PDA

View Full Version : Debate, Oct 15, 2008

SPOOLIN
10-15-2008, 08:09 PM
LOL, mccain for the win with the plumber story.

SPOOLIN
10-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Obama just compared the income of 12 billion dollar exxon to a small business income. No shit they can afford to pay a little more!!!

redrumracer
10-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Obama just compared the income of 12 billion dollar exxon to a small business income. No shit they can afford to pay a little more!!!
yea i noticed that also. i liked the lil quip that mccain said when he brought up that buffett guy

redrumracer
10-15-2008, 08:21 PM
and also that bush remark

AlanŽ
10-15-2008, 08:22 PM
WHERE WAS THIS MCCAIN FOR THE LAST 2 DEBATES!!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!!!! WHAT A FUCKING TURN AROUND. HE'S PISSED OFF AND OFF THE LEASH

redrumracer
10-15-2008, 08:24 PM
WHERE WAS THIS MCCAIN FOR THE LAST 2 DEBATES!!!!! JESUS CHRIST!!!!! WHAT A FUCKING TURN AROUND. HE'S PISSED OFF AND OFF THE LEASH
Im glad he is finally coming around.

AlanŽ
10-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Im glad he is finally coming around.
XFUCKING2 ABOUT GOD DAMN TIME!!!!!

Deke
10-15-2008, 08:28 PM
If Obama really spent more money on negative campaign adds than anyone in history, he has sucktacular publicity, because I've seen so much more negativity from McCain's side.

Maniacc
10-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Jesus Christ this sissy slapfight over who is meaner sucks ass.

redrumracer
10-15-2008, 08:30 PM
there is equal amounts of negativity between the 2 of them. but thats politics. i dont car about that when its part of the game.

Deke
10-15-2008, 08:32 PM
^truthiness (both posts above)

AlanŽ
10-15-2008, 08:32 PM
there is equal amounts of negativity between the 2 of them. but thats politics. i dont car about that when its part of the game.
X2 I could careless about the negative ads. It's politics. It's the presidential race. they are EXPECTED to go for the jugular.

redrumracer
10-15-2008, 08:34 PM
how can obama defend his relations with the terrorist/bombers

Maniacc
10-15-2008, 08:34 PM
X2 I could careless about the negative ads. It's politics. It's the presidential race. they are EXPECTED to go for the jugular.The thing is these mofos need to be debating about issues and answering the questions not flaming each other and making themselves look like buffoons.

redrumracer
10-15-2008, 08:35 PM
HAHAHAHAHAAHA he(obama) is speechless for a second. and not refuting the facts LOLOLOLOLOLOL

AlanŽ
The thing is these mofos need to be debating about issues and answering the questions not flaming each other and making themselves look like buffoons.
Yea but you can thank the moderator for even bringing it up. Waste of time if you ask me.

Maniacc
McCain's coming off like a whiny bitch. /thread

redrumracer
10-15-2008, 08:36 PM
The thing is these mofos need to be debating about issues and answering the questions not flaming each other and making themselves look like buffoons.
if you want to see there "issues" look at the last 2 debates where they were speeches and not debates.

Maniacc
Yea but you can thank the moderator for even bringing it up. Waste of time if you ask me.The big thing to understand is poor Joe the plumber makes more than 95% of the population.

I suspect Joe the pumber owns a huge motherfucking plumbing business.

Cliffs. He's a douche

AlanŽ
McCain needs to stop cutting him off.

Maniacc
10-15-2008, 08:37 PM
if you want to see there "issues" look at the last 2 debates where they were speeches and not debates.I saw them. They were a lot more entertaining than this shit.

Deke
Whoa, no more dodging on the Bill Ayers question. I'm impressed.

JConner

yea i know, i wish Obama would explain( since his tax plan is so FAIR ) how a person making $249,000 a year vs. a person making $250,000 a year is any different. He dosen't have to explain it because his followers are idiots and they think it sounds good.

Under Obama's plan I would make sure that I only had an income of $249,999 a year. It's bullshit, cause people are going to actually do this. Why would they want to grow their business when they can keep a lesser tax bracket at $249,999????

AlanŽ
10-15-2008, 08:38 PM
The big thing to understand is poor Joe the plumber makes more than 95% of the population.

I suspect Joe the pumber owns a huge motherfucking plumbing business.

Cliffs. He's a douche
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Sorry you lost me

Deke
10-15-2008, 08:39 PM
yea i know, i wish Obama would explain( since his tax plan is so FAIR ) how a person making $249,000 a year vs. a person making $250,000 a year is any different. He dosen't have to explain it because his followers are idiots and they think it sounds good.

Haha, ridiculous argument. Either form of income tax (obama/mccain) is going to have brackets. Of course there are going to be distinct lines where on one side you benefit/suffer more than the other.

Maniacc
10-15-2008, 08:39 PM
:thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Sorry you lost meSorry I'm a little high.

AlanŽ
10-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Eh in all honesty that that in it of it's self is kind of a pointless question.

Maniacc
10-15-2008, 08:41 PM
McCain should have survived a fake assassination attempt (later revealed to be the work of Al Qaeda) to get out of this debate.

It would have rallied his supporters much, much more than watching him blather and blink.

JConner
10-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Eh in all honesty that that in it of it's self is kind of a pointless question.

I know that their wont be an exact line right at $249,999 vs $250,000 but, someone needs to find out how he will handle this.

Maniacc
10-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Hahahaha! So, what does McCain like about Palin?

ETA: LOL @ bresh of freath air.

redrumracer
the solution to taxes is the fair tax.

AlanŽ
McCain should have survived a fake assassination attempt (later revealed to be the work of Al Qaeda) to get out of this debate.

It would have rallied his supporters much, much more than watching him blather and blink.
Are you kidding me? :thinking: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: .We must not be watching the same debate cause for once he's not keeping his mouth shut and not missing NEARLY as many opportunity to slam Obama's head in a door.

redrumracer
10-15-2008, 08:45 PM
i think most of the male population know that they like about her.

Maniacc
10-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Are you kidding me? :thinking: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: .We must not be watching the same debate cause for once he's not keeping his mouth shut and not missing NEARLY as many opportunity to slam Obama's head in a door.You must be on acid. If this was an MMA fight McCain would've been knocked out a long time ago.

AlanŽ
10-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Oh god the Global Warming questions. I wish someone would just go "THE SHIT DOESN'T EXIST!"

Deke
10-15-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm with McCain 100% on his view of nuclear policy.

AlanŽ
10-15-2008, 08:49 PM
GOD WILL SOMEONE TELL OBAMA THAT THE 68 MILLION ACRES THAT THEY HAVE MOST OF IT THEY CAN'T USE BEACAUSE OF THE ENVIRONMENTALIST WEINES!!!

JConner
10-15-2008, 08:51 PM
Oh god the Global Warming questions. I wish someone would just go "THE SHIT DOESN'T EXIST!"

I KNOW!

Alaska's glaciers actually GREW this year because of cold weather.....and its NOT EVEN WINTER YET!

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/homepage/story/53884.html

SPOOLIN
10-15-2008, 08:52 PM
lol, yeah, dont drill in the worthless bare desolate inhospitable part of alaska!!

Maniacc
10-15-2008, 08:53 PM
This thread sucks.

Just like this whack ass debate. *watches some ufc*

Deke
10-15-2008, 08:53 PM
You can't say that it doesn't exist just like they can't say that it does. In either case there isn't enough info.

Either way, I see no problem with talk of energy policies due to the fact that we will eventually run out of fossil fuels

AlanŽ
10-15-2008, 08:55 PM
lol, yeah, dont drill in the worthless bare desolate inhospitable part of alaska!!BEACAUSE THERE IS A PLANT THERE THAT WE DON'T DO ANYTHING WITH THAT COULD DIE IF WE DO
FIXED :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

AlanŽ
10-15-2008, 08:56 PM
I see no problem with talk of energy policies due to the fact that we will eventually run out of fossil fuels
Agreed.

uproot
10-15-2008, 09:00 PM
i'm sick of joe the plumber

i wish they would just refer to him as joe sixpack :lmfao:

Deke
10-15-2008, 09:02 PM
I already voted. New South Park is on. Enjoy the rest of the debate :)

EG6
10-15-2008, 09:04 PM
IMO Obama wasn't comparing the small business owner to a 12billion dollar business; he was simply stating that the small business owner could have a tax break while the billion dollar business can afford to pay out a little more. Exxon mobil for example- all of us are paying these rediculous prices- if you owned a small business would you not rather a billion dollar business pay slightly more taxes while you pay less. In the end it will even itself out.

Each party will still make their share and in the end we will all be please.

On a side note neither of them answered the question when asked "would you stand behind what you stated in your tv ads and say it here tonight on national tv"

Instead each beat around the bush w/that one.

Mccain is dodging most of the questions asked and answering them indirectly by "mudslinging" obama and bringing up things from joe the plumber. Answer the damn questions and let the debate move forward.

bafbrian
10-15-2008, 09:05 PM
I already voted. New South Park is on. Enjoy the rest of the debate :)

x2

This "debate" is uninspiring. More rhetoric and nothing new. If I were an undecided, I would still be an undecided.

Someone want to come up with something new to say?

00RedRT
10-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Mccain is dodging most of the questions asked and answering them indirectly by "mudslinging" obama and bringing up things from joe the plumber. Answer the damn questions and let the debate move forward.

He should have picked Joe the Plumber as his running mate.;)

AlanŽ
10-15-2008, 09:08 PM
IMO Obama wasn't comparing the small business owner to a 12billion dollar business; he was simply stating that the small business owner could have a tax break while the billion dollar business can afford to pay out a little more. Exxon mobil for example- all of us are paying these rediculous prices- if you owned a small business would you not rather a billion dollar business pay slightly more taxes while you pay less. In the end it will even itself out.

On a side note neither of them answered the question when asked "would you stand behind what you stated in your tv ads and say it here tonight on national tv"

Instead each beat around the bush w/that one.

The problem is that that's not what obama wants to do.

They are both mudslinging. But McCain hasn't really dodged as many questions as they both normally do.

blacknightteg
10-15-2008, 09:09 PM
so, i havent really been watchin it tonight, but i can hear my parents hilariously laughing at alot that mccain is saying. one thing they couldnt believe he said and was hoping they heard him wrong was that he said the average healthcare cost for a family a year is 5800 dollars. my parents couldnt believe what they heard as its usually between 10 to 12 thousand.

AlanŽ
10-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Obama said 12 mccain said 5800

blacknightteg
10-15-2008, 09:12 PM
lol he must be thinkin about his lol not the average joe plan, mccain is so blind of the average joe in my opinion.

bafbrian
10-15-2008, 09:13 PM
They are both mudslinging. But McCain hasn't really dodged as many questions as they both normally do.

Both are mudslinging and both are "avoiding" questions. Instead of answering the questions, both speak briefly about the question and then go to left field.

Example - The question about, "Give a specific amount that they would reduce our dependence on foreign oil."

It's all good that they want to reduce our dependence on foreign oil from unfavorable countries/regimes, but that didn't answer the question.

SPOOLIN
10-15-2008, 09:16 PM
in my opinion, there is no such thing as an undecided voter. I have NEVER met one.

bafbrian
10-15-2008, 09:18 PM
in my opinion, there is no such thing as an undecided voter. I have NEVER met one.

Then you haven't met me.

EG6
10-15-2008, 09:20 PM
Yea I never understood the whole undecided voter and never have met one either...sounds like something from college "my major is undeclared" consider me genral studies lol.

redrumracer
10-15-2008, 09:25 PM

no obama wasnt comparing, he was grouping.

SPOOLIN
10-15-2008, 09:29 PM
McCain won this shit by a Hundred Miles.

redrumracer
10-15-2008, 09:31 PM
McCain won this shit by a Hundred Miles.
but the biased media will spin it to where obama won it.

Deke
10-15-2008, 09:33 PM
but the biased media will spin it to where obama won it.

Don't worry, the republican media will spin it that McCain won it.

SPOOLIN
10-15-2008, 09:34 PM
My opinion is all that matters, im not the media.

Deke
10-15-2008, 09:36 PM
^Indeed you are correct.

BTW, South Park was awesome.

bafbrian
10-15-2008, 09:36 PM
My opinion is all that matters, im not the media.

x2

tony
10-15-2008, 09:41 PM
McCain was strong in the beginning, then fell flat.

I'll have to say this debate was a slight win for McCain.

redrumracer
10-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Don't worry, the republican media will spin it that McCain won it.
yea but the truth isnt a spin. ill give it to obama though he is a strong speaker. that is his biggest strong point.

tony
10-15-2008, 09:46 PM
I will have to say my favorite moment was when Obama said the fine would be Zero.. and the look on McCain's face for about 20 seconds.

00RedRT
10-15-2008, 09:47 PM
McCain was strong in the beginning, then fell flat.

I'll have to say this debate was a slight win for McCain.

FOX News just had 23 undecided voters talk about the debate. When the segment was over they asked if anyone had been swayed one way or another. 4 of them raised their hands for Obama. I agree McCain came out strong and for awhile I thought this was the McCain I've been wanting to see for a long time, but then he went too personal and too negative and that turns off voters big time.

redrumracer
10-15-2008, 09:49 PM
I will have to say my favorite moment was when Obama said the fine would be Zero.. and the look on McCain's face for about 20 seconds.
yea that was pretty funny.

SPOOLIN
10-15-2008, 09:53 PM
I agree McCain's face was very confused...But he got passed it.

tony
10-15-2008, 09:55 PM
I'll admit if the first 30 minutes was the McCain I saw from the start I might have reconsidered my vote

bafbrian
10-15-2008, 10:05 PM
I'll admit if the first 30 minutes was the McCain I saw from the start I might have reconsidered my vote

I think McCain's comment: "I am not Pres. Bush, if you wanted to run against Pres. Bush, you should have run four years ago." set the tone. Furthermore, if he had adopted this tone at the start of his campaign, it would have been difficult for Obama's campaign for counter that.

stephen
10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
I think McCain's comment: "I am not Pres. Bush, if you wanted to run against Pres. Bush, you should have run four years ago." set the tone. Furthermore, if he had adopted this tone at the start of his campaign, it would have been difficult for Obama's campaign for counter that.

i think he countered it pretty good...he was basically like "my bad...you just seem to follow the same policies that he does."

he could've also said "i'm not bill ayers, acorn, or reverend wright either..."

tony
10-15-2008, 10:10 PM

Thing is.. its a bit too late. You dont wait till you're 6 feet under to start digging yourself out. McCain "found his voice" tonight as Hillary did going into the May primaries.. problem comes with the fact that we're now 3 weeks out and that isn't much time to reinvent you're entire campaign.

Initial polls on all networks on this debate does not look good for McCain which is suprising to me.

bafbrian
10-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Thing is.. its a bit too late. You dont wait till you're 6 feet under to start digging yourself out. McCain "found his voice" tonight as Hillary did going into the May primaries.. problem comes with the fact that we're now 3 weeks out and that isn't much time to reinvent you're entire campaign.

Initial polls on all networks on this debate does not look good for McCain which is suprising to me.

Thought my post would exemplify that while the comment was good, it was too little too late.

bafbrian
10-15-2008, 10:15 PM
i think he countered it pretty good...he was basically like "my bad...you just seem to follow the same policies that he does."

he could've also said "i'm not bill ayers, acorn, or reverend wright either..."

True, but they are not accusing him of being these people or organizations, just being associated with them.

BanginJimmy
10-15-2008, 10:15 PM
if you owned a small business would you not rather a billion dollar business pay slightly more taxes while you pay less. In the end it will even itself out.

so who is to what what their "share" is? I thought that the point of starting a business was to make money, not only make your "share". And I know the stockholders wont be pleased in the end if the govt decides they make more than their "share" of the money.

EG6
10-16-2008, 02:01 PM
so who is to what what their "share" is? I thought that the point of starting a business was to make money, not only make your "share". And I know the stockholders wont be pleased in the end if the govt decides they make more than their "share" of the money.

I'm a little confused as to what you are saying or asking. I agree the ideal point in starting a small business is to make profit for yourself and your employees. And I think you took what i meant by share the wrong way. There is nothing wrong with the "small business owner" making profit for themselves and employees (spreading the wealth). But it also wouldn't hurt them if they had less tax cuts and bigger companies paid more in taxes. Not sure if that came out right to respond to your question but I tried lol.

AirMax95
10-16-2008, 02:30 PM

ETA: LOL @ bresh of freath air.

Like Chris Rock said, he hired his nurse, lol :lmfao:

jwrape
10-16-2008, 02:41 PM
Like it was said before, I don't know if there is a undecided voter at this stage of the game, but I know I was undecided for about a month. I just didn't know which evil I wanted in office because honestly there were better candidates that were running that just plainly ran out of money and support. But eventually I heard what I wanted to hear to take a side.
One of the largest things that bother me is the statement of "distributing the wealth".... If I work for MY money, I don't want to be taxed MORE on it to give it to some poor guy that can't make what I make. I know that might sound selfish but to counter act that thought I give a good chunk of money away every year for charities and organizations that support those that are less fortunate. In simple terms, I should have the choice to give to those people, i shouldn't be forces to by the IRS that really has no Legal right to charge those taxes in the first place, but that's another story all together. Let's not give the Government more power than they already have.

DrivenMind
10-16-2008, 02:57 PM
At his age a break in pre-senile dementia, could allow him to fight a little more like his former self.