PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood KVT-911 DVD Player Problem.

mmmmpsi
10-20-2008, 10:34 PM
Anyone have experience with this model or other Kenwood in-dash DVD players?? I just got one off Ebay and the dude told me it was working fine but I get everything hooked up and it plays CD's but the damn screen doesn't open.. All I get is a series of beeps when I press the open button??

Any ideas?? Apparently the parking brake needs to be on but in actuality the signal cable just needs to be 0V or grounded.. Anyone verify this cause this is exactly what it sounds like the problem is.

Thanks.

Troublemaker
10-21-2008, 12:29 AM
Just run the parking brake wire to the ground that should be fine. That's how I have mine. Works like a charm.

b@d @pple
10-21-2008, 07:42 AM
the parking brake wire has nothing at all to do with the screen not opening..you bought a broke piece of shit off the internet..thats what you get

mmmmpsi
10-21-2008, 08:00 AM
the parking brake wire has nothing at all to do with the screen not opening..you bought a broke piece of shit off the internet..thats what you get

Wow that was constructive..

In the manual itself it says that the parking brake needs to be hooked up before the screen will open..

The point is that I've bought stuff off Ebay for over 10 years and this is the first item that I've ever had problems with so how about this.. go fuck yourself if you're not going to give something helpful to add.

b@d @pple
10-21-2008, 08:02 AM
i have never in my career seen a kenwood that neede the parking brake wire to be hooked up for the screen to physically open..the brake wire needs to be hooked up in order for you watch a movie..

mmmmpsi
10-21-2008, 08:09 AM
i have never in my career seen a kenwood that neede the parking brake wire to be hooked up for the screen to physically open..the brake wire needs to be hooked up in order for you watch a movie..

I'm not an expert because my career is not car stereo.. But I can read and this is from the manual.. Maybe it's just BS I don't know but it's what I'm reading..

• The monitor cannot be opened unless the
parking brake is set.
• The position to which the monitor slides when
the power is turned on can be set. (Refer to the
screen control screen( Page 9).)

b@d @pple
10-21-2008, 08:12 AM
ok then just ground the parking brake wire..if this fixes it then i just learned something

Xrated O.G.
10-21-2008, 08:30 AM
ok then just ground the parking brake wire..if this fixes it then i just learned something

Did you just imply that you could have actually learned something.... :boobies: :taun: :goodjob:

mmmmpsi
10-21-2008, 08:39 AM

Question, if I spliced into the ground for the power going into the head unit should that work??

ground is ground right??

I do appreciate your help, thank you.

b@d @pple
10-21-2008, 09:04 AM
yes pat i did..and yes ground is a ground

B18c1Turboed
10-21-2008, 11:00 AM
hmmmmm... The parking brake dont need to be connected.. I have the same Tv in my truck and car, and none of them are grounded.

Also that TV is broke, the screen should come out when you add power to it.

b@d @pple
10-21-2008, 11:02 AM
thanks danny boy

mmmmpsi
10-23-2008, 10:33 AM
So found out it was actually a ribbon cable that had come loose in what I would think was shipping.. Took it apart, hooked up the ribbon cable for the monitor and works great!!