PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Interesting thought, import v domestic and police

m3dic8d
10-17-2008, 03:55 PM
Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that cops seem to be more lenient when you're in a domestic sports car than a import? Might just be coincidence, but they seem to let me off a lot more when I was in my Mustang versus never ever being let off in my Eclipse.

:eek:

RL...
10-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Considering I hardly ever speed in my max, because it stands out too much, and the fact that I've been speeding like a bat out of hell everywhere for the last week in a 09 chevy malibu I have yet to get pulled over....

I doubt that cops decide whether to pull you over based on a car's make, but....I've heard of cops doing things more stupid....

teh_mugen18
10-17-2008, 05:13 PM
I think it has to do with the cars in the area that are probably known for street racing, because back when i had a modded corolla, and a sunfire that was also modded, i NEVER got pulled over or anything even if i was blatently speeding. Since i got an Integra, i've been pulled over 14 times. The first 12 times being pulled were because of my custom tag taking so long to come in the mail from the dmv and the last one had to do with my exhaust being loud, and the one before that was me doing 65 in a 55...

m3dic8d
10-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Considering I hardly ever speed in my max, because it stands out too much, and the fact that I've been speeding like a bat out of hell everywhere for the last week in a 09 chevy malibu I have yet to get pulled over....

I doubt that cops decide whether to pull you over based on a car's make, but....I've heard of cops doing things more stupid....
I'm not so much saying they won't pull you over if you're in a certain car, moreso saying that they are more likely to let you off if you're in domestic because they see import and they think rice.

teh_mugen18
10-17-2008, 09:49 PM
lol a cop thinking "hmm RICE..."?:lmfao:

What about the non-rice imports?

m3dic8d
10-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Dude it's true, when I had my Mustang so many older guys would compliment me on it. My Eclipse, nothing and it wasn't rice at all.

Catnip
10-17-2008, 10:21 PM
I think Super Street came to this conclusion in '96?

teh_mugen18
10-17-2008, 11:09 PM
Dude it's true, when I had my Mustang so many older guys would compliment me on it. My Eclipse, nothing and it wasn't rice at all.

lol well then again, maybe that story might be the other way around if we happened to live in Japan? Cuz over there, Mitsubishi = the domestic, and the Mustang is the import...

just a random thought:2cents:

m3dic8d
10-17-2008, 11:36 PM
lol well then again, maybe that story might be the other way around if we happened to live in Japan? Cuz over there, Mitsubishi = the domestic, and the Mustang is the import...

just a random thought:2cents:
I didn't know they had traffic violations in japan I thought it was legal to race just like in Tokyo Drift... you know if you're going fast they don't pull you over.

SiKsTanG16
10-18-2008, 01:40 AM
I think its true... only because most of the cops are older guys and dont really understand or like the whole import scene.

Elbow
10-18-2008, 07:36 AM
Hell ya dawg da c0ps be hatin on our shit.

No for real, MOST cops are not like that. I have yet to experience it. And I drive everywhere. Some may pull over ricers more because of threads like these and NissanRic3r who say fuck da cops and stuff, or little ricey Hondas blaring around, they will more then likely be a dumb ass more then a domestic owner. That's the stereotype.

teh_mugen18
10-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Well, the only point that i was making is that the little ricers/imports that seem to get pulled over the most are the ones that look like cars that are built for street racing.

LeX
10-18-2008, 10:21 AM
or they pull over hispanics/latinos since we drive 4cyl loud imports

m3dic8d
10-18-2008, 10:33 AM
Hell ya dawg da c0ps be hatin on our shit.

No for real, MOST cops are not like that. I have yet to experience it. And I drive everywhere. Some may pull over ricers more because of threads like these and NissanRic3r who say fuck da cops and stuff, or little ricey Hondas blaring around, they will more then likely be a dumb ass more then a domestic owner. That's the stereotype.
I disagree. I've never had a cop to pull me over in my Eclipse when I was driving and compliment me on it, that happened twice in the Mustang. You think they gave me tickets when they complimented my car? lol, no.

I'm just saying when they like your car they seem more likely to be lenient on you, and most older guys grew up with muscle versus import

MS3ZZ
10-18-2008, 10:54 AM
drive a wagon and your chance of getting pulled over decrease dramatically.

amped4life33
10-18-2008, 11:03 AM
i really think it has to do with the amount of idiots that drive imports. Its safe to say that in MOST cases imports are less expensive to buy and less expensive to work on. It's also safe to say that the kind of person who would act like a fool in a car is USUALLY someone who requires cheap stuff...so if you put 2 and 2 together...there you have it...of course this doesnt always stand true...i mean there are plenty of idiots who drive domestics...and plenty of idiots with money....and any other scenario you may come up with...but it is safe to say that in MOST cases, what i said is pretty accurate.

amped4life33
10-18-2008, 11:07 AM
my last post may have come off sort of cocky and i didnt mean for it to..I dont mean to say that people who drive imports are all idiots. Im really just going on loose statistics...

The Creeper
10-18-2008, 11:18 AM
When I had a swapped 240 the cops ate me alive. between the gto and now the z06 for the past 3 years, i have yet to get a ticket, and my driving habits havent changed much. and before the 240 I had a fully restored 79' trans am, and cops would pull me over to look at it lol. cops hate imports.

LeX
10-18-2008, 11:19 AM
This is why it's nice to drive old japanese cars. Gives a different image. Especially old japanese wagons LOL if you have to drive import

tdurr
10-19-2008, 06:21 PM
i really think it has to do with the amount of idiots that drive imports. Its safe to say that in MOST cases imports are less expensive to buy and less expensive to work on. It's also safe to say that the kind of person who would act like a fool in a car is USUALLY someone who requires cheap stuff...so if you put 2 and 2 together...there you have it...of course this doesnt always stand true...i mean there are plenty of idiots who drive domestics...and plenty of idiots with money....and any other scenario you may come up with...but it is safe to say that in MOST cases, what i said is pretty accurate.

because if ur sig, ur argument is void. lol :D

but yea alot of ppl dick around in imports(usually they are loud ones too haha) while ppl with domestics dont do it as much. That is, untill you start talkn bout rednecks with ford+chevy trucks.... throw that into the equation and its about even...

RL...
10-19-2008, 07:19 PM

i get props from older ppl on my max...only twice though...

.blank cd
10-19-2008, 07:23 PM

but yea alot of ppl dick around in imports(usually they are loud ones too haha) while ppl with domestics dont do it as much. That is, untill you start talkn bout rednecks with ford+chevy trucks.... throw that into the equation and its about even...you shoulda seen his posts trying to justify street racing

.blank cd
10-19-2008, 07:24 PM

but yea alot of ppl dick around in imports(usually they are loud ones too haha) while ppl with domestics dont do it as much. That is, untill you start talkn bout rednecks with ford+chevy trucks.... throw that into the equation and its about even...you shoulda seen his posts tryin to justify street racing

VooDooXII
10-19-2008, 07:34 PM

Is it loud and/or does it have dark tint? I don't see how a Maxima would really "stand out" from any other bread and butter sedan on the road.

.blank cd
10-19-2008, 07:45 PM
Is it loud and/or does it have dark tint? I don't see how a Maxima would really "stand out" from any other bread and butter sedan on the road.he stands out cause hes probably drunk, weaving all over the road

cactusEG
10-20-2008, 09:22 AM

MORON ! ! I've seen ricers in mustakes ! Dont matter what u drive...

amped4life33
10-20-2008, 10:02 AM
because if ur sig, ur argument is void. lol

but yea alot of ppl dick around in imports(usually they are loud ones too haha) while ppl with domestics dont do it as much. That is, untill you start talkn bout rednecks with ford+chevy trucks.... throw that into the equation and its about even...

It was an old back road and it was just for the picture...I have enough sense not to act like that regularly...

MORON ! ! I've seen ricers in mustakes ! Dont matter what u drive...

dude, i dont care what you have to say about my posts, or whether you agree or disagree...but dont even start on mustangs if you drive a civic...

87 Turbo II
10-20-2008, 08:47 PM
I second the old Japanese sports car thing, young cops love it just because it looks like something their dad drove and the older cops had a friend who bought one new etc.

Why does this thread keep saying old guys love blah blah? Since when are all cops these pasty old prunes?

m3dic8d
10-20-2008, 09:48 PM
I second the old Japanese sports car thing, young cops love it just because it looks like something their dad drove and the older cops had a friend who bought one new etc.

Why does this thread keep saying old guys love blah blah? Since when are all cops these pasty old prunes?
Because most cops are in their thirties and most of us calling them old are early 20's :)

87 Turbo II
10-20-2008, 09:56 PM
Because most cops are in their thirties and most of us calling them old are early 20's :)
I'm 18 and I don't call people in their 30s old, I don't call them young, but not old either.

m3dic8d
10-20-2008, 10:04 PM
I'm 18 and I don't call people in their 30s old, I don't call them young, but not old either.
Middle aged is old to me...it's all relative

yungdz
10-20-2008, 11:38 PM
I get props from older ppl AND cops on the Subaru. Although I've been pulled over a few times for faulty lights (tag, tail) the cop was always cool and usually talked about the car with me.

I agree I think a cop is more viable to pull over a civic with a loud fart can before a nicely done v8 domestic.

Terror
10-21-2008, 12:22 AM

Yeah, cause that family sedan stands out SOO much the cops notice it everywhere it goes. :gay: good thing you werent driving that beast of a max when you were driving home drunk fuck head. :rolleyes:

Terror
10-21-2008, 12:23 AM
And i havent noticed any difference between driving an import as opposed to a domestic.

m3dic8d
10-21-2008, 10:08 AM
And i havent noticed any difference between driving an import as opposed to a domestic.
I find that hard to believe especially in a red convertible lol. When I had my red convertible Eclipse cops pulled me by for just driving by them ha