PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: MCCAIN/PALIN SUPPORTERS

BKgen®
10-17-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm not a McCain supporter and I'm not necessarily an Obama supporter either, but something has been on my mind for a while now. Here's my concern -- McCain is going on 80 years old, and has already had a few cancerous spots removed, not to mention the other health problems he's had. In my opinion, there's a very high possibility that, if elected, McCain may not survive his first term in office due to medical complications... which brings me to my question: Providing something were to happen to John McCain, how can you willingly elect a vice president with as little experience as Palin has, knowing that she would be the one to lead our country?

1439/2000
10-17-2008, 07:49 AM
Providing something were to happen to John McCain, how can you willingly elect a vice president with as little experience as Palin has, knowing that she would be the one to lead our country?

I guess as willingly as electing a president with as little experience as Obama.

BKgen®
10-17-2008, 08:01 AM
OK, so Obama is somewhat less experienced than McCain, but the difference between Obama's qualifications and Palin's are night and day IMO. Sure, Obama was only a state legislator and senator, but let's look at Palin's experience: Governor of Alaska for two years and a former mayor of Wasilla -- oh wait, she was on the PTA too. I don't feel comfortable leaving our country in the control of someone as unfamiliar with the ways of Washington as she is.

Mike Lowrey
10-17-2008, 08:02 AM
I guess as willingly as electing a president with as little experience as Obama.

x1,000,000

That is exactly what I was going to say.

Why do people gloss over the fact that Obama has little to no experience, yet will put down Palin for it.

Mike Lowrey
10-17-2008, 08:03 AM
OK, so Obama is somewhat less experienced than McCain, but the difference between Obama's qualifications and Palin's are night and day IMO. Sure, Obama was only a state legislator and senator, but let's look at Palin's experience: Governor of Alaska for two years and a former mayor of Wasilla -- oh wait, she was on the PTA too.

Understatement of the century....Nice :goodjob:

BKgen®
10-17-2008, 08:14 AM
So when either of the two presidential candidates are elected, and if either of them happens to die -- for whatever reason -- you would honestly feel safe with a soccer mom as your president as opposed to senator Biden?

i'm still waiting for you people to show some actual logic here, as opposed to the resounding "well Obama isn't experienced either" comment. get real.

Mike Lowrey
10-17-2008, 08:30 AM
So when either of the two presidential candidates are elected, and if either of them happens to die -- for whatever reason -- you would honestly feel safe with a soccer mom as your president as opposed to senator Biden?

i'm still waiting for you people to show some actual logic here, as opposed to the resounding "well Obama isn't experienced either" comment. get real.

You are the one who is lost for logic.......

1. Elect Obama who has little experience
2. Elect McCain who has lots of experience

People like to throw this age thing in there to sway peoples thoughts. The fact remains that McCain vs. Obama with respect to experience is a no-brainer win for McCain. Trying to say he may die tomorrow does not change that.

Mike Lowrey
10-17-2008, 08:32 AM

I would personally see it as an upgrade if Biden were to come into office had something happened to Obama.

BKgen®
10-17-2008, 08:35 AM
You are the one who is lost for logic.......

1. Elect Obama who has little experience
2. Elect McCain who has lots of experience

People like to throw this age thing in there to sway peoples thoughts. The fact remains that McCain vs. Obama with respect to experience is a no-brainer win for McCain. Trying to say he may die tomorrow does not change that.

This is a more of a question of qualifications as opposed to a question of McCain's age. What are Palin's qualifications? Being governer of a sleepy state with poplulation smaller than that of most major US cities where nothing happens? Don't kid yourself -- McCain has been through a lot, it wouldn't be far fetched at all to think he may not make it through his first term.

BKgen®
10-17-2008, 08:36 AM
I would personally see it as an upgrade if Biden were to come into office had something happened to Obama.

Exactly my point. Just as much of a DOWNGRADE it would be if Palin were to come into office.

Mike Lowrey
10-17-2008, 08:40 AM
Exactly my point. Just as much of a DOWNGRADE it would be if Palin were to come into office.

OK, than what are the chances of each presidential candidate passing away?

McCain higher then Obama

So under that logic if we vote in McCain, we have a POSSABILITY of getting Palin. If we vote in Obama, we have almost no chance at getting Biden. :goodjob:

Only looking at one side of the coin FTL.

BKgen®
10-17-2008, 08:41 AM
OK, than what are the chances of each presidential candidate passing away?

McCain higher then Obama

So under that logic if we vote in McCain, we have a POSSABILITY of getting Palin. If we vote in Obama, we have almost no chance at getting Biden. :goodjob:.

Only looking at one side of the coin FTL.

Talk about looking at one side of the coin... you must've missed the incedent a couple months ago where a couple extremist rednecks made an attempt at Obama's life? And he hasn't even been elected yet! I'd say there's just as much of a chance for Obama to get assassinated as there is for McCain to become ill.

4dmin
10-17-2008, 08:45 AM
it is kinda a mute arguement w/ the right on this...

they think a 70+ yr old man is more in touch w/ todays issues then a guy 30 years younger.... they also think 2 year governor of a state w/ the population less then gwinnett county who has never worked in washington has more experience then a guy who has taught/practiced constitutional law and has worked in washington (who is also backed up by another old ass fucker).

dissect it as you will thats the truth. i'm sorry but i wouldn't give my grandfather my check book to balance.

tony
10-17-2008, 10:18 AM
I was wondering how long it would take for a question that has nothing to do with Obama would become centered around him. Didn't take long at all.

tony
10-17-2008, 10:22 AM
The dead end for this experience question of Palin vs. Obama for me..

Put Palin at the starting line of the democratic primaries vs. Joe Biden, Dennis Kucinich, Bill Richardson, Chris Dodd, oh yeah.. Hillary Clinton. Let her run an effective campaign from the very beginning to become the nominee of her party and have a viable chance against John McCain.

How a candidate runs their campaign is very telling in how they will run the country. I think I have much more faith in Obama's abilities than Palin.

Deke
10-17-2008, 10:30 AM
While I do agree with the concern of the OP...

http://coreygilmore.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/beating_a_dead_horse.jpg

gtrmonkey
10-17-2008, 10:47 AM
I am not try to start a fight but you could say your voting for the Vp with Obama too.
The likely hood of obama getting shot is very high. Due to the fact he was raised Muslim, and is friend with a domestic terrorist. I hate to say it there is still alot of racist in america. Look at all of the U.S Leaders that have gotten shot, (not only president) Most of them were trying to bring peace and change.

Alan®
10-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I'm not a McCain supporter and I'm not necessarily an Obama supporter either, but something has been on my mind for a while now. Here's my concern -- McCain is going on 80 years old, and has already had a few cancerous spots removed, not to mention the other health problems he's had. In my opinion, there's a very high possibility that, if elected, McCain may not survive his first term in office due to medical complications... which brings me to my question: Providing something were to happen to John McCain, how can you willingly elect a vice president with as little experience as Palin has, knowing that she would be the one to lead our country?
Brandon,

Your question is a legitimate one. This has been discussed before and of course I'll get flamed out of existance here but here is my opinion. JFK was the youngest president ever elected and he didn't make it through his first term. Granted yes he did take one(or two :ninja: )to the head but the simple fact of the matter is there are things outside of our control. Of course the counter argument to this is that we have one thing in our control and that is the ability to elect someone who isn't 80. But age should not be the single most determining factor in who you decide to vote. IMHO take the age factor out of the equation and make your decision. As far as Palin goes. I know someone that was an advisor to her (and of course I'll get flamed out of existince for this as well) but contrary to popular opinion and what most have seen in the media, Palin is very smart and a quick learner. I won't even get into the whole who has more experience her or Obama because this argument has been discussed a million times. Anyways hope this helps.

Vteckidd
10-17-2008, 12:43 PM
Again there is 2 sides to the coin.

If we are talking about PURE VP vs VP, on Paper, Biden Hands Down. In Policy, BIden Hands DOwn. Hes got the years, experieince, work ethic , etc.

If we are talking about is PALIN Experienced enough to be president, majority of people will say no. But you cant single her out lets look at the whole ticket. Biden vs Mccain would have been a better arguement as they have alot of time in the senate together. OBama has ZERO Executive experience, and was a Senator for 2 YEARS. Palin was a Governor for 2 YEARS.

To me Palin is just as experienced as Obama, with Obama MAYBE getting the edge because hes been in Washington.

You cannot Criticize Alaska, most of you have NO CLUE how strategic AK is to the USA. Tourism, Oil, National Security, etc. Its a state, and she was governor, thats all that matters. If you want to pick her apart, then you should say in the same breath that Obama was a senator for 2 years before he decided to run for PRESIDENT.

You guys do know that Bill CLinton was Governor of ARKANSAS RIGHT? with NO EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE. How come he gets a pass?

You do know Ronald Reagan was only a governor of California too right before he wont the presidency.

THe point im making is this, if you are going to argue how PALIN has NO EXPERIENCE and shes not fit to be president, even though shes only a VP Candidate, you HAVE to accept the criticism that Obama, is running for president, and has the same experience as her.

You cant argue one and not the other. you may want to, because it makes the argument in your favor, but if you think about it rationally, both sides have almost identical strenghts an weakneses.

Revmaynard
10-17-2008, 12:52 PM
Again there is 2 sides to the coin.

If we are talking about PURE VP vs VP, on Paper, Biden Hands Down. In Policy, BIden Hands DOwn. Hes got the years, experieince, work ethic , etc.

If we are talking about is PALIN Experienced enough to be president, majority of people will say no. But you cant single her out lets look at the whole ticket. Biden vs Mccain would have been a better arguement as they have alot of time in the senate together. OBama has ZERO Executive experience, and was a Senator for 2 YEARS. Palin was a Governor for 2 YEARS.

To me Palin is just as experienced as Obama, with Obama MAYBE getting the edge because hes been in Washington.

You cannot Criticize Alaska, most of you have NO CLUE how strategic AK is to the USA. Tourism, Oil, National Security, etc. Its a state, and she was governor, thats all that matters. If you want to pick her apart, then you should say in the same breath that Obama was a senator for 2 years before he decided to run for PRESIDENT.

You guys do know that Bill CLinton was Governor of ARKANSAS RIGHT? with NO EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE. How come he gets a pass?

You do know Ronald Reagan was only a governor of California too right before he wont the presidency.

THe point im making is this, if you are going to argue how PALIN has NO EXPERIENCE and shes not fit to be president, even though shes only a VP Candidate, you HAVE to accept the criticism that Obama, is running for president, and has the same experience as her.

You cant argue one and not the other. you may want to, because it makes the argument in your favor, but if you think about it rationally, both sides have almost identical strenghts an weakneses.

I completely agree with this post. I'd rather have a inexperienced VP over a inexperienced president any day.

rrutter81
10-17-2008, 12:58 PM
http://www.unitedliberty.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/obama_hood2.png

obama will probably be popped anyway.

mccain old age.

looking really at biden vs palin. Either way i want rommney.

BKgen®
10-17-2008, 01:12 PM
good post mr. kidd.

I still don't have faith in her to be interim president though, God forbid should that day come.

Vteckidd
10-17-2008, 01:25 PM
good post mr. kidd.

I still don't have faith in her to be interim president though, God forbid should that day come.
and thats perfectly fine, thats your opinion and we cant argue opinion.

I will be honest and i dread the day Obama has to make a decision on a major crisis, even Palin.

but one part of me says, they will have enough competent people around them, and these are smart people (whether you like their policies or not) i trust them to make the right choice

rrutter81
10-17-2008, 01:28 PM
and thats perfectly fine, thats your opinion and we cant argue opinion.

I will be honest and i dread the day Obama has to make a decision on a major crisis, even Palin.

but one part of me says, they will have enough competent people around them, and these are smart people (whether you like their policies or not) i trust them to make the right choice

lol not likely with nazi pelosi as speaker.

just pray we dont have a crisis within 2 years of inauguration so we can kick out the single digit approved, congressional, granola munching, solar powered, motor-scooter driving, disney fluffballs.

/rant

heh

1439/2000
10-17-2008, 04:06 PM
OK, so Obama is somewhat less experienced than McCain, .

Somewhat? McCain was in pit in Vietnam longer than Obama has been a senator. McCain has been in politics after the war since the 70's.

What was Obama doing back then? Oh yeah, being a dopehead.

alpine_aw11
10-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Palin as president scares the ever living shit out of me. Even more so than Obama. What McCain was smoking when he picked her could probably net him more money than actually winning the presidency. It's not the argument of experience, seeing Obama only has a very slight edge over her and he's actually going to be pres. It's the fact that she's totally incompetent. She hasn't excelled in any interview or debate. Think about it, all people said she had to do in order to win the debate with Biden was not completely fall on her face. That's a pretty good indication of how much she really knows. She isn't ready to be VP, and she will never be ready to be the president.

SPOOLIN
10-17-2008, 10:49 PM
if she were a man no one would be having this conversation, end of dispute. Women just don't know how to bull shit passed the real answer and that's all it is.

okra1981
10-18-2008, 01:51 AM
"You cannot Criticize Alaska, most of you have NO CLUE how strategic AK is to the USA. Tourism, Oil, National Security, etc. Its a state, and she was governor, thats all that matters. If you want to pick her apart, then you should say in the same breath that Obama was a senator for 2 years before he decided to run for PRESIDENT.

You do know Ronald Reagan was only a governor of California too right before he wont the presidency." -Mr. Kidd

First off, wasn't Reagan a Governor for eight years, and he on the Board of Directors and eight years as president of SAG. So he had experience beyond the two year fluff that Palin boasts.
Clinton graduated from Yale Law School, ran McGovern's Presidential campaign in Texas, and was governor of Arkansas for eleven years.
As for Obama, he may have only spent "two years" in the U.S. Senate, which looks like almost four in my research, he also spent seven years in the Illinois State Senate. He also graduated with honors from Harvard Law School and put in a little time utilizing that degree.

Sarah Palin did spend six years as a mayor of a town of 11,000 poeple, which is around the size of a New Kids on the Block concert (Hangin' Tough days). She was also Governor of Alaska for almost two years, in which time she has broken the Ethics Act (reason:"Governor Palin knowingly permitted a situation to continue where impermissible pressure was placed on several subordinates in order to advance a personal agenda.") I mean, Clinton waited a little while before starting up with the breaking laws bit (I kind of hated him while he was in office, just can't imagine what Palin would be like).

tony
10-18-2008, 02:45 PM
"You cannot Criticize Alaska, most of you have NO CLUE how strategic AK is to the USA. Tourism, Oil, National Security, etc. Its a state, and she was governor, thats all that matters. If you want to pick her apart, then you should say in the same breath that Obama was a senator for 2 years before he decided to run for PRESIDENT.

Trust me, I can. Arkansas is MUCH different from Alaska especially as it pertains to Politics. Alaska does not qualify an individual especially if all they have known their entire life IS Alaska.

Catnip
10-18-2008, 03:11 PM
isn't McCains mother like 298525424 years old?
lol

Maniacc
10-18-2008, 03:13 PM
http://i34.tinypic.com/a4ymua.jpg

quickdodge®
10-18-2008, 03:24 PM

If you think about it, both McCain and Obama have the same exact amount of Presidential experience. Later, QD.

blurred visions
10-19-2008, 01:29 AM
Experience VS. Judgement

I believe judgement is a bigger factor that republicans somehow look over. How about when Obama opposed this dead-end war in 2002? Back then he had LESS experience then he does now, and even with less experience he knew the right answer. As well, he opposed several policies of the Bush admin that McCain supported, and later down the road >>> Obama, yet again, came out on top with the correct solution that should have been used.

Alan®
10-19-2008, 01:30 AM
Obama, yet again, came out on top with the correct solution that should have been used.
And that would be what?

How about Biden being practically dead wrong on just about every military issue to come across his desk.

blurred visions
10-19-2008, 01:36 AM
And that would be what?

How about Biden being practically dead wrong on just about every military issue to come across his desk.

Really? You want to take shots at the Dem VP nominee? That's not wise given what the Republicans have for a VP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhpKmQCCwB8

Alan®
10-19-2008, 01:45 AM
Really? You want to take shots at the Dem VP nominee? That's not wise given what the Republicans have for a VP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhpKmQCCwB8
OMG A YOUTUBE VIDEO?!?!?!?!11! :cry: :lmfao: :lmfao:

How about another video that catches Obama contradicting himself left and right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHEIi4XKRmM.

Seriously if you're going to use a source use an unbiased one.

Vteckidd
10-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Experience VS. Judgement

I believe judgement is a bigger factor that republicans somehow look over. How about when Obama opposed this dead-end war in 2002? Back then he had LESS experience then he does now, and even with less experience he knew the right answer. As well, he opposed several policies of the Bush admin that McCain supported, and later down the road >>> Obama, yet again, came out on top with the correct solution that should have been used.
ao are you saying that 80% of congress who voted FOR the WAR WAS WRONG?

Obama wasnt even in the senate, so who cares what his opinion was

blurred visions
10-19-2008, 01:32 PM
ao are you saying that 80% of congress who voted FOR the WAR WAS WRONG?

Obama wasnt even in the senate, so who cares what his opinion was

If I'd have to say so then yes, they were wrong. If we weren't in this war we probably wouldn't have such bad economic troubles.

Who cares what his opinion was? He was right, bottom line.

Alan®
10-19-2008, 01:47 PM
If I'd have to say so then yes, they were wrong. If we weren't in this war we probably wouldn't have such bad economic troubles.

Who cares what his opinion was? He was right, bottom line.
LOL. Yea but who cares whether or not he was right. It's great to sit here and think in the past but he wasn't even in a position of power to make even a slight difference about. You know what's even worse than him being right about something? Him not being able to admit that a decision that he has made was wrong and would not go back and fix it.

blurred visions
10-19-2008, 01:58 PM
That video you posted was horrible, they cut off either the beginning or the end of each speech segment to put it in republicans favor.

If you want to go back and forth with youtube videos then so be it, but I don't believe we'll get anything accomplished...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c

Alan®
10-19-2008, 02:01 PM
That video you posted was horrible, they cut off either the beginning or the end of each speech segment to put it in republicans favor.

If you want to go back and forth with youtube videos then so be it, but I don't believe we'll get anything accomplished...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c
OK here let me spell it out for you since you missed the point. MOST YOUTUBE VIDEOS ARE FULL OF NOTHING BUT BIASED BULLSHIT AND SHOULD NOT BE USED FOR AN ACTUAL ARGUMENT. NOT TO MENTION MOST OF THE INFO IN THEM ISN'T CREDIBLE ANYWAYS.

blurred visions
10-19-2008, 02:15 PM
Well, I can agree that videos made to be that way, such as the one I just posted and the one you posted, are very biased.

But hey, let me spell something out for you, O-B-A-M-A I-S G-O-I-N-G T-O B-E O-U-R N-E-X-T P-R-E-S-I-D-E-N-T, Y-O-U L-O-S-E.