PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Cobb GTR outdoes the Techart Porsche 997..half the price??

JITB
10-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Click Link (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Cobb-Nissan-GTR-vs-997-GT_191751.htm)

Should be good for a few pages.. :ninja:

SLOWR/T
10-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Wonder if took the GTR in after the race? lol

RL...
10-22-2008, 06:10 PM
PPL underestimate the gt-r and think it's a pos...

EJ25RUN
10-22-2008, 06:11 PM

You're the one that has swayed a lot of people into thinking that.

But as i have always said. A GTR will never replace the greatest ever sports car.

Elbow
10-22-2008, 08:31 PM
And i'd take the Porsche without even consideration

87 Turbo II
10-22-2008, 11:02 PM
I'm sticking to my photoshop.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n15/eastermonkey/warranty.jpg

Porsche FTMFW!

Boosted FC
10-23-2008, 09:11 AM

Porsche FTMFW!

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Sam C.
10-23-2008, 09:12 AM
That was cool, I wish they would've interviewed the TechArt gent after the race since he would be "shocked" if the Porsche didn't win.

For the coin I would definitely take the GTR over the Porsche, but damn the Porsche is sexy.

Ronsam2006
10-23-2008, 09:50 AM
Who the hell said it's a piece of shit? No one...

DieselNuts
10-23-2008, 10:14 AM

Porsche FTMFW!
BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REPS :goodjob:

81911SC
10-23-2008, 10:15 AM
I love how its heavier and has less power but still beats it from a launch. Hmmm.

DieselNuts
10-23-2008, 10:16 AM
I love how its heavier and has less power but still beats it from a launch. Hmmm.
nissan playing number games again :dunno:

81911SC
10-23-2008, 10:19 AM
I figured Cobb would at dyno it so thats where they got their numbers. :dunno:

BobbyFresco
10-23-2008, 11:05 AM
And i'd take the Porsche without even consideration

:cheers:

JITB
10-23-2008, 01:24 PM
believe it!

alpine_aw11
10-23-2008, 05:06 PM

http://i37.tinypic.com/2r6ic77.jpg

dazn
10-23-2008, 05:36 PM
i love porsches and all but dammit, the engine is in the wrong place. :D
front engine or mid engine, thats it.

its a tough choice between the 911 and gtr. id take the gtr just because its cheaper. id take the rest of the money and buy a stockpile of gearboxes.

OnURleft
10-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Who cares? Why don't they mention the tires used? For all we knew the GT-R could have semi slicks vs Porsche regular compound tires. I hate when they intentionally over look the details.. It makes it look like it was a Cobb sponsored show

DVSRX-7
10-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Porsche sucks... the only reason their expensive is because they got a Horse in the emblems.. Trying to be like Ferraris... NISSAN ALL THE WAY.... only because I said so.. Haha..

alpine_aw11
10-23-2008, 06:31 PM
Porsche sucks... the only reason their expensive is because they got a Horse in the emblems.. Trying to be like Ferraris... NISSAN ALL THE WAY.... only because I said so.. Haha..

Ok........you're joking right?

Bruce Leroy
10-23-2008, 06:45 PM
I'd take the porsche.

DinanM3atl
10-23-2008, 09:06 PM

WTF?

EJ25RUN
10-23-2008, 09:16 PM

I usually could care less but that is some horrid shit. I'd really like you to explain that one.

Your loser ass probably can't even explain where both horses originated. Dumbass.

RL...
10-23-2008, 10:44 PM
You're the one that has swayed a lot of people into thinking that.

But as i have always said. A GTR will never replace the greatest ever sports car.

I don't believe the gt-r can replace the greatest sports car ever either. But I also don't think it tries to. The GT-R is a super car for a fraction of the price of a porsche 911 turbo, lambo, audi r8, ferrari...

By the way, what is this greatest sports car ever?

RL...
10-23-2008, 10:45 PM
I usually could care less but that is some horrid shit. I'd really like you to explain that one.

Your loser ass probably can't even explain where both horses originated. Dumbass.

Depends on the porsche. Boxster fail. 911/cayenne=thing of beauty.

JITB
10-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Who cares? Why don't they mention the tires used? For all we knew the GT-R could have semi slicks vs Porsche regular compound tires. I hate when they intentionally over look the details.. It makes it look like it was a Cobb sponsored show

lol those dam magic GTR tires everyone talks about.!

Elbow
10-23-2008, 11:11 PM
I don't believe the gt-r can replace the greatest sports car ever either. But I also don't think it tries to. The GT-R is a super car for a fraction of the price of a porsche 911 turbo, lambo, audi r8, ferrari...

By the way, what is this greatest sports car ever?

The 911

...and as for saying Boxster sucks, it's not the best Porsche, but it's far from sucking, especially an S.

Elbow
10-23-2008, 11:13 PM

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................this HAS to be a joke.........

chinitoxamor
10-23-2008, 11:30 PM
no offense, but making the GT look bad with a GTR?? pshhhhh.. bish please, i wanna see it go head on with a GT3

EJ25RUN
10-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Depends on the porsche. Boxster fail. 911/cayenne=thing of beauty.

The boxster actually wins more awards than does the 911. And the Boxster/Cayman is a very nice car to own.

I don't get how you make your opinions. Have you ever driven a Boxster?

81911SC
10-23-2008, 11:48 PM

By the way, what is this greatest sports car ever?Stop posting.

Kyle
10-23-2008, 11:52 PM
I'm sick of people comparing the GTR to cars it outperforms, this shit needs to stop.

Good effing lord, of course its half the fucking price. Its a goddamn nissan compared to a fucking porsche. A Porsche is an amazingly refined vehicle in which virtually no corners were cut, you ride in a drop top 911 and its virtually silent with the top down, its because it wasnt hastily thrown together, everything works perfectly together. I am fucking sick of people trying to overshadow porsche with numbers. Yeah you can probably build a honda civic to beat all the numbers of a ferrari makes but at the end of the day its a fucking honda, who gives a shit.

/rant

JITB
10-23-2008, 11:53 PM
Good effing lord, of course its half the fucking price. Its a goddamn nissan compared to a fucking porsche. A Porsche is an amazingly refined vehicle in which virtually no corners were cut, you ride in a drop top 911 and its virtually silent with the top down. I am fucking sick of people trying to overshadow porsche with numbers. Sure you can build a civic to beat all the numbers a ferrari makes but at the end of the day its a fucking honda, who gives a shit.

/rant

lol

87 Turbo II
10-24-2008, 09:05 AM
The boxster actually wins more awards than does the 911. And the Boxster/Cayman is a very nice car to own.

He's test driven every car he talks about.................... in video games.

EJ25RUN
10-24-2008, 11:20 AM
He's test driven every car he talks about.................... in video games.

i wont brag about having the best experience either. The only boxster i have droven was the first gen with paddle shifters.

RL...
10-24-2008, 11:38 AM

If pulling a boxster into a detail bay was considered driving, then yes...j/k

I personaly think the boxster's are ugly, and I would much rather buy something else with that kind of money. Looks > performance for me. I could care less about having the fastest car out there. I like cayman's though.

But EJ. what does it matter if I drive a boxster or not? Every one here talk so much trash about the gt-r yet not one of those trash talkers has driven one.

EJ25RUN
10-24-2008, 11:57 AM
But EJ. what does it matter if I drive a boxster or not? Every one here talk so much trash about the gt-r yet not one of those trash talkers has driven one.

Granted. But for most of us, driving > looks and the GTR is just a computer to us.

DVSRX-7
10-25-2008, 01:16 AM
lol... ok ok.. i do like porsches too... but everyone needs to stop comparing the GTR to any other car, i kno its a sports car and shit but dam man its not the bat mobile... but hey if your a car enthusaist then comparing is your game... oh well... Nissan won this one.. maybe Porsche will win the next one.. and sorry for offending you Porsche guys jus wanted to piss people off lol

JITB
10-25-2008, 01:39 AM
lol... ok ok.. i do like porsches too... but everyone needs to stop comparing the GTR to any other car, i kno its a sports car and shit but dam man its not the bat mobile... but hey if your a car enthusaist then comparing is your game... oh well... Nissan won this one.. maybe Porsche will win the next one.. and sorry for offending you Porsche guys jus wanted to piss people off lol

Only thing porsche has won in the GTR battle is the forum debates... :lmfao:

:ninja: :ninja:

ttman
10-25-2008, 12:30 PM
wonder how they got the GTR's weight to 3600 lbs? from 3900 to 3600 is pretty good. anyho i'm glad to see it stomped the porshe :lmfao: ought to ruffle some feathers.

SpecV_Scott
10-25-2008, 07:29 PM

Porsche FTMFW!

That's classic.

Atlblkz06
10-25-2008, 08:20 PM
That makes no sense...

How can a car with MORE weight and LESS power win a DRAG race?

It has to be either Tires or Aero.

I'm scratching my head on this one.

Wait.. the porsche is a 6 speed manual right? That just may be it. Wow!

EJ25RUN
10-25-2008, 08:26 PM
That makes no sense...

How can a car with MORE weight and LESS power win a DRAG race?

It has to be either Tires or Aero.

I'm scratching my head on this one.

Wait.. the porsche is a 6 speed manual right? That just may be it. Wow!

Its the GTR traction control system.

It reminds me of the 1996 Touring car season when the Audi S4s were so fast,weight penaltys were imposed. But all that did was make them launch faster.

Add that to a computer and drivetrain as advanced as the GTR. Oh (remove the driver element as muchg as possible always helps.)

JITB
10-26-2008, 02:27 AM
Its the GTR its just amazing

*fixed

Atlblkz06
10-26-2008, 07:31 PM
^^^ This fan-boy shit is quite annoying...:rolleyes:

JITB
10-26-2008, 07:44 PM
^^^ This fan-boy shit is quite annoying...:rolleyes:

whats so annoying about me and my love for the gtr? Like i said the only thing the porsche wins against the GTR is the forum debates... :D

EJ25RUN
10-26-2008, 08:48 PM
whats so annoying about me and my love for the gtr? Like i said the only thing the porsche wins against the GTR is the forum debates... :D

JITB. People could really care less about how much you like that car. I really fail to understand how a car that drives itself can be ahead of what has unanimously for the last 40 years been considered the best sports car ever.

Until Porsche forgets where the engine belongs, the 911 is a better car. Forget how cheap the interior on the GTR is, or how they want to lie about the faults in their drive train. There is a reason no other people are as loyal to a brand as Porsche owners. Forget this forum back and forth nonsense and being a fanboy of either. That is just the way it is. At the end of the day, even the R34 is more driver focused than the R35.

Its the GTR its just amazing

I'll break down exactly what you tried to say there.

A vibrator is more fun to a girl than your real dick. Get it?

When i drive, I leave the Pentium at home.

JITB
10-27-2008, 12:33 AM
JITB. People could really care less about how much you like that car. I really fail to understand how a car that drives itself can be ahead of what has unanimously for the last 40 years been considered the best sports car ever.

Until Porsche forgets where the engine belongs, the 911 is a better car. Forget how cheap the interior on the GTR is, or how they want to lie about the faults in their drive train. There is a reason no other people are as loyal to a brand as Porsche owners. Forget this forum back and forth nonsense and being a fanboy of either. That is just the way it is. At the end of the day, even the R34 is more driver focused than the R35.

I'll break down exactly what you tried to say there.

A vibrator is more fun to a girl than your real dick. Get it?

When i drive, I leave the Pentium at home.

ive said all i need to say on the matter.. i cant say it any clearer!

its a japanese car japanese cars have always had tons of gadgets.. its nothing new to anyone but forum junkys. It may be ahead of its time, for some. but with all the technology in the GTR it gets the job done. Every car has its niche, the GTR is a technical car with gadgets, that makes it what it is, and makes it great. Dont discredit it because of that. becuase it does what it is supposed to do, and has done what it said it would.

EJ25RUN
10-27-2008, 07:32 AM
ive said all i need to say on the matter.. i cant say it any clearer!

its a japanese car japanese cars have always had tons of gadgets.. its nothing new to anyone but forum junkys. It may be ahead of its time, for some. but with all the technology in the GTR it gets the job done. Every car has its niche, the GTR is a technical car with gadgets, that makes it what it is, and makes it great. Dont discredit it because of that. becuase it does what it is supposed to do, and has done what it said it would.

And that was never my argument against it. I respect it for what it does well because that was what it was designed to do.

But in Nissan's determination to beat the 911 and make that sole purpose of the project, I feel they forgot some important things. The fun factor.

Now you can't tell me Japan doesn't know what a fun sporty car is. It was Japan that thought a Miata would work.

Nissan's fault is that the GTR should be available to suit more types of drivers. And yes, those of us that drive manual H boxes are on the list.

I recently read an article from an ex touring car driver and he says that he much prefers H boxes transmissions on the street, because sequentials make him feel like his is at work racing.

I have already discussed all that in this thread. Again, i respect the GTR. The same way i respect the Porsche 959. But after the 959, even Porsche realized the driver should be a bigger part of the equation.

reread this if you have to.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180143&highlight=forgetting

Capt._Ron
10-27-2008, 09:15 AM

I'm not a GTR lover but every time a GTR outperforms and more expensive car all you guys do is b*tch and moan and make excuses. "Well its the technology, it has a shitty interior... it doesn't have the heritage, ... whaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!! they cheated!!!" seriously get your panties out of a wad about this car. Hell, why can't you just admit that it performs amazingly well for the price???

The EM1 kid.
10-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Ferrari F430.

well, that solves that.

JITB
10-27-2008, 03:36 PM
And that was never my argument against it. I respect it for what it does well because that was what it was designed to do.

But in Nissan's determination to beat the 911 and make that sole purpose of the project, I feel they forgot some important things. The fun factor.

Now you can't tell me Japan doesn't know what a fun sporty car is. It was Japan that thought a Miata would work.

Nissan's fault is that the GTR should be available to suit more types of drivers. And yes, those of us that drive manual H boxes are on the list.

I recently read an article from an ex touring car driver and he says that he much prefers H boxes transmissions on the street, because sequentials make him feel like his is at work racing.

I have already discussed all that in this thread. Again, i respect the GTR. The same way i respect the Porsche 959. But after the 959, even Porsche realized the driver should be a bigger part of the equation.

reread this if you have to.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=180143&highlight=forgetting

All the attributes that the GTR has wouldnt be able to do anything without the Technology... I can agree with that it does suck a littl that it doesnt have a manual tranny...BUT! i still love it. Some of the best cars we al llove dont have a manual gearbox.

RL...
10-27-2008, 05:11 PM
I'm not a GTR lover but every time a GTR outperforms and more expensive car all you guys do is b*tch and moan and make excuses. "Well its the technology, it has a shitty interior... it doesn't have the heritage, ... whaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!! they cheated!!!" seriously get your panties out of a wad about this car. Hell, why can't you just admit that it performs amazingly well for the price???

x2

The nissan gt-r might not have a true manual, and that fact might make you dislike it. But no one can legitimately state that's it's not a great piece of machinery for what it is. It wasn't designed to have a 6-speed, get over it. The closest porsche that can compete with it is the 911 turbo I believe?

The fact of the matter is that it's fast, sexy, and a superior to most cars out there.

RL...
10-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Don't say the driving experience in the gt-r isn't fun. I guarantee if you got to drive it it would change your idea of what fun is.

While it probably would be more fun with a 6-speed, it isn't there, so what's the point of bitching about it.

Civic, rsx's, integras aren't RWD, which is the most fun drivetrain, but most tuners mod these cars. COULD you imagine how badass a rsx type s would be if it were rwd. But no one downplays these cars, which are ICONIC to the car scene. So don't downtalk the gt-r because it doesn't have an h box.

Civics are good for what they are. So is the GT-R. Everyone needs to get over themselves and their unwillingness to acknowledge the truth.

No car is perfect, except maxima's! :ninja:

RL...
10-27-2008, 05:21 PM
Here ya go:

On Buttonwillow Raceway, Road & Track were able to achieve lap times that were approximately 5 seconds faster than a Chevrolet Corvette Z06 and Porsche 911 Turbo with the GT-R. The GT-R currently holds a lap time of 1:19.7 around the Top Gear Test Track, which is the 8th fastest time (equal with the Ferrari F430 Scuderia)

RL...
10-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Ferrari F430.

well, that solves that.

apparently you're wrong. ^^^

RL...
10-27-2008, 05:27 PM

x2 I don't get how you make your opinions. Have you ever driven a GT-R?

Touche

alpine_aw11
10-27-2008, 05:32 PM
All I'm saying is you would have to be one crazy bastard to take a GTR over that Porsche.

Capt._Ron
10-27-2008, 07:49 PM
All I'm saying is you would have to be one crazy bastard to take a GTR over that Porsche.

Sell the porsche and buy 2 GTR's ??? LOL

Doppelgänger
10-27-2008, 07:57 PM
Porsche has something Nissan never will..... a little thing called "class".

EJ25RUN
10-27-2008, 08:05 PM
Nissan tuner: 2 things.

1. It isn't necessary to waste thread space and make 5 consecutive posts. Most forums don't allow that but this is IA.

2. I have responded to said similar comments in the past and you bring them up again. Have you noticed i dont usually go into the threads where people bash you anymore? Cause It's a waste of my time. Im not trying to prove anything to you but you refuse to accept certain points that are unanimous by most car experts.

I never said the GTR is garbage and yes the money factor is a good token. Besides that, i could care less. That car is not built to the specs i feel a REAL car should be and "SEX APPEAL" is not gonna change that. I used to sell cars and i could make people see sex in a minivan so that term is fake to me.

Again. Go look at all your replys, (all 5 of them), and go check what i have already told you in the past. I'm sure i have responded to all from "SEX APPEAL" to fwd and the nonsense you spread about it.

When you got something new, i'll reply.

Elbow
10-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Don't say the driving experience in the gt-r isn't fun. I guarantee if you got to drive it it would change your idea of what fun is.

While it probably would be more fun with a 6-speed, it isn't there, so what's the point of bitching about it.

Civic, rsx's, integras aren't RWD, which is the most fun drivetrain, but most tuners mod these cars. COULD you imagine how badass a rsx type s would be if it were rwd. But no one downplays these cars, which are ICONIC to the car scene. So don't downtalk the gt-r because it doesn't have an h box.

Civics are good for what they are. So is the GT-R. Everyone needs to get over themselves and their unwillingness to acknowledge the truth.

No car is perfect, except maxima's! :ninja:

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

This whole post made me lol

RL...
10-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Nissan tuner: 2 things.

1. It isn't necessary to waste thread space and make 5 consecutive posts. Most forums don't allow that but this is IA.

2. I have responded to said similar comments in the past and you bring them up again. Have you noticed i dont usually go into the threads where people bash you anymore? Cause It's a waste of my time. Im not trying to prove anything to you but you refuse to accept certain points that are unanimous by most car experts.

I never said the GTR is garbage and yes the money factor is a good token. Besides that, i could care less. That car is not built to the specs i feel a REAL car should be and "SEX APPEAL" is not gonna change that. I used to sell cars and i could make people see sex in a minivan so that term is fake to me.

Again. Go look at all your replys, (all 5 of them), and go check what i have already told you in the past. I'm sure i have responded to all from "SEX APPEAL" to fwd and the nonsense you spread about it.

When you got something new, i'll reply.

Waste of your time? By looking at how many posts you've made, it's apparent you have plenty of time to waste here.

And I can't speak for anyone else by myself when I say this, but "sex appeal" of a car is 1/2 the reason I buy a car. Right now it's actually 100% the reason I have my maxima the way it is. I have no engine mods, and could care less about speed at the moment. There will be a time and place for me to build a fast car, and it isn't now. And I don't mean sex appeal in a way to help me get girls or anything, I mean it in a way because I have high standards for myself, as well as my car looking up to par with my expectations.

Whether you've responded to them or not Ej, they are valid points. I like porsche, but if you read my posts on pg.3 facts are facts. lap times are lap times. But it's pretty clear everyone would rather live in denial to these facts and talk down the gt-r.

Ignorance is bliss isn't it IA...:rolleyes:

alpine_aw11
10-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Nissantuner, you clearly don't understand the point. A Porsche is a true driver's car, a GTR isn't. No amazing lap times will ever change that. You can't talk down to a GTR in terms of performance and price, but some people look for something more. Like a car that is backed by the company with arguably the greatest racing history ever, not the one that could give two shits if you blow your tranny for doing what they sell the car to do.

RL...
10-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Nissantuner, you clearly don't understand the point. A Porsche is a true driver's car, a GTR isn't. No amazing lap times will ever change that. You can't talk down to a GTR in terms of performance and price, but some people look for something more. Like a car that is backed by the company with arguably the greatest racing history ever, not the one that could give two shits if you blow your tranny for doing what they sell the car to do.

I doubt ppl who buy a porsche buy it because of the racing heritage.

I'm sure everyone here has realized argueing on IA gets noone anywhere, and we never change anyones mind. So what's the point of argueing? One can have the most sensible arguement and make the most sensible statements and have the most accurate facts, but ppl here choose to stick with their own opinions. Not that theres anything wrong with that, but lol @ ppl hating on the gt-r. There's no point, in making a good point, because ppl could care less about sense. Ppl always hate on great things. Whether it's a football player or one of the best cars ever to come to the states.

With that said:

gt-r PWNS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

81911SC
10-27-2008, 09:22 PM
NissanTun3r,
Stop posting. You're clearly a fucking idiot.

alpine_aw11
10-27-2008, 09:23 PM
Saying no one who buys a Porsche does it for their heritage is way dumber than anyone talking shit about a GTR's performance.

RL...
10-27-2008, 09:33 PM
YOU'RE WRONG!

GT-R OWNS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

81911SC
10-27-2008, 09:37 PM
In for ban. Lets make a request thread.

PSINXS
10-27-2008, 09:46 PM
disagree totally.

if look at the past GTR models, they have been drivers cars. and so have the porsches. and i dont think this GTR is any different.

and the r32 was banned from racing because it was "too fast".beating the porsches in its class. thats some good history. and the huge following a GTR has. when half of the car nuts see a GTR pull up, faces drop down. Not so much on a porsche because they r common.(in the US speaking)

but to each his own. I would take the GTR over the 997. but a carrera GT over a GTR.

and i think the porsches have lackluster styling. all their models look exactly alike.

alpine_aw11
10-27-2008, 09:58 PM
disagree totally.

if look at the past GTR models, they have been drivers cars. and so have the porsches. and i dont think this GTR is any different.

and the r32 was banned from racing because it was "too fast".beating the porsches in its class. thats some good history. and the huge following a GTR has. when half of the car nuts see a GTR pull up, faces drop down. Not so much on a porsche because they r common.(in the US speaking)

but to each his own. I would take the GTR over the 997. but a carrera GT over a GTR.

and i think the porsches have lackluster styling. all their models look exactly alike.

It depends on how you look at it. The r35 was a HUGE step over any previous Skyline when it comes to computer control. I see what you're getting at, but your average Joe would definitely be able to handle a GTR much better than the Tech Art.

EJ25RUN
10-27-2008, 09:58 PM
and the r32 was banned from racing because it was "too fast".beating the porsches in its class.

There was never a Group A 911. So that is actually inaccurate.

JITB
10-27-2008, 10:29 PM
Porsche has something Nissan never will..... a little thing called "class".

cant really argue with that...lol

PSINXS
10-27-2008, 10:31 PM
There was never a Group A 911. So that is actually inaccurate.
my mistake.

EJ25RUN
10-27-2008, 10:41 PM
my mistake.

Small technicallity that one. But the R32 is credited with effectivly killing of Group A, forcing the FIA to adopt Class I and Class II, and banning all non Australian cars from the national championship since 1993.

DecoyOctopus
10-27-2008, 10:45 PM
Porsche has something Nissan never will..... a little thing called "class". neither does your body kit :gay: he shoots...he scores

RL...
10-28-2008, 12:25 AM
neither does your body kit :gay: he shoots...he scores

Nissan is in a class of its own. :rolleyes:

Everyone knows porsche is capable of coming out with supercars.

But that fact that Acura doesn't have an nsx anymore, and Toyota doesn't have a supra anymore, nissan is the only japanese maker making a supercar at a bargain.

NewGen33
10-28-2008, 12:59 AM
A wise man once said...show me a fast Nissan and I'll show you a faster Porsche.

VooDooXII
10-28-2008, 01:03 AM

Porsche FTMFW!

Best post ITT.

Doppelgänger
10-28-2008, 03:09 PM
neither does your body kit :gay: he shoots...he scores

It must suck to take all day to think of something like that. See, i've been around long enough to know that not everyone gets along, so cheap attempts with poor insults really does not bother me. Now run along little n00b and stop trying to fit in with the OGs.

RL...
10-28-2008, 09:14 PM
A wise man once said...show me a fast Nissan and I'll show you a faster Porsche.

:thinking: The cheapest porsche that's faster than the gt-r s 100k+.

that's like comparing a vette to an rsx. Of course the vette is better. It's also more expensive.

DecoyOctopus
10-28-2008, 09:15 PM
It must suck to take all day to think of something like that. See, i've been around long enough to know that not everyone gets along, so cheap attempts with poor insults really does not bother me. Now run along little n00b and stop trying to fit in with the OGs. OGs? lol what are you talkin about? i be readin what you post on all these forums and i dont like you youre just too damn cocky and from what i can tell you love body kits and "aero packages". fast and furious is old now...an "OG" like yourself should know that.

Doppelgänger
10-28-2008, 10:22 PM
OGs? lol what are you talkin about? i be readin what you post on all these forums and i dont like you youre just too damn cocky and from what i can tell you love body kits and "aero packages". fast and furious is old now...an "OG" like yourself should know that.
Sure you're not reading your own 5th grade jargon? :lmfao:

Speaking of such funny posts, how about your "intro" thread....

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147721

DecoyOctopus
10-28-2008, 10:34 PM
i diddnt realize spelling counted on IA. so anyways...get rid of the kit before you comment on what looks good or not boy. and lol @ your desperate attempt to bring up the past to get some people on your side. dude grow some nutz, thats why you diddnt even respond when i tried to buy that steering wheel off you weakling.

87 Turbo II
10-28-2008, 10:51 PM
Best post ITT.
Thanks, I'm proud of it. I think that one will circulate. I'd love to be the originator of one of thos epics I will see in a year on another forum knowing I made it.

NewGen33
10-29-2008, 12:05 AM

that's like comparing a vette to an rsx. Of course the vette is better. It's also more expensive.
Your point?

RL...
10-29-2008, 12:57 AM
:lmfao: @ ^^

there is no point explaining anything to you. You are too dumb to comprehend common sense, which it seems these days is not so common...love the sig btw

NewGen33
10-29-2008, 01:33 AM
Alright so I ask what the point you were trying to make was when you replied to my post and you try and start a childish internet battle. People start stupid shit on here all the time and I'm not going to be part of it. It's sad they allow people with your attitude to post on here. Also thanks for complement on my sig.

OnURleft
10-29-2008, 01:53 AM

I'm sorry but there are plenty of reaons why people by the Porsche and will never look back. Sorry it's a thing called quality and soul. A vette is virtually shit inside compared to it's expensive competitors, feels shitty, looks shitty and really just is constructed of low quality materials and plastics. Same goes with an E39 M5 compared to a CTS-V or GTO compared to a CLK550 or an E46 M3 compared to a 350z.. a person who expects their cars to feel as good and as exhilerating as it, is not going buy a cheap bargain immitation that goes as fast. You have such a narrow way of looking it.
Also a GTR is simply a improved 350z with twin turbo's and a great chassis. Subjectively by many people who have reviewed it, it's not nearly as great to drive as it suggests, nor very exhilerating like that 100K GT3 you mention. It's just a block with a snail and AWD that throws down some good numbers for a great price. Would a GT3, M3, F430, Gallardo be the same if it had a 6500-7k redline and silent whooring turbo motor. I don't think so, they developed real motors instead of taking a short cut.

Doppelgänger
10-29-2008, 05:35 AM
thats why you diddnt even respond when i tried to buy that steering wheel off you weakling.

I didn't reply because I wasn't going to sell it to a dumbass like you :)
BTW, it did get sold and it's new home is in a RX-7... which is a far nicer home then it would ever have had if I sold it to you.

I also want to thank you for pointing out how much it sucks and how ugly functional aero... you know... I must be retarded to want a larger opening on the front of my car to get more airflow to the intercooler and radiator and keep less airflow under the front of the car. Oh Great One with the ghey fake Japanese front plate who knows so much about boosted Miatas ....

tron
10-29-2008, 07:09 AM
i wont say anything about how any of these cars performance because i have never driven any of them. but when it comes to looks i would take a gt3 over the gtr hands down but prolly will end up with a gtr cause its cheaper and just as fast. if i had enough money i could care less about the 911s heritage even tho i kno it has an impressive one

BobbyFresco
10-29-2008, 07:49 AM
I have to say that after seeing two GTR's for the first time, in a matter of ten minutes, I liked the external appearance. I'm sure it's a nice car and it looks badass, that much I can admit but, I would still take the Porsche.

Bruce Leroy
10-29-2008, 07:55 AM
IMO, the price difference between the two is not important. If you make enough money to make payments on the gtr, the payments on a 911 are not gonna break you... and if they do then your priorities are in the wrong place. :2cents:

I say testdrive both, and pick which one drives the best........

which will obviously be the porsche. :D

IDCoconut
10-29-2008, 08:07 AM
Did any of you watch the video? LOL.

Hubinet was complaining the entire time about the shot tires on the 997, lol.

4dmin
10-29-2008, 08:39 AM

lol ya i heard the same thing... i'm sure the Porsche would destroy it w/ better tires... street compound vs race would make a HUGE difference on that type of race.

you want to put it to the test make cobb race a lemans porsche and see who last the race :lmfao:; 1 lap doesn't say shit about a "race car"

Elbow
10-29-2008, 10:44 AM
I didn't reply because I wasn't going to sell it to a dumbass like you :)
BTW, it did get sold and it's new home is in a RX-7... which is a far nicer home then it would ever have had if I sold it to you.

I also want to thank you for pointing out how much it sucks and how ugly functional aero... you know... I must be retarded to want a larger opening on the front of my car to get more airflow to the intercooler and radiator and keep less airflow under the front of the car. Oh Great One with the ghey fake Japanese front plate who knows so much about boosted Miatas ....

...........lol

AirMax95
10-29-2008, 11:07 AM

Yeah, he got it sideways a few times, lol.

I agree, fresh tires on the 997 = diff story.

Also, I would take 997 over the GTR :D

Cool Cat Racing
10-31-2008, 02:49 PM
Price really doesn't matter right now as the GTR's still cost about $100K to get one. I don't like Porsche but I still wouldn't buy a GTR. Hell I can even go buy a Z06 which was the last real "it" performance car and the first one everyone hit up for performance tests with the new GTR. The simply fact remains that in order to use a GTR properly or to get the numbers that Nissan publishes you void your warranty. That's simply retarded and kills the car in my eyes. If I buy a performance car I want to be able to use it as its supposed to be used and know it will still work. You can take the cheapest Porsche made even 10 years ago and turn off any PSC it has and run the shit out of it at a track and still drive it home, same goes for the new ones except you'll still have a warranty if you do. Yes the GTR is fast, yes its a great achievement in working around physics but it breaks too much and the parts are still too expensive. I'll still buy an R34 which looks better and I can run it hard and break fewer parts. If its not going to be warrantied and expensive I might as well get one that won't break.

Capt._Ron
11-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Price really doesn't matter right now as the GTR's still cost about $100K to get one. I don't like Porsche but I still wouldn't buy a GTR. Hell I can even go buy a Z06 which was the last real "it" performance car and the first one everyone hit up for performance tests with the new GTR. The simply fact remains that in order to use a GTR properly or to get the numbers that Nissan publishes you void your warranty. That's simply retarded and kills the car in my eyes. If I buy a performance car I want to be able to use it as its supposed to be used and know it will still work. You can take the cheapest Porsche made even 10 years ago and turn off any PSC it has and run the shit out of it at a track and still drive it home, same goes for the new ones except you'll still have a warranty if you do. Yes the GTR is fast, yes its a great achievement in working around physics but it breaks too much and the parts are still too expensive. I'll still buy an R34 which looks better and I can run it hard and break fewer parts. If its not going to be warrantied and expensive I might as well get one that won't break.

R34??? Really Bender?? Thats a lie and you know it. You would rather do a 1jz swap in an s13 than work on a skyline. If that wasn't the case then there would be an 800 hp R33 Godzilla running around Macon. :yes:

GTR PWNS ALL!!! (isn't that the new way to discuss cars in Car Talk?? LOL)

Capt._Ron
11-01-2008, 09:01 PM
IMO, the price difference between the two is not important. If you make enough money to make payments on the gtr, the payments on a 911 are not gonna break you... and if they do then your priorities are in the wrong place. :2cents:

I say testdrive both, and pick which one drives the best........
which will obviously be the porsche. :D

If you paid for any of your schooling you should probably ask for a refund. How in the hell is 2 times the price not important. I can assure you that there is a difference in the people who can afford a GTR vs. the 911

EJ25RUN
11-01-2008, 09:22 PM
R34??? Really Bender?? Thats a lie and you know it. You would rather do a 1jz swap in an s13 than work on a skyline. If that wasn't the case then there would be an 800 hp R33 Godzilla running around Macon. :yes:

GTR PWNS ALL!!! (isn't that the new way to discuss cars in Car Talk?? LOL)

the 2JZ is a more sophisticated enhine than the RB26. Toyota had 5 years to look through the RB26 before releasing the 2JZ.

But when considering what the cars were originally meant to do (road racing). Both Iron blocks were opsolete by 1999.

OneSlow5pt0
11-01-2008, 10:34 PM
the 2JZ is a more sophisticated enhine than the RB26. Toyota had 5 years to look through the RB26 before releasing the 2JZ.

But when considering what the cars were originally meant to do (road racing). Both Iron blocks were opsolete by 1999.

as for road racing ive always been led to believe the 3SGTE was a better engine then the 2jz,for the weight and power

EJ25RUN
11-02-2008, 10:29 AM
as for road racing ive always been led to believe the 3SGTE was a better engine then the 2jz,for the weight and power

Yeah it is. You can place it further back and dont have to swing around an iron block. All that became old 6 years ago when the Supra GT500 teams swaped from a 3S to a 3UZ all alloy V8. They still use that engine.

Once the LF-A gets closed to production, i know the teams will switch to that body shape but i hope they use that V10 as well.

Atlblkz06
11-10-2008, 04:28 PM
I cant afford either of em - so at this point in time I'm not going to worry about which one I'm going to buy.