PDA

View Full Version : The Official Post Debate Thread

Alan®
10-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Who won?

I think finally McCain got his shit together and made a very strong presence and arguement. It's like somebody finally let him off the leash.

McCain by a nose

blacknightteg
10-15-2008, 09:34 PM
im goin to say obama soley on the fact of that one thing that i heard that was obsurd

Alan®
10-15-2008, 09:35 PM
im goin to say obama soley on the fact of that one thing that i heard that was obsurd
You didn't even watch the debate though :thinking:

speed_ga
10-15-2008, 09:35 PM
McCain seemed like a new man this debate. He was on the offensive and he is going to give obama a run for his money

SPOOLIN
10-15-2008, 09:38 PM
McCain won this without a doubt.

Alan®
10-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Did anyone notice Iraq didn't come up ONCE

SPOOLIN
10-15-2008, 09:46 PM
Well you can't bring up the same stuff at EVERY SINGLE debate ya know? Iraq isn't exactly a topic that hits very close to home at the moment. I think that the iraq conflict is winding down in the not so far off future. Don't get me wrong, its still an important issue .

alpine_aw11

The debate was centered on domestic issues. I think we all know both of their views on Iraq.

I think it was a draw. Yes, McCain stood up more in this one, but I think that leveled it out more than anything. I wouldn't necessarily say he won.

uproot
make joe the plumber an option

bafbrian
10-15-2008, 09:47 PM

Iraq is not a domestic issue. It is an international issue. It does have an effect on the budget, military, and the economy which are domestic issues.

As for who won, I'd have to give it to McCain, by a cheek. 1 for 3 isn't bad.

Deke
10-15-2008, 09:49 PM
McCain by a nose

x2

I think it's too little too late though.

However, polls have been known to be off.

Disclaimer: I only ended up watching about 30 minutes of the debate. So this is just based off of what I saw.

Alan®
10-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Well you can't bring up the same stuff at EVERY SINGLE debate ya know? Iraq isn't exactly a topic that hits very close to home at the moment. I think that the iraq conflict is winding down in the not so far off future. Don't get me wrong, its still an important issue .
No definitely but this debate sounded a lot like everything else.Just glad they didn't talk about it.

Alan®
10-15-2008, 09:52 PM
The debate was centered on domestic issues.
I didn't know what the debate topic was this time.

Evil Goat
10-15-2008, 09:54 PM
mccain barely...still dont think he called obama on his hypocrisies as much as he could...he just let the ayers thing go....who gives a fuck what obama was doing when he was 8....why was he in ayers living room in the 90's launching his political career?

Dr. K8
10-15-2008, 09:58 PM
this is paul by the way....

but i think obama won b/c he had solid answers to the questions and still brought up lots of doubt in mccains policies or lack there of. mccain was the strongest he has been but i think it was too little too late. i'm sorry but mccains best line was "im not bush", but he tried over and over addressing JOE THE PLUMBER which i and majority of america doesn't give a flying fuck about. i'm sorry but i'm more worried w/ my well being then hearing some youtube vid. obama did a fine job on healthcare, ayres, education, abortion, etc.

it doesn't matter either way b/c in the end the guy who wins is the guy who connects w/ independents and i don't think mccain has what it takes.

bafbrian
10-15-2008, 09:59 PM
mccain barely...still dont think he called obama on his hypocrisies as much as he could...he just let the ayers thing go....who gives a fuck what obama was doing when he was 8....why was he in ayers living room in the 90's launching his political career?

The living room comment is meant as a pseudonym for launching his career with the help of Ayers. Depending on which side spins it, it was either: Republicans - Ayers "living room" or Democrats: It was started at an independent hotel fund raiser.

No person in public office is pure and free of questionable associations.

Alan®
10-15-2008, 10:03 PM
WHY THE FUCK IS HILLARY REFFERING TO OBAMA AS PRESIDENT OBAMA?!?!?!?! BITCH HE HASN'T WON YET

Dr. K8
10-15-2008, 10:04 PM
58% to 31% Obama wins the debate, cbs numbers were about the same... sorry guys seems like 3/3 Obama ;)

Alan®
10-15-2008, 10:07 PM
58% to 31% Obama wins the debate, cbs numbers were about the same... sorry guys seems like 3/3 Obama ;)
Yea according to CNN :lmfao: . I always take CNN and Fox's Numbers and average.

bafbrian
10-15-2008, 10:07 PM
WHY THE FUCK IS HILLARY REFFERING TO OBAMA AS PRESIDENT OBAMA?!?!?!?! BITCH HE HASN'T WON YET

Somewhat amusing that you used the word "yet" instead of saying he's not gonna win the presidency.

Alan®
10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Somewhat amusing that you used the word "yet" instead of saying he's not gonna win the presidency.
You must have missed my other thread where I have said McCain has lost.

Dr. K8
10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Yea according to CNN :lmfao: . I always take CNN and Fox's Numbers and average.

well cnn must be on par b/c national polling and current numbers support their polling ;)

blacknightteg
10-15-2008, 10:10 PM
You didn't even watch the debate though :thinking:

why dont you read the first part of my statement, i never said did.

Alan®
10-15-2008, 10:12 PM
why dont you read the first part of my statement, i never said did.
I did but my point is how can you draw a conclusion based on one point?

blacknightteg
10-15-2008, 10:14 PM
I did but my point is how can you draw a conclusion based on one point?

becaue its an obsurd statement, but then again your probably voting for mccain and defending him cuz your lil brother will beat you up if you dont.

Alan®
10-15-2008, 10:16 PM
becaue its an obsurd statement, but then again your probably voting for mccain and defending him cuz your lil brother will beat you up if you dont.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

That's the best you can come up with?

Deke
10-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Very interesting link calling out the bullshit on both sides.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081016/ap_on_el_pr/debate_fact_check

I called it on claiming Obama has spent more money on negative ads than anyone in history. BS

Alan®
10-15-2008, 10:40 PM
87-12 McCain on fox.

bafbrian
10-15-2008, 10:59 PM
87-12 McCain on fox.

That number is about as right as Pres. Truman holding the paper that said: "Dewey Defeats Truman".

Alan®
10-15-2008, 11:01 PM
That number is about as right as Pres. Truman holding the paper that said: "Dewey Defeats Truman".
I know that theres no way thats true but like I said I take the uber left numbers and the uber right numbers and average.

speed_ga
10-15-2008, 11:08 PM
We have a Failed senate who has done nothing for us but yet the surge in military presence has worked.

While Obama has voted present on the real issues. He stands for change but did nothing to change anything while he is in the senate... just some guy filling a seat living off the money from shaddy deals and the amarican people.

yea.. sure go Hussein Obama

lol

bafbrian
10-15-2008, 11:15 PM
I know that theres no way thats true but like I said I take the uber left numbers and the uber right numbers and average.

CNN - 59% to 31% - Obama
Fox - 87% to 12% - McCain
Politico - 49% to 46% - Obama

Obama Average - 40%

McCain Average - 54%

The Fox News figures are obviously skewed and CNN are skewed as well. I think the Politico figures are correct, but it should say McCain won, narrowly.

Deke
10-15-2008, 11:17 PM

lol

Oh I see what you did there. It's funny because his names sound like a terrorist. :lmfao:

:no:

God I waste too much time in this subforum.

4dmin
10-16-2008, 08:18 AM
87-12 McCain on fox.

lol they said mccain won the last two i guess they only poll their watchers ;)

tony
10-16-2008, 08:27 AM
While Obama has voted present on the real issues. He stands for change but did nothing to change anything while he is in the senate... just some guy filling a seat living off the money from shaddy deals and the amarican people.

lol

We go over this time and time again. Open up a book some time instead of listening then regurgitating something you know nothing about.

Voting Present in the State Legislature is Used as A Signal to the Other Party, Not As a Way to Duck the Issue. "An aspect of Obama's State Senate voting record that is drawing attention is his "present" votes. A present vote is a third option to an up or down "yes" or "no" that is used with great frequency in the Illinois General Assembly. It has many varied and nuanced meanings that, in the context of the actual bills, border on boring. It's most important use is as a signal – to the other party, to the governor, to the sponsor -- to show a willingness to compromise on the issue if not the exact bill, to show disapproval for one aspect of the bill, to question the constitutionality of the bill, to strengthen the bill. [Chicago Daily Herald, 3/10/04]

Total_Blender
10-16-2008, 08:32 AM
lol

OMG... HIS MIDDLE NAME IS "HUSSEIN"? ARE YOU SERIOUS? OMG TERRORISTS!!!!

http://www.simpsoncrazy.com/gallery/images/HomerSimpson30.gif

Vteckidd
10-16-2008, 08:36 AM
trying not to be partisan

I think Obama won. Reason i think this is because Mccain doesnt have the oratory skills nor the quick thinking to keep up with OBama. Obama is a GREAT speaker and he can take punches, absolve them, and move the topic the way he wants it. Seems to me like he controls the tempo much better than mccain can.

There were some moments Mccain HAD OBAMA and all he had to do was follow through and he didnt. He let the Ayers thing go, when Obama lied about the meeting in Ayers home, he didnt go after him on the tax differences AGAIN, etc etc etc.

Obama does EXACTLY what he is supposed to do without fail, and thats why hes ahead in the polls.

Mccain just cant deliver that blow that sends at least some momentum in his favor. He dances around it, then seems to drop it.

To me mccain looked angry flustered, and couldnt get his point across. Obama is very good about lining his points out in a outline style "number one.........number 2......" and i think that resonates with the American People.

They both danced around questions about their VP.

The negative ad campaign crap was stupid, both sides are guilty, and i dont want to spend 45 min talking about it.

I came away last night thinking the following:
1) Obama is clearly a better debater, speaker
2) Mccain cant get his message out in a way people can get behind him
3) Its still going to be a close race, if you keep watching the focus groups they seem to lean mccain, which is interesting to me.

Mccains not out, cause again, National Polls dont mean anything. All it takes is 2-3% of the voters to walk into that ballot box on Nov 4th and say "you know what i cant vote for that Obama guy" and its a whole new ballgame.

I still think Obama wins, but its not over yet

BB6dohcvtec
10-16-2008, 08:59 AM
What focus groups are you talking about leaning towards McCain? Most I've see have been leaning towards obama by a narrow margin I think I've seen three that went McCains favor narrowly and I mean narrowly.

Vteckidd
10-16-2008, 09:05 AM
on FOX news and on CNN ive seen their focus groups majority lean towards mccain in the last 2 debates

BB6dohcvtec
10-16-2008, 11:41 AM
maybe on fox news but the last 2 debates focus groups on cnn are leaning towards obama by a tiny margin.

alpine_aw11
10-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Ok, I think the whole Joe plumber thing was overused. This is something I've been thinking about, and I wish I could ask Joe this question.

Do you honestly think that Obama's tax plan is going to hurt you to the point that you won't buy that small business? I'm getting a bit agitated with the Republican notion that people are going to stop trying to make 250k+ because Obama's tax plan will add on about 3% or so to that bracket.

So Joe, will you really give up the opportunity to make more money(even including these higher taxes) just because you will move up in the tax brackets? Isn't it stupid to deny making more money because of that? You're still going to make more money, even if you do move up, so wtf is your point? I think that aspect is pretty undebatable and I don't see any way to deny it.

tony
10-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Personally I don't think Joe the Plumber understands that in order to NET $250k from a business he would probably have to do $750k to $1 Million in receipts. Think about it, a business with a profit margin of 10% (well within a reasonable profit margin) has to gross $2.5 Million in sales to net $250k.

Joe must be buying one of the baddest plumbing businesses around if they are making that much.

alpine_aw11
10-16-2008, 12:12 PM
Personally I don't think Joe the Plumber understands that in order to NET $250k from a business he would probably have to do $750k to $1 Million in receipts. Think about it, a business with a profit margin of 10% (well within a reasonable profit margin) has to gross $2.5 Million in sales to net $250k.

Joe must be buying one of the baddest plumbing businesses around if they are making that much.

Without even looking into those details, the argument still makes perfect sense to me. From my perspective, Obama's plan wouldn't effect me trying to make more money. Think about it, if you're making under 6 figures a year and have the opportunity to make 250k a year, you should take advantage of it. And if you don't because that tax bracket went up a little bit, then I want what you're smoking.

Alan®
10-20-2008, 10:08 AM
because of all the other things that obama is proposing like removing the cap on social security, increase in payroll tax, etc.