PDA

View Full Version : ...Quick Question...

jdmda9
10-21-2008, 12:19 PM
So yesterday i met up with this dude so that me and him could trade cars. However i have a quick question and if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it. We went for a drive in his EG which has a b20 w/a b16 tranny. So when he got on the highway he hit it and the car vibrated a lil. He said that it was because his car had an ITR flywheel and the vibrating was normal :thinking: . Is this true? Or is this car destined for failure! Plz any help would be good cuz i dont wanna get something that is only going to bring me problems. Thanx guyz!

RL...
10-21-2008, 01:34 PM
So yesterday i met up with this dude so that me and him could trade cars. However i have a quick question and if anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it. We went for a drive in his EG which has a b20 w/a b16 tranny. So when he got on the highway he hit it and the car vibrated a lil. He said that it was because his car had an ITR flywheel and the vibrating was normal :thinking: . Is this true? Or is this car destined for failure! Plz any help would be good cuz i dont wanna get something that is only going to bring me problems. Thanx guyz!

Vibrating is never normal.

But follow you instinct! If you get a bad vibe then don't do it.

RBS
10-21-2008, 04:43 PM
could be that the wheels or rotors are unblanaced. vibration could be alot of things

SiRed94
10-21-2008, 05:33 PM
If the flywheels is warped to the point that it is causing vibrations in the car upon accelaration, the main bearings would be gone in probably less than 100 miles. I highly doubt that is the issue, however the fact that he would make up some bogus shit like that makes one question his integrity. Dude sounds like a shyster mother fucker. Have someone who knows cars, mainly hondas, check it out with you.

Tracy
10-21-2008, 05:41 PM
I'm pretty sure that is not "normal" as he put it. Vibration cold be a million things. I would just take it to a shop and have them give it a once over if you are worried about it just to be safe.

jdmda9
10-21-2008, 10:47 PM
Thanx ppl. Yea all of ur ideas made sense to me and I agree. I guess im going to have to take someone who knows about EG's with me once I setup the deal. That's only because the only thing that im a genius at are DA's but thanx for the help!

Romeo
10-22-2008, 12:19 PM
if it happened when he hit it, then it just might be the flywheel. if you have it resurfaced, which means you'd have to drop the trans and all, it might fix that.

LIKEG6
10-22-2008, 02:02 PM
Usually a lightweight flywheel will vibrate some a low rpms

But yea it could be tons of things some common ones would be cv axles, motor mounts