PDA

View Full Version : my white IS vs. 997 GT3

GGPIS3
10-13-2008, 04:46 PM
the other night i stopped by bp to see if anyone was out and about. nobody was there so i rolled down to indian trail and again, nothing to be found. i decided to head back home and on the way a silver 997 GT3 pulls up. i wasn't sure if he wanted to play, so i dropped it a gear and just gave him a little taste. he immediately fell for my tactics and we slowed down to about 60.. on the first 2 runs, i will admit to jumping him only because i don't think he could hear my horn over my brake-boosting. so i got the jump and the first 2 runs were identical with me pulling about 2 cars ahead till 120.. around 120-130 he would start to pull back and would eventually overtake me but we would both shut down at about that time. on the 3rd run, he honked and i nailed the 3rd honk, almost seemed like i jumped him again, but this time i pulled about 2.5 cars... and about 125-130 he reeled me back in but we shut down pretty much side by side.

not so sure if this is considered a win... but i was still happy that i pulled the initial 2 or so cars. i thought i was going to be murdered. that is all.

Jason..
10-13-2008, 04:51 PM
Nice kill man.

keevo54
10-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Yea the GT3 not all that impressive in a straight line but it can handle like no other.

Was the driver a black guy? On 85?

http://img2.putfile.com/main/7/20600280587.jpg

OneSlow5pt0
10-13-2008, 04:56 PM
^^the one are 85,is he short black guy in white GT3?

OnURleft
10-13-2008, 05:08 PM
I know that GT3 if it was a huge black guy. He's a pro ball player who's an active poster on Bimmerforums. I road race with him, we are frequently in the same solo groups at Chin events. He's a great guy and a real enthusiast and will almost never turn down a race. His driving is good but relaxed, he dosn't push envelopes like he does on the pro football field. Put it this way, me and him and few others would all pit out at the same time to mess around, yet i'm in a mildly prepped E36 M3 and he's in a GT3 (both on R comps). He's out there for fun not to win. Hah he ran over my thumb in that GT3 once..hurt like a bit..ch. Still got a scar

He also owns an S63 and a modded M6. Him and his buddies are always at the track and they are just great, down to earth, fun people to hang out with. They know cars too.

keevo54
10-13-2008, 07:03 PM
lol some of ur infos a lil old but dont post up their names...not cool

OnURleft
10-13-2008, 08:18 PM
lol some of ur infos a lil old but dont post up their names...not cool

Probably. Haven't hung out with him since summer and he's always changing up the cars. Your probably right, will delete the names out of respect. I'll ask him if he minds, as he is open about it at the events he's at and on other forums.

hydroshutter
10-13-2008, 08:24 PM
I thought Mike's GT3 was white?

redrumracer
10-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Probably. Haven't hung out with him since summer and he's always changing up the cars. Your probably right, will delete the names out of respect. I'll ask him if he minds, as he is open about it at the events he's at and on other forums.
doesnt do any good when his quote still has the names.

and nice kill

OnURleft
10-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I thought Mike's GT3 was white?

That white GT3 belonged to my neighbor and that's how I met him. He no longer has that one for private reasons.

doesnt do any good when his quote still has the names.

and nice kill

I know.

keevo54
10-13-2008, 08:28 PM
Yea hes cool about its just different when hes racing on the street and at the track.

OnURleft
10-13-2008, 08:31 PM
Yea hes cool about its just different when hes racing on the street and at the track.

He had a white 996 GT3 but .....

Actually that info needs to be kept completely private. I was there when that happened and it should never be information that gets out.

Dan have you ever run your white IS. I didn't think know it was that quick.

hydroshutter
10-13-2008, 10:11 PM
Actually that info needs to be kept completely private. I was there when that happened and it should never be information that gets out.

It doesn't matter if it's said or not...

(look at my occupation ;))

SicStang03
10-13-2008, 10:33 PM
Nice kill.. On my way home Friday night there was a silver 997 Turbo and a yellow Ferrari behind me that jumped on the highway to play. They kept trying me, but I wasn't even close to operating temp since I had just left my friends house. They probably thought I was a little bitch.. lol

GGPIS3
10-13-2008, 11:29 PM
Yea the GT3 not all that impressive in a straight line but it can handle like no other.

Was the driver a black guy? On 85?

http://img2.putfile.com/main/7/20600280587.jpg

yes he was ;)

GGPIS3
10-13-2008, 11:33 PM

neither did i lol... never took it to the track either. :goodjob:

OnURleft
10-14-2008, 03:00 AM
It doesn't matter if it's said or not...

(look at my occupation ;))

It's not an insurance issue. Believe me my uncle is my insurance agent and he has seen some of my time trail events in person, in cars he knows his agents are insuring. It's the simple fact that he could jepordize his career if his coaches found out. Details like that need to be kept off of public forums with names..out of respect. I know these guys much more than a hey at a car meet and they'd appreciate it.

collins
10-14-2008, 04:07 AM
Dan have you ever run your white IS. I didn't think know it was that quick. it suprised the hell outta me, thats for sure... he stayed DEAD EVEN with me from a 40 kick. not sure what would happen from a dig :dunno:

keevo54
10-14-2008, 05:59 AM
It's not an insurance issue. Believe me my uncle is my insurance agent and he has seen some of my time trail events in person, in cars he knows his agents are insuring. It's the simple fact that he could jepordize his career if his coaches found out. Details like that need to be kept off of public forums with names..out of respect. I know these guys much more than a hey at a car meet and they'd appreciate it.

LOL YESSIR mr popular. Doesnt matter if ur uncles an insurance agent. No insurance will cover a claim from a time trial. Dude it happened in the way off season.

Btw the GT3 has drop in filter and rims so it is pretty much bone stock

GGPIS3
10-14-2008, 11:07 AM
so does someone know this guy?

keevo54
10-14-2008, 11:16 AM
so does someone know this guy?
Yea. Ill prolly drop by his house this weekend and ask him about you alls race

GGPIS3
10-14-2008, 11:19 AM
no shit.. so whats he do for a living? let him know his car looks sick ;)

keevo54
10-14-2008, 12:04 PM
I'll drop u a pm when I get on my comp and send u some vids of the gt3 on the street

GGPIS3
10-14-2008, 12:16 PM
nice... i got a few guys who wouldn't mind a doing a few pulls on video with him. lmk.

Evolunchbox
10-14-2008, 03:18 PM
nice... i got a few guys who wouldn't mind a doing a few pulls on video with him. lmk.

:ninja:

OnURleft
10-14-2008, 04:25 PM
LOL YESSIR mr popular. Doesnt matter if ur uncles an insurance agent. No insurance will cover a claim from a time trial. Dude it happened in the way off season.

Btw the GT3 has drop in filter and rims so it is pretty much bone stock

Hydro assumed I said not to talk about it for insurance reasons when that is irrelevant. Your not even covered like you said and my insurance provider and myself are aware of that when I do events.
It doesn't matter if it happened in the off season, on season etc, he denies it no matter what random fans ask him about it or something related and it shouldn't be publically announced here unless you feel like being a d..ick

What's your point? I know all about the car. Ask him about the kid with the black M3 that was put into the wall by a 996 GT3 when it poped a coolant line. That was his first weekend on R888's.

GGPIS3
10-14-2008, 04:45 PM
:ninja:

lol.. it wouldn't be fair to bring you along unless you ran off your wastegate spring. even then, u would tear all us a new ahole

Maniacc
10-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Dan does the IS have the same powa as it did when you ran Geo?

keevo54
10-14-2008, 05:12 PM
pm sent

GGPIS3
10-14-2008, 05:36 PM
Dan does the IS have the same powa as it did when you ran Geo?

yes sir... but the air was colder out this past friday night. and i brake boosted unlike my runs with geo.

speedminded
10-14-2008, 06:14 PM
Hydro assumed I said not to talk about it for insurance reasons when that is irrelevant. Your not even covered like you said and my insurance provider and myself are aware of that when I do events.
It doesn't matter if it happened in the off season, on season etc, he denies it no matter what random fans ask him about it or something related and it shouldn't be publically announced here unless you feel like being a d..ick

What's your point? I know all about the car. Ask him about the kid with the black M3 that was put into the wall by a 996 GT3 when it poped a coolant line. That was his first weekend on R888's.ohhh, that was you with the nasty gash from the side airbag on your arm. :doh:

OnURleft
10-14-2008, 08:39 PM
ohhh, that was you with the nasty gash from the side airbag on your arm. :doh:

That was me. Black ice is no fun. I've seen you no the forum but have we met? Did you take a look at that Zo6 behind me? I regret not having Mr. X named Red Gt3 owner pay for all of it but I did not want to start any problems on an already great day. I finished putting the car back together on a Thursday and ran CCA that Friday hahah.

speedminded
10-14-2008, 11:48 PM
That was me. Black ice is no fun. I've seen you no the forum but have we met? Did you take a look at that Zo6 behind me? I regret not having Mr. X named Red Gt3 owner pay for all of it but I did not want to start any problems on an already great day. I finished putting the car back together on a Thursday and ran CCA that Friday hahah.Yeah I was there, whoever I was with knew you but I can't remember who it was lol?! Been at the track a dozen times since and I'm on cold medicine and can't sleep...maybe I'll remember later! The Z06 was TRASHED, under a car cover it was barely recognizable as a corvette :tongue:

OnURleft
10-15-2008, 11:36 AM
Yeah I was there, whoever I was with knew you but I can't remember who it was lol?! Been at the track a dozen times since and I'm on cold medicine and can't sleep...maybe I'll remember later! The Z06 was TRASHED, under a car cover it was barely recognizable as a corvette :tongue:

I know I couldn't believe they were perfectly fine. I don't know what happened to him. They claimed to just break the rear end on 12 (coolant spill I dunno??) but the kid driving was going beyond what he was capable of i.m.o and I don't even know if the GT3 was spilling there like it did at 1. He was refusing to let me by for a few laps then when I squeezed by and proceeded to run away I noticed him trying to match what I was doing then boom...Then all the sudden it was a complete loss of any type of traction for me.

hydroshutter
10-15-2008, 04:32 PM

Is that so? Why aren't you on their forum then?

OnURleft
10-16-2008, 02:59 AM
Is that so? Why aren't you on their forum then?

Why do I need to be a part of another forum? I am a part of plenty..Why does it matter if i'm on there forum? I see this person and his friends on a regular basis at a lot of the off seaon club events. I don't need to take time out of my day to check another forum.
They are just people who I see in person on several occasions doing the same hobby and who I have specifically noticed keep quiet when it came to relate there hobbies (car racing, passing, wrecking etc.) and their career. Also, when accusations by interviewers (radio etc.) were asked if this person does do this stuff(racing) is was rubbed off like it was not true. Also an instructor told me his coaches do NOT know about these hobbies implying it would be bad if they did. Therefor, those reasons are WHY I believe info on the wreck etc. should be kept quiet out of respect, because from what I have heard he would not like everyone in the general public to know. For example, OMG X athlete does this hobby, if he wrecks he could loose his career he shouldn't do that (and not get to continue what he loves). Get me?

keevo54
10-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Why do I need to be a part of another forum? I am a part of plenty..Why does it matter if i'm on there forum? I see this person and his friends on a regular basis at a lot of the off seaon club events. I don't need to take time out of my day to check another forum.
They are just people who I see in person on several occasions doing the same hobby and who I have specifically noticed keep quiet when it came to relate there hobbies (car racing, passing, wrecking etc.) and their career. Also, when accusations by interviewers (radio etc.) were asked if this person does do this stuff(racing) is was rubbed off like it was not true. Also an instructor told me his coaches do NOT know about these hobbies implying it would be bad if they did. Therefor, those reasons are WHY I believe info on the wreck etc. should be kept quiet out of respect, because from what I have heard he would not like everyone in the general public to know. For example, OMG X athlete does this hobby, if he wrecks he could loose his career he shouldn't do that (and not get to continue what he loves). Get me?

Wow ur intelligence overwhelms me. Lol wrecking as a hobby :lmfao: . Thank you for your input and it is great to see how you two are such great friends

hydroshutter
10-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Wow ur intelligence overwhelms me. Lol wrecking as a hobby :lmfao: . Thank you for your input and it is great to see how you two are such great friends

That's what I was thinking :lmfao:

Nyteryder
10-16-2008, 01:05 PM
Nice kill dan, ok back to my bunker.

Evolunchbox
10-16-2008, 02:16 PM

How are you man!?! Stay alert out there bud! We miss ya and thank you for what you are doing for us!:cheers:

hydroshutter
10-16-2008, 02:18 PM

No Cobras can beat you there :taun:

OnURleft
10-16-2008, 08:30 PM

Who said anything about great friends? I just know he'd appreciate if little phuckers didn't go around telling everyone he wrecked his GT3 into a wall in the off season? Almost anyone would not like that, including those who don't want the general public to know.... You sound like a little b.itch school girl trying to get attention.

hydroshutter
10-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Would you shut the fuck up about it already? YOU, yes you, are the only one who keeps rephrasing the same fucking post over, and over, and over again.

OnURleft
10-16-2008, 08:37 PM
Would you shut the fuck up about it already? YOU, yes you, are the only one who keeps rephrasing the same fucking post over, and over, and over again.

says the nut hugging friend

hydroshutter
10-16-2008, 08:41 PM
says the nut hugging friend

Says the person who knows the people better than you do that you're boasting their friendship.

OnURleft
10-16-2008, 08:51 PM
Says the person who knows the people better than you do that you're boasting their friendship.

I've yet to boast? I just corrected you and provided evidence so people know what I speak is true. You seem to know him so well, yet you lack the most obvious forms of respect... At the next event, i'll ask him if he likes it when people discuss what ya'll advertise.

hydroshutter
10-16-2008, 09:10 PM
I've yet to boast? I just corrected you and provided evidence so people know what I speak is true. You seem to know him so well, yet you lack the most obvious forms of respect... At the next event, i'll ask him if he likes it when people discuss what ya'll advertise.

What I advertise? Please elaborate.

I'm afraid you're a bit confused. I haven't discussed anything specific, nor have I mentioned any names. Please QUOTE what I have said. This is so stupid to even debate about. I noticed your Birthdate and got a better understanding of your weak basis of opinion.

Furthermore, you must be in a giant room to hold your ego.

OnURleft
10-16-2008, 09:19 PM
What I advertise? Please elaborate.

I'm afraid you're a bit confused. I haven't discussed anything specific, nor have I mentioned any names. Please QUOTE what I have said. This is so stupid to even debate about. I noticed your Birthdate and got a better understanding of your weak basis of opinion.

Furthermore, you must be in a giant room to hold your ego.

Your right. You didn't other than back a person that specifically announced something that really is just not cool to announce. Something I learned from an instructor at an event with this person. That's all I'm going to say about that. End. I apologize if you believe I was making you out to do something you didn't.
I don't know about a large room, but I do know the birth date is false, as is most of my public information for private reasons. If I wanted to post video's and have a big ego i'd advertise the stuff I do/with who..but I always have kept a low key around public places.

hydroshutter
10-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Your right. You didn't other than back a person that specifically announced something that really is just not cool to announce. Something I learned from an instructor at an event with this person. That's all I'm going to say about that. End. I apologize if you believe I was making you out to do something you didn't.
I don't know about a large room, but I do know the birth date is false, as is most of my public information for private reasons. If I wanted to post video's and have a big ego i'd advertise the stuff I do/with who..but I always have kept a low key around public places.

I backed nothing except my own personal work-related experiences in finding loopholes with litigation tactics. Did you even inquire as to what type of Insurance field I was in? You didn't.

To be honest with you, I had no information as to what happened, you painted it so thoroughly that I formed my own semi-accurate conclusion.

As stated in my rep, I would still like to shoot the proverbial. No hard feelings (minus the stfu comment- I've had a few beers :\)

Psycho
10-17-2008, 12:54 AM
Thread jackers!!!!

OnURleft
10-17-2008, 01:26 AM
Hahah. Anyhow...

A sick almost kill for the Lexus! I'd like to see that Lexus get some #'s at the track. I remember rolling next to Dan while some other cars were running and trying to keep up with it in in pursuit of the other cars racing. Needless to say I got pulled a good bit

keevo54
10-17-2008, 07:37 AM
Who said anything about great friends? I just know he'd appreciate if little phuckers didn't go around telling everyone he wrecked his GT3 into a wall in the off season? Almost anyone would not like that, including those who don't want the general public to know.... You sound like a little b.itch school girl trying to get attention.

Ok buddy its ok. I know you have heard things from instructors but you have to realize some people, me and hydroshutter, actually hang out with these guys as opposed to see them once a year at a track event. So we actually hear stuff from them as opposed to hearing it from some dumb ass intsructor who probably sounded a lot like u do now:screwy: .

If I wanted to post video's and have a big ego i'd advertise the stuff I do/with who..but I always have kept a low key around public places.
:lmfao: Thats what started everything when u went on how u hung out with them and knew them and said their full names

hydroshutter
10-17-2008, 08:57 AM
I know these guys much more than a hey at a car meet and they'd appreciate it.

OnURleft
10-17-2008, 11:06 AM

Let me borrow your words.

Like I said. I do not care how well you know them. I'm glad you think your hot shi.t because of it. Anyhow, I have a Chin event in a few weeks and if he's there i'll bring up keevo and see how he feels about people announcing their wrecks and advertising it on a online forum. I said their names, it was probably not of my best interest so I erased it. Keevo announced something else, which he still thinks is a great idea. If he doesn't care or think it's cool when I ask him, then I stand 100% corrected. Again, it's funny how you have such little respect for some "friend" who gave me the impression many times that he likes to keep that stuff quiet.

Back O.T

tony
10-17-2008, 11:11 AM
This is close to getting locked.. already had to delete a post in here for too much info. I know of the parties involved and respect their privacy.

OnURleft
10-17-2008, 11:12 AM
This is close to getting locked.. already had to delete a post in here for too much info. I know of the parties involved and respect their privacy.

Thank you!

hydroshutter
10-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Let me borrow your words.

Like I said. I do not care how well you know them. I'm glad you think your hot shi.t because of it. Anyhow, I have a Chin event in a few weeks and if he's there i'll bring up keevo and see how he feels about people announcing their wrecks and advertising it on a online forum. I said their names, it was probably not of my best interest so I erased it. Keevo announced something else, which he still thinks is a great idea. If he doesn't care or think it's cool when I ask him, then I stand 100% corrected. Again, it's funny how you have such little respect for some "friend" who gave me the impression many times that he likes to keep that stuff quiet.

Back O.T

I've been done with this for quite a while; your quote of my previous post clearly reiterates that. I hope you drop this and take your own advice, which appears to be "to drop it". I never claimed I was "hot shit", just wanted to humble you as you love to name-drop them.

As your last post is quoting me, but replying to what Keevo has said, I felt compelled to give you one last reply. I suggest you take your own advice and drop this. You are the only person who keeps rehashing this, yet you're adamant about keeping this thread alive? If the last word is what you want, I'll gladly give it to you. Albeit childish, if that's what it takes (or a lock) I'm okay with either. :goodjob: