PDA

View Full Version : Misc Documentary: 1320 Movie Trailer

NewGen33
10-21-2008, 11:36 PM
It looks like someone is putting fourth the effort to make a legitimate documentary.
*Note: I don't partake in street racing so for those on here that like to start stuff don't accuse.*

http://www.1320movie.com/

In the summer of 2001 Universal Pictures released “The Fast and The Furious,” it went on to gross $144 million dollars domestically. Later that year, two guys with nothing better to do started taking a camera to the underground street races.
By the end of 2002, the number of street racing fatalities had reached unheard of numbers. In San Diego county alone, 16 people died from illegal street racing. From Los Angeles to Miami, street racing became one of the hottest news topics around, as the death toll continued to climb across America.
Those same two guys with the camera spent the next 5 years trying to figure out why...
An exhilarating, hilarious, and heart breaking look at the clandestine cultural phenomena that won’t go away. 1320: A West Coast Story chronicles contemporary street racing’s Hot Rod roots, and the automotive aftermarket that evolved into a multi-billion dollar business.
Filmmakers, Dominic Pena and Matthew Goff examine how a nostalgic nuisance became the social epidemic it is today; along the way attempting to debunk any misnomers brought about by a certain hollywood blockbuster.
This groundbreaking documentary features entertaining interviews from some of the greatest icons in automotive history: Wally Parks (NHRA founder, 1st Hot Rod editor) David Freiburger (former editor Car Craft, Hot Rod; carjunkietv.com), Lisa Kubo(first sub-8 second front wheel drive car; ) William “Big Willie” Robinson (President - International Brotherhood of Street Racers) and many more.

savincent
10-22-2008, 08:09 AM
I can dig this.

All seriousness aside though. That Asian guy on the bicycle....
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh116/savincent/asianbicyclist.jpg

HAHAHAHA:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao: HAHAHAHA

Deke
10-22-2008, 11:36 AM
It's been posted before, looks like it could possibly be interesting.

NewGen33
10-22-2008, 10:32 PM
It's been posted before, looks like it could possibly be interesting.
Sorry about the repost and I think it will be good.