PDA

View Full Version : Why is being Muslim considered evil?

tony
10-17-2008, 11:07 AM
About 5 of my friends growing up, 2 of them good friends were Muslim. Every religion has radicals. Hitler justified his actions through Christianity. Catholics who blow up Abortion Clinics aren't referred to as terrorists.

Islam is a peaceful religion from my understanding and through my interraction with various people. I roll my eyes every time I hear someone say something deragatory about being Muslim.

I do know the obvious with 9/11, but those individuals do not speak for an entire religion. So why is it considered so bad to be Muslim?

alpine_aw11
10-17-2008, 11:09 AM
Because people are stupid. People don't realize that most religions, including their precious Christianity, are inherently violent. People use that in extreme fashion to commit violent acts on behalf of their religions. Christianity and Islam alike have caused plenty of wars and deaths because of extreme followers.

mocha latte cupcake
10-17-2008, 11:11 AM
muslims in my pov aren't anyone different. however, when people think muslim then they immediately seem to go to jihadist and what not even though its only a certain % of the muslim community that share that mind set and what not.

as a christian welcome to my stereo type. we're all fanatics, screaming and yelling, we do our best to bomb abortion clinics, we bomb things in the name of jesus etc etc.

there are extremists in both groups so labeling a religion as bad is simply ignorant.

hitler was a twisted warped individual and was "cleansing his country" to create a super breed within the race. come on give me a break.

AirMax95
10-17-2008, 11:19 AM
People have a bad habit of generalizing EVERYTHING. 1 or 2 = ALL is the equation that comes to mind.

gtrmonkey
10-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Because of 9/11 uneducated people asscate that if your musilum then your a terrorist. That just people think.

It really ashame

EJ25RUN
10-17-2008, 11:22 AM
what was that video walker put up? That explains it to a T.

Kevykev
10-17-2008, 11:22 AM
Only because the media can fuel ignorance. We all experienced that 1st hand.

Ronsam2006
10-17-2008, 11:40 AM
People are so stupid, it's just flat out retarded now. When you said those individuals do not speak for the entire religion, sometimes it does give it a bad name. Combine the hatred for terrorists along with ignorant Americans and what do you have? A nice feel-good insulting session on Muslims.

Since the terrorists from 9/11 were Muslims, even till today, every ignorant American thinks that any Muslim (especially one who is religious) has something to do with 9/11 or some new terrorist activity.

If you don't know about it, pick up a newspaper or something, learn before you speak.

BobbyFresco
10-17-2008, 11:56 AM
What's ironic is that Christians and Jews have been the biggest "terrorists" through out history.

People are ignorant and like has been said before, there are extremists in every religion.

willum14pb
10-17-2008, 12:14 PM
omg you dont think muslim is terrorist?! YOU MUST BE A TERRORIST!!! KILL TONY!!!

People are just stupid. Since the 9/11 attacks were done by "muslims" muslim is now terrorist. lolololol.

Mchnhead2k5
10-17-2008, 12:16 PM
Christian Extremists: The Crusades, abortion clinic bombers
Islam Extremists: 9/11 Terrorists
Hindu Extremists: Assassination of Gandhi was done by one

I could list more and more...

Ronsam: I agree with learning about something before you speak, I just don't think the newspaper is the way to go.

BanginJimmy
10-17-2008, 12:19 PM
When people are faced with terrorism 99% is committed by radical Muslims. Its a bad stereotype, but in this day and age, it fits. Very few American Muslims fall into that catagory because of the fact that most people are pretty well educated compared to the middle east and therefore the teachings are moderate. In the middle east, the populous is pretty much uneducated and a radical imam can put any interpretation on any verse he likes.

AlanŽ
10-17-2008, 12:30 PM
About 5 of my friends growing up, 2 of them good friends were Muslim. Every religion has radicals. Hitler justified his actions through Christianity. Catholics who blow up Abortion Clinics aren't referred to as terrorists.

Islam is a peaceful religion from my understanding and through my interraction with various people. I roll my eyes every time I hear someone say something deragatory about being Muslim.

I do know the obvious with 9/11, but those individuals do not speak for an entire religion. So why is it considered so bad to be Muslim?
I concur. It never ceases to amaze how ignorant some people can act.

Spektrewing386
10-17-2008, 12:57 PM
whats even more funny is how stupid the radicals for religion are. like, will it even cross their mind that maybe killing thousands of innocent people isnt what god wants? kind of goes against what god might want. to me it doesnt matter if you follow jesus or mohammed or the flying spagetti monster, if you live a life of love and do good actions are have a good heart and are ethical.... even if your athiest and do that... then you are a better person than a "religious" person who doesnt do those things.

Ronsam2006
10-17-2008, 03:55 PM
I can bet that when mentioned the word "terrorist", 70% or so Americans will picture Bin Laden or someone who looks like him lol.

EJ25RUN
10-17-2008, 03:57 PM
Jews have been the biggest "terrorists" through out history.

How is that? Last time i vhecked more people hate jews than any other group.

flak_monkey
10-18-2008, 11:18 PM
whats even more funny is how stupid the radicals for religion are. like, will it even cross their mind that maybe killing thousands of innocent people isnt what god wants? kind of goes against what god might want. to me it doesnt matter if you follow jesus or mohammed or the flying spagetti monster, if you live a life of love and do good actions are have a good heart and are ethical.... even if your athiest and do that... then you are a better person than a "religious" person who doesnt do those things.
C'mon. More people have been killed in the name of god than for any other reason. It must be what he (white male god) wants. :2up:

metalman
10-19-2008, 07:22 AM

It has more to do with timing then anything. The fact is, whenever you CURRENTLY see a suicide bomber or some other brainwashed asshole doing a murderous deed chances are it's someone identified as "muslim"...or who claims to be one. The problem facing decent muslims is that their religion has come to be related with terrorists and/or violent behaviour.
That is the time in which we live.

In the middle ages it would have been catholic bishops & priests stretching real christians they called 'heretics' on the rack and burning them at the stake etc.

As for Hitler, youre correct, not only did he use his warped view of christianity to justify his position, he, and others in the third reich, were obviously influenced by their catholic connections and roots. Anti antisemitism runs very deeply within the core of catholic dogma/practice....even though your typical catholic parishioner may not even be aware of that or feel that way personally. The most violent language I have seen printed in reference to jews can be found within books written by catholic 'saints', books which still carry the sacred seal of approval by the vatican.

I would view anyone who blows up an abortion clinic to be a terrorist, whether they are catholic or pentecostal or whatever, and I have heard the media call them the same. The word terrorist however currently tends to be synonymous with 'muslim' in the mind of the public...and that unfortunately is what decent peaceful muslims must overcome.

Brick
10-19-2008, 08:42 AM
I agree that each religion has caused it's number of terrorists acts and deaths without reason. However, Muslims have been responsible for much more than just 9/11 in recent past.

Muslims are just the overwhelming terrorists of current history...as Christians were in earlier times.

BIG WORM
10-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Actually there are 2 types of Muslims.

The first being the Sunni Muslims. They are more peaceful and keep to them selves.
(of course there is always an "exception," so don't start)

The other are the Shia Muslims, they are the radical Muslims you hear about that kill "for the love of Allah." This is where the "terrorist" come from, they often hate/kill others that don't believe what they believe, (including the Sunni.) Kind of like the early Roman Catholic Church during the Medieval Period.

That is not where the controversy is. The controversy is the fact that Muslims and Jews Hate each other. Mostly over who deserves the Holy Land. Despite the fact that most of there beliefs are the same.

"Holy Land" is where Jews believe King Solomon built the first temple.
also where Mohamed ascended into Heaven and returned with the Koran, the Muslim Bible equivalent. (ever seen Kingdom of Heaven?)

The funny thing about all of it, is that an educated Muslim or Jew, both look down upon Christians. They both recognize Jesus as a great Prophet, but that's where it ends. Neither believe in the "Trinity." However Muslims, Jews, and Christians all have the same basic view over the Old Testament. The Koran and the Bible are quite alike in many ways. Basically Muslims and Jewish people believe in the Old Testament God/Allah, and Christians believe in the Trinity, (Jesus was God in the form of man)

Now the recent debate is whether Obama is a Muslim or not. It is stated that he has a Muslim past, but now he claims to be a Christian (America's most popular religion)
Did he do it for a few extra votes? This scares many people, because if he is a radical Muslim and hates Jewish people and causes problems with our strongest ally Israel, we could be on the verge of a second Holocaust.

I could go on for days. I am not a Muslim nor a Jew so no offense if some of my logic is slightly incorrect. In the long run I believe that the belief that there is a higher power is the way to go, but don't just believe it, have faith and practice your beliefs. And ask yourself if anything else really matters in the long run. It's the athiest idiots like MEEPORK that need to be worried. Others please debate.

BIG WORM
10-24-2008, 04:05 PM
bump for education

GTScoob
10-24-2008, 07:46 PM
Well Bin Laden did issue a fatwa stating that it is every muslim's duty to allah to commit jihad on the west. I think his statement came out around 1996 or so, way before 9/11 ever occurred.

Religions dont kill people, people kill people. Stalin killed just as many of his own countrymen as Hitler did and he was against all organized religion. The fact is that people get an ideology into their mind and use it as justification for their means and end. They create rhetoric to support their ideals and find individuals with weak minds and moral fibers to corrupt and brainwash.

When you factor in the effects that emotions have on rational thought you get ignorant people stereotyping minorities.

You also need to realize the history of the situation; a lot of militant muslims are not only angry at western intrusion into their affairs post WWII with the creation of Israel but also with further intervention throughout the 70s. US-friendly governments supported by covert CIA operations, US funded revolutions, etc.

BadassVic
10-24-2008, 07:50 PM
We are all people. and Im muslim. :) Im not Evil. lol