PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods I hate OEM rims. (HONDA Rant)

bigdare23
10-20-2008, 01:42 AM
I can't stand oem rims! Why do people waste their money and buy oem rims? You just paid $450 for a set of gsr blades WOOOPY! Do you know that you could gotten a set of used rota or drags for that price? $200 more dollars and you could of gotten a new set with tires. For $800-$1000, you could been riding on a set of balling ass rims, shit maybe even cheaper than that. Why do people rather waste their money switching between OEM rims and painting them? Bout time you buy all these sets of OEM rims and get them painted, you could of been riding on a set of enkeis, regamasters, volks, ssrs, bbs, or works.

How can you say you're modding you car when you're really not doing anything? Congrats, now your RS integra looks like a GSR, or you DX civic looks like a Si! Too many broke ass people trying to ball on a budget (if you even want to call it that). Then those "OEM ballas" have the nerve to hate on people that actually mod their cars with real shit with posts like "Your rims are too big" or "Should of just got the rotas, the look the same". Bitches STFU please. If your car looks like a car purchased from the dealer, you have no room to judge someone else car. Shit like this is killing the Honda game. All I can do is shake my head.

P.S. Stop wasting thread space posting pics of your damn civics and integras with HXs, SIs, Fat Fives, and damn GSR blades. We really don't want to see it.

Revmaynard
10-20-2008, 01:46 AM
I think modded OEM rims look good. I want a set like I posted in the WL, but otherwise I agree. I went from my 13s to LS mesh, then to the gold mesh. I'm not planning on anymore rims that are OEM Honda to be on my car.

bigdare23
10-20-2008, 01:48 AM
I think modded OEM rims look good. I want a set like I posted in the WL, but otherwise I agree. I went from my 13s to LS mesh, then to the gold mesh. I'm not planning on anymore rims that are OEM Honda to be on my car.

now we need to convince JDMJAYDC2 that his collection of oem rims is the Devil :lmfao:

Revmaynard
10-20-2008, 01:49 AM
Lol. Ballin' on a budget! We need to get him some new tshirts, too! Haha.

bigdare23
10-20-2008, 01:51 AM
Lol. Ballin' on a budget! We need to get him some new tshirts, too! Haha.

LOL

Deke
10-20-2008, 09:20 AM
I agree. I'm not a fan of replacing one set of stock wheels with another. Hell I don't even really like when WRX drivers buy 2004 STi wheels (and those are even BBS).

"Should of just got the rotas, the look the same".

Haha, if you can find one instance of this on these forums you shall receive reps. I've only ever seen the opposite, "Why would you ever get Rotas when for only $800 more you could have gotten Volks."

Sammich
10-20-2008, 09:21 AM
I LOVE BLADES AND LIKE SI'S MUH SELF

bigdare23
10-20-2008, 10:08 AM
I agree. I'm not a fan of replacing one set of stock wheels with another. Hell I don't even really like when WRX drivers buy 2004 STi wheels (and those are even BBS).

Haha, if you can find one instance of this on these forums you shall receive reps. I've only ever seen the opposite, "Why would you ever get Rotas when for only $800 more you could have gotten Volks."

Reps please

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115840&highlight=spoon

post #5

umm yea. i dont see the point. walmart/rota/nippon>spoon. just as good n stuff. lot less money. maybe its cuz im a broke ass.

any ways postive reps to u for having some shit i havent seen b4.

cactusEG
10-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Its true. U can find some nice rims(after market) for a lower price, than some OEM rims. But the only oem rims I really like are LS mesh...

Acro
10-20-2008, 10:13 AM
I've got a set of OE Enkie's on my Miata. They have been painted gunmetal grey, and they only weigh 12lbs apiece. My slipstreams were heavier.

81911SC
10-20-2008, 10:26 AM
I like a LOT of OEM rims. Not so much Honda ones but a lot of other manufactures vehicles look great with OE wheels.

DeeAOne
10-20-2008, 10:43 AM
I like a LOT of OEM rims. Not so much Honda ones but a lot of other manufactures vehicles look great with OE wheels.i think i actually agree with you. lol :eek: :goodjob:

EJ_Allmota
10-20-2008, 11:30 AM
LOL.. i like this thread.. My brother and I are OEM Honda wheel whores but we also have after market wheels as well.. We own Polished SI's (which many people on here wanted to buy from me), polished blades, fat fives (that we have mounted on drag radials for those track days), and bronze LS mesh wheels..

As far as after market i have my OG San (polished the lips), and my brother has his Oldskools & LENSO's (slicks for who dont know).. There are more after-market wheels to come in our stable but i just love the freedom to switch my shit up when i feel like.. I honestly dont see the need to spend crazy money to get "REAL" wheels when you achieve the same look with the cheaper Rotas or Drags.. Some people do it because that what they wanted, others get the real wheels for the prestige or "respect" from people like yaself.. So its whatever..

Romeo
10-20-2008, 11:54 AM
i agree with alot of you. but then again i love a car that's slammed on some OEM wheels. that doesnt mean they have to come on the car from the factory with those wheels. but something from that maker.

Deke
10-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Reps please

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115840&highlight=spoon

post #5

Haha I see you had a to do a little bit of digging, but reps none the less.:)

Captain-Obvious™
10-20-2008, 12:27 PM
I don't mind swapping OEM wheels...the SI's looked damn good on my EK

but I do admit I would rather save up money to get some nice wheels

collins
10-20-2008, 01:36 PM
i like oem rims because the majority of "cheap" aftermarket rims look like absolute ass! oh and lol at this...

Bout time you buy all these sets of OEM rims and get them painted, you could of been riding on a set of enkeis, regamasters, volks, ssrs, bbs, or works

show me. you show me where you can get a set of volks, ssr's bbs's or works for $500. :no: aint gonna happen.

southside
10-20-2008, 01:58 PM
Point blank I disagree because some oem wheels look nice with some work.But I would never pay over 200$ for some oem wheels.I got my fatfives for 85$ and with a lil bit of work they look decent to me
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb148/corey20072007/Picture024.jpg
So I cant say I agree now paying outragous prices that is another subject ex.Dumbasses that pay 500 for blades.But me on the other hand I dont have money for aftermarket wheels So ill stick with just polishing the heck out of OEM for now

OneSlow5pt0
10-20-2008, 02:10 PM
i think they look good sometimes...like i want corvette grand sport wheels or ZR-1 wheels

bigdare23
10-21-2008, 11:20 AM
i like oem rims because the majority of "cheap" aftermarket rims look like absolute ass! oh and lol at this...

show me. you show me where you can get a set of volks, ssr's bbs's or works for $500. :no: aint gonna happen.

I got my mugen MR5 for $300 with tires.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/DSCF0024.jpg

and my SSR RS-8 for about $250 without tireshttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/my%20car%20parts/IMG00019-1.jpg

There are killer deals everywhere, but most people are to impatient to wait and find one.

bigdare23
10-21-2008, 11:23 AM
Haha I see you had a to do a little bit of digging, but reps none the less.:)

That was the 1st thread that I thought of, but there are many more. lol

bigdare23
10-21-2008, 12:26 PM
I think my main problem with "oem rim junkies" is... They tend to be quick to judge someone else car, who is doing more than them. If you're rocking oem rims, you have no place trying to diss someone because their Volks are 17's, or they have a body kit and boosted while you're still a single slammer. Stuff like that pisses me off. I shake my head at stuff like that.

deerock
10-21-2008, 01:19 PM
I've got a set of OE Enkie's on my Miata. They have been painted gunmetal grey, and they only weigh 12lbs apiece. My slipstreams were heavier.

im with acro on this. for wheels on a budget i spent 75 and got full hollowspoke miata wheels that are 10.3 pounds a piece, not much better than that for the money, but OEM can fail sometimes, or it can work. its the owners choice.

just my .02:yes:

RL...
10-22-2008, 01:10 AM
I can't stand oem rims! Why do people waste their money and buy oem rims? You just paid $450 for a set of gsr blades WOOOPY! Do you know that you could gotten a set of used rota or drags for that price? $200 more dollars and you could of gotten a new set with tires. For $800-$1000, you could been riding on a set of balling ass rims, shit maybe even cheaper than that. Why do people rather waste their money switching between OEM rims and painting them? Bout time you buy all these sets of OEM rims and get them painted, you could of been riding on a set of enkeis, regamasters, volks, ssrs, bbs, or works.

How can you say you're modding you car when you're really not doing anything? Congrats, now your RS integra looks like a GSR, or you DX civic looks like a Si! Too many broke ass people trying to ball on a budget (if you even want to call it that). Then those "OEM ballas" have the nerve to hate on people that actually mod their cars with real shit with posts like "Your rims are too big" or "Should of just got the rotas, the look the same". Bitches STFU please. If your car looks like a car purchased from the dealer, you have no room to judge someone else car. Shit like this is killing the Honda game. All I can do is shake my head.

P.S. Stop wasting thread space posting pics of your damn civics and integras with HXs, SIs, Fat Fives, and damn GSR blades. We really don't want to see it.

I feel ya, but I like my 16's classic 5-spoke look...:D

When I get some money I'll get aftermarket 18's but for now 16's will suffice...

spacelion
10-22-2008, 03:34 AM

I agree with you dude. I personally would rock OE's before replicas, but other than that, I agree. Great deals on classic wheels can be found, people just do not know where or how to get them most of the time, just like your Mugens and SSRs. You got damn lucky with those, but it is obvious you know where to look. :cheers:

Papa_Smurf
10-22-2008, 09:37 AM
There are killer deals everywhere, but most people are to impatient to wait and find one.

i agree with this statement 110%. I was about to buy some rotas after searching for weeks to find sum decent rims, and then darryl called me up and told me about these RPF1's on IA, and I went and picked them up that night.

Best decision i've made with my car, ever :goodjob:

southside
10-22-2008, 09:56 AM
I think my main problem with "oem rim junkies" is... They tend to be quick to judge someone else car, who is doing more than them. If you're rocking oem rims, you have no place trying to diss someone because their Volks are 17's, or they have a body kit and boosted while you're still a single slammer. Stuff like that pisses me off. I shake my head at stuff like that.I dont care if it has a body kit or not if its ugly its ugly no matter if they paid more than me....But if it has a bodykit and looks nice and clean then:goodjob: I found out the wheels I purchased for 100$ Black Racing Super Light are worth 600-800$ haha

Black Mamba
10-22-2008, 10:06 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/j76fyc.jpg

bigdare23
10-22-2008, 10:11 AM

Don't care

The exit that way ------------------->

Acro
10-22-2008, 10:23 AM
im with acro on this. for wheels on a budget i spent 75 and got full hollowspoke miata wheels that are 10.3 pounds a piece, not much better than that for the money, but OEM can fail sometimes, or it can work. its the owners choice.

just my .02:yes:

You've got the ones that I want :p

osiriskidd
10-22-2008, 10:33 AM
preference.

just like i'd rather have rotas/knockoffs before spending $3k on baller rims just because other people will be impressed. they're DD rims. they're going to get scruffed.

G.C
10-22-2008, 12:21 PM
I agree with you man. A lot of people out there paint there OEM wheel and think there balling or fresh and have this mentality that there car is the best out there. But the truth is, they just dont have the money to buy Brand name rims but they want to look different.

I think my main problem with "oem rim junkies" is... They tend to be quick to judge someone else car, who is doing more than them. If you're rocking oem rims, you have no place trying to diss someone because their Volks are 17's, or they have a body kit and boosted while you're still a single slammer. Stuff like that pisses me off. I shake my head at stuff like that.

I agree with you there too. They talk bout how there car dont look right or they shouldn't have swapped there car and went turbo to make more power. Ignorant people like that makes me sick when they dont realize how much time/money/hard work they spent on it.

Allstar3.8T
10-22-2008, 12:24 PM
different strokes for different folks.
IMO OEM rims are only ok on a modded car when on a vehicle other than what they came on. Ex; I like my 18" escalade wheels on my frontier, no one can figure out what they are from. But a 10=+yr old gsr wheel on a civic doesnt do it for me anymore. Its like getting worked up over 15" chrome cragar SSs that are 10 owners old on yet another camaro. About as fresh as a milli vanilli concert.
But whatever you like is cool w/ me....after all its your car.

Got Milk?
10-22-2008, 03:38 PM
I agree with you. Now before anyone jumps on me and say that i have painted OEM rims, well i don't so stfu.

spacelion
10-23-2008, 01:19 AM
preference.

just like i'd rather have rotas/knockoffs before spending $3k on baller rims just because other people will be impressed. they're DD rims. they're going to get scruffed.

But at the same time, people flip out when they see flashy painted rotas or anything with a polished lip. For me personally, the reason why I would (and will, when it comes time to buy wheels) get authentics is because there IS a difference in quality and integrity between the authentics and knock-offs. That is something I personally value, you may not and that is okay. Just like you said...preference.

xlilvi3tx
10-23-2008, 02:08 AM
I gots a set of Advan

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q55/ohshi3titzlilvi3t/IMG_0810.jpg

and a set of Gramlights

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q55/ohshi3titzlilvi3t/IMG_0866.jpg

broke as hell but im "trying to ball on a budget" lol

I have nothing against stock wheels. I think a couple of them are actually really nice. GSR Blades and ITR got a nice look to them. But yeh, i rather save up a good bit of money and get a nice strong set of wheels.

Black Mamba
10-23-2008, 09:53 AM
I agree with you. Now before anyone jumps on me and say that i have painted OEM rims, well i don't so stfu.

But... you have paintd OEM rims...:crazy:

osiriskidd
10-23-2008, 10:18 AM
But at the same time, people flip out when they see flashy painted rotas or anything with a polished lip. For me personally, the reason why I would (and will, when it comes time to buy wheels) get authentics is because there IS a difference in quality and integrity between the authentics and knock-offs. That is something I personally value, you may not and that is okay. Just like you said...preference.

right on man. i just don't see a point in buying expensive rims. concrete/rocks usually win in a fight against my rims x]

87 Turbo II
10-23-2008, 11:21 AM
Convertible FCs did it right from the factory. BBS developed 11 pound meshies for Mazda.

This is my friend's FC with the vert wheel swap . Ithink it's one of the best OEM wheel swaps I've seen.

http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r247/Acesanugal/DSCN4671.jpg

The Honda OEMS don't look too special to me, the polished blades can be kinda hot.

thinkskater
10-23-2008, 12:40 PM
man thats fd up u saw my wheels and said u liked em. thats weird. i just dont see the point in buying 1500 dollar wheels if all your gonna do is daily drive on them. oem wheels suck but with a touch of flavor, they can turn into one of kind pieces. http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107365&stc=1http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102557&stc=1

i dont only mess round with oem either just not that million dollar shit, i mean why do u think i am boosting a d16? not cuz i have 1500 dollars to spend on wheels thats for damn sure.
[/url]

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=106383&stc=1[url="http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102557&stc=1"] (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=106383&stc=1)

LIKEG6
10-23-2008, 04:15 PM
polished slips for the win lol

I like OEM wheels sometimes if that is all you can afford or if you jus have some to mess around with such as polishing/painting them. Like I want some lime green steelies again jus to put on every once in a while to change it up. I used to have hx's cause I didn't have the money to buy "rims" but I liked em and they were light so they worked. But you can still be "ballin on a budget" with some rotas especially some used ones which are around $400-500 w/ tires.

Not everyone is ballin like you Dare!!!!

owweee
10-23-2008, 04:50 PM
the 96 itr are some great OEM...

JDM SLiViC
10-24-2008, 02:57 AM
Strickly oem rims for me!!! But i wouldnt pay over 300 bucks for a set no matter what they are or how clean they are!!!
Now if i could afford mr5's id rock tha shit outta them. No doubt!!! Some of us aint balla's though lol

BTW whoever sold bigdare them mr5's got ripped another one lol

BIGWADE
10-24-2008, 12:20 PM
its all according to the wheels..some no and some yes

Turbodude06
10-24-2008, 04:00 PM
x2, but i agree with bigdare when he said people are haten on bigger wheels like 17's, 18's, and 19's +... as long as u do them right why hate on them just cause their not the borin a$$ 15's.............:goodjob:

thinkskater
10-24-2008, 04:08 PM
17's bring the car up to much even hammered u can still get up under it. 15's just bring it down just right. thats my 2 cents.

LIKEG6
10-24-2008, 04:31 PM
17's bring the car up to much even hammered u can still get up under it. 15's just bring it down just right. thats my 2 cents.

Depends on the car though

My EG sedan has 17's on it and they look perfect

Most new cars now have bigger wheels on it so putting small wheels on it look stupid

speedminded
10-24-2008, 05:05 PM
17's bring the car up to much even hammered u can still get up under it. 15's just bring it down just right. thats my 2 cents.Wheel size has nothing to do with the height of the car until the diameter exceeds the size of original tire. You go up a size on a wheel then you go down a series in the profile BUT people are just too cheap or too dumb to buy the correct size tire.

A 205/40-17 is EXACTLY the same outside diameter and radius within hundreth's as a 195/55-15 therefore there isn't any change in the height of the car.

I'll just stick with my staggered OEM wheels... :tongue:

JDMJAYDC2
10-27-2008, 05:20 PM
oem rims ftw i will ride si's and gsr blades and fat fives forever

Dirty Octopus™
10-29-2008, 10:37 AM
ehh... im not gonna knock cars with OEM wheels because they CAN look nice. provided that they're a style that looks decent with the car. ive seen quite a few blades on cars that look pretty damn amazing. BUT i will NEVER break my neck trying to find an OEM wheel for damn near Rota prices. if you luck up on a deal cool. but if you can afford to go aftermarket do just that. :yes:

my Fat 5's back in the day only cost me $75 with tires. i didnt want to ride on steelies anymore so i got em.

some people nowadays spend $300+ on some OEM Honda wheels when they could spend a little more and get something SUBSTANTIALLY more tasteful AND aftermarket.

the thing is though... this sorta only applies to Hondas. Honda people take too much pride in their shabby OEM FWD Acura wheels. vdubs on the other hand can toss on some Benz/Porsche wheels and be da shit ALL DAY! because those European wheels have status AND offset :D

umairejaz
10-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Am I a fool for paying $700 for my oems?

Dirty Octopus™
10-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Am I a fool for paying $700 for my oems?

the thing is though... this sorta only applies to Hondas. Honda people take too much pride in their shabby OEM FWD Acura wheels. vdubs on the other hand can toss on some Benz/Porsche wheels and be da shit ALL DAY! because those European wheels have status AND offset :D

But post said "OEMs" :goodjob:

southside
10-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Well like I said certain people like different things and if you dont have the paper to buy some balling ass rims then,you work with what you have and paint them or polish them or whatever looks good to you,I got my super lights for 100$ bucks haha So I got some JDM wheels for 100$ and still will rock the fat5s til I and yes I said "I" get tired.This is how I got them
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb148/corey20072007/DSCF0769.jpg
And This is how they looked when I was done
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb148/corey20072007/Picture038.jpgSo would there be a rant about me painting these and polishing the lip on these next,Everyone has there own thing!Just like people with bodykits and neons...:thinking:So once again who Cares...I have had many people tell me my OEM Integra wheels that I Polished look nice even tho they are OEMS:taun:

DunDunSkeert
10-29-2008, 06:34 PM
Yay for Subarus! The stock wheels look descent plus mine only weigh 16.5 pounds.
http://i35.tinypic.com/23tqzxc.jpg

EJ25RUN
10-29-2008, 10:26 PM
most cars look better with oem rims.

oh lol at Rota. Yes, im one of the people that belives knock offs are putting good companies out of business.

jcs
10-30-2008, 08:05 PM

couldnt agree with you more even though im in a single slammer on blades....but as soon as i can afford some aftermarket rims ill buy some.and ill always pick someone up if their car is nice,i dont like to bash on people just because i know my car isnt everything.

Apollo
10-30-2008, 11:58 PM
LOL, you really dont know why people want OEM Rims do you, and your a tunner guy? Thers a reason why people are going back to the Factory style.....:crazy:

Apollo
10-31-2008, 12:04 AM
bigger rim screw with timing, and performances, yeah you can have big rims with the right size tires so it doesnt effect timing, but then you have to go lower profile which means rougher ride so you still lose something like a smother ride and now your rides taken a beating. No thanks looks arent everything its all under the hood my friend:goodjob:

Andy_013
10-31-2008, 12:26 AM
bigger rim screw with timing, and performances, yeah you can have big rims with the right size tires so it doesnt effect timing, but then you have to go lower profile which means rougher ride so you still lose something like a smother ride and now your rides taken a beating. No thanks looks arent everything its all under the hood my friend:goodjob:

wth you talking about, no one said anything about bigger wheels. Its about driving around with stock honda wheels that not meant for your car.

My rpf1 weights about 5lbs less than stock si or gsr wheels, so what about performances now.

To get back to thread, I used to want stock si wheels b/c everyone them and it look pretty cool to rock wheel that was not meant for my car. Then I got my first set of enkei. I fell in love of with the fit and how my car looked with them. The second set of enkei was pure sex so I still have them.

boostedb16
10-31-2008, 03:03 PM
i agree with bigdare 100%. i bought my ek and it had SI's and they were gone asap.

Humphrizzle
10-31-2008, 05:15 PM
i got my car with stock si's and sold them 3 days after i got the car...

now i've got fat fives, had another set of si's also.. im a loser.

i miss my car with respectable wheels.

speedminded
10-31-2008, 07:40 PM
Am I a fool for paying $700 for my oems?The ones in your sig? I've seen e46 M3 wheels for $500 or less but if they are absolutely pristine then wouldn't be a bad deal.

I paid over a grand $$$ for my 12 year old stock wheels lol!! *sigh*

Dirty Octopus™
10-31-2008, 10:17 PM
i got my car with stock si's and sold them 3 days after i got the car...

now i've got fat fives, had another set of si's also.. im a loser.

i miss my car with respectable wheels.dont you have a bunch of real wheels? :thinking:

bigdare23
10-31-2008, 10:22 PM
BMW guys, did you read the title? I'm ranting about oem honda rims.

DB4LYFE ™
11-01-2008, 12:03 AM
OEMs r officially gone.:yay::yay:

~DB4LYFE

NAIZBST
11-03-2008, 05:28 PM
OEMs r officially gone.:yay::yay:

~DB4LYFE

what did you get

bigdare23
11-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Dang, didn't think this poll would be this close LOL

VooDooXII
11-04-2008, 02:41 PM
I mean...I'll buy some Mercedes OEM wheels because I like how they look. I do however like how my OEM wheels look...so close to the BBS RK which I wanted to get right away originally.

http://pics.buddypic.com/files/l/60593.jpg

Kckouki
11-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Yeah, oem wheels suck. =/

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p61/kornothekob/My%20240sx/010.jpg

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p61/kornothekob/My%20old%20240/04.jpg

Al Kaholic
11-13-2008, 05:02 PM
ridin some ls mesh on my EJ ftw!!!!

southside
11-23-2008, 12:04 PM
OEM FTMFW

chameleon30038
12-02-2008, 08:29 PM
lol !! this thread is funny ...well i have si's on a si so there....lol!

RBS
12-05-2008, 11:17 AM
i just read the OP post and now i feel bad... i just spent like 1500 for a set of OEM wheels....

and for some reason they came with a extra lugnut??? :???::???::???::???:

Professor Swagger
12-05-2008, 12:20 PM
i just read the OP post and now i feel bad... i just spent like 1500 for a set of OEM wheels....

and for some reason they came with a extra lugnut??? :???::???::???::???:
im assuming you got the complete conversion right? :thinking:

you putting it on the EJ?

0\s accord
12-05-2008, 12:34 PM
i agree with this guy 100% why spend 1500 dollars on wheels when u can find a set of oem wheels for 100 bucks... i ride on polished fat fives on a accord.... guess what not many people have said they hated it if u put time and effort into polishing and paintin the wheels how U want them who really gives a fuck what other people think and yes it would be nice havin a set of volks but when someone comes in to your lane and u got to get out of the way oops u just curbed a 1500 dollar wheel u just cant replace those but u can replace a oem rim pretty cheap so pick what u like personaly like me oem rims all the way
man thats fd up u saw my wheels and said u liked em. thats weird. i just dont see the point in buying 1500 dollar wheels if all your gonna do is daily drive on them. oem wheels suck but with a touch of flavor, they can turn into one of kind pieces. http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=107365&stc=1http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=102557&stc=1

i dont only mess round with oem either just not that million dollar shit, i mean why do u think i am boosting a d16? not cuz i have 1500 dollars to spend on wheels thats for damn sure.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=106383&stc=1

JackMaster
12-05-2008, 12:54 PM
BBS FTW

ash7
12-05-2008, 01:32 PM
^ even BBS is an OEM for Toyota and a couple other companies. lol What about Enkei rims from Honda? I guess they're junk too...

There is nothing wrong with running OEM wheels. I'd be willing to bet that most of the folks that post up their "masterpiece SI rims" are under the age of 20 and don't have money to buy nice wheels, nor the experience in where to look for them... A LOT of folks up in Atlanta know about JHOT imports and how good the deals can get from them; i had no idea they even existed until D.O. (His Most Honorable Excellency) mentioned them to me one day.

And BigDare is talking about good deals can be found if one has the patience - what is one supposed to rock until they find their "Sweet Deal" on rims? stock hub caps? Why not snag a set of stock alloys for cheap, and fix them up a tad?

makes sense to me...

-jonathan

RBS
12-06-2008, 11:54 AM
im assuming you got the complete conversion right? :thinking:

you putting it on the EJ?

yeah its whole conversion lol

2.25teg
12-06-2008, 12:14 PM
oem sucks period

DC2NR
12-06-2008, 10:37 PM
I see no problem in oem wheels. I mean I understand the part about spending 450 for a set OEM compared spending another 100 bucks to get a set of knock offs. One thing I can't seem to be ok with is spending 1000-1500 on some baller wheels. I mean maybe if it was a weekend car with a self detonating bomb(when beind stolen), then I can maybe understand that.

I still think a cheaper knock off wheel or OEM wheels would suffice. I mean everyone has their own liking and you can't really hate on that. Cause in the end if you crash the the car/get in a wreck, or if it gets stolen, you aren't down 1500 bucks. Also not everyone has a money tree.

vancem3m3
12-15-2008, 05:59 PM
x2

ythao7984
12-17-2008, 05:58 PM
my car looks like it juz came out of the dealership brand new mint (so what im not down with the rice scene) i like the OE look. and i am modding my car with performance parts ex: i/e/h, interior, lights ect... and still keep it unricey still looks stock but modded.and since i cant afford a jdm db8. hell it doesnt hurt to clone one. and a nice set of OEM type r wheels to go with. will give it the finishing touch. i'd never consider swappin oem wheels as modding my car. its juz that they look nice and clean. so my car looks like it was just purchased from a japanese dealership. dont get me wrong i like them baller ass wheels too. but it dont hurt to rock both them. OEM, enkies regamasters volks ssrs bbs or volks ftw.

Volcom
12-18-2008, 01:14 PM
I like a LOT of OEM rims. Not so much Honda ones but a lot of other manufactures vehicles look great with OE wheels.
dude love your avatar nobama.

slimm
12-18-2008, 05:41 PM
im partial to aftermarket rims myself. granted, oem rims have their advantages so far as keeping the jdm look and lighter than a lot of aftermarkets, but i still like aftermarket. personally, my rims have to be able to vote (at least 18s for those of you that are a little slow). there are many aftermaket sets in various sizes that are lighter than oem rims. they do cost a bit, but to me, its worth it. a friend of mine has a set of 19" centerlines that are only 7lbs each. a six spoke rim that looks great on almost any car. so, my vote is for aftermarket.

Kevykev
12-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Need more poll choices!

Oem Wheels can make a car look great, however, damn those who call it "modding" when hey put LS Meshes on their Ex Coupe.

VooDooXII
12-19-2008, 01:03 AM
I'm really picky about aftermarket wheels because I feel some just don't got at all with the rest of the car.

jriley60
01-26-2009, 03:32 PM
aww i love my meshies : P

eraser4g63
02-08-2009, 07:11 PM

I got my SSRs for $540 from Jarco... they are 17X7 and !&X8 and in really good condition.

weaver89
02-09-2009, 01:19 AM
i have some polished fat fives with gold on the insides. and everybody that says they hate oem wheels like mine. ill post a pic of them up in a min.

Master Shake
02-09-2009, 11:05 AM
i will be running some polished SI's, but there the only set i got besides steelies. and they're 15's, i don't like anything like 17's or that shit. wheel is too big for the car imo.
15/16's are good for me cause i can still run some good tires without having to go with low profile and i don't feel every bump in the road.

RL...
02-09-2009, 09:32 PM
big wheels with low profiles always look better then 15's with a big sidewall.

ALWAYS.

But there is a point where a rim can get too big for a car...

Christopherr
02-25-2009, 09:16 PM
I spent $800 for my OE Speedlines.

Admittedly...some OE wheels are boring. Others...are very nice. This argument is mute...you're saying that all OE wheels suck. They don't... If they do, are you implying that AM wheels are the junk? Playing devils advocate here...

Okie_doke.
02-26-2009, 08:30 AM
aww i love my meshies : P

Me and you both bro:goodjob:

Master Shake
02-26-2009, 01:09 PM
big wheels with low profiles always look better then 15's with a big sidewall.

ALWAYS.

But there is a point where a rim can get too big for a car...i disagree.

15's with good sized tires, not some fucking huge ass fat fuckers.
like maybe some 205/55's
not like some 205/65-70, cause thats too big.

and with a honda, 17's are pushing it for being too big.

Benefit
02-26-2009, 03:18 PM
wut about my stockies :)

MyTurboTegra
03-15-2009, 06:32 PM
I like both. For my boosted car I have 15" rota's and 17" prolines. I switch between the two depending on what the car will be doing (car show, drag racing or mountain run. I have painted HX's on my EF and they look much better than what came with the car. I get compliments all the time on how clean it looks. Has a lot to do with the OEM rims. A lot of people don't even relize they are OEM as I took off the Honda caps. So I like both as long as A. it looks good and or B. serves a performance gaining fuction.

Bus Driver J
03-15-2009, 08:08 PM
My interpretation of the whole thing is dont talk mad shit about your "new" wheels when all they are are stockers. If you just rock them for DD then whatever but dont go on blast about your "new shoes" when all they are is a set of OEM wheels.

Frög
05-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Um...

Sorry, OEM is the way to go:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/members/wheelman-albums-wheel-picture5124-tire1.jpg
(Not my car. I have black calipers)

black_e92
05-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Um...

Sorry, OEM is the way to go:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/members/wheelman-albums-wheel-picture5124-tire1.jpg
(Not my car. I have black calipers)

X2 on most cars.

bigdare23
05-17-2009, 04:39 PM
My interpretation of the whole thing is dont talk mad shit about your "new" wheels when all they are are stockers. If you just rock them for DD then whatever but dont go on blast about your "new shoes" when all they are is a set of OEM wheels.

BINGO

Finally someone got the point of the thread

Catnip
05-17-2009, 09:00 PM
BINGO

Finally someone got the point of the thread

Sometimes stock wheels just set a car off really good.

Polished blades would've set my integra off REALLY nicely, but any stock wheels looked lame on my hatch. Same with my datsun; the 5 slot mags were a dealer option for the Z cars, but they look great on my car regardless. I think it just all depends :2cents:

JuStCrUzIn
05-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Need more poll choices!

Oem Wheels can make a car look great, however, damn those who call it "modding" when hey put LS Meshes on their Ex Coupe.

hey now ive got meshes on my civic but the came with the money i got for my racing harts. so i guess it doesnt count.

JDMJAYDC2
05-17-2009, 09:08 PM
my oem rims are the shit that is all

Frög
05-21-2009, 09:51 AM
My OEM wheels are worth a right under a thousand..

Aftermarket wheels for my car are worth triple that..

Its not a $200 dollar difference..

boricua4life
05-28-2009, 07:56 PM
bigdare your absolutely right!!!:cheers: dude i know about 8 people that are always hating on peoples car n mods when all the have is just an intake and spray painted wheels!!! and they when you ask them what do you have under the hood, they try to be lik dnt worry about it:thinking: lik if they have somethin!

ps kinda got a little carried away there:blah:

95LxCD5
06-07-2009, 04:16 PM
I got my mugen MR5 for $300 with tires.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/DSCF0024.jpg

and my SSR RS-8 for about $250 without tireshttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/my%20car%20parts/IMG00019-1.jpg

no thanks, not my style

95LxCD5
06-07-2009, 04:17 PM
My OEM wheels are worth a right under a thousand..

Aftermarket wheels for my car are worth triple that..

Its not a $200 dollar difference..

but we dont all drive porsches

bigdare23
06-07-2009, 05:59 PM
no thanks, not my style

I was going to respond back nasty, but I looked at your sig and giggled. :D

FasTech
06-09-2009, 12:58 AM
I do not see how I over looked this thread.... but my opinion... I think buying Aftermarket wheels make alot more sense rather than buying Honda OEM wheels for about the same price. Even if they're off-brand wheels. Yes, some cars do look alright with OEM wheels but I'd much rather have some Mugens or Sprints.

BTW Bigdare... Your car is just toooo damnnnn loud, son. lolol Heard tha shit at the V-meet this past thursday and thought my damn ear drums busted...LOLOLOL.

yerrow
06-09-2009, 08:52 AM
there's not much worse than stock wheels....painted

silverDA
06-10-2009, 05:23 PM
depends on if they were painted the Right way,but oem is King/

there's not much worse than stock wheels....painted

RedEj8
06-18-2009, 10:37 PM
The first and only set of wheels i've put on my civic since i've owned it (been 8 years now, 7 with the wheels) are GSR fat fives. I recently stripped the old nasty clear coat off and started polishing them a little. I paid $250 for them with good tires 7 years ago.

I love them. Would only swap for some rota attacks.

95LxCD5
06-18-2009, 11:42 PM
I was going to respond back nasty, but I looked at your sig and giggled. :D

those SSRs are just too busy for me. but go ahead respond nasty lol see if i care. i know my car aint great, but its a work in progress. to me your car looks like a work in progress, but thats just me. its all about tastes, and everyone has a different one. get used to it.

bigdare23
06-21-2009, 05:28 PM
those SSRs are just too busy for me. but go ahead respond nasty lol see if i care. i know my car aint great, but its a work in progress. to me your car looks like a work in progress, but thats just me. its all about tastes, and everyone has a different one. get used to it.

My RS-8 are too busy?!? What's conservative to you then? :screwy:

I can tell you're one of those people that response to criticism with hate. I criticized you're taste in style, and you just had to respond by stating your "opinion" about my car. You just stated your car was a work in progress, then put my car in the same category as yours (I might add you gave me your worthless negative reps), while you know ours are in two different leagues. Better yet, have you even seen pictures of my car?

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/Car%20painted/bigdare10.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/Car%20painted/bigdare8.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/Car%20painted/Uproot%20and%20Bigdare/3114312107_bdfde7a611_o.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/Car%20painted/Uproot%20and%20Bigdare/3114435377_e0121fb50e_o.jpg

Look at those pictures, our cars do not believe in the same category.

95LxCD5
06-21-2009, 08:39 PM
i can tell your one of those ppl that take other ppls opinions out of proportion; like i said everyone has their own opinion, so get used to it. i just said i didnt like your rims, you dont have to respond to me by laughing at what i am driving...thats low. yes i have seen pics of your car, even before you posted them up there. i NEVER said i hated your car, im just not a fan of CRXs ok? lol you give me negative rep for giving you negative rep...talk about a noob comeback...wat are we 12?

bigdare23
06-23-2009, 02:11 PM
i can tell your one of those ppl that take other ppls opinions out of proportion; like i said everyone has their own opinion, so get used to it. i just said i didnt like your rims, you dont have to respond to me by laughing at what i am driving...thats low. yes i have seen pics of your car, even before you posted them up there. i NEVER said i hated your car, im just not a fan of CRXs ok? lol you give me negative rep for giving you negative rep...talk about a noob comeback...wat are we 12?

You're saying I'm taking people opinions out of proportion, but you neg repped me FIRST because of my opinion ooookay :thinking:

And I wasn't laughing at your car because I actually like Accords, I was laughing at your taste in mods. :goodjob:

Now this is why I created this thread! The people who have no reason criticizing other people cars are always the ones who are doing it. If you're rocking gsr blades, you dont have nothing to say about dude who is rocking Mugens. If you're rocking ASA rims, you can't bash SSRs. That's the point I am trying to make.

RL...
06-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Now this is why I created this thread! The people who have no reason criticizing other people cars are always the ones who are doing it. If you're rocking gsr blades, you dont have nothing to say about dude who is rocking Mugens. If you're rocking ASA rims, you can't bash SSRs. That's the point I am trying to make.

Ya know! I hate it when ppl are contradictory like that. It's like I'll be chillin with my friend steve, he's fat, and sometimes I'll show him a hot girl on the street or internet or whatever and he'll be like no she's too fat or ugly....I'm like wtf how can you be fat and make fun of someone because they're fat....?

Hipocrisy like this is a norm on this website. While my car is not too special it's annoying when ppl with ugly/slow cars call my car a pos...I mean seriously......It's like my friend would say my girl isn't hot when she's a solid 9 and his girl is a solid 5....wtf!?!!?!?!??!

Z0_o6
06-24-2009, 12:10 PM
fuck the bullshit the S2K is fixin' to get Volk TE37's. Everybody crying about how fucking wonderful their OEM wheels are simply can't afford the real shit. I don't know ANYONE who would take a set of blades over some real wheels like volk's, work's, BBS, mugen etc. Everybody WANTS them, if they can't have them they act like they DECIDED on oem, when that decision really got made by their wallet.

Master Shake
06-24-2009, 12:30 PM
fuck the bullshit the S2K is fixin' to get Volk TE37's. Everybody crying about how fucking wonderful their OEM wheels are simply can't afford the real shit. I don't know ANYONE who would take a set of blades over some real wheels like volk's, work's, BBS, mugen etc. Everybody WANTS them, if they can't have them they act like they DECIDED on oem, when that decision really got made by their wallet.truth.

a lot of decisions with my car is based off my wallet. i scream "hell yea" and it screams "you're dumb"

RL...
06-24-2009, 03:22 PM
truth.

a lot of decisions with my car is based off my wallet. i scream "hell yea" and it screams "you're dumb"

LOLOLOL hell yeah!!!

I'm the same way. It's hard to afford stuff for the car working 20 hours every week like I've been doing for the last 3 years...

EP3sAreFun
06-24-2009, 05:18 PM
fuck the bullshit the S2K is fixin' to get Volk TE37's. Everybody crying about how fucking wonderful their OEM wheels are simply can't afford the real shit. I don't know ANYONE who would take a set of blades over some real wheels like volk's, work's, BBS, mugen etc. Everybody WANTS them, if they can't have them they act like they DECIDED on oem, when that decision really got made by their wallet.
What about people that don't think Blingin' wheels are that important? my car came with a factory package with a 16x8 front and 16x9 rear and these are perfect for any tire combination i could ever wanna run. These wheels can be found for like $250 a set. I feel that putting $3,000 wheels on a car that's only worth $2,000 if it gets totaled is kinda silly. Having invested $2750 into wheels doesnt make the car any faster.

*shrug*

as we SQ ppl say.... just my 2.6 cents

Z0_o6
06-25-2009, 11:27 AM
What about people that don't think Blingin' wheels are that important? my car came with a factory package with a 16x8 front and 16x9 rear and these are perfect for any tire combination i could ever wanna run. These wheels can be found for like $250 a set. I feel that putting $3,000 wheels on a car that's only worth $2,000 if it gets totaled is kinda silly. Having invested $2750 into wheels doesnt make the car any faster.

*shrug*

as we SQ ppl say.... just my 2.6 cents

So you're telling me that no matter what, you wouldn't put a set of Volks, or BBS wheels on your car, just because the factory wheels fit right? And last I checked, any time you can reduce unsprung weight, it DOES make the car faster. If you think they are too expensive, and the stock wheels work fine, then I absolutely understand, but you cannot convince me that you would rather have those stock wheels than the wheels everyone else drools over. I just don't buy it.

EP3sAreFun
06-25-2009, 12:50 PM
So you're telling me that no matter what, you wouldn't put a set of Volks, or BBS wheels on your car, just because the factory wheels fit right? And last I checked, any time you can reduce unsprung weight, it DOES make the car faster. If you think they are too expensive, and the stock wheels work fine, then I absolutely understand, but you cannot convince me that you would rather have those stock wheels than the wheels everyone else drools over. I just don't buy it.
If someone came to me with a set of Volks that are the correct offset and said i'll sell you these for 250 or you can buy these OE wheels for 250.

I'd take the volks. ofcourse.

But in reality, i'm not gonna spend 2400 on wheels and another grand on tires when i could spend 3400 on coilovers/bigger turbo/forged pistons/etc...

I'm just saying i could get alot more bang for my buck then dropping money on $$$ wheels.

RL...
06-25-2009, 01:24 PM
If someone came to me with a set of Volks that are the correct offset and said i'll sell you these for 250 or you can buy these OE wheels for 250.

I'd take the volks. ofcourse.

But in reality, i'm not gonna spend 2400 on wheels and another grand on tires when i could spend 3400 on coilovers/bigger turbo/forged pistons/etc...

I'm just saying i could get alot more bang for my buck then dropping money on $$$ wheels.

Of course you could but this thread is about wheels, not about getting the best bang for your buck on other mods....so your point is pointless here

If you actually had money then you probably would spend it on volks rather than riding on stock wheels, I mean a big part of modifying cars is to set yours apart from every other on the road...blending in is no fun....

EP3sAreFun
06-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Of course you could but this thread is about wheels, not about getting the best bang for your buck on other mods....so your point is pointless here

If you actually had money then you probably would spend it on volks rather than riding on stock wheels, I mean a big part of modifying cars is to set yours apart from every other on the road...blending in is no fun....

lol wut? maybe in your mind. Well i drive a 1986 Mitsbuishi Starion. So unlike you, I don't have to strive to be different. I modify mine to go faster.

Just cause you don't get my point doesn't make it any less valid, scooter.

The post was about buying OEM wheels vs, buying aftermarket wheels. So I was specifically discussing OEM vs. high-end wheels. And my opinion was for a car that has weird offsets, such as mine, the cost of an aftermarket wheel far outweighs the benefit or joy of having pretty wheels.

RL...
06-25-2009, 10:44 PM
lol wut? maybe in your mind. Well i drive a 1986 Mitsbuishi Starion. So unlike you, I don't have to strive to be different. I modify mine to go faster.

Just cause you don't get my point doesn't make it any less valid, scooter.

The post was about buying OEM wheels vs, buying aftermarket wheels. So I was specifically discussing OEM vs. high-end wheels. And my opinion was for a car that has weird offsets, such as mine, the cost of an aftermarket wheel far outweighs the benefit or joy of having pretty wheels.

I get your point, you didn't get mine, idiot.

The price of buying wheels for your car would be no different than buying them for my car, if if it is, only slightly...But yes I understand you don't care about looks you just want to go fast...in your 24 year old car....you want to go fast...

quickdodge®
06-25-2009, 10:49 PM

Keep the shit talk out of here or you'll have a vacation. Later, QD.

95LxCD5
06-25-2009, 11:38 PM
well ok sry man i thought you was laughin at my car...but still its not cool to laugh at other people's stuff..w/e

You're saying I'm taking people opinions out of proportion, but you neg repped me FIRST because of my opinion ooookay :thinking:

And I wasn't laughing at your car because I actually like Accords, I was laughing at your taste in mods. :goodjob:

Z0_o6
06-26-2009, 02:24 AM

The price of buying wheels for your car would be no different than buying them for my car, if if it is, only slightly...But yes I understand you don't care about looks you just want to go fast...in your 24 year old car....you want to go fast...

Are you insinuating a 24 year old car couldn't be made fast? If so that is just another asinine comment to add to your collection.

EP3- I can certainly understand that mentality. If performance on a budget is the idea, then absolutely. However, in your case you aren't judging anyone else for having high end wheels calling them stupid for it, because THAT is what makes it so annoying ya know? Why should the guy who can't afford my wheels/car have any say about my wheels/car? He obviously couldn't even do things well enough to have the option to do what I have, therefore why should his opinion of my choices matter? See what I'm sayin?

EP3sAreFun
06-26-2009, 10:05 AM
Are you insinuating a 24 year old car couldn't be made fast? If so that is just another asinine comment to add to your collection.

EP3- I can certainly understand that mentality. If performance on a budget is the idea, then absolutely. However, in your case you aren't judging anyone else for having high end wheels calling them stupid for it, because THAT is what makes it so annoying ya know? Why should the guy who can't afford my wheels/car have any say about my wheels/car? He obviously couldn't even do things well enough to have the option to do what I have, therefore why should his opinion of my choices matter? See what I'm sayin?
oooh okay. yeah yeah. agreed. well put

jvladamir
06-26-2009, 11:27 AM
I DO like some OEM wheels and they are often a better choice because of the high build quality and standards they are held to compared to lower end wheels. Used OEM's and used older JDM imported wheels are my favorites because their cost has dropped but they still have quality and strength. here are some that i have owned for my 240 for both street and track and they have served me well. the most expensive set cost $450 and they were for lightweight/ to fit lug conversions / i liked the style/ good deals/ brake clearance / spares / whatever reason. It is all about what YOU like and what YOUR purpose is.
these have included:
lancer OZ rally wheels
polished stock s13 7 spokes
work eurolines
veilside andrew racing V
work ryvers
mustang cobras
FD rx7
gewalt meshies
BRS poisons
s14 stockers
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/jvladamir/for%20sale/forsale035.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/jvladamir/for%20sale/forsale036.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/jvladamir/my%20car/4-18-08025.jpg

jvladamir
06-26-2009, 11:37 AM
oooh okay. yeah yeah. agreed. well put

BTW. if i came upon a set of starion wheels, which i never do, i would prolly have to get them b/c they are one of the coolest OEMs ever on any car IMO. One of my favorite classics.

RL...
06-26-2009, 05:18 PM

I was not insinuating anything. You assumed I meant that. A car can be made fast regardless of it's age.

Stop assuming things...

Z0_o6
06-26-2009, 05:28 PM
That's why there was a question mark. what did you mean then? feel free to explain.

bloodline
08-18-2009, 10:21 PM
oem rims are just cheaper then buyin aftermarkets...and there better then rydin on steelies you know? blades and si's are pretty clean tho..cant deny that

RL...
08-18-2009, 10:49 PM
oem rims are just cheaper then buyin aftermarkets...and there better then rydin on steelies you know? blades and si's are pretty clean tho..cant deny that

Can't deny it, blades are nice. But someone who swears by oem wheels over aftermarket is an idiot...

BABY J
08-30-2009, 07:43 AM
I like fat 5s. But in general I agree w/ this rant from a year that's not 2009. LOL

HeLLo iM iZzY
10-03-2009, 08:00 PM
So unlike you, I don't have to strive to be different..I bet you strive to keep it running.

LOL !

Kevykev
10-04-2009, 09:35 AM
i love oem wheels.

silverDA
10-08-2009, 07:10 PM
^true story/

Kckouki
10-10-2009, 03:27 PM
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p61/kornothekob/My%20240sx/003-5.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p61/kornothekob/My%20240sx/002-6.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p61/kornothekob/My%20240sx/009-3.jpg

OEM FTW

mikesEK
11-20-2009, 04:23 AM
i didnt read this entire thread ....but i hope some one mentioned
that allot of oem wheels are manufactured by enkie and they are round!!!!

take yer rota, drag.... BRAND NEW from the box , throw it on a tire balancer,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, then come back n talk to me:goodjob:

S.Brewer
11-21-2009, 09:45 AM
now we need to convince JDMJAYDC2 that his collection of oem rims is the Devil :lmfao:

in do time my friend. LOL. I still got my gold si's, but notice what im ridin on... cause they look 50574383627955 times better than OEM. im with u D. Lets make a stand lol first we gotta get JDMJAYDC2 in the game

S.Brewer
11-21-2009, 10:00 AM
My RS-8 are too busy?!? What's conservative to you then? :screwy:

I can tell you're one of those people that response to criticism with hate. I criticized you're taste in style, and you just had to respond by stating your "opinion" about my car. You just stated your car was a work in progress, then put my car in the same category as yours (I might add you gave me your worthless negative reps), while you know ours are in two different leagues. Better yet, have you even seen pictures of my car?

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/Car%20painted/bigdare10.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/Car%20painted/bigdare8.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/Car%20painted/Uproot%20and%20Bigdare/3114312107_bdfde7a611_o.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g273/bigdare23/My%20Car/Car%20painted/Uproot%20and%20Bigdare/3114435377_e0121fb50e_o.jpg

Look at those pictures, our cars do not believe in the same category.

SUPERKLEEN Dare!

BABY J
11-21-2009, 10:59 AM
^ looks slow :ninja:

Black Mamba
12-30-2009, 11:58 AM

JDMGRNAV6
12-30-2009, 03:13 PM
oemmmm ftwwww

AltimaCharlie
12-30-2009, 04:58 PM
OEM truck wheels is classic in minitrucks. guys have been running z71 wheels on there hardbodies since the 80's. my titan wheels on the frontier are sweet, i looks like some sort of special factory package.
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/sorrycharlie2/frontier/datsunmisc005.jpg

maxcy
01-21-2010, 12:08 AM
its a love hate thing for me....i love the ls meshes and the white type r's but i dont care too much for blades and si's are ok but i recently bought some circuit 10's...but mostly it depends on the car its on.

trini_gsr
01-21-2010, 09:14 AM
oem is cool as long as the wheels are clean and the fitment/stance is on point. i personally like polished fat fives and si's best. it's a good way to make a car look good on a budget. not really a fan of seeing oem wheels painted though, they never seem to look right.

i prefer aftermarket just because you have a lot more options...and for db8s, oem wheels are just too small IMO.

n00bsrus
01-21-2010, 01:39 PM
the way i see it.... there's a reason aftermarket rim companies stay in business... because OEM rims suck balls. just my opinion... i don't even like hondas anyways much less their rims.... seen some sick ones though with aftermarket rims

n00bsrus
01-21-2010, 01:40 PM
OEM truck wheels is classic in minitrucks. guys have been running z71 wheels on there hardbodies since the 80's. my titan wheels on the frontier are sweet, i looks like some sort of special factory package.
http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc196/sorrycharlie2/frontier/datsunmisc005.jpg

x2 this is true... same thing with caddy wheels on everything... my truck.... running some stockies in the front from an older model s10 and some summit racing prostars in the rear ... lol rims is expensive man..

Kckouki
02-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Xtreme wheels on my S-10 ?
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p61/kornothekob/New%20truck%20pics/l_2f2e1c36d4004ba4b959a8592ff5069c.jpg

allout13
04-23-2010, 11:10 PM
I have oem wheels :dunno:
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i258/allout13/DSC_0439.jpg

Okie_doke.
04-24-2010, 06:31 PM
I fucking love my blades!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

BrakeExpert
04-27-2010, 11:57 PM
He's right. So many guys spend MORE money on USED factory wheels than new ones! And factory wheels that we all see and know seem to have crappy offset, tucking under the car for aerodynamic reasons and MPG, but what you want for performance is wider wheels with more offset. Wider tires, wider track. There are thousands of aftermarket styles of wheels, thousands and thousands. Why stick with boring ones everyone else has that are boring and ugly anyway when OEM wheels are just a sliver of the choices out there. And as for the small factory ones, ya still got the big, flexing sidewalls. Honda has made VERY VERY few good looking wheels. Most suck. And the old Mugen wheels that look like 80s hub caps from old Accords and Camrys...they aren't rare cause they are cool or light, they are rare cause they were ugly back then, and putting em on a newer car doesn't help. Plus also for performance, small stock wheels suck for allowing bigger and better brakes.

Okie_doke.
04-28-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm not looking for functionality I just like what I like to ride on.

OldSchool87
04-28-2010, 12:33 AM
Its all about what looks good to you i geuss but fat5's and blade swaps are played out.... but if they are lite than they serve a function and thats what matters.
now Kckouki on the other hand with his R34 wheels on the Kouki S14...That shit is hot.