PDA

View Full Version : question about McCain

blacknightteg
10-15-2008, 09:26 PM
ok, so yes he's the republican candidate this election and what not but why? i was thinking about this today. how come he is so well liked by the republican community and was nominated this go around? what about last election, he ran for president, what makes him so different now? all i can see is that he's older and less hair. i dont see any real difference. if he wasn't nominated and elected last time, why this time? doesnt make any sense. did he learn how to smile better or say "my friends" a lot cooler?

blackshine007
10-15-2008, 09:28 PM
He learned how to pucker up :lickpuss:

AlanŽ
10-15-2008, 09:29 PM
mccain and huckaby got got together and kicked romeny out. It should be Romney in McCain's seat tonight.

blacknightteg
10-15-2008, 09:31 PM
regardless, i dont see a difference, if he didnt get elected last time, there is no reason he should be elected this time.

bafbrian
10-15-2008, 09:34 PM
ok, so yes he's the republican candidate this election and what not but why? i was thinking about this today. how come he is so well liked by the republican community and was nominated this go around? what about last election, he ran for president, what makes him so different now? all i can see is that he's older and less hair. i dont see any real difference. if he wasn't nominated and elected last time, why this time? doesnt make any sense. did he learn how to smile better or say "my friends" a lot cooler?

McCain's ideology is considered to be more center-right on the political spectrum.

McCain is not well liked by the RNP, however, for this election, he was the better candidate amongst the Republicans because of his presence within the Senate. The McCain of the 2000 was much more conservative and to be frank, he that McCain would have shown up this year, he would "kicked ass". This year, while he is a center-right, he seems to be adopting some policies which he hasn't supported in the past.

As for as the smiling and "my friends", only thing I got on that is maybe he wants to be personable.

alpine_aw11
10-15-2008, 09:43 PM
He didn't make it in 2000 because George Bush reminded everyone of Curious George, and why wouldn't we want that in a president?

Deke
10-15-2008, 10:08 PM
^Bush rode his last name right into the election 8 years ago.

Vteckidd
10-15-2008, 10:12 PM
^Bush rode his last name right into the election 8 years ago.
yeah by 536 votes, your right what a landslide LOL that was a retarded statement

Ehh, my personal feelings is that ANY republican was pretty much a forgone conclusion to LOSE this election because of the economy and the war. Im not happy they chose mccain but i cant align myself with OBama.

My feeling is they chose someone that if they won, they would be happy , but not their front runner because why put your #1 guy in a position to lose when the odds are stacked against him.

Lets face it i think the republicans are waiting for 4 years from now. They arent expecting to win, and with Mccain we all know he will be a 4 year president not an 8 year.

I really think that they are hoping Obama gets in and breaks all his promises like CLinton said, and they are in a position to win 4 years from now with no problem, and retake congress as well.

bafbrian
10-15-2008, 10:19 PM
yeah by 536 votes, your right what a landslide LOL that was a retarded statement

Ehh, my personal feelings is that ANY republican was pretty much a forgone conclusion to LOSE this election because of the economy and the war. Im not happy they chose mccain but i cant align myself with OBama.

My feeling is they chose someone that if they won, they would be happy , but not their front runner because why put your #1 guy in a position to lose when the odds are stacked against him.

Lets face it i think the republicans are waiting for 4 years from now. They arent expecting to win, and with Mccain we all know he will be a 4 year president not an 8 year.

I really think that they are hoping Obama gets in and breaks all his promises like CLinton said, and they are in a position to win 4 years from now with no problem, and retake congress as well.

It is kinda unfortunate. Republicans has strong suits and Dems have strong suits as well. Since Pres. Bush is Republican, it is unfortunate that some people just lump all Republicans as bad because of what is going on.

Deke
10-15-2008, 10:40 PM

You talking to me?

I said he rode his last name INTO the election (aka winning the primaries). I said nothing about the outcome of the election itself. Also, landslide? What? Haha, I think there is a serious break in communication here.

Or maybe you weren't talking to me... :ninja:

Vteckidd
10-15-2008, 10:46 PM
You talking to me?

I said he rode his last name INTO the election (aka winning the primaries). I said nothing about the outcome of the election itself. Also, landslide? What? Haha, I think there is a serious break in communication here.

Or maybe you weren't talking to me... :ninja:
my fault i misunderstood you. i thought you said he wont the election because of his last name.

i apolagize :D

Deke
10-15-2008, 10:48 PM
my fault i misunderstood you. i thought you said he wont the election because of his last name.

i apolagize :D

Haha it's all good. If I had understood it as you did the first go around, I would have called me on it too. :cheers:

BanginJimmy
10-15-2008, 11:47 PM
McCain was a sacrificial lamb in this election. The only reason this isnt a landslide is because the dems managed to find the worst canidate to ever run for office.

Obama has TONS of dirty laundry in his past

Obama is not a very goos speaker when not on the teleprompter, he has improved during the last couple of months though.

McCain is just McCain. I would imagine that he told the RNC he only planned to go for 1 term so they decided to throw him a bone for his long service. If anyone remembers that far back, McCain got TONS more press coverage, mostly good, than any of the other canidates. And with todays uneducated and lazy masses, they only go what they hear on the news. They barely recognize Huckabee and Romney's names so they must not be important. They hear McCains name all the time, so he must be important so I will vote for him.

blacknightteg
10-16-2008, 10:25 AM
how is obama the worse candidate for the democratic party? if he was then how did hillary not win?

alpine_aw11
10-16-2008, 10:27 AM
how is obama the worse candidate for the democratic party? if he was then how did hillary not win?

Because Obama is better at making the ignorant masses feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

jwrape
10-16-2008, 10:31 AM
This election boils down to, both parties had topicksomeone to nominate. Both parties looked at what they had left at that time and made the best decision they could. This doesn't mean these arethe twobest canidates that have run for president, but this is the lesser of the evils that was left.
This election screws us in some wayseither way you vote.

BanginJimmy
10-16-2008, 01:03 PM
This election boils down to, both parties had topicksomeone to nominate. Both parties looked at what they had left at that time and made the best decision they could. This doesn't mean these arethe twobest canidates that have run for president, but this is the lesser of the evils that was left.
This election screws us in some wayseither way you vote.

Neither is a very good canidate. The MSM absolutely drool over Obama though so he got so much good press that it was impossible to ignore him. The problem was, the MSM didnt bother to actually do any research on him like they did with the other canidates, and especially with Sarah Palin. By the time the media found time to actually look into his past, they were stuck with Obama as their knight in shining armor so they simply ignore all the bad.