PDA

View Full Version : Is Palin really the idiot or is it..?

tony
10-20-2008, 08:35 AM
McCain, after reading a story about her I really think Palin is not enjoying the position she's in and she realizes that she is being used by the McCain campaign. I don't think she even believes in what she is saying and doesn't care to attack Obama, but the campaign has given her that role so she has to run with it. Thoughts?

blacknightteg
10-20-2008, 08:37 AM
wouldnt surprise me, im sure she is actually a really good person as far as politics go but somethin with that campaign has made her look like a moran.

AirMax95
10-20-2008, 09:36 AM
McCain, after reading a story about her I really think Palin is not enjoying the position she's in and she realizes that she is being used by the McCain campaign. I don't think she even believes in what she is saying and doesn't care to attack Obama, but the campaign has given her that role so she has to run with it. Thoughts?

I agree 100%. Since day 1 she has had the hand up her ass playing puppet for the McCain camp. She honestly has had more press time spewing Obama attacks, than economic policy and things that matter. I said it when they picked her! Its not because she is qualified at all.

4dmin
10-20-2008, 09:53 AM
honestly i don't think either of them know whats going on - i believe the campaign is probably dictating most of whats going on... palin is no more then a puppet and looking at mccains reactions to his supporters outburst and his lack of enthusiasm makes me think he is ready for this to be over.

its pretty unfortunate but politicians are only tools for the cabinet that feeds them.

AlanŽ
10-20-2008, 10:02 AM
honestly i don't think either of them know whats going on - i believe the campaign is probably dictating most of whats going on... palin is no more then a puppet and looking at mccains reactions to his supporters outburst and his lack of enthusiasm makes me think he is ready for this to be over.

its pretty unfortunate but politicians are only tools for the cabinet that feeds them.
This is basically truth. My old man was telling me that the handlers were really getting in the way of him doing his job and keeping her on a very strict leash.

tony
10-20-2008, 10:04 AM
I say let her take over, at this point it really wouldn't hurt anything. Let her run the campaign that she did to become governor of Alaska.

alpine_aw11
10-20-2008, 10:33 AM
Palin is an idiot, seeing as she's basically incompetent when it comes to actually discussing the issues. The whole McCain campaign is incompetent. This is a sad time to be a republican, that's for sure. She's being used because her status appeals to many republican voters, and if she spreads fear tactics it will work with the ignorant masses of republicans. Just like Obama's campaign has appealed to the ignorant masses of democrats. That's what politics is all about, saying what potential voters want to hear whether you believe in it or not. That's why I'm still saying Ron Paul ftmfw.

rrutter81
10-20-2008, 11:14 AM
I think if they let Palin be Palin she would be alright. We all know she had a quick brain drain on how to act/what to/not to do during interviews. When she came out, out came a politically correct non-answering VP.

Anyway its not down to democrats vs republicans. More like Commie hippies vs Americans. Rather have mcSame than someone who wants to change us to Venezuela.

my thoughts.

blurred visions
10-20-2008, 05:40 PM
I think if they let Palin be Palin she would be alright. We all know she had a quick brain drain on how to act/what to/not to do during interviews. When she came out, out came a politically correct non-answering VP.

Anyway its not down to democrats vs republicans. More like Commie hippies vs Americans. Rather have mcSame than someone who wants to change us to Venezuela.

my thoughts.

^^^Fox News watcher.

AlanŽ
10-20-2008, 05:46 PM
^^^Fox News watcher.
LOL ok and my Dad worked for her so what would you call me? Seriously your opinion is worth about as much air.

blurred visions
10-20-2008, 05:53 PM
LOL ok and my Dad worked for her so what would you call me? Seriously your opinion is worth about as much air.

Then why are you asking it?

PawnShopCEO
10-20-2008, 05:57 PM
you guys cant see the forest for the trees.. you are talking about puppets???? how about the YOUTUBE videos when Obama's prompter malfunctioned.. WAAAA WAAA WAAITT

blurred visions
10-20-2008, 06:16 PM
you guys cant see the forest for the trees.. you are talking about puppets???? how about the YOUTUBE videos when Obama's prompter malfunctioned.. WAAAA WAAA WAAITT

Obama use to freely speak, but Obama, as well as McCain and Palin, read from a script in this final stretch in an attempt to avoid any mishaps or fumbling of words.

But lets not talk about Obama messing up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c

rrutter81
10-20-2008, 06:27 PM
^^^Fox News watcher.

radio :)

i dont watch tv

PawnShopCEO
10-20-2008, 08:54 PM
both of them are scripted is my point. Because Palin isnt a polished speaker means nothing as far as her leadership abilities

1439/2000
10-20-2008, 09:14 PM
wouldnt surprise me, im sure she is actually a really good person as far as politics go but somethin with that campaign has made her look like a moran.

Wouldn't want her to look like a moran. -1

blaknoize
10-20-2008, 09:26 PM

airs worth quite a bit...

SPOOLIN
10-21-2008, 08:14 AM
oh yeah? Bottle it up and sell it and see how far you get.

blaknoize
10-21-2008, 11:00 AM
oh yeah? Bottle it up and sell it and see how far you get.

U can bottle it up as compressed air. But thats not what I meant. Air is priceless, without it u obviously kno u or I wouldnt be here, so again, its worth quite a bit.

flak_monkey
10-22-2008, 05:46 PM

My cabinet has Lucky Charms in it.

Tracy
10-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Anyone who is expecting to read off a teleprompter, would be surprised when it turned off while you were reading it. Not sure how it reflects on anyone's character or skills.

Palin as caught going off on how she wouldn't have done the robocalls if it were p to here. When I saw that, I knew she wasn't all in.

http://vodpod.com/watch/1101168-palin-if-i-had-my-way-we-would-stop-the-robocalls

Tracy
10-22-2008, 05:54 PM
uh oh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U87uw9GoyPg&feature=related

wow http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzTuWgFbJ2E&feature=related

PawnShopCEO
10-22-2008, 07:07 PM
I wouldnt consider that near as bad as buddying up with an admitted terrorist or saying you will sit down with foreign enemies and talk things out

SpecV_Scott
10-23-2008, 12:02 AM
I think that in 5-10 years, when she has a little more experience under her belt, she would definitely be a formidable candidate for the Republican party. Especially if Obama wins this election, and royally screws things up. She'd be able to play the "I told you so" card.

SpecV_Scott
10-23-2008, 12:02 AM
I wouldnt consider that near as bad as buddying up with an admitted terrorist or saying you will sit down with foreign enemies and talk things out

Yeah, diplomacy is really dumb. :thinking:

AlanŽ
10-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Yeah, diplomacy is really dumb. :thinking:
Cause thats really what he said :rolleyes:

ash7
10-23-2008, 12:15 AM

i think this may be the most unbiased post i've ever seen you write. :goodjob:

I believe you're slightly correct - the McCain campaign is keeping her on a very short leash. I do disagree with you in respect to your mention of her believing what she is saying... i would think she wants to say more against Obama, but McCain is on his "trying to run an honorable campaign" streak (which, i don't think he's doing a very good job of, btw), so she cannot come out too strongly.

A good glance of the real Sarah Palin can be taken from her acceptance speech at her convention. There, she came out very strongly against Obama's campaign - but has since toned it down a couple notches.

John McCain is attempting to regain control of his campaign, Sarah Palin has almost become the face of the McCain campaign and he wants folks to remember that they're voting for HIM, and not her. That's why she's been saying less controversial things as of late, in my opinion.

reps for Tony
^never thought i'd write that lol

-jonathan

SpecV_Scott
10-23-2008, 12:15 AM

How else should it be taken?

diˇploˇmaˇcy
1. the conduct by government officials of negotiations and other relations between nations.
2. the art or science of conducting such negotiations.
3. skill in managing negotiations, handling people, etc., so that there is little or no ill will; tact:

ash7
10-23-2008, 12:35 AM
From the Washington Times:

He was asked during a presidential debate in July if he would "be willing to meet separately, without precondition, during the first year of your administration, in Washington or anywhere else, with the leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba and North Korea in order to bridge the gap that divides our countries?" Mr. Obama replied, "I would," adding: "I think that it is a disgrace that we have not spoken to them."

...sounds like diplomacy to me...
-jonathan

http://www.washtimes.com/news/2008/may/31/editorial-obama-diplomacy/

PawnShopCEO
10-23-2008, 07:54 AM
ok... under your theories of diplomacys... I can bitch slap you time and time again.. then ask you immediately afterwards if you want to sit down and talk it out.. and you would sit down and talk it out

SpecV_Scott
10-23-2008, 04:09 PM
From the Washington Times:

He was asked during a presidential debate in July if he would "be willing to meet separately, without precondition, during the first year of your administration, in Washington or anywhere else, with the leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba and North Korea in order to bridge the gap that divides our countries?" Mr. Obama replied, "I would," adding: "I think that it is a disgrace that we have not spoken to them."

...sounds like diplomacy to me...
-jonathan

http://www.washtimes.com/news/2008/may/31/editorial-obama-diplomacy/

Are we in agreement then?

SpecV_Scott
10-23-2008, 04:12 PM
ok... under your theories of diplomacys... I can bitch slap you time and time again.. then ask you immediately afterwards if you want to sit down and talk it out.. and you would sit down and talk it out

If only it were so easy to generalize the world of international relations with simple terms like "bitch slap."

How has North Korea "bitch slapped" America? How has the current government of Iran "bitch slapped" America? I can't wait to hear this.

ash7
10-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Are we in agreement then?

haha! no

the question asked gives the DEFINITION of diplomacy in it.... to which obama readily agreed to do.

-jonathan

AlanŽ
10-23-2008, 07:14 PM
How else should it be taken?

diˇploˇmaˇcy
1. the conduct by government officials of negotiations and other relations between nations.
2. the art or science of conducting such negotiations.
3. skill in managing negotiations, handling people, etc., so that there is little or no ill will; tact:
Meeting with a radical leader like Ahmedinijad is a lot more complex than you or I could ever possibly imagine.

SpecV_Scott
10-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Especially since he isn't even the person who really pulls the strings in Iran.

tony
10-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Meeting with a radical leader like Ahmedinijad is a lot more complex than you or I could ever possibly imagine.

Got Damnit, for the last time will people realize Ahmedinijad is NOT the leader of Iran..

BTEC
10-23-2008, 10:09 PM
bitch slapping wouldbe the actual war. I think obama is talking about try to work things out to keep peace between everybody.

Again, ppl agree that the war has alot to do with why the econony has caused the word recession to arise yet still insist on voting for the war minded mccain. What sense does that make?

blackshine007
10-23-2008, 10:29 PM
LOL ok and my Dad worked for her so what would you call me?
A "Bush" lover :lmfao:

Vteckidd
10-23-2008, 10:36 PM
If only it were so easy to generalize the world of international relations with simple terms like "bitch slap."

How has North Korea "bitch slapped" America? How has the current government of Iran "bitch slapped" America? I can't wait to hear this.

North Korea has said they will build a nuke, and they wouldnt be afraid to use it

Iran has said they want to wipe israel off the face of the planet. They also supposet Hamas and Hezbollah IIRC. They also said they wanted a nuke to take out israel.

Should we go to war over it, no , not yet. But, you have to keep an open mind. These people arent RATIONAL, they arent like us. They plot, scheme, deceive only for their own good.

We must take a role of pre-emptive strikes before the situation gets out of control. If IRAN Boasts they have a nuke,im all for bombing the shit out of them to the stone age.

We cant simply sit down and talk to them. You cant legitimize a terrorist/dictator by treating them like a normal human being. They have their own agenda, and they arent willing to listen or reason.

You really think if Obama sat down with IRAN they would say "oh since you put it that way, no problem! " No, they would use the incident to proclaim they got the mighty USA to bow to them and use it as propaghanda to further their own cause.

This is why diplomacy will not work with them. you can do lower level stuff, peacekeepers, envoys, etc, but letting the head of our country sit down with them, is giving their radical views justification.

IMO

SpecV_Scott
10-24-2008, 08:26 AM
As much as I despise the regimes of both North Korea and Iran, the mindset of not considering them "normal human beings" is completely ridiculous. There are definitely things that both regimes do that are absolutely despicable, but the people pulling the strings are definitely calculating, somewhat rational people. They are very different from Americans, due to many factors, but they aren't subhuman.

The fact is, despite the rhetoric, none of these countries are planning to randomly nuke us, Israel, or even their neighbors. They are using their potential nuclear capabilities as bargaining chips, exactly how we use ours. Don't get me wrong, I highly support nuclear nonproliferation. I don't think either nation should be allowed to obtain nuclear weapons. But the mindset that there is no reason to even attempt diplomacy is completely absurd.

I realize, based on his statements, Ahmadinejad is either crazy or completely full of BS, but he does not have the final say in the realm of Iranian policy-making. I'm a huge supporter of Israel, and I agree that Iran's support of terrorist organizations in the region is deplorable, I just believe that you don't have to bomb someone every time you want them to behave.

tony
10-24-2008, 09:32 AM
I guess people forget that when this whole Al Qaida thing started Iran was a U.S ally in Afghanistan, now they're evil and supposedly want to kill us.

Vteckidd
10-24-2008, 11:10 AM
I guess people forget that when this whole Al Qaida thing started Iran was a U.S ally in Afghanistan, now they're evil and supposedly want to kill us.
well we didnt really trust them, we were bigger enemies of the Soviet Union.

IIRC We also supplied Saddam Weapons at one time

Things an leaders change

tony
10-24-2008, 12:13 PM
well we didnt really trust them, we were bigger enemies of the Soviet Union.

IIRC We also supplied Saddam Weapons at one time

Things an leaders change

I meant in 2003, not even 5 years ago

ash7
10-24-2008, 12:41 PM
I meant in 2003, not even 5 years ago

In 2003, Ahmadinejad wasn't in power in Iran...

His religion teaches about the coming of the "12th Imam" (christian equivalent of The Christ's return). According to the scriptures he believes in, this can only happen when all the the "infidels" (Jews, aka Israel) have been removed from the earth.

His threats against Israel and repeated abuses of the U.N. are just a couple of the reasons our country broke all ties with theirs. It's all a very touchy situation... regardless of anyones feelings about whos religion is correct or "they're people too!..." there will be a conflict over all of this eventually - and quite honestly, I'd like our nation to win it. And we will do that not by talking to them and perhaps getting them to change their minds, but by force.

True peace cannot be had unless one ideology wins - i'd like to be on the winning team.

-jonathan

tony
10-24-2008, 12:50 PM
In 2003, Ahmadinejad wasn't in power in Iran...

And he still isn't, Ali Khamenei is the Surpeme Leader of Iran. Focusing on Ahmadinejad is like saying Dick Cheney is the leader of the United States.

SpecV_Scott
10-24-2008, 01:35 PM
regardless of anyones feelings about whos religion is correct or "they're people too!..." there will be a conflict over all of this eventually - and quite honestly, I'd like our nation to win it. And we will do that not by talking to them and perhaps getting them to change their minds, but by force.

True peace cannot be had unless one ideology wins - i'd like to be on the winning team.

-jonathan

So basically, you're saying that the American, Christian-based society, and the Islamic societies of the world cannot possibly coexist on the same planet, and there will eventually be a war between the two?

If this is your belief, I don't know how you sleep at night. This is the kind of thinking that CAUSES wars, which is exactly what you're suggesting. Look at the last preemptive war we started. Do you think it was really worth the 4,000 American casualties and practically $1Trillion that it has cost to take Saddam out of power? Iraq and Iran fought each other for 10 years, and neither side won...meaning Iran is just as formidable as Iraq was....but Iran hasn't been under intense sanctions like Iraq was in the 12 years before we invaded it. Plus, it will be all too easy for Iran to convince it's people that America is on a giant crusade to rid the world of Islam.

If you think the last 5 yeas of war in Iraq, or the last 6 years of war in Afghanistan have sucked, just wait until we try to invade Iran preemptively. It would most definitely send the message to the entire Muslim world that we are out to get them. Then there will not be thousands, but millions of Jihadists dying to fight Americans...and they will do whatever they can to make that happen. There's no doubt that our military is the best on the planet...I should know because I was in it for 8 years. But once the official Iranian military is dismantled, just as we learned in Iraq, the REAL war will begin.

So think about how many more Americans will have to die. Think about how much deeper into the crapper our economy will go. Think about how bad our image is to the rest of the world now, and multiply that times 10 (contrary to popular belief, we actually do need to interact with the rest of the world). Think about all of these things when you tell yourself that it's OK to arbitrarily invade countries without giving diplomacy a chance.

Alright, my feet hurt from standing on this soapbox for so long. Oh, and BTW, I'm not just talking out of my ass. Besides the fact that I worked intel for 8 years in the AF, I'm now a Senior, political science (international studies) major at Augusta State University. I've done some homework.

ash7
10-24-2008, 02:47 PM
And he still isn't, Ali Khamenei is the Surpeme Leader of Iran. Focusing on Ahmadinejad is like saying Dick Cheney is the leader of the United States.
I never said he was the HMFIC, would you not agree that he is indeed in a position of great power?

So basically, you're saying that the American, Christian-based society, and the Islamic societies of the world cannot possibly coexist on the same planet, and there will eventually be a war between the two?

take a look at history, when has there ever been peace between these two ideals? the answer is: never

If this is your belief, I don't know how you sleep at night. This is the kind of thinking that CAUSES wars, which is exactly what you're suggesting. Look at the last preemptive war we started. Do you think it was really worth the 4,000 American casualties and practically $1Trillion that it has cost to take Saddam out of power? Iraq and Iran fought each other for 10 years, and neither side won...meaning Iran is just as formidable as Iraq was....but Iran hasn't been under intense sanctions like Iraq was in the 12 years before we invaded it. Plus, it will be all too easy for Iran to convince it's people that America is on a giant crusade to rid the world of Islam.

1) I sleep quite well, thanks
2) Yes, it is (and was) worth freeing an entire nation of people from underneath the dictatorship of Saddam.
3) The last war we DIDNT (WW2) start and joined in just in the nick of time cost over 400,000 american lives to preserve liberty.

So think about how many more Americans will have to die. Think about how much deeper into the crapper our economy will go. Think about how bad our image is to the rest of the world now, and multiply that times 10 (contrary to popular belief, we actually do need to interact with the rest of the world). Think about all of these things when you tell yourself that it's OK to arbitrarily invade countries without giving diplomacy a chance.

So when would you propose that this "diplomacy" period has run out? When is enough enough?

Alright, my feet hurt from standing on this soapbox for so long. Oh, and BTW, I'm not just talking out of my ass. Besides the fact that I worked intel for 8 years in the AF, I'm now a Senior, political science (international studies) major at Augusta State University. I've done some homework.

That is terrific, having served in the AF myself as a crew chief on 15s and 22s. We used to make fun of you guys with desk jobs in "intel." lol