PDA

View Full Version : Misc Making a west coast style CD

Maniacc
10-18-2008, 01:12 PM
So far I have some stuff from; Ice Cube, Eazy E, the Game, Mack 10, and Snoop dogg.

Anyone know anymore rappers that have a simlier style to the others that I've already listed? I'm not that into WC music which is why I'm askin'.

TIGERJC
10-18-2008, 01:22 PM
NO 2 PAC and NWA????

Maniacc
10-18-2008, 01:26 PM
NO 2 PAC and NWA????I'm not that familier with NWA or 2pac. But if you can name some good songs from them I'll look 'em up and see how I like them.

TIGERJC
10-18-2008, 01:30 PM
warrend g, nate dog

I am not doing the research u lazy ass mex

quickdodgeŽ
10-18-2008, 01:31 PM
So far I have some stuff from; Ice Cube, Eazy E, the Game, Mack 10, and Snoop dogg.

Anyone know anymore rappers that have a simlier style to the others that I've already listed? I'm not that into WC music which is why I'm askin'.

Maniac, maniac, Maniac....

Why didn't you come to the number one source for Best Coast love?

DJ Quik - Born and Raised In Compton
Compton's Most Wanted - One Time's Gaffled Em Up
Da Lynch Mob - Guerillas in the Mist
Above the Law - VSOP or Living Like Hustlers
The DOC - It's Funky Enough
Spice 1 - 187 Proof
South Central Cartel - Ya Getz Clowned
Lady of Rage - Afro Puffs

Plus many others by those same artists and more. You need more? Hit me up. Later, QD.

Maniacc
10-18-2008, 01:32 PM
Warren G's Regulate is a badass song! Don't know about Nate Dog. Haha, you're such a bitch, Julian. :D Give me some good shit from nwa... that's all I want from you.

1439/2000
10-18-2008, 01:33 PM
Ice T, Cypress Hill, Hieroglyphics, Souls of Mischief... it goes on and on

Maniacc
10-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Maniac, maniac, Maniac....

Why didn't you come to the number one source for Best Coast love?

DJ Quik - Born and Raised In Compton
Compton's Most Wanted - One Time's Gaffled Em Up
Da Lynch Mob - Guerillas in the Mist
Above the Law - VSOP or Living Like Hustlers
The DOC - It's Funky Enough
Spice 1 - 187 Proof
South Central Cartel - Ya Getz Clowned
Lady of Rage - Afro Puffs

Plus many others by those same artists and more. You need more? Hit me up. Later, QD.
Dope. Preciate it, Mike.

Maniacc
10-18-2008, 01:35 PM
Ice T, Cypress Hill, Hieroglyphics, Souls of Mischief... it goes on and onNoted. Thanks...

TIGERJC
10-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Is ice t from cali?

quickdodgeŽ
10-18-2008, 01:45 PM

Ice T would be Colors, 6 in the Morning, I'm Your Pusher.

Souls of Mischief's only real good track was '93 Til Infinity. You may not know this but Souls is actually part of Hieroglyphics, which also included Del the Funkee Homosapien. These were more of a hip hop type group than the rest. West Coast isn't really known for hip hop music as it is for "gangsta" shit.

There are plenty more, but not really worth checking into as the ones I listed above. Besides Ice T.

You also have King T, Digital Underground, Hi-C, Celly Cel, Sir Mix-A-lot, Too Short. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
10-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Is ice t from cali?

Just like Dr. Dre and 2Pac....no. They all hail from the Northeast part of the USA. He moved to South Central LA at about 10 years old. Later, QD.

1439/2000
10-18-2008, 01:56 PM
Is ice t from cali?

I mean he moved there when he was little but his style is the OG gangster west coast style.

I recommend Midnight, OG, Colors, 6 in the morning, 99 problems (yeah that was his)

Sir Mix a Lot one of the best bass songs of all time - Posse on Broadway. I wore out many a subwoofer to that one.

1439/2000
10-18-2008, 01:57 PM
double post

Also Jurassic 5, MC Hammer (please hammer don't hurt em), Tone Loc, Too $hort, and dont forget JJ Fad. lol

Echonova
10-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Sir Mix a Lot one of the best bass songs of all time - Posse on Broadway. I wore out many a subwoofer to that one.X2

1MP0RTL0V3R
10-18-2008, 02:09 PM
if you like latin rap theres Califa Thugs, Mr. Shadow, Mr. Sancho, Lil Rob, Ms. Sancha, theres a lot more

Maniacc
10-18-2008, 02:47 PM
if you like latin rap theres Califa Thugs, Mr. Shadow, Mr. Sancho, Lil Rob, Ms. Sancha, theres a lot morelmfao, I haven't listened to any them since I was in middle school. Man, they bring back a lot of memories. But this time I'm just stickin' with english lyrics.

quickdodgeŽ
10-18-2008, 03:19 PM
if you like latin rap theres Califa Thugs, Mr. Shadow, Mr. Sancho, Lil Rob, Ms. Sancha, theres a lot more

Lolol @ them. Later, QD.

JackMaster
10-18-2008, 03:34 PM
Ice T- New Jack Hustler is his best song
Pharcyde
MC Eight
AMG

cactusEG
10-18-2008, 03:40 PM
too short

quickdodgeŽ
10-18-2008, 03:48 PM
Ice T- New Jack Hustler is his best song
Pharcyde
MC Eight
AMG

Ice T is already listed. As is Mc EIHT (correct spelling - remember the famous D Quik line in a diss to CMW, "you left out the G cuz the G ain't in you").

Pharcyde falls into the same category as Hieroglyphics. More of alternative, underground hip hop. They had a couple of good tracks as well.

AMG, lolol. Bitch Betta Have My money. That was his only hit.

Cactus, I threw Too Short in there already. he has quite a track list to choose from. Later, QD.

cactusEG
10-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Ice T is already listed. As is Mc EIHT (correct spelling - remember the famous D Quik line in a diss to CMW, "you left out the G cuz the G ain't in you").

Pharcyde falls into the same category as Hieroglyphics. More of alternative, underground hip hop. They had a couple of good tracks as well.

AMG, lolol. Bitch Betta Have My money. That was his only hit.

Cactus, I threw Too Short in there already. he has quite a track list to choose from. Later, QD.

My bad. Didnt see it...

Maniacc
10-18-2008, 04:08 PM
So far I have;

Eazy E- Real muthaphuckin' G's
The Game - Doctors Advocate
The Game & Lil Wayne - My life
Mack 10 - Foe life
DJ Quik - Born and raised in compton
Warren G - Regulate

I have some more but these are the ones I'm gonna put in a CD.

I'm helping my dad and uncle paint our house so I'll continue looking for more later. But if anyone knows songs that are dope post them up. Rapper names are all good and stuff but I'm just looking for songs at the moment. As long as you can smoke to them and relate to them, then they're alright in my book.

quickdodgeŽ
10-18-2008, 04:38 PM
WC and The Madd Circle - Dress Code this is WC from Westside Connect Gang

Later, QD.

1439/2000
10-19-2008, 08:36 AM
The actual songs you want

Ice T- OG (my personal fav of his)

Sir Mix a lot- Posse on Broadway

Souls of Mischief- Self titled

First saw this on Plan B's Virtual Reality skate video when I was a little kid.
link to the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4IweggnRUQ)

Del the Funkee homsapien- Catch a bad one
while we're on that do deltron 3030-positive contact
Thats del doing a little more pop but you'll recognize it

quickdodgeŽ
10-19-2008, 08:55 AM
The actual songs you want

Ice T- OG (my personal fav of his)

Sir Mix a lot- Posse on Broadway

Souls of Mischief- Self titled

First saw this on Plan B's Virtual Reality skate video when I was a little kid.
link to the video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4IweggnRUQ)

Del the Funkee homsapien- Catch a bad one
while we're on that do deltron 3030-positive contact
Thats del doing a little more pop but you'll recognize it

I've always liked using I'm Your Pusher as my Ice T track. I wouldn't include Sir Mix-A-Lot on a West Coast CD as I would on more of a bass type CD. He's too "pop-ish," if you know what I mean. Thanks to Baby Got Back.

The rest I would probably do if I were gathering a hip hop sound. I have a feeling that Alex is looking for more of a "gangsta" type CD.

A hip hop WC style CD, you'd do know better than some Del, Hiero, SOM, Paris, The Liks, Pharcyde, Murs, and even Blackalicious. Later, QD.