PDA

View Full Version : Misc Anyone catch the end of the Falcons game?

HyPer50
10-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Man I haven't seen drama like that in a Falcons game in quite awhile. Loved it.

tack311
10-12-2008, 03:15 PM
WOW!

tdurr
10-12-2008, 03:20 PM
i kno. I was watchin the game, got on here for a few, turned back around and was like WTF WE BETTER WIN!!!

alpine_aw11
10-12-2008, 03:22 PM
Holy fucking shit. What a game, I could barely even watch. Ryan was the tits today.

D.Choe
10-12-2008, 05:04 PM
two 48 yard FGs...

one made in a crazy ass crunch

Elam is a freakin beast

I was born in Chicago, live in GA but I'm neither a Bears nor a Falcons fan but that game was pretty damn good

BanginJimmy
10-12-2008, 06:04 PM
I was at the game and was talking mad shit after the bears scored with 11 seconds left. Only for the bears to snatch a loss out of the jaws of a win.

Horrible coaching in squib kicking it. If they kick it deepthe Falcons need a minimum of a 60 yards return to give them a chance. Instead they squib kick it and give the falcons field position and time to run 1 play.

alpine_aw11
10-12-2008, 06:16 PM
Both sides made a lot of coaching errors today imo. The Falcons were doing some pretty shitty play calling, running Turner up the middle over and over while he just got stuffed. Turner is sick, no doubt, but the Bears get in your face in the middle. And those fruity little bitch kickoffs we were doing weren't helping either. We should've been kicking it over Hester's head the whole game. But yea, the Bears did kind of give us the win. I just think they weren't expecting us to make the play to get us into FG position, which was a pretty stunning throw by Ryan.

VIP Style
10-12-2008, 07:17 PM
well the falcons will get a true test at philly next week just like when the falcons played tampa bay and carolina. the falcons are pretty decent but i noticed on one play where ryan had intense pressure in his face he threw a pick to a safety but he dropped it. ryans looked so good throwing because no other team has really applied pressure to him like tampa or carolina did.

alpine_aw11
10-12-2008, 07:21 PM
well the falcons will get a true test at philly next week just like when the falcons played tampa bay and carolina. the falcons are pretty decent but i noticed on one play where ryan had intense pressure in his face he threw a pick to a safety but he dropped it. ryans looked so good throwing because no other team has really applied pressure to him like tampa or carolina did.

I don't know what game you were watching but he made a few damn good passes under pressure today. That pass you were talking about was a stupid mistake on his part, I know what you're talking about. He showed a lot of improvement today, and it was easy to tell he's making better connections with recievers other than White. The philly game will be interesting, I think we will put up a fight but I definitely think we will lose. It will be a great test for us, that's what we need to improve and come back strong later in the season and next year.

VIP Style
10-12-2008, 07:28 PM
yeah i hear you, so you think the falcons will make the playoffs? via wildcard or what?
I don't know what game you were watching but he made a few damn good passes under pressure today. That pass you were talking about was a stupid mistake on his part, I know what you're talking about. He showed a lot of improvement today, and it was easy to tell he's making better connections with recievers other than White. The philly game will be interesting, I think we will put up a fight but I definitely think we will lose. It will be a great test for us, that's what we need to improve and come back strong later in the season and next year.

BanginJimmy
10-12-2008, 07:37 PM
I still think that NO wins the south and the wild car will come from the east.

Look at for the 2010 team though. If Ryan continues to improve and Mike Smith can get a few more playmakers on the offensive side of the ball this could be a very dangerous team.

HyPer50
10-12-2008, 07:39 PM
The Falcons have already exceeded my realistic expectations.. I had all understanding that this was a total overhaul of the shit we had previous, and would be a "rebuilding" year... but if you can have a winning "rebuilding" year then hell ya.

alpine_aw11
10-12-2008, 07:57 PM
yeah i hear you, so you think the falcons will make the playoffs? via wildcard or what?

Playoffs are definitely not out of the question considering how we are showing rapid improvement, but idk. So far I'm seeing exactly what I wanted to this season, a young team coming together and showing a TON of potential for years to come. It would be great to make the playoffs this year, time will tell. Regardless of whether we do or not if the Falcons continue to make improvement at this rate, we're going to be a dangerous team in the future.

stephanie
10-13-2008, 05:47 PM
that game was amazing. i went from wanting to smash the tv, to rejoicing!!!!!!

The Creeper
10-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Im a die hard bears fan....We deserved the loss though, the Falcons beat up on us the entire game, but sht to pretty much have the game locked and then blow it like that, I wanted to destroy everything in sight after that retarded kick off, and I knew we were doomed after that perfect pass by Ryan to put them in FG position, twas a sad sad day indeed....

JTM
10-13-2008, 08:30 PM
GREAT GAME! had me sitting 2 feet from the TV!

VIP Style
10-13-2008, 09:19 PM
yeah it was good to see ryan and the falcons do their thing, but sometime i wish the commentators would stop placing ryan so high and quit riding his sac so hard because when he has a bad day on the field it just looks worse. just let the kid keep playing game by game and we will see at the end of the season what ryan and the falcons all about. its just his first season.