PDA

View Full Version : How important is Religion to you in this race?

DrivenMind
10-13-2008, 11:17 PM
Simple question, and I expect honest answer. Does religion play a part in how you're political opinion is formed, or how you're going to vote?

EJ25RUN
10-13-2008, 11:22 PM
repost.

DrivenMind
10-13-2008, 11:24 PM
son of a bitch.

DrivenMind
10-13-2008, 11:31 PM
Delete thread please. Apparently I don't spend enough time on here to realize when I'm bringing up a topic that's already been covered.

alpine_aw11
10-14-2008, 08:08 AM
As long as they aren't scientologists.

AlanŽ
10-14-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't care. There is a thing called seperation of chruch and stat

DrivenMind
10-14-2008, 02:38 PM
There is a thing called seperation of chruch and stat

And that "thing" is all but non-existent.

BanginJimmy
10-15-2008, 10:12 AM
I don't care. There is a thing called seperation of chruch and stat

there is a seperation, but at the same time people make decisions based on morals and personal beliefs. Especially in a term where he may nominate up to 3 supreme counrt justices he could really sway the direction of this country for a LONG time.

Spektrewing386
10-15-2008, 02:23 PM
the true meaning of religion is (at least the 3 Abrahamic ones) "dont be an asshole". But some people act like assholes because of relgion, not seeing the wider meaning.

AlanŽ
10-15-2008, 02:38 PM
there is a seperation, but at the same time people make decisions based on morals and personal beliefs. Especially in a term where he may nominate up to 3 supreme counrt justices he could really sway the direction of this country for a LONG time.
And that's what I'm considered with. To me all religion is basically the same.

metalman
10-15-2008, 03:05 PM
the true meaning of religion is (at least the 3 Abrahamic ones) "dont be an asshole". But some people act like assholes because of relgion, not seeing the wider meaning.

Eggzachery! :goodjob:

blaknoize
10-15-2008, 07:23 PM
Spelled ridiculous wrong :rolleyes:

But its a non-issue to me, religion.

EJ25RUN
10-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Separate Church and state as far as possible is my stance.

flak_monkey
10-22-2008, 05:38 PM
I'd prefer we had a leader who didn't think "GOD TALKS TO ME" and "GOD WANTS ME TO BE PRESIDENT"

rrutter81
10-22-2008, 08:06 PM
barack is christian btw

flak_monkey
10-22-2008, 08:53 PM
barack is christian btwI know but unlike Bush, I'm not painfully aware of him claiming that god wants him to do this and that.

flak_monkey
10-22-2008, 08:56 PM
this imbecile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g0d3_KE5js

Spektrewing386
10-22-2008, 09:47 PM
Does the preacher not know that Allah is the same God he prays to?

I also like the added touch of the ROTC soldier or something in the background at right shoulder.

JTImport
11-03-2008, 03:01 PM
As a Christian I can say that GOD has an impact on EVERYTHING I do. Not that I always do what I am supposed to.

You CAN NOT be a true follower of Christ and not let it effect your decision! If you say you can then you need to look at your salvation a little closer! ;)

Let me put it this way, I would rather have GOD influence my decision rather then the price of gas!

james
11-03-2008, 10:05 PM
its called the separation of church and state. god has no place in the government.

JTImport
11-04-2008, 09:03 AM
"its called the separation of church and state. god has no place in the government."

As long as this is a free country God will have a place in government. That's my choice. I am after all still entitled to it and free to make sure it stays that way!!

Spektrewing386
11-04-2008, 03:34 PM
JTImport, that statement makes no sense. A truley "free" country isnt totally "free" if its offically involving religion and government.

Technically, we dont even have an offical language.

a lot of people are confusing the word "morales" and "religion". religion was first 'invented' to give people explaination of why things in the world happen. Why the sun comes up and the tide comes in. Now its come into tell us that we have to eat a little wheat cookie thing while making the sign of a cross (there was even huge debate a few hundred years ago wether it should be done with 2 fingers or all fingers), telling us to pray 3 times a day in a certain direction. To revolve our entire life around 1 guy who lived way way back.
And yes religion has steered mankind to do good things and some bad, but by this point mankind has learned that its not ok to murder or comit adultry.

Well if a government offical needs a religious figure to tell him what the right morale thing to do is, then i dont think he has it in his heart and mind to do the right thing himself and such should not be in a decision making position. Might as well replace Congress with a Bible flowchart or something if government is going to be involved in religion.

I forgot which comedian said this but he said that if you need a WWJD bracelet to remind yourself to be a good person, then you can take that bracelet and [goes through the motion of snaping braclet in eye].

We cant get rid of religion though. Its culture! Its culture just like food, language, music, and dress. And culture should be preserved and practiced, just dont take it too seriously... like hotdogs and nachos (american food culture) you cant eat everynight, and such you think freely and not go super duper religious and stuff.