PDA

View Full Version : Superdome....

Brett
09-06-2005, 06:43 PM
On CNN they are saying most likley the SUPER DOME will have to be torn down. That sucks

The Louisiana Superdome was so heavily damaged by last week's Hurricane Katrina that it likely will have to be torn down, according to a spokeswoman for James Lee Witt, the former Federal Emergency Management Agency director now advising Louisiana's governor.

Katrina sheared away much of the roof's covering, and rainwater began leaking into the stadium when it was being used as a shelter of last resort for thousands of residents stranded by the storm.

The Superdome is the home of the New Orleans Saints professional football team. The NFL season begins this weekend, and it is not clear where the Saints will play this season.

Also NOL is now 60% under water, down from 80%, good to see the pumps are making some progress

quickdodgeŽ
09-06-2005, 06:45 PM
That is fucked up. A little history gone. Later, QD.

Brett
09-06-2005, 06:56 PM
And you know what after the smell thats in there, the disease and shit in there now, I think tearing it down would be the safest thing for everyone anyways.

RandomGuy
09-06-2005, 06:58 PM
seriously they need to fuckin douse the city in gas and light it up and start new... fuckin shits gay.

Brett
09-06-2005, 07:02 PM
The good thing like I posted up top, They are down from 80% of the city under water to 60% and that in just under a day and half.... But they say the water is so infected with disease but things are and will get better.

RandomGuy
09-06-2005, 07:09 PM
damn tahts nasty... must suck cuz arent there a shitload of gators down there too... now if something like this happened in florida... GAME OVER HUMANS... pretty much, arent there more gators in florida than humans its like 3:1 right?

Brett
09-06-2005, 07:11 PM
I dont know, But I lived in Miami my whole life and never saw a gator, even when I went to the everglades all the times I went

TranceDJ06
09-06-2005, 07:23 PM
"Many residents are refusing to leave New Orleans despite a mandatory evacuation and warnings from government officials that staying in the flooded city represents a health risk." Damn..I know It would be hard to leave your own home town..but shit Nothing to stay and die for..Id Get tha hell out of Gulf Coast. plus no drinking water, contaminated water by E. coli that is.

atlantamx3
09-06-2005, 08:08 PM
So thats great... they are pumping all that disease-infested water into another watersource to fuck it up too.

How nice.

Brett
09-06-2005, 08:12 PM
So thats great... they are pumping all that disease-infested water into another watersource to fuck it up too.

How nice.

Well they have to get it out of th city, where else do you propose they pump it it?

Brett
09-06-2005, 08:13 PM
"Many residents are refusing to leave New Orleans despite a mandatory evacuation and warnings from government officials that staying in the flooded city represents a health risk." Damn..I know It would be hard to leave your own home town..but shit Nothing to stay and die for..Id Get tha hell out of Gulf Coast. plus no drinking water, contaminated water by E. coli that is.

The mayor just announced he is giving the military full authority to forcefully remove all resident who will not leave, He is making EVERYONE leave now, no questions asked.

Julio
09-06-2005, 08:17 PM
I think the MAYOR is the 1st jackass who needs to be gone.. Rumors are... They are about to fire a few FEMA big wigs too.. They all screw up and started blaming other people.

But, If anyone is to blame is the MAYOR hes a dumb fuck

Brett
09-06-2005, 08:20 PM
^^ Dont forget, We need to blame Bush to to make a few IA people happy to :lmfao:

Julio
09-06-2005, 08:21 PM
^^ Dont forget, We need to blame Bush to to make a few IA people happy to :lmfao:

Blah.. Lets just forced them to drink some good ol' NOL water.. That will take care of the problem. :lmfao:

Brett
09-06-2005, 08:22 PM
:cheers: :gulp:

HyPer50
09-06-2005, 08:43 PM
I personally think the Saints have played there last game in New Orleans, I don't see the city being willing/able to build another stadium... just not enough money/market in that area. Soon to be the LA Saints.

atlantamx3
09-06-2005, 10:12 PM
Well they have to get it out of th city, where else do you propose they pump it it?

Oh no I know what you are saying Brett... I am just surprised that the liberal enviro-weenies havent started bitching about that too....

Just wait.. I bet they will!

And I bet they blame Bush for them not having a few trillion-ton barrels to put all that nasty water in!

quickdodgeŽ
09-06-2005, 10:24 PM
, where else do you propose they pump it it?

B1aze and Turbo Spool's house. Later, QD.

Hulud
09-06-2005, 10:27 PM
I personally think the Saints have played there last game in New Orleans, I don't see the city being willing/able to build another stadium... just not enough money/market in that area. Soon to be the LA Saints.
i dunno bout LA cause the city guy (forgot his title) is a complete ass and cheap as hell.

thats why raiders went back to oakland, and the rams to St. Louis

quickdodgeŽ
09-06-2005, 10:29 PM
Actually they are looking at San Antonio. Later, QD.

Hulud
09-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Actually they are looking at San Antonio. Later, QD.
o cool shit

99ITRGIRL
09-06-2005, 11:30 PM
sad. this is the worst natural disaster that has ever been recorded. sad...

Hulud
09-06-2005, 11:32 PM
um on american soil, yes
in the world no not even close

Danny
09-06-2005, 11:49 PM
doze the city. and let it be what its natuarlly suposed to be: a shallow lake. But, they will rebuild at the massive expense of the tax payers. Any house that was flooded will need to be tore down. Some steel and conrete based structures stand a small chance of not being completly tore down. X number of years from now, it will just happen again and people will wonder why, and be totally amazed at the fact that it happend just like this time. anyone invest in any hurricane related stocks, there is a couple 2 baggers this past week.

Brett
09-07-2005, 07:17 AM

The Tsunami 6 months ago was MUCH worse then this

Kristi
09-07-2005, 01:46 PM
i saw where they said they are going to tear it down, but i also read that they will eventually build another one - but that would be years down the road.

JITB
09-07-2005, 02:14 PM
Well the president of FEMA is being quesitoned and will be probrably be fired by several members of the Presidents own cabinet.. They had a meeting abou all thta shit supposedly and its being investigated by congress.

HyPer50
09-07-2005, 02:21 PM
I haven't watched the news in quite awhile now since they were starting to get into the bullshit newscasting... but how far along are they now with the evacuation? are there people still staying on roofs or is everybody in a safe place?

LaurenK
09-07-2005, 03:28 PM
Love the sig Julio...it's so true.

Brett
09-07-2005, 09:26 PM
I haven't watched the news in quite awhile now since they were starting to get into the bullshit newscasting... but how far along are they now with the evacuation? are there people still staying on roofs or is everybody in a safe place?

About 15,000 people who refuse to still leave

ahmonrah
09-07-2005, 09:56 PM
i guess they will call new orleans "NEW ORLEANS 2.0" after the rebuild.
as far as firing the mayor i'm not sure if that's something to do. i mean dude did lose his cool on air in a phone interview. but as far as we know he was pissed about the lack of support that came from ANYWHERE after Katrina kicked NO'S ass.

and he did, i repeat, did stay in N.O. throughout the whole incident. he gets my approval to remain. that took balls. some people would've ran faster than a fat kid to "FREE KRISPY KREME DAY" ON PONCE DE LEON.

RISKYB
09-08-2005, 07:21 AM
damn that sucks, i rmember watching a couple games there when i was a kid, it was fun as hell

Brett
09-08-2005, 09:32 AM
They have also said the whole school year is cancelled in NOL. If I was a senior in HS, id be one pissed off mutha fucka!! LOL

BOOSTEDeg
09-08-2005, 07:10 PM
I say just leave it as it is, get everyone out of there. EVERYONE knew it was below sea level and something like this was destined to happen. It sucks, it truly does. I think New Orleans should just be Lake New Orleans or something. I am sorry for all those effected by this, I donated and volunteered to lend my hand in whatever but think it should just be a memory.