PDA

View Full Version : Election Section is Bullshit

Hulud
10-12-2008, 02:37 PM
yes it is.

you all sit here and act like you know what the fuck you are talking about and spout every single word you hear from your biased news sourse as fact.

how about instead of repeating verbatim your brainwashed facts from Fox/CNN/etc. you actually discuss facts that have unbiased opinions? this is why i dont bother debating with you all in here

or is that too much to ask for?

ironchef
10-12-2008, 02:40 PM
I concur. The only issue is there are so few sources of information that don't have a built in bias already in them.

Hulud
10-12-2008, 02:44 PM
I concur. The only issue is there are so few sources of information that don't have a built in bias already in them.
true but even the presidential debate threads turn into biased bullshit

even though it should be about what each candidate said at the debates most people still pull out facts they learned from the biased news sources

redrumracer
10-12-2008, 03:17 PM
well when people align themselves with a certian party there is going to be biased opinions, thats kinda why we have different parties. although i wish people would vote for what candidate they believe in vs voting because soley based on race, gender, or even party.

oh and i wish ron paul was nominated for the Republican ticket vs the man who always looks constipated.

tony
10-12-2008, 03:28 PM
Heres my frustration here, I tend to get ridiculed for being an Obama supporter but I sit with my friends who ARE supporters and I'm still arguing my position with them due to their bias.

No 1 candidate is perfect, I just side with Obama more than McCain and trust me I thoroughly researched McCain. Its hard to have a discussion without bias but seriously its unproductive to come in here with the idea that your opinion is right and cannot be corrected.

AlanŽ
10-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Its hard to have a discussion without bias but seriously its unproductive to come in here with the idea that your opinion is right and cannot be corrected.
Agreed. I try like hell not to come into a discussion like that and If I do sometimes I apologize for it.

XLR8NMR2
10-12-2008, 04:03 PM
yes it is.

you all sit here and act like you know what the fuck you are talking about and spout every single word you hear from your biased news sourse as fact.

how about instead of repeating verbatim your brainwashed facts from Fox/CNN/etc. you actually discuss facts that have unbiased opinions? this is why i dont bother debating with you all in here

or is that too much to ask for?

I cant stand watching the news...but i would say that CNN is probably the least biased and fox news sucks ass. They are the most biased mccain supporters i have ever seen.

This presidential race has a major racial overtones and it rubs off on this site....I like mccain but i like obama more and no its not because im black

Vteckidd
10-12-2008, 04:07 PM
I'm going to refrain from saying anything anymore

AlanŽ
10-12-2008, 09:57 PM
I cant stand watching the news...but i would say that CNN is probably the least biased and fox news sucks ass. They are the most biased mccain supporters i have ever seen.

This presidential race has a major racial overtones and it rubs off on this site....I like mccain but i like obama more and no its not because im black
I'm sorry but anyone that thinks that CNN is unbiased has their head firmly planted in their ass and is just as left as McCain is right. Sorry.

blurred visions
10-12-2008, 11:22 PM
I'm sorry but anyone that thinks that CNN is unbiased has their head firmly planted in their ass and is just as left as McCain is right. Sorry.

See I really don't believe in this. I keep hearing about how CNN is bias, but I'm beginning to think that the people saying this are FOX news watchers that dislike CNN since they don't mainly report negative on Obama. CNN is everything FOX is not, and I believe that contrast is what's making right wingers come to the conclusion of CNN being "communist" or whatever.

Now I will admit that certain reporters have their own preference of sides, and sometimes they throw in a comment here or there, but by no means does CNN as a whole side with any candidate. They report the information equally among candidates and discuss the various aspects of the situation. Their topics are respectfully chosen and generally never target a candidate in an attempt to ruin or brainwash citizens into disliking him/her.

Now, even with CNN having a miniscule bias (meaning the preferences of the reporters), I'm still able to dissect the news segment and find actual news that is true for the most part. But FOX, I can't tell what's true and what's not since it's mostly a reporter going on and on with their own bias political thoughts. Their discussions are always loud with someone like Hannity ALWAYS talking over other people and getting the last word. I therefore cannot think for myself because this guy is telling ME his beliefs and barely half-true facts about what's going on.

DrivenMind
10-12-2008, 11:55 PM
That's the point of politics, Hulud. Flood all outlets with so much information and misinformation that no one knows anything except "right" vs "left". From what I've watched of the debates, I think the Democrats have been doing a better job, and trying to explain what they think the source causes of problems are, but I frankly don't feel either party is really trustworthy. Although I tend to side with Obama in regards to McCain, partly because I'm sick of the terror scare tactics, to justify wars, and partly because he just seems more composed, and more prepared.

Part of the reason people like to trust the news sources, is due to the fact that during most of these debates, one side or the other simply says things like "That just isn't true..." when referring to an accusation made by the other side. It makes it nearly impossible to find out who's lying and who's telling the truth, much less an accurate judgment call. But in regards to CNN vs. FOX, there is no contest. MSNBC is about the furthest left, CNN is somewhere in the middle, and FOX is spouting off with such asinine conservative propaganda it's astounding. It's not difficult to see either, the guys from FOX simply aren't as professional, or as intelligent as their left wing, or more center based media counter parts, and it shows nearly every time they conduct an interview. They have limited vocabularies, narrow minds, and usually have to resort to raising their voices to try and force their point across. Watch how Bill O'Rielly, or Sean Hannity "interviews" someone, if they can't get the person to surrender, to their narrow (usually religious based) belief system they tend to start talking really loud, and interrupting the person they're talking to. It's how little kids argue. Plus conservatives are always trying to play what I've come to call the "patriotism" card, where they over glorify military service, Jesus, anything anti-terror, their ideas of freedom; and where they over dramatize anything that might be threating. The next time you watch fox, count how many times you see the American flag.

I live with an uberconservative, and a recently returned Iraq vet. The marine and I are able to get along just fine, and we are able to discuss things while respecting our respective points of view. Me and the conservative on the other hand don't discuss politics, he thinks I'm a crazy liberal, and I think he's a typical uneducated southerner, with a typical opinion and a typical view on people of color. But I like to study his habits.

He's a novel idea. Vote independent.

blurred visions
10-13-2008, 12:05 AM
^^Couldn't have said it better.

BanginJimmy
10-13-2008, 07:55 AM
See I really don't believe in this. I keep hearing about how CNN is bias, but I'm beginning to think that the people saying this are FOX news watchers that dislike CNN since they don't mainly report negative on Obama. CNN is everything FOX is not, and I believe that contrast is what's making right wingers come to the conclusion of CNN being "communist" or whatever.

Now I will admit that certain reporters have their own preference of sides, and sometimes they throw in a comment here or there, but by no means does CNN as a whole side with any candidate. They report the information equally among candidates and discuss the various aspects of the situation. Their topics are respectfully chosen and generally never target a candidate in an attempt to ruin or brainwash citizens into disliking him/her.

Now, even with CNN having a miniscule bias (meaning the preferences of the reporters), I'm still able to dissect the news segment and find actual news that is true for the most part. But FOX, I can't tell what's true and what's not since it's mostly a reporter going on and on with their own bias political thoughts. Their discussions are always loud with someone like Hannity ALWAYS talking over other people and getting the last word. I therefore cannot think for myself because this guy is telling ME his beliefs and barely half-true facts about what's going on.

Everyone, including most dems, will tell you that CNN, AKA the Clinton News Network, AKA Communist News Network, is every bit as far left as Fox is right. This is actually why I watch both. I ignore the best/worst from each side. Look at what is left, then average them out. You will typically end up learning absolutely nothing at all but the best/worst from both canidates with enough of not so bad/good so they can say they arent completely biased.

This logic does not apply to MSNBC which should just play Obama ads during all election coverage slots.

4dmin
10-13-2008, 08:05 AM
fuck all you bitches... everyone is bias in their own way, everyone has their own agenda... it is impossible for anyone to have a discussion in here w/o citing or using news articles, wiki, google, etc... everyone in here isn't a lawyer/economist, etc.

if we went on w/ what everyone thinks they know conversation would be like this...

i like obama; you must be poor and black. i like mccain; you must be rich and old.

i think by sticking to the news being dug up on the candidates is probably the best way you can inform yourself as a voter besides reading their voting records. 75-90% of people make up their mind even before getting into the issues.

Tracy
10-13-2008, 08:10 AM
I just started watching the news because of my job at a PR firm. The information really gets "out there" (as in crazy) sometimes. I have just been trying to gather up as much info as I can from all sources and decipher it myself. I have mentioned before that some of my favorite "commercials" came off of Youtube and were made by regular people and not candidates. They seem to be the least biased and actually address the issues that we are all concerned about. When I "debate" topics, I just try to relate it back to myself and what I would do or how I would feel if I were running for president. I know more than anyone on here (probably) how ones words and character can be twisted to suit someone elses agenda. It has happened to me over and over throughout the years. Given that experience, I just try to keep an open mind about things and take into consideration that everyone has their own agenda and think about things from that angle.

Vteckidd
10-13-2008, 09:51 AM
if you really want an outside perspective read the European Papers. Not saying believe them, but read them, they offer some pretty interesting perspective we dont get to see here

BobbyFresco
10-13-2008, 10:05 AM
It is what it is. Politics and religion are two issues that always bring conflict, even among life long friends. However, I'm of the opinion that open dialogue is never a bad thing and that differences in opinions make for interesting debates.

As far as the media is concerned, bias will always exist, and that is not strictly limited to issues concerning politics.

alpine_aw11
10-13-2008, 10:09 AM
I think this section would benefit greatly if everyone was willing to see that both candidates suck.

blurred visions
10-13-2008, 10:29 AM
Everyone, including most dems, will tell you that CNN, AKA the Clinton News Network, AKA Communist News Network, is every bit as far left as Fox is right.

This logic does not apply to MSNBC which should just play Obama ads during all election coverage slots.

There is no way you could compare FOX's right to being anywhere near CNN's left. Like DrivenMind said, CNN is somewhere in the middle.

But, you are right about MSNBC.

DrivenMind
10-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Everyone, including most dems, will tell you that CNN, AKA the Clinton News Network, AKA Communist News Network, is every bit as far left as Fox is right. This is actually why I watch both. I ignore the best/worst from each side.

You're sorry mistaken if that's what you believe. Just because they don't bash Obama the way FOX doesn't mean they're "just as far left, as fox is right." And you are utterly hopeless if that is what you actually believe. I watch all of them, just like a lot of people, but I haven't watched Fox for anything more than comedic value since the race began. THEY ARE A JOKE. ASIDE FROM THE TABLOIDS FOX IS THE BIGGEST, MOST SHAMEFUL, DISGRACE TO OBJECTIVE JOURNALISM THIS COUNTRY HAS SEEN IN YEARS. There is nothing else to it.

And truth be told, the people from MSNBC are actually pretty good at what they do, vs. the simpletons at FOX idiotic Christianity based rhetoric. Keith Olberman tears people like Hannity and O'Rielly to shreds.

Although Mr. Kidd made me remeber something when he mentioned "reading the European papers". The BBC actually has some astoundingly good journalists, and I'm ashamed I have followed the election news from their perspective.

Hulud
10-13-2008, 12:29 PM
It is what it is. Politics and religion are two issues that always bring conflict, even among life long friends. However, I'm of the opinion that open dialogue is never a bad thing and that differences in opinions make for interesting debates.

As far as the media is concerned, bias will always exist, and that is not strictly limited to issues concerning politics.
the first part of your post has nothing to do with this topic

Hulud
10-13-2008, 12:35 PM
also if you are gonna say that CNN is UNBIASED, you are just flat out naive. i do believe that they are the most central out of the main 3 but there is no way they are unbiased. they are definetly leaning left. but not as far as msnbc or fox is (to the right).

BobbyFresco
10-13-2008, 12:41 PM
the first part of your post has nothing to do with this topic

It was a general statement concerning the thread and this whole topic section.

metalman
10-13-2008, 12:53 PM
I think this section would benefit greatly if everyone was willing to see that both candidates suck.

QFT :goodjob:

Vote none of the above!