PDA

View Full Version : valve adjust tool for honda/acura

Schugg
10-16-2008, 07:14 PM
im assuming its called a valve adjusting tool, but i couldnt find one like what im thinking of on the net anywhere. does anyone know where i can get one of these, or what the proper name would be for it? im not looking for just some cheap thing that will get the job done, atleast want something by craftsman or better

rhd_civic_ej
10-16-2008, 07:16 PM
snap on...search amazon

Tech5
10-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Snap on has one, that is what I use, but a Good 10mm wrench an Flat head does the same thing

rhd_civic_ej
10-16-2008, 07:18 PM
just to make it easier for ya...

this is the one i have, but tech5 is right...its not hard to do, just loosed the lock nut, check the clearence, adjust it, tighten it back.

http://www.denlorstools.com/home/dt1/page_7258_125/valve_adjustment_tool_for_cars_with_ten_mm_jam_nut .html

1civic
10-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Hahahaha... I remember the matco man saying it was in a catalog but we never found it... :doh:. I made mine!! :goodjob:

1civic
10-16-2008, 07:24 PM

this is the one i have, but tech5 is right...its not hard to do, just loosed the lock nut, check the clearence, adjust it, tighten it back.

http://www.denlorstools.com/home/dt1/page_7258_125/valve_adjustment_tool_for_cars_with_ten_mm_jam_nut .html

Damn mine looks close to that... :goodjob:

mod94civ
10-16-2008, 07:42 PM
The alltrade one is the one i use, works very well

AnthonyF
10-16-2008, 08:02 PM
If you don't know the name of the tool, you shouldn't do the job of this caliber. There IS a certain way to do this procedure. Do it incorrectly and you'll be VERY pissed.

-Ant.

Schugg
10-16-2008, 08:27 PM

thanks, thats what i was thinking of

Schugg
10-16-2008, 08:29 PM
Damn mine looks close to that... :goodjob:

where you been?! havent seen you around forever. assuming your the same 1civic i met up with a few times on wesley chapel for parts

Schugg
10-16-2008, 08:48 PM
If you don't know the name of the tool, you shouldn't do the job of this caliber. There IS a certain way to do this procedure. Do it incorrectly and you'll be VERY pissed.

-Ant.

haha, honestly that offends me. dont need to question my mechanical ability over the simple fact that i dont know the name of a tool. im sure your just looking out for me, thinking im just some noob trying to doing things him self. but ive done it before, ive just never used the proper tool, so there for i didnt know the proper name. that would be like if you and your boys were out, and you seen some fine ass girl you wanted to get with, but your buddy said no you dont even know her name, you shouldnt even mess with her. what are you going to do? your going to get her name then show him who knows what their doing.....hope my analogy helped in your understanding of how i felt.....haha

AnthonyF
10-16-2008, 08:55 PM
^I'd pull a "Dont Be a Menace" and put a gun to her head and make her tell me her name! lolol

-Ant.

slow_hatch
10-16-2008, 09:07 PM
A simple wrench and flathead can yield the same results. Done many a valve adj. that way.

BMWMONSTA
10-16-2008, 10:53 PM
Yeah dude, a flat wrench or socket and a set of feeler gauges. You can get the feeler gauges at any auto store for around 5-8 bucks.