PDA

View Full Version : 1st weekend Oct, campout/mtn run/weekend away

EvasiveEF9
09-06-2005, 08:37 PM
Topic pretty much explains it all. I'm going to be up in the North Georgia Mountains the first weekend of October, and so I wouldn't mind organizing two different runs that weekend. One for taking it easy and just looking and enjoying the outdoors, the other for pushing your limits. I'll be camping up there that weekend with my car club and a campground called Sleepy Hollow located in Helen Georgia (about 30minutes from Dahlonega which is where the run begins and finishes) to enjoy both squares, have the two runs, enjoy the old-car show in Dahlonega and...basically away from home.

I welcome any and all to join up.

Sleepy Hollow located in Helen, Georgia...directions to come if anyone's interested.

There's no schedule, but this is what I'd like to do...

Friday, arrive, setup shop, relax on...beverages..
Saturday, wake up, around 11am or 12pm go for the relaxing run (relaxing in the morning due to bikers that hit the roads). Finish the run and meet up for lunch, then enjoy the show/square in Dahlonega. When it cools back down, go back up for a harder run.
Sunday, wake up and I'm probably going with my girl to ride horses near Dahlonega, then head over and enjoy the little town of Helen.
Sunday evening, head back home for another damn week of work...

If anyone's interested and/or needs any information, please post. I'm inviting Honda-Tech.com, Importlounge.com, and VWVortex.com as well...

This will also be an outstanding time to meet with anyone you may have seen at NOPI...

Post if interested or if info is needed.

As always, it'll be BYOB, and you are responsible for reserving sites and parking your vehicle there (HINT: IF YOUR CAR SITS ON THE GROUND YOU MAY WANT TO PARK SOMEWHERE NEARBY!!! We'll probably have a car that won't mind me transporting the people) I went here about 2 years ago, and it was a nice place. Oh yeah...cell phones don't work...so leave your issues where you leave your bottle tops.

D16Civic
09-06-2005, 09:02 PM
sounds like fun
i might have to try making it out there

EvasiveEF9
09-06-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm hopin' so. I mean mostly...I'm wanting to arrange somewhat of a barrett...but...legally and without getting run off. Basically, a bunch of car people that can just walk around and talk to anyone on common grounds of cars, and an awesome way to get to know people...so bring anyone you want/can.

EvasiveEF9
09-15-2005, 11:15 PM
We're pushing this back to the third week of October...