PDA

View Full Version : Open Mic Discussion.

AlanŽ
10-22-2008, 11:55 AM
Well my school has finally decided to do something election related that isn't completely one sided(everything here on campus has been favoring Obama). They are holding a 50 minute open mic discussion. Should be fairly interesting. I'll let you know how it goes.

AirMax95
10-22-2008, 02:06 PM
It should be interesting. Hopefully there will be intelligent people, not crazy loons!Video tape it if possible. What school do you attend?

rrutter81
10-22-2008, 02:10 PM
wont matter. if it is a public school our government is funding the brain washing session for their personal interest.

AlanŽ
10-22-2008, 02:22 PM
It should be interesting. Hopefully there will be intelligent people, not crazy loons!Video tape it if possible. What school do you attend?
Well I just got back and I couldn't video tape it or anything sorry folks. In all I think around 50 people actually attended.Of those fifty I want to say that 8 people actually spoke (including myself) 4 or 5 of which actually professors so.....The room was basically entirely Pro-Obama. The first guy that got up and spoke basically just got up and made a joke to get it started because no one wanted to talk.

The first serious person that got up and spoke was pro-obama and basically just said that he thought that Obama stood for change and sat down. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: .

The second guy that spoke was pro-mccain and made a few good points but nothing that anyone really cared about(Acorn, etc.)

I got up and spoke on my feelings about the economy and one of the professors and a students responded by basically saying that they didn't care about who was going to get taxed or what the possible consequences were so long as they got helped. :no: .

All in all it was more than I expected but still kind of pathetic IMHO.

I go to Gordon btw.

rrutter81
10-22-2008, 02:47 PM
predictable

AirMax95
10-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Yeah, open mics like that only REALLY work if you have a panel of students w/ close to equal amounts for each view point. I went to several while at GaSou. The panel would say its piece, then the audience would chime in between questions.

Glad to see you got involved, points for you.

alpine_aw11
10-22-2008, 03:20 PM
Good for you, most people wouldn't get involved. I'm currently attending GGC, I can't imagine how upsetting it would be at my school.

AlanŽ
10-22-2008, 03:35 PM
Yeah, open mics like that only REALLY work if you have a panel of students w/ close to equal amounts for each view point. I went to several while at GaSou. The panel would say its piece, then the audience would chime in between questions.

Glad to see you got involved, points for you.
Thanks man :goodjob: . I had planned on just kind of sitting back and seeing what people had to say but no one wanted to talk especially those for McCain. The professor and girls statements though really kind of proved the point that I had made in another thread that Obama is going to win because he gave people someone to blame. I tried to explain to a girl that the small business she worked for was going to be negatively affected by Obama's plan and she basically said well I will still get money so it doesn't matter.

flak_monkey
10-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Well my school has finally decided to do something election related that isn't completely one sided(everything here on campus has been favoring Obama). They are holding a 50 minute open mic discussion. Should be fairly interesting. I'll let you know how it goes.I don't want to hear about anybody putting a mic in their anus. :gay:

AlanŽ
10-22-2008, 05:43 PM
I don't want to hear about anybody putting a mic in their anus. :gay:
um ok? :thinking: Glad to see you have something worth contributing as usual :rolleyes:

flak_monkey
10-22-2008, 08:50 PM
um ok? :thinking: Glad to see you have something worth contributing as usual :rolleyes:i shouldn't drink and type.

AlanŽ
10-22-2008, 08:52 PM
i shouldn't drink and type.
Definitely :goodjob: