PDA

View Full Version : What is your one issue...?

4dmin
10-23-2008, 07:55 AM
What is your one issue...?

To clarify many people have one issue they believe very strongly in more than anything else. What is that and why?

----------------------------------------

Mine is ABORTION. I think the chance of anyone over turning Roe/Wade and those who oppose have no business being in critical positions to make such decisions. Over turning this issue to me infringes on every Americans inalienable rights IMO. If it were to be over turned it opens up the door ways to mass political decision making on personal freedoms.

JConner
10-23-2008, 08:30 AM
this is one issue that I will agree with you on. I believe that the government should have no say on what a woman can do with a fetus up to a certain time point in the pregnancy.

My main issue in this election is the economy. If taxes on the rich job providers are raised, we will see the economy get even worse. If government gets bigger (as in health care, etc) we will also see the economy get worse. This is why i'm voting for McCain. He hit it right on the nose when he accidentally said "Mr. Government."

12 Days until election day....VOTE!

tony
10-23-2008, 09:10 AM
Damn good question, my #1 issue is alternative energy. I feel like that will be the driving force of this Economy and just like there was an industrial revolution.. energy will be the next.

Total_Blender
10-23-2008, 09:27 AM
My main issue is the economy right now. In '04 it was Iraq, but thats taken a back burner with the economic recession lately.

I have the exact opposite opinion of JConner. I think that if the tax code were changed back the way it was under Clinton that we would all be better off. Consumers would have more to spend on goods and services and the rich would still be rich. I don't recall any businesses suffering a lot under Clinton and I don't believe there was any drastic decline in unemployment under Bush's economic policies.

Spektrewing386
10-23-2008, 09:29 AM
i dont think not taxing the rich will help at all. People say there will be a trickle down effect as those wealthy people invest and stuff, no. This has already been proven to be false. There is no trickle down effect. They just spend it on $500k partys, $150k suits, and $400 haircuts.

BanginJimmy
10-23-2008, 09:29 AM
my #1 is one that is never discussed. Illegal immigration is a factor in MANY of the problems we are having now. Its not always the driving factor, but it does encroach on pretty much every social problem we have in this country, from welfare to taxes, to healthcare.

4dmin
10-23-2008, 10:18 AM
my #1 is one that is never discussed. Illegal immigration is a factor in MANY of the problems we are having now. Its not always the driving factor, but it does encroach on pretty much every social problem we have in this country, from welfare to taxes, to healthcare.

yes i'm surprised this hasn't come up yet in our post :goodjob:

81911SC
10-23-2008, 10:19 AM
Gun Control.

DeeAOne
10-23-2008, 10:22 AM
putting the flame suit on...

gay rights. i think that its wrong to discriminate against someone because of their sexuality. i strongly believe that they should be able to do whatever they want with their lives.

Vteckidd
10-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Damn good question, my #1 issue is alternative energy. I feel like that will be the driving force of this Economy and just like there was an industrial revolution.. energy will be the next.
you get the sense that this whole push for alternative fuels will die down if gas keeps dropping?

i hope not.

My #1 issue is the economy. Its effects me and my business so thats what matters most to me.

tony
10-23-2008, 11:10 AM
you get the sense that this whole push for alternative fuels will die down if gas keeps dropping?

Definitely, if gas drops below $2 a gallon the whole push for alternative energy goes out the door. The big thing for me, even offshore drilling is that we can create jobs here in America rather than inadvertently outsourcing by purchasing oil produced from other nations.

Vteckidd
10-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Definitely, if gas drops below $2 a gallon the whole push for alternative energy goes out the door. The big thing for me, even offshore drilling is that we can create jobs here in America rather than inadvertently outsourcing by purchasing oil produced from other nations.
i agree with you 100000%

I really think the key to our future is the energy development. Itll create jobs, save money, make more money, and put us ina a position to be self reliant even more.

jwrape
10-23-2008, 11:24 AM
I don't have one specific issue. I look at the canidate that matches my thoughts the most. Neither one think exactly as I do but I just try to pick which one is most like I would like to be,

white24d
10-23-2008, 12:47 PM
My main issue is that we need Leadership that we can count on. Left - Right whichever hell even independant. With W this country has gone into the shitter. We have to have a leader that knows what is best for this country, and not one that sings " Bomb bomb bomb Iran".

alpine_aw11
10-23-2008, 01:33 PM
My biggest issue is spending. Our government is incredibly wasteful. Taxes aren't the issue (although I'm sure most of us would love the fair tax), it's a government that spends beyond its means. What really sucks is both candidates wouldn't really do much about it, considering the amount of extra proposed spending they both have in mind.

BanginJimmy
10-23-2008, 01:36 PM
My biggest issue is spending. Our government is incredibly wasteful. Taxes aren't the issue (although I'm sure most of us would love the fair tax), it's a government that spends beyond its means. What really sucks is both candidates wouldn't really do much about it, considering the amount of extra proposed spending they both have in mind.

x2. I almost added this as 1b. for me.

BobbyFresco
10-23-2008, 02:12 PM
My biggest issue is the economy and the state it is currently in. We need solutions and not just bandaid on a gaping wound type of fixes.

NevrNufTorq
10-23-2008, 03:39 PM
have to agree with this!!!! :2cents:

alpine_aw11
10-23-2008, 04:22 PM
My biggest issue is the economy and the state it is currently in. We need solutions and just just bandaid on a gaping wound type of fixes.

I mean it sounds easy to say that but imo both candidates are just going to make it worse. I think government needs to look at the economy in a more sensible way, as it is an ever fluctuating and changing part of our country. Injecting billions of dollars to try and "save" people isn't going to help, it's going to exacerbate inflation if anything. For example, the lending crisis came about because government allowed those companies to give completely unqualified people loans that they clearly could not continue paying, solutions like that are nothing but temporary fixes that result in far greater problems. Maybe more oversight is needed, but personally I believe if the government wants to help fix our economy they need to be creating projects to spawn more jobs and get people involved instead of just giving people money in the hope that they will go spend it and somehow revive our economy. Essentially I agree with what you're saying, but government rarely creates solutions that have any long term benefits.

stephanie
10-24-2008, 06:21 PM
Right now the economy is my main concern.

Verik
10-27-2008, 11:52 PM
I don't recall any businesses suffering a lot under Clinton and I don't believe there was any drastic decline in unemployment under Bush's economic policies.

Heh, because the dot-com crash wasn't anything big eh? just the beginning of the credit crisis if you look at the snowball effect it caused (granted it was more alan greenspan's approach to minimizing the dot-com crash that caused real estate to be taken advantage of).

Hulud
10-30-2008, 05:49 PM
The War in Iraq is a bunch of bull crap.. thats the most important issue because this War has put us in debt and that is why gas and other things are gay.. and is definitely the leading factor of why we are already in starting point of a recession.
you really should not post on this subject when you dont know what you are talking about fyi.

the war is NOT the leading factor in the recession, granted it is a factor.

the leading factor is the banks making bad loans to people buying houses they cant afford.

also if you actually want to be taken serious in here you shouldnt post ignorant shit like "why gas and other things are gay"

BanginJimmy
10-30-2008, 07:23 PM
you really should not post on this subject when you dont know what you are talking about fyi.

the war is NOT the leading factor in the recession, granted it is a factor.

the leading factor is the banks making bad loans to people buying houses they cant afford.

also if you actually want to be taken serious in here you shouldnt post ignorant shit like "why gas and other things are gay"

The Obama Talking Points Handbook didnt go into enough detail so he had to make up a few details on the fly.

AlanŽ
10-30-2008, 07:26 PM
The Obama Talking Points Handbook didnt go into enough detail so he had to make up a few details on the fly.
:lmfao: