PDA

View Full Version : this video is a little "touching"

stephen
10-18-2008, 10:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNXnYX06wLg

i saw this earlier on cnn. i don't expect many folks to understand what made it so "touching," but i know some of you will. it kills me to see all of the "ignorant" videos (of both black AND white folks), so i figured i'd change things up a bit. a lot of you know i agree with obama's politics, but it's also the thought and the meeting (met a 102yr old lady in my sister's sorority!) of people like this that make me proud of my vote. i really hope this lady gets her last wish!

BIG WORM
10-20-2008, 12:09 AM
I saw this too.
Someone must have brainwashed her...
Could it have been the LIBERAL MEDIA???

Kevykev
10-20-2008, 08:46 AM
Bless her heart!

BanginJimmy
10-20-2008, 03:59 PM
all I got from that video is that she is voting for Obama becuse he is black

AlanŽ
10-20-2008, 04:14 PM
I got a little bit more out of it than that but i would hope that she voted for him for more than that reason alone.

stephen
10-20-2008, 05:06 PM

that's all i expected ppl like you to get from it.

Kevykev
10-20-2008, 05:27 PM

A lot of people will only get the superficial part of it. If you start to think about how the turn of the century was in terms of civil rights maybe that'll help you to understand. You don't have to be black to realize that. Think about it, this woman was born in 1902 or so, black people were barely allowed to vote then although the law was passed in 1870, it was still not easy getting to the polls (use your imagination).

even RedGt gets it, i think. LoL

BanginJimmy
10-21-2008, 03:46 PM
that's all i expected ppl like you to get from it.

people like me huh? I guess that makes you a racist.

All she kept going on about was how she was so glad to be voting for a black man for president. I know she lived throgh some of the darkest days of our country, but those days passed about 40 years ago. If she hasnt been able to move on by now then she is no better than the ignorant rednecks of the KKK.

stephen
10-21-2008, 07:51 PM
people like me huh? I guess that makes you a racist.

All she kept going on about was how she was so glad to be voting for a black man for president. I know she lived throgh some of the darkest days of our country, but those days passed about 40 years ago. If she hasnt been able to move on by now then she is no better than the ignorant rednecks of the KKK.

lol, i'm a racist for telling it like it is? ok.

let me break it down into terms you might understand....
PEOPLE LIKE YOU = PEOPLE WHO CAN'T RELATE

to compare her to the KKK is just ignorant. let's take a 40yr old woman, who was raped and beaten by her father for the first 18yrs of her life. if she has disdain for her father (or men in general), would you say she's no better than her father for not getting over it?

ok, so those days passed about 40yrs ago....how old was she 40yrs ago? i'll tell you, 68. so for the first 68yrs of her life she was never able to vote, run for a political office, drink from the same water fountain as whites, sit in the front of a bus, go to school with white ppl, and her kids, mother, father, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, friends, etc. experienced the same thing because of their skin color. finally, after 106yrs of living...she may have the opportunity to see a black man become president. how does being able to see and enjoy an advancement in CIVIL rights make her ignorant?

you made a post a few weeks ago stating that "ppl don't know what i go through...." and i felt compassion and could relate to what you were saying. i even attempting to provide you with a few positive words of advice. lately, it seems more like you're living up to all of those things you were ever accused of, and wearing your ignorance on your sleeve. i took you to be one of the more "intelligent & respectable" individuals on this site...maybe i'm wrong. for me to even have to explain this to you is ridiculous.

DrivenMind
10-21-2008, 08:22 PM
You can't trust anyone who's proud to own any modern American car. (with the exception of a Corvette, but they can shady too.)

alpine_aw11
10-21-2008, 08:32 PM
You can't trust anyone who's proud to own any modern American car. (with the exception of a Corvette, but they can shady too.)

WTF? lol.

The vid is blocked but from what I read, she deserves to be proud. There is nothing wrong with black people being proud of finally getting a good presidential candidate, but imo there is something wrong with voting for Obama strictly because he is black. I would definitely give her a pass though, that woman has probably gone through shit that us suburban white boys would never experience. If she's happy to see Obama advancing himself then that's perfectly fine and no one can take that away from her.