PDA

View Full Version : It is true.. A G35 slammed into me on I-285

ChaoticArcanum
10-21-2008, 09:18 PM
I know people are going to start talking bad about this but there was nothing I could have done. I am sorry to all the people that loved this car because I did even before it was lowered or diff. wheels. I have owned 6 Honda's and one 300ZX.. This was the best car that I have owned and the only auto. The guy from the insurance company is going to take a look at it tomorrow so I will know if it is totaled or repairable. I am sorry to everyone that has called me about this.. I JUST finished everything that I wanted to fix with it.. I just put the headlights back and was going to call Nitro for the 6k Low Beam and 1k (yellow) High beam lights.. This really does hurt posting this!

I was on I-285 Sunday night on the way home last night when a girl hit me. I was on the far left lane and just passed a Subaru that was almost a car length behind me on my right side (next lane over). I see this car with some bright lights swerve over to my lane pretty quick. She coming up on my pretty fast and I watch her getting closer and closer.. I didn't think she was going to do it but she tried to squeeze between me and the Subaru and didn't make it. When she hit me she kept going like nothing happened. I was shocked and wanted to get her tag so I followed her for another 500ft when I guess she figured out I was following her and wouldn't let this go. She pulls over all the way to the left (cuts in front of me) and stops half way in the interstate. I pull all the way over to the right and calm down from the rush and call 911. I get out and go over to make sure they were OK and she gets out and the first thing she asks me was "What happened". I am in shocked because how could you not know that you just slammed into someone after trying to squeeze between two cars like that. I then ask her if she was drunk and she says the two other girls in the car were but they were sleeping. I told her what she did and she said she didn't...She said she just left a party and they were on the way back. I look at the tag and she is from Illinois and I asked why she was down here.. She didn't comment. I walked back over to my car to wait for the cops to show up and she wants my information so she could trade cards and leave.. I said "No.. I want to wait for the officer to show up and do it the right way". She said " I know what I am doing.. I am a Paralegal and I want your information!" I said no and got back in my car as she got sand in her V and walked away. The officer shows up and takes all the information. He speaks to me about what happened and then her. I told him about how it seemed she didn't want to stop and that she tried to leave after yelling at me because I wanted to wait for the officer to show up after the call was already made. He told me he gave HER a ticket for "Following to Closely" and then tells me he is giving me a ticket for "Failure to Maintain Lane" and I told him I was in the same lane the whole time till I pulled over to the right. He said I would have to fight it in court and wait till then.. I am waiting now for the insurance person to call me back and my lawyer.

EDIT: After thinking about this... I think there was someone else in the car that was driving and since she pulled all the way to the left (for some stupid reason) I think that gave one of the them to wake the girl up that was the owner of the car. THAT COULD BE WHY SHE ASKED WHAT HAPPENED! I think I figured this ish out now! It did take me a little bit to get over there and ask if they were ok because of I-285 traffic... In that time they had time to switch seats on this!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kikwear/Wreck/CIMG0215.jpg (http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vczUucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy95MT YwL2tpa3dlYXIvV3JlY2svP2FjdGlvbj12aWV3JmN1cnJlbnQ9 Q0lNRzAyMTUuanBn)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kikwear/Wreck/CIMG0216.jpg (http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vczUucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy95MT YwL2tpa3dlYXIvV3JlY2svP2FjdGlvbj12aWV3JmN1cnJlbnQ9 Q0lNRzAyMTYuanBn)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kikwear/Wreck/CIMG0220.jpg (http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vczUucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy95MT YwL2tpa3dlYXIvV3JlY2svP2FjdGlvbj12aWV3JmN1cnJlbnQ9 Q0lNRzAyMjAuanBn)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kikwear/Wreck/CIMG0221.jpg (http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vczUucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy95MT YwL2tpa3dlYXIvV3JlY2svP2FjdGlvbj12aWV3JmN1cnJlbnQ9 Q0lNRzAyMjEuanBn)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kikwear/Wreck/CIMG0218.jpg (http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vczUucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy95MT YwL2tpa3dlYXIvV3JlY2svP2FjdGlvbj12aWV3JmN1cnJlbnQ9 Q0lNRzAyMTguanBn)
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/kikwear/Wreck/CIMG0219.jpg (http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vczUucGhvdG9idWNrZXQuY29tL2FsYnVtcy95MT YwL2tpa3dlYXIvV3JlY2svP2FjdGlvbj12aWV3JmN1cnJlbnQ9 Q0lNRzAyMTkuanBn)

Z33_kid
10-21-2008, 09:21 PM
damn that sucks sorry to hear that plus the lady wanting to leave what a hoe

PURP
10-21-2008, 09:22 PM
what a dumbbbbbbbbb bitch

umairejaz
10-21-2008, 09:23 PM
....wow, that sucks. Im sorry bro.

Logan
10-21-2008, 09:23 PM
WTF!

And on top of that you got a ticket from the cop....

I am sorry man, I always loved you car...

That thing is totaled.

dkjohnson04
10-21-2008, 09:24 PM
that is bullshit for you getting a ticket! failure to maintain lane? WTF......pigs! I hope its not totaled bro!

FasTech
10-21-2008, 09:25 PM
I'm serisouly thinking about not moving to Atlanta now! lolol, I mean I know wrecks happen everywhere but they hardly ever happen down my way. This is like the 4th thread in the past month with people getting into wrecks.

Glad your alright man, sucks it happened!

dimer4life
10-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Damn, that sucks man. Just wondering if you want to sell you rims?

Homer Simpson
10-21-2008, 09:26 PM
WHAT! Thats crazy man! your car was beautiful! Sorry for your lose man...

m3dic8d
10-21-2008, 09:37 PM
Cops can be assholes, he should have breathalized (sp) her she was probably drinking...

ChaoticArcanum
10-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Thanks everyone.. I am going to the hospital tomorrow because of back and neck pain.

I am not sure if I can part the car.. Well I do not know if I could.. I wish I could keep it!

HachiDori
10-21-2008, 09:54 PM
what a F**** cunt, reminds me of my x lol

Gl with getting her back together bro

BKgen®
10-21-2008, 10:09 PM
damn damn damn, that sucks man. and of course it was a woman...

Alan®
10-21-2008, 10:12 PM
I wish I could say I was surprised that the police were less than helpful but I'm not. Good luck bro sorry for your loss.

Evil Goat
10-21-2008, 10:15 PM
sorry for the wreck, hope all goes well....

now pm me a price on the wheels...

Random Hero
10-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Sorry to hear about this David.

RL...
10-21-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm sorry as well. Another situation where a cop loses it on a power trip and gives tickets to innocent people.

Dwisforme05
10-21-2008, 10:41 PM
damn man, sry to hear it. did the cop breathalize her to make sure she wasnt drunk?

LIKEG6
10-21-2008, 10:52 PM
that's some bullshit

G/L with whatever happens

NevrNufTorq
10-21-2008, 11:02 PM
really sucks he gave you a ticket...her insurance will try to claim no fault for both of you and your insurance will have to pay...hope you're lawyer can fix it for you man :goodjob:

Romeo
10-21-2008, 11:08 PM
I mean I know wrecks happen everywhere but they hardly ever happen down my way.
definetly calling B.S. on this one.they happen alot around here. just around here, its usually only one car.and its their fault. but i love that car,always have. sorry about it.. i know how it is.

Brown Man
10-21-2008, 11:26 PM
Damn, that sucks man. Just wondering if you want to sell you rims?

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l13/kmaricar/MoBallin-1.jpg

Vteckidd
10-21-2008, 11:43 PM
get a lawyer

puregroove
10-21-2008, 11:51 PM
dang... sucks to hear. good luck.

G.C
10-21-2008, 11:53 PM
sorry to hear bout it. hope you get the right price and get money for you health.

ChaoticArcanum
10-21-2008, 11:58 PM
I am so worried about this.. I can not sleep because of the last comment on page one... I hope her insurance company doesn't do that. I just hope the see the damage from the back and see that she clearly slammed into me.

Vteckidd
10-22-2008, 12:08 AM
well you need to hire a lawyer for SURE, then, you need to have the lawyer possibly go after the cop for failing at his job.

I cant see how you get hit and its failure to maintain lane.

get a lawyer an let him do the work, you could make a lot of money off this

Humphrizzle
10-22-2008, 12:19 AM
there is no way a cop can write you a ticket.. he never saw anything and had no clue whether you were failing to maintain your lane.

that ticket will most likely be dropped and her insurance company should pay out the ass.

gen2freak
10-22-2008, 12:26 AM
sucks david!

NevrNufTorq
10-22-2008, 12:34 AM
didnt mean to scare you but it is serious...you need to get all the info and your side of the story to your insurance asap and call hers asap also and be very nice but ask how soon an adjuster can look at your car and the damage since it was her fault. you called the cops right? make sure both insurance companies know that and that you had to run her down...will look very bad on her part

above all else, GET A LAWYER WITH A QUICKNESS :2cents:

NevrNufTorq
10-22-2008, 12:37 AM
there is no way a cop can write you a ticket.. he never saw anything and had no clue whether you were failing to maintain your lane.

that ticket will most likely be dropped and her insurance company should pay out the ass.

he already did, it's called 'officers discretion'

my brother had the same thing happen to him and he was rear ended but she was cute and my brother got a ticket for improper something or another and the accident went 'no fault' and his insurance had to fix his vehicle :(

B18CDELSLO
10-22-2008, 09:13 AM
did the people in the subaru not stop? it woulda been great to have those ppl as witnesses! gl though

integ34
10-22-2008, 09:29 AM
sorry bout da car!

glad to see ur okay!!!

redrumracer
10-22-2008, 09:31 AM
man it sucks that you got a ticket, but 2 questions, are you black/hispanic?(id bet thats a reasoning behind your bs ticket, well that and the girl prob flirted and teased.)

and also you may want to check the gadot site and see if that section was one of the sections that had cameras on it and review the film if they store it.

but yea sucks they hit you AND then you got a ticket. did you get the tag number of the subie, or did they stop? was there ANY stores/gas stations off the road near that particular point which may have caught it on film? i would go back and look for any resources to help your case.

SLOWR/T
10-22-2008, 09:38 AM
Hmmmmm.... seems like part of the story is missing being that he gave you a ticket as well. Was there any other witnesses? Sucks but Id get a lawyer.

Sport1.3
10-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Ah man, sorry about the car... that sux. Definitely get a lawyer, before she does.

Another reason I don’t like police involved. To serve and inconvenience

Ol' Gregg
10-22-2008, 10:01 AM
Damnit i loved that car!

Christopherr
10-22-2008, 10:08 AM
failure to maintain lane...wow, cops love to pull that one out of their a$$.

I got one last year after a dude (driving without a license or proof of insurance) runs into me.

I didn't even try to fight it (i'd eventually cost more than the ticket...the ticket was 190 because it involved an accident - blah blah blah. Gwinnett County - that one sucked balls.

Sorry to hear about your car...it is clean.

carbon_crash
10-22-2008, 10:21 AM
A few questions:

1.who is your insurance provider?
2.who is the girl's insruance provider?
3.were there any other witnesses that stopped?
4. when is your court date for the violation?

You will need to fight your ticket for sure. Since she broad sided/rear-ended you, she is obviously at fault. Def get a lawyer since she claims to be a paralegal

Atlblkz06
10-22-2008, 10:34 AM
From the damage. Its plain as day that the impact came from behind and NOT from the side. This proves one of two stories:

A) You failed to maintain your lane and were hit by a fast moving car on the right lane.
B) You were minding your own business and a car tried to squeeze in between and hit you.

She may have told the cop story A, and you probably gave him/her B.
Without a witness I doubt you can prove that she was driving like an idiot.

It looks like you were going too slow for the left lane. This is why I try not to drive there. Being 1 lane over is so much safer - you're not in the way of crazy speeders.
Were there any other cars involved? Did she hit anyone else?

You said:
"She coming up on my pretty fast and I watch her getting closer and closer.."

And you didnt move out of the way because....

h23bb2
10-22-2008, 11:30 AM
sorry dude. Keep us posted on the outcome.

ChaoticArcanum
10-22-2008, 11:53 AM
You said:
"She coming up on my pretty fast and I watch her getting closer and closer.."

And you didn't move out of the way because....

I didn't see her from far away.. If I would have served over I could have hit the Subaru because I wasn't sure where he was and I knew I just passed but he could have anywhere.. I wasn't going to jump out of my lane while watching her.

ChaoticArcanum
10-22-2008, 11:55 AM
sorry dude. Keep us posted on the outcome.

They guy from my insurance came out and said he could tell she slammed into me. I am still waiting on the other insurance company to take a look at this.

Does anyone know of a lawyer that will take this without cash upfront?

After thinking about how stupid she was and how much time she had I really do think she switched seats with someone that WAS driving her car. Why would two girls be passed out from a football game at her boyfriends house?

Atlblkz06
10-22-2008, 12:29 PM
A lawyer might be helpful but if you decide to do it yourself I think you should procede like this:

Think of all the ways this could go badly for you and try to find evidence that backs up your claim. Don't worry about your ticket, just try to prove that it was her fault and you did nothing wrong.

Don't say things like "I saw her driving recklessly and coming at me in my mirror". It implies that you just stood there and did nothing to get out of the way. It also makes it sound like you're lying.

Fact is you got hit from behind because someone was impatient/drunk. Just make that clear and keep it short. Long tales are usually lies in this case (IMO).

Dont post any revealing information on here. For all you know her boyfriend might be on IA.

G.C
10-22-2008, 12:30 PM
They guy from my insurance came out and said he could tell she slammed into me. I am still waiting on the other insurance company to take a look at this.

Does anyone know of a lawyer that will take this without cash upfront?

After thinking about how stupid she was and how much time she had I really do think she switched seats with someone that WAS driving her car. Why would two girls be passed out from a football game at her boyfriends house?

You deserve to get laid by all 3 of them.

swolejamaica
10-22-2008, 12:37 PM
good thing your ok bro!!

MistaCee
10-22-2008, 12:41 PM
That's nuts. She definitely switched drivers. I would have called b.s. on her when she said they was sleeping after an accident.

Sport1.3
10-22-2008, 12:43 PM
^broyoursigislulz

Maniacc
10-22-2008, 12:46 PM
I didn't bother to read that novel of a post since reading is all stone age 'n shit. But from the looks of it, you'll be alright.

That amount of damage shouldn't cost you no more than $400 to fix. /sarcasm

Sucks but what can you do.

Gabe
10-22-2008, 06:09 PM
damn dude im sorry to hear this shit it will run you around 3500 to fix it hope her insurance will take care of you and the car if they decide not to total it. good luck !
oh and by the way u do deserve to get laid by all 3 of them :)

SiLkY_JohnSon
10-22-2008, 07:58 PM
dang .....awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that accord was the nicest cd5 ive seen man hope they give ya a bank roll back

2turbo4u
10-22-2008, 09:31 PM
Glad at least your ok, what was the damage done to her car?

LightningSpeed
10-23-2008, 05:19 AM
If i were you, i'd find me a chiropractor, and lawyer ASAP, then sit on your ass and wait for the checks!

DeeAOne
10-23-2008, 07:17 AM
sucks big time man. it could have been worse so you are lucky. getting hit right there at highway speed could have made you easily lose control.

cd5vtec
10-24-2008, 03:46 AM
damn that sucks... fuckn bitchs..

clean CD5
10-24-2008, 04:27 PM
sorry about the accord man! that sh*t sucks! well if you are gonna part it let a nukka know! but if you need anything just give me a holla, hard to see such a nice CD go down! best of luck tho!

WTF?
10-24-2008, 05:30 PM
sorry dude that car is very clean and nice

canadianrcis
10-24-2008, 06:15 PM
sorry to hear that man.

osnap
10-24-2008, 09:21 PM
...dude. no. :(

MR.EM1
10-24-2008, 10:11 PM
i would have ran up to her car full force and proceed to karate kick her side panel, then ask her "wat happened?"

///Mary
10-24-2008, 10:50 PM
BITCH! f?ck her up!!!!!!!!

UpSideDownDesi
10-25-2008, 01:15 AM
been through this shit before...it's a long process. Your insurance company will pay for repairs or car for now then fight it out with her ins company in court. That was a clean car bro, sorry to hear. Hope u can prove something in the court.

Humphrizzle
10-25-2008, 01:17 AM
i would make her trade cars with me.

1badgvr4
10-25-2008, 07:40 PM
DUDE PM ME!!! My uncle is an accident investigator and is very good at what he does.Just got my brother 8k and got my mom 12k for very small accidents.

JessAlba452
10-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Oh man so sorry to see this it was soooo clean! :( Would of knocked a hoe out for something like that.

Best of luck though, and keep us posted.

BlkCD5
10-26-2008, 07:56 PM
Sorry to hear about this. I was just about to give you a heads up on some jdm power folding mirrors. I imagine a hit like that would disable her car on the spot. Goodluck on the outcome.

1SICKLEX
10-26-2008, 08:04 PM
DUDE PM ME!!! My uncle is an accident investigator and is very good at what he does.Just got my brother 8k and got my mom 12k for very small accidents.

Thats ethical...and you wonder why everyones rates are so high....sigh...

speedminded
10-26-2008, 08:52 PM
The problem is if they gave you a ticket for failure to maintain lane and her insurance finds out about it then they will not pay and you'll have to go to civil court to collect. Will depend on your insurance co. how it is handled though...

Where on 285? There's 170 cameras on Atlanta freeways so there isn't really a single spot that doesn't have one looking at it but being enough light to see anything may be an issue. Go on georgia-navigator.com and figure out what # the camera was...there are also several cameras that aren't public on there as well. I'd subpoena the Transportation Management Center if you can't get the video from them.

http://wwwb.dot.state.ga.us/dot/operations/trafficops/Navigator/images/Opscenter.JPG

Wayne Shackelford Building/TMC
935 E. Confederate Ave. Bldg. 24
Atlanta, Georgia 30316
(404) 635-8900

1SICKLEX
10-26-2008, 09:38 PM
The problem is if they gave you a ticket for failure to maintain lane and her insurance finds out about it then they will not pay and you'll have to go to civil court to collect. Will depend on your insurance co. how it is handled though...

Where on 285? There's 170 cameras on Atlanta freeways so there isn't really a single spot that doesn't have one looking at it but being enough light to see anything may be an issue. Go on georgia-navigator.com and figure out what # the camera was...there are also several cameras that aren't public on there as well. I'd subpoena the Transportation Management Center if you can't get the video from them.

http://wwwb.dot.state.ga.us/dot/operations/trafficops/Navigator/images/Opscenter.JPG

Wayne Shackelford Building/TMC
935 E. Confederate Ave. Bldg. 24
Atlanta, Georgia 30316
(404) 635-8900

Only a few of those cameras actually record. Most are just showing "live" traffic.

ChaoticArcanum
10-27-2008, 02:46 AM
i would have ran up to her car full force and proceed to karate kick her side panel, then ask her "wat happened?"

Damn.. That would have been funny

ChaoticArcanum
10-27-2008, 02:49 AM
I have yet to have her insurance company come over to look at the damages.. I can not get in touch with that stuid A** from my company after the guy came out and took pics of my car.

Her insurance company told me "We will have someone out there within 24-48 hours".. She said that ON MONDAY!

I am looking at getting another Accord or 240.. I am not going to mod.. I am just going to stay stock and clean.. again :goodjob: