PDA

View Full Version : Please pray for my uncle

dtmcnamara
10-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Ok so last night I got a call that my Uncle Chad was "code blue". He was apparently admitted yesterday morning to the hospital with internal bleeding and he was peeing blood.

I was like WTF hes gone? They said he was brain dead and not responding to anything. It was like a shock, I was so confused. I didnt even know he was doing bad or anything.

A little history about him.

He has been fighting cancer for the last 10 years. Within the last 2 years it has been getting worse and worse. He hasnt been able to work for the last 5 years and the last year to two he had been in a wheel chair.

The past few months is what really got me. The medicine has been eating away at his body internally. He has been having failures left and right but the worse part of it all is that it has been taking a toll on his marriage and his kids.

He has 2 kids that both hate him. Because of all of the medicine it has literally made him crazy. He is almost bi-polar and I guess one can only take so much yelling and stuff sick or not.

I know they still love him but the kids have moved out of their dads house, along with his wife ( i think this took a huge toll on why his health has suddenly went down hill )

Well back to my uncle...

He was labeled "code blue" yesterday night. They said no body movement, or signs of brain activity. I was in shock. Well then I was informed this morning that he came back?

WTF?

I dont know what is going on. I am right now searching for a flight to Minnesota to see him. They are only giving him a few more days and they arent even certain about that. I mean to lable someone dead then say well maybe not.

I hope everything turns around, but even looking on the bring side, internally he is bleeding. They dont know from where. The medicines have torn his insides up so much that the slightest mistake could cause even more harm. Then you have the brain damage already from being i guess "dead" then coming back.

All I can do right now is pray that everything goes well. If he passes I hope it is peacefully. I know he has been in incredible pain through the last years.

Please everyone keep chad in your prayers.

Brett
10-14-2008, 01:42 PM
Like you all did for me, I will pray for your family!!

Sammich
10-14-2008, 01:46 PM
DAMN MAN..I'M SORRY KID. I HOPE SOME KIND OF TURN AROUND WILL OCCUR

Red_Phoenix
10-14-2008, 01:50 PM
I'll keep him in my prayers that he will pass peacefully

DJ Maestro
10-14-2008, 01:51 PM
Praying for your uncle.

dtmcnamara
10-14-2008, 01:52 PM
DAMN MAN..I'M SORRY KID. I HOPE SOME KIND OF TURN AROUND WILL OCCUR
so do i, but then again.... Please dont get me wrong

He has just been in so much pain I just want what is best for him. Its just kind of crazy that this all happened in almost one day. I found a flight for tomorrow morning but I am not sure if I can afford everything. A flight there, a flight back. No paycheck from work.

I will have to see if I can up the limit on my credit card asap. I hope they can for an emergency..,

UpSideDownDesi
10-14-2008, 01:54 PM
I'll keep the family in prayer.

Sammich
10-14-2008, 01:55 PM
I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM, SOMETIMES THEY ARE JUST BETTER OFF DYING EVEN AS MEAN AS THAT SOUNDS. ITS BETTER TO DIE AND REST THAN TO LIVE AND SUFFER.

dtmcnamara
10-14-2008, 01:57 PM
i know. Like I said its horrible to say but I just want what is BEST for him.

Kevykev
10-14-2008, 02:17 PM
Prayed man!

AirMax95
10-14-2008, 02:37 PM
Prayers sent....

dtmcnamara
10-14-2008, 06:05 PM
well i got a call a few minutes ago. chad passed away hours after they took him off life support. I am still trying to find a way to get up to MN. I think I will be driving now since flying is WAY to expensive.

I will just need to pick up a few qts of oil and a filter once I get up to MN to do an oil change.

Looks like it will be $200-300 to drive up there, and $500ish to fly. I dont mind driving, in fact I enjoy driving. It gives me a chance to just think and free my mind..

I am awaiting details on the funeral. I may leave tomorrow, or thursday...I dont know yet.

Kevykev
10-14-2008, 06:07 PM
sorry to here man, have a safe trip and stay strong.

dtmcnamara
10-14-2008, 06:10 PM
it should be nice and peaceful. I havent been up to minneapolis in a few years...hopefully I can get some good MPG on the highway. I may do a little tuneup before I go to try and get a few more MPG's...

spec the plugs
check all tire pressure
check all fluids
pack a few extra fluids
leave the top up.....lol (BS top down all 1,153 miles there)
clean air filter

What else should I check to try and get a few more MPG's?

Kevykev
10-14-2008, 06:43 PM
it should be nice and peaceful. I havent been up to minneapolis in a few years...hopefully I can get some good MPG on the highway. I may do a little tuneup before I go to try and get a few more MPG's...

spec the plugs
check all tire pressure
check all fluids
pack a few extra fluids
leave the top up.....lol (BS top down all 1,153 miles there)
clean air filter

What else should I check to try and get a few more MPG's?

That sums it up, only thing left is to Skip Gears and stay light on the gas. :cheers:

Leadfoot_mf
10-14-2008, 10:42 PM
sorry to hear about this have a safe trip and stay out of trouble.

Jimmy B
10-14-2008, 10:55 PM
Sorry to hear about your uncle man, but it might have been best for him and his body, but i am sorry.

The drive up to the twin cities isnt really a bad drive at all, took me 20 hours, but with a preggo wife .. its a nice drive especially this time of year. Be safe on the drive, and have fun!