PDA

View Full Version : Misc Bring Me The Horizon - Suicide Season & Haste The Day - Dreamer...

ubers2k
10-15-2008, 05:08 PM
I don't know who all picked up these two albums, but they're pretty good. BMTH definitely changed their sound (not really deathcore now), and Haste the Day has hints of Burning Bridges and When Everything Falls in their new stuff.

Anyway, I have both, so if anyone wants them, let me know.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/5/54/Suicide_Season.jpg/200px-Suicide_Season.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Suicide_Season.jpg) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/15/HastethedayDREAMER.jpg/200px-HastethedayDREAMER.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:HastethedayDREAMER.jpg)

alpine_aw11
10-15-2008, 05:11 PM
Shit if you could hook me up with both I would greatly appreciate it.

and btw, did you check out All Shall Perish:Awaken the Dreamers?

Their sound changed a lot, but it's great stuff.

ubers2k
10-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Shit if you could hook me up with both I would greatly appreciate it.

and btw, did you check out All Shall Perish:Awaken the Dreamers?

Their sound changed a lot, but it's great stuff.

I'm uploading the cds now, so I'll PM you when I get them up.

And yea, I actually got the ASP cd a week before release. I like it, but more towards the end. I still love ASP's older stuff though. They should be here with JFAC in December. Can't fucking wait.

ubers2k
10-15-2008, 06:17 PM
and...

PM sent!

alpine_aw11
10-15-2008, 07:12 PM
I'm uploading the cds now, so I'll PM you when I get them up.

And yea, I actually got the ASP cd a week before release. I like it, but more towards the end. I still love ASP's older stuff though. They should be here with JFAC in December. Can't fucking wait.

I would def. agree about the new ASP being better towards the end. A lot of people are bitching about it but I think the more refined style was a good move, I'm sick of metal bands making the same shit over and over again. But all people care about anymore is how heavy it is, which is ruining it for the really good bands. Thanks for the CD's man. I usually pay for my music but funding is low right now lol.

ubers2k
10-15-2008, 11:09 PM
I would def. agree about the new ASP being better towards the end. A lot of people are bitching about it but I think the more refined style was a good move, I'm sick of metal bands making the same shit over and over again. But all people care about anymore is how heavy it is, which is ruining it for the really good bands. Thanks for the CD's man. I usually pay for my music but funding is low right now lol.

I'll admit that I love my music heavy, but I do like it when a band trys a few new things, while still keeping their roots and holding their own style. Deathcore in general is getting played out though, but I do still love a pig squeel every now and then. lol

You're welcome for the cds. I always do this, considering I know money is tight. So keep an eye out for my posts in here, as some more cds will be releasing soon that I'll post up.

Hulud
10-16-2008, 09:17 AM
hey hook it up y0!

i want to see how bad christian scene metalcore has become

ubers2k
10-16-2008, 09:46 AM
hey hook it up y0!

i want to see how bad christian scene metalcore has become

Haha nice.

I'll pm you in a second

alpine_aw11
10-16-2008, 10:05 AM
Ok, as I've stated before I liked ASP's move towards a more structured and refined style, while still holding true to their roots. Their previous two CD's were sick, I will always love them.

But as much as I love bands growing and evolving, BMTH blew it. I mean really. Oli is even more whiny on this one than the previous two, and that's saying a good bit. They changed, but they lost that trademark raw style. I don't think they're good enough to try and "grow up" like they did. A couple of the songs were the usual badass BMTH, but overall I say it was a failed attempt. I haven't checked Haste the Day out but I do hope they mixed in more of the old style with the new more so than they did with Pressure the Hinges.

ubers2k
10-16-2008, 10:16 AM
I dunno. It's definitely different. I'm still trying to get past the first few songs, because I have really bad music add and I'll go from them to fuckin' Andrew W.K.

alpine_aw11
10-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Holy shit. Haste the Day is so on point with this new stuff so far. I didn't like Pressure the Hinges, but this is pretty great stuff. Goes back to the old style.

Hulud
10-16-2008, 10:43 AM
Damn listening to the comedown i cant wait to listen to the rest of Bring me the Horizon's CD

group/shared vocals are always sick

Hulud
10-16-2008, 10:45 AM
LOL @ Haste the Day through 1 song though.

its all regurgitated metalcore. nothing really that interesting i guess i will have to sit through the rest of the CD sometime

alpine_aw11
10-16-2008, 12:48 PM
Now I like the BMTH cd a lot more, and Dreamers a lot less. I never get it right the first time I listen to a CD.

Hulud
10-16-2008, 12:52 PM
i just realized why i like BMTH's CD they sound very similar to Embrace The End

ubers2k
10-16-2008, 08:32 PM
I finally sat through the BMTH cd and I love it. It's different, sure, but damn it has some catchy stuff.

alpine_aw11
10-16-2008, 08:35 PM
That's what always got BMTH ahead, they write catchy shit. Nothing new or exceptional by any means, but fuckin catchy. I really wish the vocals were still as extreme though, I always thought that helped set them apart from the masses.

ubers2k
10-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Yeah, but if the vocals were as crazy as previous work, they'd still be classified as a deathcore band, and from what I've read, they're trying to pull away from that genre. I'm just wondering on where they plan on going musically with this. It'll be interesting.

alpine_aw11
10-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Yea I can tell they're trying to move away from that, but damn this cd would have been so much better with the same old vocals.

Justin.
10-17-2008, 04:23 PM
I'll take both, TIA...

ubers2k
10-17-2008, 11:24 PM
I'll take both, TIA...

will do. :goodjob: