PDA

View Full Version : OLD SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS...

quickdodgeŽ
10-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Ok I had this section made because it seems that there is a decent amount of interest in the old school era of cars. There's always the debate on what is considered old school. There is the DOT "definition" which states 25 years old. The largest old school Japanese auto show uses the year 1985 as their cut off. Since Dave (and a few others) and I are working to make this something as nice as the one out West, I think we are trying to use their guidelines. So with that, here is the main guideline we can follow:

All pre-1985 cars fall in this category. This includes later years for models that were first built in 1985.

In other words, if you have a 1986 Civic (square back), you'd be included because it is the same model as the 1985 model. This was really generated towards the old school import scene and not Japanese cars. Any import. BMWs, Volvos, anything pre-1985.

The guideline isn't to piss anyone off (about whether or not they are old school or not) or anything of that nature, but we do have to have a cut-off point. Hope this helps. If not, please, feel free to hit me up with questions and concerns and we'll see how this progresses.

Thanks and enjoy.

Later, QD.