PDA

View Full Version : Is ACORN rigging the election?

BanginJimmy
10-19-2008, 10:27 AM
We have all heard the stories coming out of MANY states that ACORN has been found with thousands of fraudulant voter registrations. Is this an attempt to circumvent the political system and get Obama elected?

A short list that I compiled from a few differnet news stories of fraudulant registrations by ACORN:

800 in PA
2000 in Conn

Larry Lomax, the registrar in Clark County, Nev., said he would estimate that 25,000 of the 90,000 applications submitted by ACORN this year were duplicates or phony.

http://www.kansascity.com/445/story/842866.html

A lot of the fake registrations are coming in the battle ground states, which makes sense as Obama needs votes there to win the election, but then you have a democratic Sec State in Ohio that says its not a big deal and she doesnt have the time to check into voter registrations.

so heres the question:

Is ACORN trying to rig the election for Obama?

BanginJimmy
10-19-2008, 10:30 AM
I am saying yes, they are activly trying to rig the election.

willum14pb
10-19-2008, 10:43 AM
agreed.

tony
10-19-2008, 10:48 AM
My curiosity as far as this goes is this, with those fake registrations doesn't some individual have to show up, show I.D and vote?

alpine_aw11
10-19-2008, 10:50 AM
It really doesn't matter who they register, seeing as the fake registrations can't actually show up and vote anyway. I agree that ACORN is a corrupted organization, but what they're doing won't have any effect.

silversol
10-19-2008, 11:02 AM
My curiosity as far as this goes is this, with those fake registrations doesn't some individual have to show up, show I.D and vote?
x2 i have a friend that works at one of the polls when you show up they put your name in the computer. and if there is more that one person with that name like "john smith" they confirm your name and your address! so it next to imposible for some one to vote more that once.

silversol
10-19-2008, 11:04 AM
and besides republicans have been rigging elections for years! just look at president bush for proof!

BanginJimmy
10-19-2008, 11:04 AM

There are many states that allow you to mail your vote in, much like they do absentee votes.

You actually brought up another hot topic for me. How can people want to oppose a requirement to show a state issued ID to vote?

Vteckidd
10-19-2008, 11:06 AM
absentee son!

I dont know if they are trying to rig the election so much as they were trying to make money.

If i understand, some of them were being paid for how many people they signed up. so they had tons of phony applications. whether their intentions was to have those phony apps actually make it in the ballot box, or just to get paid, is still unclear

Vteckidd
10-19-2008, 11:07 AM
and besides republicans have been rigging elections for years! just look at president bush for proof!
he won by 536 votes in 2000

Democrats have been systematically caught with far more voter fraud incidents than repubs 20-1 over the last few years.

BanginJimmy
10-19-2008, 11:33 AM

what election was that? Bush Jr. won in 2000 even though Gore wanted to handpick which counties would be recounted. Goer was even told that a statewide recount could be done, but he said no to that. That sounds more like Gore was looking to fraudulantly win an election.

4dmin
10-19-2008, 05:50 PM
every election there are issues w/ registering voters or voters voting...

acorn pays people to sign up voters... what do you expect 100% accuracy in a world of failing banks due to flawed accounting... this is no different. is it right no but if they are just signing people up what is the big deal? they still have to go and vote and show proof of id.

it really doesn't matter b/c voters don't win elections; who counts the votes wins!

stephen
10-19-2008, 07:16 PM
even absentee voting requires you to show a valid id. with some states, if you can't provide a valid id, then you're required to submit your social security number.

here's a link for ohio's absentee voting process:

http://www.sos.state.oh.us/SOS/Text.aspx?page=3870&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

like mr.kidd said...the acorn situation was more about money than stealing the election. all of these complaints about acorn attempting to rig the election is just ridiculous. the media has made such a big deal about it, because it's far too easy to play off of the people's ignorance and supply them with another new "anti-obama" argument.

redrumracer
10-19-2008, 07:49 PM
i think they are, but it doesnt matter, the republican will be victorious again, although i wish it was with a different candidate.

1SICKLEX
10-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Bush stealing the 2000 and 2004 election> anything Acorn can do

AlanŽ
10-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Bush stealing the 2000 and 2004 election> anything Acorn can do
have any proof of that?

1SICKLEX
10-19-2008, 09:20 PM
have any proof of that?

WTF? Proof. How old were you in 2000 or 2004? It might not understand what happened or maybe you didn't vote.

AlanŽ
10-19-2008, 09:30 PM
WTF? Proof. How old were you in 2000 or 2004? It might not understand what happened or maybe you didn't vote.
What because Bush lost the popular vote in 2000 but still became president? we don't elect the president the electorial college does.

1SICKLEX
10-19-2008, 09:42 PM
What because Bush lost the popular vote in 2000 but still became president? we don't elect the president the electorial college does.
Florida........Florida....

BanginJimmy
10-19-2008, 10:34 PM
Florida........Florida....

Yes Florida was one of the states that Bush won. I still dont see where he "stole" the election.

Vteckidd
10-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Bush didnt steal anything.

Gore was trying to selectively recount only counties where he was strong in.

Bush won fair and square

BanginJimmy
10-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Bush didnt steal anything.

Gore was trying to selectively recount only counties where he was strong in.

Bush won fair and square

your not supposed to tell the libs that. You have to let them continue to believe that they were screwed by the corrupt republicans in Florida and the Supreme Court. Its gpood for their ego and if their ego is hurt they will sue for damages.

AlanŽ
10-19-2008, 11:08 PM
your not supposed to tell the libs that. You have to let them continue to believe that they were screwed by the corrupt republicans in Florida and the Supreme Court. Its gpood for their ego and if their ego is hurt they will sue for damages.
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

stephen
10-20-2008, 02:56 AM

i guess we shouldn't tell conservatives that "corrupt" characters like mickey mouse,felix the cat, and buzz lightyear aren't going to be responsible for stealing this election. it won't be good for their egos, and if their ego is hurt then they'll continue to increase the populations poverty to infinity and beyond.

4dmin
10-20-2008, 07:40 AM

lol kinda sounds like the right when they try to justify palin for vp elect :lmfao:

Kevykev
10-20-2008, 05:38 PM
acorn pays people to sign up voters..

i though everyone knew that as being "THE PROBLEM" :thinking:

Acorn is a disgrace right now. They need some serious work on their infrastructure. They either need to work on it or just to give it up and shut down. Terrible to see tax $ wasted on corrupt organizations.

They will probably change their name soon.

SPOOLIN
10-21-2008, 08:26 AM
i think its ridiculous that this whole country isn't required to show an ID to vote. I think its also insane that we mail an absentee ballot and it gets filled out and sent it, make us go to the voters office and do the vote there, not at home, it makes no sense. I gladly show my ID when i vote.

blaknoize
10-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Bout time we're at the center of attention again.

BanginJimmy
10-21-2008, 11:14 AM
i think its ridiculous that this whole country isn't required to show an ID to vote. I think its also insane that we mail an absentee ballot and it gets filled out and sent it, make us go to the voters office and do the vote there, not at home, it makes no sense. I gladly show my ID when i vote.

Many of the illegal votes are being done by absentee votes which are far easier to forge than actually walking in to vote. Military voters should be able to have some form of voting office in their individual stations if they are overseas or living out their home state. Other absentees should ahve a program like that of GA with early voting. Unless you actually live overseas, you will be home at least for a few days in that 1 month or so streth to get your vote in.

As far as ID's go, dems are kicking and screaming about requiring them to vote saying its racist. I have no clue what their reasoning about it is.

rrutter81
10-21-2008, 11:44 AM
I didnt know what to vote so i voted the closest one. B.

They are trying to REGISTER a zillion people and getting paid for it as well as paying people to register /w smokes or cash etc.

However they cant VOTE a zillion times with those registrations. Its fraudulant, yes, but wont have anything to do with the election turn out. They are just ripping their boss's off.

BanginJimmy
10-21-2008, 11:55 AM
I'm actually suprised so many people think that ACORN is actively trying to rig the election, or at least attempt to even though they dont believe it will make a difference on the final outcome.