PDA

View Full Version : Radar Detector ASAP

dtmcnamara
10-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Hey guys. I need to borrow someones radar detector for the weekend.

I know this is sort of weird but I am leaving for Hastings Minnesota Thursday night for my uncles funeral and really need/want 2 detectors. I have a beltronics but would rather depend on 2 rather than 1. If you have a good detector (other than a bel) and would be willing to let me borrow it for the weekend let me know. I would be willing to give you something in return to hold on to until I get back.

THANKS

MongolPup
10-14-2008, 09:58 PM
I can already see the responses to this thread not being what you want. But I'm sorry for your loss.

TheGodfather
10-14-2008, 09:59 PM
Radar detectors are useless when everyone uses laser.

dtmcnamara
10-14-2008, 10:01 PM
i know. I got a RX65, just looking for a blinder, V1, or anything else.

I trust the Bel RX65, just like I said 2 is better than 1.

I figured nothing would come from this, but who knows maybe something will...its not like I am some noob asking for some shit.

been on IA for a minute, Ebay trusted seller since 1999, lived with the parents in the same house since 1989

dtmcnamara
10-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Radar detectors are useless when everyone uses laser.

well throw me a laser detector/jammer. i would love to borrow a blinder unit. I have been wanting to see on in action for a while now

Nismo
10-14-2008, 11:18 PM
I dont know if you know this, but if you put two in the same car they will interfere with each other. Me an a friend did that with my 8500x50 and his V1. We found a speed sign and would see when each detector would go off. When we used both detectors at the same time they wouldnt go off until we were right on top of the sign. Just a little food for thought. That and mine kept setting off the v1's laser.

scabtastic
10-14-2008, 11:24 PM
^^^ i was about to say that, i had my passport 9500i and a V1 in my car and both started going crazy

JConner
10-14-2008, 11:41 PM
a CB radio is the best radar detector you could ever ask for. Go to radio shack and get a cheap one. The truck drivers tell you (everyone listening) exactly where every cop is sitting, what mile marker, direction, etc... I have one that I only put on my car for long trips and it is amazing! It's fun to listen to their conversations too. Occasionally I will get on the radio if I see a cop getting on the interstate to let everyone know what direction he is headed and what mile marker he's at in case none of the truck drivers have announced it yet.

P.S. keep it on channel 19 if you get one. That is the channel that all of the truckers are on.

dtmcnamara
10-15-2008, 05:30 AM
I dont know if you know this, but if you put two in the same car they will interfere with each other. Me an a friend did that with my 8500x50 and his V1. We found a speed sign and would see when each detector would go off. When we used both detectors at the same time they wouldnt go off until we were right on top of the sign. Just a little food for thought. That and mine kept setting off the v1's laser.

really that is some good food for though. I am glad you guys said something about this. I was actually going to purcdhase a V1 eventually then a blinder unit, but now I guess I will just get the blinder unit

also about the CD radio. I have thought about that, something with a scan tool on it. Always heard that works well, but just never had a place to put it in the car since the radios were do big,