PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start HELP

Captain-Obvious™
10-13-2008, 12:03 PM
Have a boosted b16 in a 92 civic si...

been driving fine...then last wednesday it started to not wanna start up.

I would crank on it a few times and it would normally start.

but today it just won't start. I replaced the main relay...still won't start

RECAP: car turns over...and was driving fine yesterday...today the car won't start and i tnever made any weird noices or anythng....just parked it...let it cool down and turned it off....now it won't start...replaced main relay and that's not it.

UPDATE:

checked spark and it seems I have none...took out a plug and turned the motor over and it didn't arc...so I'm guessing no spark...so this means bad dizzy???

mitch lab
10-13-2008, 12:12 PM
check for spark?

carbon_crash
10-13-2008, 12:35 PM
will the car do anything upon turning the switch?

Captain-Obvious™
10-13-2008, 12:54 PM
UPDATE:

checked spark and it seems I have none...took out a plug and turned the motor over and it didn't arc...so I'm guessing no spark...so this means bad dizzy???

mitch lab
10-13-2008, 01:41 PM
check your coil pack, ignitor, rotor button, dizzt cap.

scttydb411
10-13-2008, 02:00 PM
quick fix is to borrow a friends dist that is known working dist. if it doesn't work in your car it could be ecu or wiring...assuming you have stock ignition.

Captain-Obvious™
10-13-2008, 02:10 PM
I got stock ignition...do ECUs just go bad like that?

scttydb411
10-13-2008, 08:37 PM
not usually, but they can. it's usually fuel pump/main relay circuits that go out. you are dealing with 15 y/o electronics.

try a dist first...hopefully that cures it.

fly-n-low
10-13-2008, 09:01 PM
My Del Sol did something very similar. Mine was the ignition coil inside of the distributor. Back then it was cheaper to replace the whole distributor from Autozone for like $250.00. Lifetime Warranty. Did you notice any oil around or underneath the distributor or on the engine block? That is usally a sign that is is going to go out in due time.

Captain-Obvious™
10-13-2008, 10:38 PM
My Del Sol did something very similar. Mine was the ignition coil inside of the distributor. Back then it was cheaper to replace the whole distributor from Autozone for like $250.00. Lifetime Warranty. Did you notice any oil around or underneath the distributor or on the engine block? That is usally a sign that is is going to go out in due time.

come to think of it I think there is oil leaking down the head from about the dizzy area... oh well I'll get back to it tomorrow

DC2NR
10-14-2008, 12:47 AM
Could just be your coil. One way to check is to take the dizzy apart and take the heat sheild/cover off the coil. If it is burnt up then most likely that's the problem.