PDA

View Full Version : car starts but wont run

psychoward
10-12-2008, 04:05 PM
89 civic with b16 swap. Have power to the coil and main relay. CEL stays on but the led light on the ecu does not come on.

green91
10-12-2008, 07:10 PM
First check your ECU fuses and also make sure youve got the ground for the engine harness on your thermostat housing. Nearly every time i see this problem the ground is left loose.

psychoward
10-12-2008, 08:07 PM
The ecu fuse is good and also checked power at the fuse. Even double checked the ground on the thermostat. I pulled the cover on the ecu and checked for power and had power going in but when i cranked it had no power from ecu to injectors. I had a feeling it was the ecu but wasnt sure. normally you have solid led and cel. The other i went to crank it and the main relay was buzzing so i swapped it with 3 others and even swapped the distributor it sterted and ran then this morning it was just turn over so i was going to pull codes and seen there was no lit led on computer and ended up with more work then i wanted.

psychoward
10-16-2008, 11:29 PM
yeah went back and checked the grounds again. The one on thermostat was a little loose. tightend it up and now its back. Thanks man sometimes you over look and just gotta get back on track.