jumped the relay rather than spend 70$ on a new one, thought i was done, no the problem still exists! im planning on taking my injectors out today (dual point) not mpfi and cleaning them very well and if the problem still exists then im going to completely remove the tank as it sounds like rust in the tank my be the culprit, looked clean from what i would see when replacing the pump but i only took it down far enough to replace the pump not fully inspect the tank, your :2cents: are welcome on the matter.

Atlblkz06
10-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Are you trying to switch to MPFI?

I found this:
http://www.angelfire.com/d20/hcivic88/dx-siwiring.html

I dont know if its for the right year though - dont know too much about em.

B_Hoov
10-24-2008, 05:42 PM
no im not trying nor have i converted it to obd1 yet, reps

rbf
10-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Possible pump/relay/injector/fuel filter problem?.

If you know the fuel system has all been replaced accept pump inspect it.If it continues double check everything to make sure the guy "really" replaced everything?.He said it doesn't run but he had replaced all that and it just needed a plug wire/plug to actually crank up?.

MidLifeCrisis
10-24-2008, 07:03 PM
for one, i vote just go MPFI...

and for 2 it does sound like a fuel system problem, the DPFI cars are notorius for hesitations...

JDM SLiViC
10-24-2008, 07:32 PM
^^ hit the nail on tha head! Got tired of duel point in my hatch so im converting to multi port. Check your rotor button in the dizzy, they come loose alot and it will run for a while until it completely shuts the car off. They are notorious for this!! Also check the valve cover grommets, they leak after a while and oil surrounds the spark plugs causing it to hesitate. gl

MidLifeCrisis
10-24-2008, 08:05 PM
and for the record, i have some MPFi stuff id be willing to sell...a pm6 and an intake maniold, ill take 40 for the both!

six7teen
10-25-2008, 02:24 AM
have you checked the distributor cap and rotor button.. if your cap has a bad gasket, you could have some water in there that will cause this same problem!! GL

JDM SLiViC
10-25-2008, 02:50 PM
and for the record, i have some MPFi stuff id be willing to sell...a pm6 and an intake maniold, ill take 40 for the both!

^^^ Great deal!! Id snag it from ya if you were around Rome!!! Wouldnt happen to have a resistor box would ya???

Elbow
10-25-2008, 02:54 PM
If you fix it let me know, mine did that a lot, never could fix it. I bought new injectors, pump, filter, lines, EVERYTHING, messed with timing, spark, I think it's normal lol

B_Hoov
10-26-2008, 04:23 PM
all parties repped, i replaced the spark plug grommets and it still did it, then messed with the timing a little and also messed with the idle, it no longer does it.