View Full Version : Auto to 5spd Swap help needed

DaRussian
10-22-2008, 10:01 PM
ok i have a Del Sol and it used to be automatic, right now it has the 5spd swap done and i put the motor and everything in it, but the car does not start, because it does not know that the car is in "PARK", and it does not let me take the key out of the ignition, when i disconnect the blue "Mitsuba Inter Lock Control" box then it lets me take the key out.

How do i bypass that thing? anybody knows?

BTEC
10-22-2008, 10:06 PM
find the big plug that went to the auto shifter and jump the 2 biggest wires. had to do a 5spd conversion on a teg. not a del sol but night be the same procedure.

say ur prayers nothing smokes. lmao!!!1

DaRussian
10-23-2008, 10:29 PM
i did that, still dont work

slimm
10-28-2008, 07:26 PM
find the neutal safety switch. its probably stilll where the old shifter was. either run that over to the clutch and plug it into the switch on the pedal or cut the plug off and put the two wires together. that should work.

FasTech
10-28-2008, 07:41 PM
Do a auto to manual swap on that Integra and you might would have better luck with the sale. I did most of the manual labor when we did a friend of ours car, but he did the electric bullshit because I hate it and he knew how to do it but not the other stuff.

Have fun though, and hope you get her fixed.