PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Vs Mccain Vs Obama

gtrmonkey
10-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Who here thinks that Ron Paul would do a better job as president than Mccain or Obama. If Ron Paul was the Primary Repbulician do think that He would put up a Better Fight than Mccain has against Obama.

Want to know your input.

Alan®
10-15-2008, 08:13 PM
I honestly don't know squat about Ron paul

gtrmonkey
10-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Ron has never voted to raise taxes.
Ron has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
Ron has never voted for the Iraq War.
Ron has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
Ron has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
Ron has never voted to raise congressional pay.
Ron has never taken a government-paid junket.

Ron voted against the Patriot Act.
Ron votes against regulating the Internet.
Ron voted against NAFTA and CAFTA.
Ron votes against the United Nations.
Ron votes against the welfare state.
Ron votes against reinstating a military draft.

Ron votes to preserve the constitution.
Ron votes to cut government spending.
Ron votes to lower healthcare costs.
Ron votes to end the war on drugs.
Ron votes to protect civil liberties.
Ron votes to secure our borders with real immigration reform.
Ron votes to eliminate tax funded abortions and to overturn Roe v Wade.
Ron votes to protect religious freedom.

alpine_aw11
10-15-2008, 08:43 PM
No, Ron Paul would not have done better. You know why? Because he's the most honest politician in Washington's history. And that gets him in trouble because a lot of his ideas go against the American notion that everything we do is right because we're the greatest nation in the world. He's absolutely right about our situation in the Middle East. We have fucked with those people since the 50's, and that's why they hate us. But to the average American we can do no wrong, so Ron Paul speaking the truth is not going to be approved of. It's sad, really. And on top of all that, he is censored and ignored by members of the media who simply can't stand up to him. He gets labeled as a crazy radical by them. I think some of his policies regarding government programs take it too far, but the man needs to get mainstream exposure.

Dr. K8
10-15-2008, 10:03 PM
i like what i've heard about him, but he is more of a independent then republican

Deke
10-15-2008, 10:05 PM
^I agree. He's not mainstream conservative enough for the Republican party.

I like Ron Paul, a lot.

gtrmonkey
10-15-2008, 10:33 PM
I do too. I really wish he was on the ballad instead of mccain. Ron Paul would have really help out alot for america. I just sad how the one good person get shut out by the media.

willum14pb
10-16-2008, 07:22 AM
Ron Paul should be our next president.

tron
10-16-2008, 07:25 AM
RON PAUL BITCH!!!!!!

tron
10-16-2008, 07:26 AM
LOL SIKE!!!

tron
10-16-2008, 07:28 AM
i dont know much about him i'd have to look him up some.

Total_Blender
10-16-2008, 07:34 AM
Ron has never voted to raise taxes.
Ron has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
Ron has never voted for the Iraq War.
Ron has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
Ron has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
Ron has never voted to raise congressional pay.
Ron has never taken a government-paid junket.

Ron voted against the Patriot Act.
Ron votes against regulating the Internet.
Ron voted against NAFTA and CAFTA.
Ron votes against the United Nations.
Ron votes against the welfare state.
Ron votes against reinstating a military draft.

Ron votes to preserve the constitution.
Ron votes to cut government spending.
Ron votes to lower healthcare costs.
Ron votes to end the war on drugs.
Ron votes to protect civil liberties.
Ron votes to secure our borders with real immigration reform.
Ron votes to eliminate tax funded abortions and to overturn Roe v Wade.
Ron votes to protect religious freedom.

A lot of "who?" and "what?" on your list but no "why?" or "how?". I get it that R.P is supposed to be a deregulator, but if we remove too many gov't institutions/programs like the USDA/FDA/OSHA etc and rely on industry to regulate itself, well....

http://www.salemhigh.com/mc/2008%20RFL%20images/the%20jungle.jpg

Nomad!
10-16-2008, 08:03 AM
No, Ron Paul would not have done better. You know why? Because he's the most honest politician in Washington's history. And that gets him in trouble because a lot of his ideas go against the American notion that everything we do is right because we're the greatest nation in the world. He's absolutely right about our situation in the Middle East. We have fucked with those people since the 50's, and that's why they hate us. But to the average American we can do no wrong, so Ron Paul speaking the truth is not going to be approved of. It's sad, really. And on top of all that, he is censored and ignored by members of the media who simply can't stand up to him. He gets labeled as a crazy radical by them. I think some of his policies regarding government programs take it too far, but the man needs to get mainstream exposure.
Honesty gets you nowhere in American politics. It sure as hell doesn't get you anywhere with the ignorant masses in this country that ignore that fact that America is so hated in the Middle East (and other parts of the world) because of the many F'ed up things this government has done. I guess it's easier to just call someone a terrorist and say they hate "freedom".

AirMax95
10-16-2008, 09:41 AM

:goodjob: I would like to have seen an Obama/Paul office :D

alpine_aw11
10-16-2008, 09:59 AM

Lol Ron would never go for that. He really dislikes both of our candidates.

AirMax95
10-16-2008, 10:21 AM
Lol Ron would never go for that. He really dislikes both of our candidates.

I know, thats why I smiled, lol.

How open-minded does Ron Paul seem though? Do you think that he would get pig-headed and thinks that he has ALL the soultions?

alpine_aw11
10-16-2008, 10:26 AM
I know, thats why I smiled, lol.

How open-minded does Ron Paul seem though? Do you think that he would get pig-headed and thinks that he has ALL the soultions?

See that's why I'm not totally sure if he would make a good president. He certainly has more ideas on how to solve things than 90% of our bullshitting Washington politicians. But you have to take into account that he is also a very intelligent man, and does drift across parties with his ideas a lot. I think if he did in fact get elected he would be more open minded, but I know it won't ever happen.

It all boils down to his honesty. It scares other politicians because they know he will call them and our government out on all its bullshit. I mean people think that Obama is the number one activist for our citizens, but they obviously don't know anything about Paul. He really hates our government, and rightly so. So that is what I think could lead him to be a stubborn asshole. I really can't say how open he would be, it's a tough call.

gtrmonkey
10-16-2008, 10:28 AM
I think Ron Paul is pretty open mind to an Better idea. He has pretty good agurement for what he stands for, In my opinion he look at both sides rather than one side. Like most of the other candite. But he not perfect some of his pilotic are out there.

RedEj8
10-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Ron Paul= Fair Tax. Fair Tax =good.
I was thinking of writing him in, but it'd be pointless..

gtrmonkey
10-16-2008, 12:52 PM
I was think that too, but there not going to be nearly enough people that would do that. I would hate for Obama to get elected

Hulud
10-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Ron Paul's ideals would do a lot better than either of the people we have for the two major parties.

Ron Paul actually cares about the PEOPLE of this country

alpine_aw11
10-16-2008, 12:57 PM
What I think is funny is the majority of people I know who liked Ron Paul are going to vote for Obama now. I think there are a lot of Ron Paul supporters who really don't get him at all. I don't understand how you could support Paul, and then vote Obama.

Hulud
10-16-2008, 12:59 PM
What I think is funny is the majority of people I know who liked Ron Paul are going to vote for Obama now. I think there are a lot of Ron Paul supporters who really don't get him at all. I don't understand how you could support Paul, and then vote Obama.
its not hard to understand.

Ron Paul is republican but he is not at the same time. i mean if you look at his stance its more middle of the road than anyone else.

what yo usaid makes you seem like you are basing voting for someone off their party, not their views

DrivenMind
10-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Ron Paul technically won the debates all the debates he was in before the candidates were finalized and we had to start with all red vs. blue nonsense. He has the most legitimate ideas on how to reform the country, and because of that, he will most certainly not stand a chance. America doesn't actually want change. We want to be spoon fed some more of the the same old right vs. left bullshit we've been forced to eat for the past twenty years.

Without an objective media someone like Paul doesn't stand a chance. Too many simpletons watch tv and make up their minds based on something some retarded ass hole like Sean Hannity says.

alpine_aw11
10-16-2008, 07:45 PM
its not hard to understand.

Ron Paul is republican but he is not at the same time. i mean if you look at his stance its more middle of the road than anyone else.

what yo usaid makes you seem like you are basing voting for someone off their party, not their views

Obama and Paul are basically polar opposites, Paul shares more with McCain than he does with Obama. And also those people that I referred to really don't know what the fuck they're talking about. They are typical American teenagers that vote based on the new trends. I would talk about Ron paul and his ideas involving limited govt involvement, and they're all "yea dude, that's so true." Then Obamamania comes and they all decide to change their minds for reasons they can't explain. Imo if you are a true Ron Paul supporter, the lesser of the two evils is John McCain. I really hate the notion of having to pick the lesser of two evils, but I'm not going to deny voting because of it.

gtrmonkey
10-16-2008, 10:26 PM
If I found there was going to be a ton of people writing in Ron Paul I would but the likly hood of that bascially none. It ashame that people how change there minds from polar oppsite. I wish the media would stop making this Red Vs Blue shit. How everything got to be so damn negative. The news media need to stop worring as much about rating and start reporting shit that matters. Tell true opinion instead what the most popular thing to stay. Sean Hannity is a perfect example of this he sayes what the most popular Idea with republician party with no research what so ever.

I am only 19 and realize the mistake I made when I voted for Romeny.

Frög
10-16-2008, 10:45 PM
yeah, Ron Paul FTW..

But sadly he isn't going to win..

Verik
10-16-2008, 11:16 PM
if you want to throw Ron Paul in a classification (liberal, conservative, facist, etc), he fits in with Libertarian's dogma better than any other groups.

gtrmonkey
10-17-2008, 07:44 AM
Do like Ron Paul, If not explain why?
Just want to know your argurement,

alpine_aw11
10-17-2008, 09:27 AM
if you want to throw Ron Paul in a classification (liberal, conservative, facist, etc), he fits in with Libertarian's dogma better than any other groups.

He basically is a libertarian. I don't know why he didn't run as such, maybe he wanted to more directly expose how lost the Republican party is.

gtrmonkey
10-17-2008, 10:38 AM
The reason Ron Paul runs as a republician is because there a bigger party and to point out how lost they are. Let face, it majority of americans only know about 2 parties Republician and Democrats. So he feels if he runs as a republician get the nomenation. He has a more likely chance of winning the Presidental election.

Verik
10-17-2008, 03:59 PM
He basically is a libertarian. I don't know why he didn't run as such, maybe he wanted to more directly expose how lost the Republican party is.

no... i think its more along the lines that libertarians don't have a major media outlet to promote him... thus if he wanted to win then he'd have to sit on the side that has most chance of supporting small gov't (i.e. more conservative than liberal) therefore he was thrown into the ring w/ mccain, romney and huckabee.

alpine_aw11
10-17-2008, 04:21 PM
no... i think its more along the lines that libertarians don't have a major media outlet to promote him... thus if he wanted to win then he'd have to sit on the side that has most chance of supporting small gov't (i.e. more conservative than liberal) therefore he was thrown into the ring w/ mccain, romney and huckabee.

True, but the republican media hates Ron Paul. So I don't think him running as a Republican helped him at all except for him being able to debate with thim.

Verik
10-18-2008, 12:20 AM
True, but the republican media hates Ron Paul. So I don't think him running as a Republican helped him at all except for him being able to debate with thim.

Right wing media hated him bc of a few key things... yeah he was exactly what they were looking for in terms of smaller gov't less spending, tax reform, etc. But when it got to the social issues he differed from them (roe v wade... common foundation for conservative principles). Plus I dont think they wanted to support another republican who wouldnt be able to gain the favor of the full party and lead it into a split party vote (thus giving obama easier victory) similar to what happened in 92 w/ Bush Sr, Ross Perot and Clinton. Perot ran independent and took 10% or so of the conservative votes away from Bush Sr, giving Clinton a free ride to office.

BATMOBL
10-18-2008, 12:43 AM
man i thought i was the only person who thought that would be perfect. +1