PDA

View Full Version : Chase credit card

yogi08
10-21-2008, 12:17 AM
Ive had this card for awhile now, and after i thought i paid it off... i got a bill today saying i owed 386. I looked at the interest rate, and they have my shit at 28.4!!! That is REDICULOUS. So ive realized, it is impossible to get these people off my ass... after alot of reading and realizing, theyre trying to charge me $386 for the few days it took my check to get to them to cancel all of my account (paid it off). I basicly told that fella over the phone I dont understand how he can sleep at night, and feed his family and support his family knowing hes being paid from a company who is ripping off the american public. Dont know if theres any drug dealers on this site, but I bust my ass at work for my money... it sucks very bad to have them take this much from me AGAIN. Any help is great, im all out of ideas (on top of it being late).

osnap
10-21-2008, 02:09 AM
So you signed up for a credit card, without looking into the interest rate? ...and you blame THEM? Not their fault you're a sucker. Read the fine print next time.

junior_tm
10-21-2008, 02:15 AM
call them and try to work somthing out they should see that your check cleared couple days after they charge you that is all on the talk man

gud luk wit it

The Ninja
10-21-2008, 06:21 AM
So you signed up for a credit card, without looking into the interest rate? ...and you blame THEM? Not their fault you're a sucker. Read the fine print next time.

Not likely, they probably started him out around 16%, and have a clause in the TOS that allows them to adjust the interest rate at will without notification. Most credit card companies do, even if they -say- they won't adjust it, they -can- if they want to.

redrumracer
10-21-2008, 07:11 AM
also if you ever defaulted on it a lot of times they will raise the rate, i read an article a couple of months ago on some web page talking about how CC companys will actually hold a check for a couple days past teh due date to add on extra fees and raise rates. shady, but thats how it is done.

and on the second part, they leave there conscience at the door, they are there to do one thing and one thing only, make money.

Sammich
10-21-2008, 07:50 AM
CC companies are asses man..get use to it

b@d @pple
10-21-2008, 07:54 AM
im confused as to how you have a balance when you paid it off..you only pay interest on a balance..if you paid it off you have no balance therfore no interest..and that is a defualt rate..you get that rate when you miss your due date..even if its a day..

The Ninja
10-21-2008, 07:54 AM
CC companies are asses man..get use to it

ALL companies are asses. They are here to do one thing, make money. Period. Our economy is a monetary based economy.

b@d @pple
10-21-2008, 07:57 AM
if you guys dont have the common sense on how a credit card works maybe you shouldnt use them..you signed an agreement that your default apr would shoot through the roof. i have achase card with a very large limit,and 0 percent apr for 15 months,assuming i pay on time every month..if i miss one due date it goes up to 28 percent..if i pay my bill on time every month and my 15 months is up it goes to 6.99 apr..so im sorry to say but you fucked yourself on that one

b@d @pple
10-21-2008, 07:58 AM
if i was lending someone money with no collateral i would want a large return back as well ..its common sense

Sammich
10-21-2008, 08:02 AM
if you guys dont have the common sense on how a credit card works maybe you shouldnt use them..you signed an agreement that your default apr would shoot through the roof. i have achase card with a very large limit,and 0 percent apr for 15 months,assuming i pay on time every month..if i miss one due date it goes up to 28 percent..if i pay my bill on time every month and my 15 months is up it goes to 6.99 apr..so im sorry to say but you fucked yourself on that one

THE OP SAYS THAT HE SENT A CHECK...THE CC SAYS THEY GOT IT LATE..OR SOMEHOW THE CHECK ARRIVED LATE AND THEY TACKED ON EXTRA CHARGES...SO THEY FUKED HIM...CC COMPANIES ARE ASSES..PERIOD. I RECALL SUPPOSEDLY PAYING OFF MY CREDIT CARD, LOOK ON THE INTERNET AT MY BALANCE, PAID OFF THE EXACT BALANCE THAT WAS POSTED AND I CALL THEM TELLING THEM I WOULD LIKE TO CANCEL THE CC..THEY SAID I HAVE STILL HAVE A BALANCE...EVEN AFTER I PAID WHAT WAS POSTED..U TELL ME WHAT COMMON SENSE HAS TO DO W/ THAT?

b@d @pple
10-21-2008, 08:06 AM
edited..im not gonna debate this ..i misread the first post and didnt get all the info..

AirMax95
10-21-2008, 08:17 AM
I have a Chase card. That 28% is the default rate. Check your past statements to see if your interest rate changed before you sent the last check. Do you know what your original APR was? If that payment lapsed with that default rate they got you. They process that day.....no exceptions. Do you have annual fees?

Check your past paper statements ASAP.

b@d @pple
10-21-2008, 08:18 AM
all im saying is that the only way to a have 3xx balance in interest alone means your previuos balnace you paid off was like 15k or more

Sammich
10-21-2008, 08:32 AM
so why do u have a balance, when u pay the balance that is shown on the statement in full?

b@d @pple
10-21-2008, 09:05 AM
thats what im saying ..if he had 15k dollar balnce and the cc company didnt get it in time,they will chearge you that interest..the only reason im saying 15k is because you would have a huge balance like that to have that much interest..

Sammich
10-21-2008, 09:08 AM
thats what im saying ..if he had 15k dollar balnce and the cc company didnt get it in time,they will chearge you that interest..the only reason im saying 15k is because you would have a huge balance like that to have that much interest..

I PERSONALLY WAS OVER MY LIMIT, I PAID MY BALANCE, WITH A CC BEFORE THE DATE IT WAS DUE, BUT I STILL HAD A BALANCE..

b@d @pple
10-21-2008, 09:13 AM
then obviously there is something wrong with that..unless your balance was over limit fees

Sammich
10-21-2008, 09:31 AM
I MADE TWO DIFFERENT PAYMENTS..I MADE ONE TO BRING IT UNDER THE LIMIT...WAITED TIL THE PAYMENT WAS MADE, AND SHOWED UP...WAITED A FEW MORE DAYS THEN PAID THE REMAINDER...FUKERS STILL GOT ME, FOR LIKE $100+ I BELIEVE

Blitanicle99
10-21-2008, 10:02 AM
I actually have a sick interest rate from them and like Chase alot?

flak_monkey
10-21-2008, 02:35 PM
CC companies are asses man..get use to itYou just saying that becuase... well, you know. :goodjob:

flak_monkey
10-21-2008, 02:37 PM
I don't send them checks for this exact reason. I pay them through the online bill pay on my bank account.