PDA

View Full Version : Did y'all know Cool Cat Racing closed?

Tracy
10-15-2008, 04:27 PM
http://www.coolcatracing.com/

Read the home page.

fawk_you
10-15-2008, 04:33 PM
No bad reason behind it, most of the workers there have just moved on.

Tracy
10-15-2008, 04:35 PM
No bad reason behind it, most of the workers there have just moved on.

I didn't assume there was a bad reason. I actually just assumed the economy was sucky. A few shops have closed recently I think. I hear Top Hat closed too, but haven't verified it.

fawk_you
10-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Worded that wrong. Sorry chick. Well I know that Tripper and his wife are doing the whole retired thing, and ryan just scored an awesome new job doing engineering. So a pay raise would definitely lead me to want to close down a shop. They are keeping it for their own purposes though.

Tracy
10-15-2008, 04:44 PM
Worded that wrong. Sorry chick. Well I know that Tripper and his wife are doing the whole retired thing, and ryan just scored an awesome new job doing engineering. So a pay raise would definitely lead me to want to close down a shop. They are keeping it for their own purposes though.I feel that. Dan and I hope to do the same ASAP. F.uck working on others cars. They never appreciate what goes into it. I'd much rather have the lifts and dynos at my crib and work on our friends cars.

Gutling
10-15-2008, 04:46 PM
I did not know, aww I liked them :( Lol stopped me from combusting in a 240 with a leaky gas line once.

wantboost
10-15-2008, 04:47 PM
there was a thread on a few other forums a month or two ago about why they closed.

Tracy
10-15-2008, 04:47 PM
there was a thread on a few other forums a month or two ago about why they closed.I saw it on SEDA but I didn't read why it had closed.

fawk_you
10-15-2008, 04:48 PM
I feel that. Dan and I hope to do the same ASAP. F.uck working on others cars. They never appreciate what goes into it. I'd much rather have the lifts and dynos at my crib and work on our friends cars.

exactly.

Tracy
10-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Oh sh.it LA did you know XAT closed too?

Tracy
10-15-2008, 04:53 PM
Ther 240 atl post:
As of the end of this week CCR will officially no longer be in business. I told myself when I started this venture so many years ago that when it started getting in the way of my love of racing and building cars I would walk away. Everyone tells you growing up to find something you love and make a career out of it. This really isn't a good idea because it turns what you once loved into a job and it becomes work, not a love. I'm walking away while I still have the passion and the love for what I do. Business has been great but that only compounds the problem and the stress of worrying if everything is getting done and then maintaining the business side of things. The shop will still be here and I'll still be doing some minor things on the side but it will mostly be a "man cave" as my mother puts it. Its just an extension of my garage and a place that allows Tripper and I to store and play with our cars when we feel like it and not have to have all that stuff at home. I'm moving up to being a Mechanical Engineer to use my talents in a more stable environment and keep my passion for cars separate so that I can still enjoy it. Its an opportunity for me to make significantly more money and still keep what I love and the facility to do it in. I guess I get my cake and can eat it too for once. Anyone who wants to get ahold of me can still email me at Ryan@coolcatracing or reach me on the other methods if you know my number. I'll still be on the forums as well so don't think I'm going anywhere.

fawk_you
10-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Yea see.... his self purposes. I dont blame him/them one bit.

Oh sh.it LA did you know XAT closed too?
Yes mam' they closed earlier this year. If you PM me ill tell you why. That was insurance logistics.

Z33_kid
10-15-2008, 04:57 PM
wow thats sucks but kewl they moved on to better things they enjoy

Nittanys1
10-15-2008, 05:14 PM
I didn't know this till now, suxs as I had a few mutual friends who were involved in there shop.

koi
10-15-2008, 07:10 PM
I pass by Tophat everyday. I haven't seen them open in maybe 2-4 months. I remember I got something done to my car there and within two weeks they closed down.

FORTHEWIN
10-15-2008, 07:11 PM
oh i thought they put another crank in backwards

2turbo4u
10-15-2008, 08:26 PM
I have noticed Top Hat closed for at least two months also.

slostang
10-15-2008, 08:30 PM
yep. found out about it a few weeks ago from some of ryans friends.

redrumracer
10-15-2008, 08:33 PM
glad there doing what they want with life. cant blame them for that.