PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1997 Nissan Maxima, very heavily modified

Evolution Autodesign
09-06-2005, 04:01 PM
Well, it's finally time to sell my 1997 Maxima GXE. Here are the basics, it is an automatic, and at the moment has 106,400 miles on it. I am the first and only owner of the car, it has been meticulously maintained during this time.

Now to the fun stuff, it is very heavily modded and most of the stuff is custom. There's over $30K in parts and fabrication involved in this car. Most of the mods have 10K or less, some under 5K, and some under 1K mi. The car has essentially spent the last 2 years being worked on, so it hasn't driven much. Most of the miles were put on from '97-02.

It is not currently a daily driver, but it is perfectly able to be driven every day. I drove it around 3 times a week until a few weeks ago when I decided to sell it, it's garaged right now.

On to the modifications list, it's really long, so please bear with me.

Engine
- Motor from '98 Maxima, has 80K on it. It was replaced 3 months ago
because I burned up the rings in my original motor (original motor is included
in case you want to build it for more boost.
- Custom Turbo Kit
-Garrett T3/T04S 70 trim turbo, .82 A/R
-Spearco Intercooler
-Custom turbo and intercooler piping by Batlground Engineering (2.5"
downpipe)
-Manual boost controller, set at 9 psi right now.
-ATP stainless steel turbo heat shield
-Tial 38mm wastegate
-Greddy Type S BOV (custom painted)
-Golden Eagle vacuum distribution block
-Earl's and Aeroquip SS oil feed and return lines
-NX single fogger nitrous kit (w/ NOS solenoids) never used extra jets
included
- NX N-Tercooler spray kit never used
- NOS purge kit
- SARD FPR
- Deatschworks 660cc fuel injectors
- Custom 3" mandrel bent exhaust. Made from 3" mandrel sections welded together, 18" resonator, straight through muffler.
- 3" test pipe
- Place Racing urethane motor mounts
- Hayden tranny cooler
- Billet aluminum radiator overflow tank
- Billet aluminum oil catch can (uninstalled)
- Greddy e-manage w/ injector harness and uninstalled ignition harness.
- Pivot "baby" turbo timer

All the engine work was done in phases from Jan. 2004-Jan. 2005 so most of it has 5K or less.

Transmission
-Stock auto tranny, good condition, fluid regularly changed.
-Mobiltek VB mod.
-Prototype LSD by Vitek Engineering. This is the first one they ever built for the Maxima. Same thing Stillen now carries.

Suspension/Wheels
19x9" Rays G-Games 2 piece wheels-gunmetal +30 offset
BFG KDW Tires 255/35/ZR19 - less than 200 miles on wheel/tire combo
Ground Control Coilover Springs
KYB AGX Struts/Shocks (8 way adjustable)
Addco Rear Sway Bar
Courtesy Nissan polished FSTB

Brakes
-300ZX TT front calipers
-13" Cobra rotors, drilled and slotted
-Cobra conversion brackets and rings - 1K on this setup-Brembo drilled rear rotors
-Axxis Ultimate brake pads
-Goodridge SS brake lines

Exterior
- Custom metallic blue paint: metallic blue base with candy blue and silver pearl sprayed on top. Painted in June 2004 (always garage kept)
- Full Sarona Designs Body Kit: front bumper, sideskirts, rear bumper (one of
the first kits they ever made.
- Sarona Designs Grill
- Audi TT fuel door, custom molded. The entire quarter panel was cut out and rebuilt to accomodate the door and maintain the body line. Fuel door operates off factory release.
- Shaved side moldings, shaved trunk keyhole, shaved antennae. All holes welded shut, no fiberglass.
- Custom painted Fiber Images Carbon fiber hood. Evolution Autodesign logo is reversed in the painted sections, but any body shop can paint over this.
- Standard clear bumper lights
- Red/clear tails. Driver's side on is slightly cracked.

Interior
- Corbeau A4 seats with custom brackets: reclinable.
- Door panels from '96 SE w/ leather.
- Seats/headliner rewrapped in silver/black 2 tone vinyl. All professionally wrapped and stitched. Done in June 2004
- 4 gauge A pillar pod, custom molded (2 gauge pods were molded together). Autometer Ultralite EGT, boost, fuel pressure, voltage gauges installed.
- A pillars, C pillars, kick panels, and plastic pieces underneath steering wheel all color matched to exterior.
-MOMO Silver Jet steering wheel w/ hub Installed July 2004
-Levoc shift knob/e-brake handle (both carbon fiber and polished)
-ELSA 7.2" motorized LCD monitor
-ELSA CD/DVD/VCD player w/ Dolby 5.1 surround processor.
-Custom black chrome dash kit, w/ center channel speaker grill and turbo timer installed in place of clock.
-Custom black chrome door sills, door inserts, gauge bezel.
-Evolution Autodesign Euro style diamond plated floor mats
-Billet aluminum capacitor mount (holds 3 Fosgate caps).
-Push button ignition mounted underneath steering wheel (a necessity w/ the 660cc injectors)

Electrical
- Brand new OEM Nissan alternator (purchased from Peachtree Nissan). Brand New
- Optima Red Top battery mounted in the trunk.

That's all the mods I think. I probably left out a ton of the little stuff, but this is all the stuff that matters.

And here is the huge bunch of parts that will come with the car that I've amassed over the years.
-Original motor, bad rings. 104K, I was going to rebuild this for more boost.
-Spare auto tranny, not in great shape, was going to send to Level 10.
-Stock Y-Pipe
-Stock Cat
-Stock front seats
-2 stock Intake Manifolds
-Redlinemax Skyline Rear Bumper (fiberglass) This is brand new, got it and decided I didn't want to install it.

If the buyer doesn't want any of this, I'll just throw it out. I just figured I'd include it if the buyer needed them for any projects.

All of the work on the car was performed either by myself or by very good shops. Most of the engine work was done by Batlground, interior was done by Rene's Upholstery, paintwork all done by OK Autobody. Nothing on the car is hacked together, this is not an APC special.

And to make everything clear, here are the issues with the car. All minor, but it's good to let the buyer know everything. There are 2 CEL's right now. One for the MAP/Baro sensor, it's because the car is boosted. And the other is for the EVAP system. Both codes come and go, and we can't figure out what is wrong with the system.

Cosmetically, the car is almost perfect. There are a few small rock chips in the front bumper. The front bumper has 2 cracks on the underside due to the car being so low. The rear bumper has a crack on the underside also due to a 2x4 in the highway. None of this is noticable unless you get under the car. The hood has 2 chips on the sides by the hinges due to a gust of wind flipping it up at a car show. The roof has 2 small dents (look like hail) from the hood prop flying up there when the hood was flipped up. It seems like a long list, but this is all very minor stuff and I just want to ensure the car is accurately described.

Paint is perfect as it is only 1 year old and the car has always been garage kept. Interior is nearly perfect as the seats and steering wheel are 11 months old. Some small scuffs on the kick panels. No tears in the seats, no stains. This is a show car, so it is well maintained.

Car drives very well. Starts up easily even w/ the big injectors. Just have to let it warm up for a minute to get out of cold start mode and let the emanage take over. Idles perfectly, car shakes a little from the PR urethane mounts. At part throttle, the car drives and behaves like stock, although it is loud. But floor it, and it's a whole different beast. The car dyno'd recently at 301whp and 314 lb/ft tq at 9psi. Tuned by Dan at BG, A/F is very clean, and the tune is very safe.

Sorry for the really long post, just had a bunch of stuff to list and I wanted to be thorough. Please email me at [email protected] with any questions.

Asking price is $14,000 for everything, price is negotiable. May be interested in trades + cash, but the trade has to be a nice stock or nearly stock car that I could sell rather quickly, I'm selling that car mostly because I'm getting out of the scene.

Finally, here are a couple of the pictures. As for the graphics, I put them on a few months ago for show season, but I can remove them before sale. My shop is in Doraville, so I can bring the car to work with me anytime for people who want to see it. Thanks again.

http://i23.ebayimg.com/03/i/06/66/79/ef_12.JPG

http://i17.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/5f/7a/30_12.JPG

http://i17.ebayimg.com/02/i/06/5f/7a/45_12.JPG

http://www.evolution-autodesign.com/maxima/Maxima%20FS%20Pics/Engine%20Pic%201.jpg.JPG

http://www.evolution-autodesign.com/maxima/Maxima%20FS%20Pics/Trunk%20Inside%20Pic.jpg.JPG

http://www.evolution-autodesign.com/maxima/Maxima%20FS%20Pics/TT%20Fuel%20Door.jpg.JPG

http://www.evolution-autodesign.com/maxima/Maxima%20FS%20Pics/Driver's%20Side%20Interior.jpg.JPG

http://www.evolution-autodesign.com/maxima/Maxima%20FS%20Pics/Front%20Seats.jpg.JPG

http://www.evolution-autodesign.com/maxima/Maxima%20FS%20Pics/4%20gauge%20pod.jpg.JPG

http://www.evolution-autodesign.com/maxima/Maxima%20FS%20Pics/Capacitor%20Mount.jpg.JPG

http://www.evolution-autodesign.com/maxima/Maxima%20FS%20Pics/Rear%20Seats.jpg.JPG

http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/06/65/02/04_12.JPG

http://i8.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/65/ca/c2_12.JPG

http://i23.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/66/7a/19_12.JPG

DrivenMind
09-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Jezzus... I think I raced you at commerce at the 04 Tunerfest shootout (pic below) in my pretty much stock 97 SE 5 speed (pic below), and it was fast then.

If I remember correctly it was so fast that you had to continuously let out of the throttle to keep from being kicked off the track because you didn't have a helmet or cage.

awesome car, and I'd say worth EVERY PENNY of the asking price.

Evolution Autodesign
09-06-2005, 04:34 PM
Oh hey, I remember you. I remember thinking your car was pretty fast especially since you mentioned it was all stock.

Yeah, that day we were letting off at the end of the 1/4 because we didn't have a helmet which was needed to run 13's. I later found out that one of my injectors was leaking and that was why my car was bogging off the line and not building boost until past the 60'. I think you actually pulled on me until the 1/8.

I wish I could have run the car now with the boost turned up and bigger injectors. I think it would be close to 12's. But another reason I'm selling the car is I have absolutely no time to do anything anymore, and I hate seeing it sit around.

Jezzus... I think I raced you at commerce at the 04 Tunerfest shootout (pic below) in my pretty much stock 97 SE 5 speed (pic below), and it was fast then.

If I remember correctly it was so fast that you had to continuously let out of the throttle to keep from being kicked off the track because you didn't have a helmet or cage.

awesome car, and I'd say worth EVERY PENNY of the asking price.

DrivenMind
09-06-2005, 06:13 PM
Oh hey, I remember you. I remember thinking your car was pretty fast especially since you mentioned it was all stock.

Yeah, that day we were letting off at the end of the 1/4 because we didn't have a helmet which was needed to run 13's. I later found out that one of my injectors was leaking and that was why my car was bogging off the line and not building boost until past the 60'. I think you actually pulled on me until the 1/8.

I wish I could have run the car now with the boost turned up and bigger injectors. I think it would be close to 12's. But another reason I'm selling the car is I have absolutely no time to do anything anymore, and I hate seeing it sit around.

Ya I have video from inside my car of me racing you. I'd get you out of the hole pretty good (probably helped that I had a 5 speed), but you'd fly by and about 1/2 the way down the track and hit the brakes near the finish. My car wasn't completely stock, but had only basic bolt ons; c.a.i, y-pipe, and exhaust. The heat was so bad that day my best time was a 14.9, while most people run 14.5-14.7 with that set up.

NzProjeKt
09-06-2005, 06:51 PM
DOPE ASS RIDE.. GOOD LUCK !!

A1EX
09-06-2005, 06:54 PM
nice cars

Evolution Autodesign
09-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Forgot to mention, car still has fully functional AC system and power steering. Some people emailed me asking about that. I tried not to lose any creature comforts.

Only thing the car does not have anymore is cruise control. That is because of the MOMO steering wheel.

Evolution Autodesign
09-13-2005, 09:48 PM
Still for sale, a lot of interest, but no one with the cash.

We'll be putting it on the dyno again soon, shooting for 350whp at 10spi.

I know someone wants a 350whp grocery getter :)

LeX
09-14-2005, 10:15 AM
very nice car , good luck with the sale

Black Mamba
09-14-2005, 03:21 PM
wow. nicest maxima ive ever seen. very clean. good luckwith ur sale.

Incomplete057
09-14-2005, 04:35 PM
everything is bad as hell........wished it was a 5spd

LeX
09-14-2005, 08:40 PM
you can do a swap for $1500 or so if you do it yourself, maybe less if you get lucky

Lower4
09-14-2005, 09:32 PM
Good god it's nice. Good luck selling, bumpity.

Evolution Autodesign
09-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Bump again. I may be running the car next weekend at Reynolds, if I can get it retuned in time. Aiming for low 13's or high 12's if I can get the traction on the 19"s.

And I am now willing to consider a trade plus cash, or something along those lines. I realize that this is a very hard car to sell to anyone not an enthusiast, so I am willing to consider a trade for something easier to sell. But the car has to be nice as I would likely drive it for a little while before selling it. Thanks for looking.

BigTs13
10-01-2005, 12:09 AM
awesome maxima...one of the best ive seen out there...this coming from a nissan owner...

TranceDJ06
10-01-2005, 12:40 AM
:goodjob: Awesome, Love the ride..It'll sell Fast! ..If the right person comes along and likes every single thing you did. :cool:
Bump.

MrEG62U
10-01-2005, 04:26 PM
that shits clean as fuck

Evolution Autodesign
12-01-2005, 08:32 AM
Bump again, I just dropped the price. Thought it was sold, but the deal fell through.

moo?
12-08-2005, 02:25 AM
why did you do all of this to an automatic?
with all this power, how is the tranny not stripped and slipping gears?

If it was a 5spd, It would be sold by now.
Nice max, it would be the baddest ass max ive ever seen ONLY if you took all the graphics off and let it be one solid color, and did a 5spd conversion.

Evolution Autodesign
12-08-2005, 08:19 AM
I never liked the Maxima 5 spd., so I never went through the trouble of converting it. I've driven plenty of 5 spd. Maximas and didn't like the way they shifted. Plus, I used to drive the car everyday in traffic and so I just kept the auto. You'd be surprised at how well it's holding up, it is not slipping, and nothing is wrong with the auto. I couldn't justify ripping out a perfectly working auto that I couldn't sell to replace it w/ a manual that I didn't necessarily like. Had the auto blown up, I would have swapped it, but it never did.

And the graphics are there because that's what I do with my business and it's good advertising. Put them on for HIN this past May, and it's a little extreme, but I did win the graphics trophy there. If the buyer wants the graphics removed, I will do so immediately. But it's kind of a tossup right now since a lot of people interested like the graphics. I'd prefer not to remove something that took a lot of time to install if a buyer prefers them on the car.

why did you do all of this to an automatic?
with all this power, how is the tranny not stripped and slipping gears?

If it was a 5spd, It would be sold by now.
Nice max, it would be the baddest ass max ive ever seen ONLY if you took all the graphics off and let it be one solid color, and did a 5spd conversion.

quazar
12-08-2005, 08:26 AM
bump for a good guy and a great person to deal business with.

moo?
12-08-2005, 10:47 AM
Cool response, bump for nice guy. and a sweet ride.

The Green Monster
12-08-2005, 11:10 AM
i think i just nutted on myself...i've seen a lot of dope maximas...but yours is by far the best maxima i've ever seen...classy done...performance...wow...sick ass car...bump for this

Nitro
12-08-2005, 11:19 AM
:rant: damn Jeff i can't believe you're selling it? bump 4 a cool sponsor & tight whip............. :D

Evolution Autodesign
12-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Bump for the holidays.

sixfifty
12-22-2005, 05:09 PM
dammit you don't need a bump so heres a reference. great car with lots of time and effort spent.

Halfwit
12-22-2005, 05:26 PM
best "car for sale" thread ever

Camrazy2102
12-22-2005, 08:47 PM
bump....sweet ride and fast good luck with the sale.

fastasscrx
12-22-2005, 09:22 PM
free bump for you!

SixSquared
12-22-2005, 10:12 PM
bump for making me believe in the modding capability of a maxima. I was skeptical when I opened this, thinkin I was gonna see rice, but this thing is NICE. Gorgeous motor bay. Clean enough to eat off of.

UpSideDownDesi
12-22-2005, 10:53 PM
want trade + cash with bone stock 95 Maxima SE, 150k auto....pearl white paint (dingless and in eye poping condition) and all black leather interior (also clean as hell)....fully loaded with all the options like cell phone link. All the services have been done recently..plugs, belts, rotors, pads, fluids flused and more, good tires.

Evolution Autodesign
12-30-2005, 09:32 AM
Email me, [email protected] I may be interested. Sorry it took me so long to reply, I was in Belize from 12/23-12/28 and had no internet.

want trade + cash with bone stock 95 Maxima SE, 150k auto....pearl white paint (dingless and in eye poping condition) and all black leather interior (also clean as hell)....fully loaded with all the options like cell phone link. All the services have been done recently..plugs, belts, rotors, pads, fluids flused and more, good tires.

Evolution Autodesign
12-30-2005, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

And I've just dropped the price to $16K, wife is really pressuring me to get it sold.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a really modified turbo Integra, hers is for sale.

Evolution Autodesign
01-06-2006, 09:08 AM
Some updates, graphics will be coming off over the weekend and new pictures will be taken.

Also, since I have received this request several times. I will gladly give test rides to people seriously interested. Test drives I just couldn't do without some sort of security deposit only because of the nature of the car. I hope you understand, the car definitely isn't your average family sedan.

And the red X's will be fixed shortly, we're temporarily having issues with our website host.

Tank
01-06-2006, 09:34 AM
http://www.forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=575734#post575734 :look:

latoilette
01-07-2006, 11:10 PM
hey, you wanna trade for a big white van?

YoshiFD3S
01-08-2006, 02:08 AM
FUCK that's alot of gauges.

Auto too..

Baddass turbo-setup though. Very clean engine bay.

Good luck on the sale.

Evolution Autodesign
01-10-2006, 04:32 PM
Nice car, but I'm really not looking for another modified car. Good luck with your sale though.

http://www.forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=575734#post575734 :look:

Evolution Autodesign
01-10-2006, 04:33 PM
Thanks but no, I'm really just looking for a regular car I can drive around for a little while that I can then trade in on what I really want.

hey, you wanna trade for a big white van?

Evolution Autodesign
01-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Eh, it's not really that many. Just like to keep track of what is going on with the engine. :)

FUCK that's alot of gauges.

Auto too..

Baddass turbo-setup though. Very clean engine bay.

Good luck on the sale.

xtreme_s1099
01-10-2006, 10:50 PM
I got a s10 xtreme i wil ltrade for the car, Also a 85 monte carlo that needs a few things to get it into great shape.

Evolution Autodesign
01-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Lowered price to $15,000. I'm getting offers for close to that from out of state, but I'd prefer to not deal with shipping a car cross country and would like to sell locally if possible.

And Upsidedowndesi, thanks for the invite to the meet, I was planning on going, but some family stuff came up last night.

Evolution Autodesign
01-21-2006, 11:06 PM
Bump.

UpSideDownDesi
01-24-2006, 01:35 AM
Email me, [email protected] I may be interested. Sorry it took me so long to reply, I was in Belize from 12/23-12/28 and had no internet.
Emailed and your welcome about the invite. Thougth u could bring the car out...i could take a look at it and other people too.....nvr know might just find a buyer at the meet.

Evolution Autodesign
02-27-2006, 06:18 PM
Bump, just updated some pictures and the price. Graphics have been removed.

Just picked up a new black on black Lexus IS350 and this car really, really has to go. The Integra has already been sold, so it's just this one now.

Tracy
02-27-2006, 06:21 PM
bump for a great seller!