PDA

View Full Version : not about the presidential race....

.::UNKNOWN::.
10-23-2008, 05:48 PM
this just pisses me off i was watching tv and this popped up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axjNLlCoGss.... why do they have to lie to get somebody into office :no:.... since i am a fair tax supporter that is why i am voting for saxby chambliss... they spent over a million dollars on this ad and all they can come up with is a ball face lie...im sorry any fair tax supporter should be outraged democrat or republican..:rant:

SL65AMG
10-23-2008, 06:02 PM
true words.... they left out the fact that they will no longer be paying income tax or paying tax on used goods.... just to name a few things.

fuckin libs

alpine_aw11
10-23-2008, 06:04 PM
OH MY GOD I HATE THAT COMMERCIAL. I want to junk punch Jim Martin so hard because of that bullshit. Congrats Martin, you have nothing to stand on but a pile of bullshit.

uproot
10-23-2008, 06:14 PM
they spent over a million dollars on that piece of crap commercial?

alpine_aw11
10-23-2008, 06:17 PM
Shit....it isn't letting me respond. God people are fucking dumb.

Total_Blender
10-23-2008, 08:00 PM
23% on all goods/services purchases is probably a hell of a lot more than the 15% I'm getting taxed now since most of my money goes to goods and services. And used stuff has never been taxed that I know of. When you buy stuff from someone on IA or Craigslist do you pay tax on it? If you do.... thats your problem. I'm voting Martin.:goodjob:

10-23-2008, 08:54 PM
23% on all goods/services purchases is probably a hell of a lot more than the 15% I'm getting taxed now since most of my money goes to goods and services. And used stuff has never been taxed that I know of. When you buy stuff from someone on IA or Craigslist do you pay tax on it? If you do.... thats your problem. I'm voting Martin.:goodjob: read up on the fair tax b4 you make a dumb ass comment like that.... the 23% national sale tax would replace income tax, death tax, capital gains tax, corporate gains tax,payroll tax,and so on and so on.... when you take all those things out of the picture your cost of goods goes down 23% that is where john linder got that figure so they replace that void with a national sales tax and guess what genius the price stays the same along with the fact you keep ALL OF YOUR PAYCHECK NO INCOME TAX... then you factor in all the low income people that shop at good will and thrift stores that means there will not be any taxes on that, used cars at car lots..do i need to get into the prebate that will come every month for necessities like food, gas,and clothing for middle class and lower income class will nearly get every penny back..need i go on bc if i got to i will give you a copy of the book so you can read up on the subject and actually sound educated instead of edumacated... my whole deal is that i cannot support martin that blatenly lies to win:goodjob:

10-23-2008, 08:58 PM
hell i live in clayton county and fucking david scott is using the same tactics.... he will be getting a visit from me tommorrow with a copy of both fair tax books:ninja:

stephen
10-23-2008, 11:15 PM
yeah, i saw that commercial today....i was a little annoyed, but laughed. lol, honestly i think it was worth spending money on. you have to think....how many people REALLY KNOW what the fair-tax plan is? all people have to hear is "increase taxes" and they flip out...pretty strategic for martin.

bafbrian
10-23-2008, 11:18 PM
this just pisses me off i was watching tv and this popped up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axjNLlCoGss.... why do they have to lie to get somebody into office :no:.... since i am a fair tax supporter that is why i am voting for saxby chambliss... they spent over a million dollars on this ad and all they can come up with is a ball face lie...im sorry any fair tax supporter should be outraged democrat or republican..:rant:

That is politics for you. They give you just enough to entice and persuade your vote and at the same time, not enough for the average person to want to investigate further. The sad part of politics is that some people take it for what it says and leave it at that without going a step further.

This has been the norm throughout politics since before any of us were born.

AlanŽ
10-23-2008, 11:21 PM
all the commercials like that are incredibly stupid.

Total_Blender
10-24-2008, 08:08 AM
The whole fair tax thing to me seems like just a bunch of talking points:

Keep your whole paycheck

No income tax

No capital gains, corporate, or death tax

etc etc just keep regurgitating it.

The thing I don't like about it is that the entire tax burden is placed on consumption. And consumption is a really small piece of the pie compared to capital gains etc. I'd read the books but honestly I have more important stuff to read for school/career that takes priority. I've read enough both for and against to know what it is and why I don't support it.

alpine_aw11
10-24-2008, 12:27 PM
The whole fair tax thing to me seems like just a bunch of talking points:

Keep your whole paycheck

No income tax

No capital gains, corporate, or death tax

etc etc just keep regurgitating it.

The thing I don't like about it is that the entire tax burden is placed on consumption. And consumption is a really small piece of the pie compared to capital gains etc. I'd read the books but honestly I have more important stuff to read for school/career that takes priority. I've read enough both for and against to know what it is and why I don't support it.

The way the Fair Tax works would actually end up generating more revenue than our current system. It isn't a huge increase, but people would definitely be spending more money if the Fair Tax were to be implemented. I don't have the figures, but I've seen them several times. When you take away all the taxes that are essentially just taking people's money, they will buy more goods. It would work.

YoTa_BoX
10-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Fair Tax act FTW :D

and yes that commercial was dumb as hell.