PDA

View Full Version : Need some help from my Honda faithful

Game2954
09-06-2005, 12:14 PM
I had what most alcholics call a moment of clarity. I have decided to sell my Civic and try to buy an used S2000. (I will now put my flame suit on). It is more of a DD for me and RWD appeal is too much to resist. Before I truly crossover to the backside, I just wanted to get some feedback on the S2K. I know for sure that I should get one that will not have clutch issues in the soon to near future (I heard that they arereally expensive like a grand or so). I am going to buy it hopefully in 5-6 months so I will have enough to buy it outright. Let me know what you think..

sprix!
09-08-2005, 09:53 AM
I think you are definitely going in the right direction. My s2k is my daily beater, and I couldn't be more happy. I had 1 civic, and then I went through 2 preludes, and ended up here. Its fun, but still practical. There are some things that would take some getting used to though... From having a Prelude, I had no usable back seat, so going to a 2 seater is not that big a deal for me. If you like lugging stuff around with you- you better get used to rentals or asking a friend with a truck to help you out. But really- how many times do u need to move a sofa? lol.
Its cool having a real limited production/import car. So many imports are actually built in the US nowadays.
But the #1 thing you need to do is take one for a real test drive. For some- this is the straw tha tbreaks the camel's back. Alot of people think it looks great or sounds good on paper, but when they drive it, they hate it. Some say it's too peaky, or high strung. I would have to say I disagree with someone who said its smooth, IMO its not. If you can deal with a super hyper car, go for it. I love mine... but wait.... don't get it...I like being exclusive....

sprix!
09-08-2005, 09:57 AM
Oh yeah- maintenance and everything is going to be considerably more on an s2k compared to your civic, but its just as dependable as the civic, and not bad on gas either....lol. I get about 26 average (even with heavy vtec sessions). Don't worry about a clutch unless you just suck at driving a stick....

civic95
09-08-2005, 12:45 PM
They are a great cars, just don't expect to be blown away in the power department unless you like to rev high.

Negrodamus
09-08-2005, 11:13 PM
As longs as its not a 240,evo or wrx GREAT choice!!!!!!!!! s2k woot woot

ash7
09-09-2005, 01:35 AM
good choice!

Vortec makes a very nice supercharging kit for the S2k. If you're buying it outright in a few months, I'd look into that.

Game2954
09-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Wow thanks for all the feed back. As for space with the seats I have in the Civic now it feels like a 2 seater. I just want something that doesn't attract alot of attention but is still cool. (the civic has been broken into twice already in 6 months.. Thank God for car alarms!!) And I really never rev high, my friend look at me funny when I say that I never revved my Civic past 6000 rpm. I normally stay in the 3000-4500 range, it feels like home there. Thankfully I will never have to worry about lugging furniture and stuff, my dad has an Armada!

sprix!
09-20-2005, 09:52 AM
So how goes the search- have you made any progress towards your new car?

Game2954
09-27-2005, 12:05 PM
sorry no progress as of yet..I am replacing the transmission in the Civic before I sell it. I was going to replace it with a LS tranny :crazy: but decided to go with a GSR transmission.