PDA

View Full Version : engine question

The Golden Child
09-05-2005, 02:02 PM
if u strip down a engine and rebuild it would that mean the engine has 0 miles ??
how does it go im curious ..

GTScoob
09-05-2005, 02:42 PM
Are you replacing all of the parts save the block itself or simply replacing all of the seals, gaskets, and rings?

I wouldnt say it has 0 miles on it unless you got a used block, polished/honed the inside of the cylinder walls, brand new crank, brand new pistons, bearings, etc.

Are you trying to sell the engine "with 0 miles" or are you just asking for technicalities sake? If you're selling anything I would just be honest and say what is original and what is new.

The Golden Child
09-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Are you replacing all of the parts save the block itself or simply replacing all of the seals, gaskets, and rings?

I wouldnt say it has 0 miles on it unless you got a used block, polished/honed the inside of the cylinder walls, brand new crank, brand new pistons, bearings, etc.

Are you trying to sell the engine "with 0 miles" or are you just asking for technicalities sake? If you're selling anything I would just be honest and say what is original and what is new.

i was just asking out of curiousty ..
im not trying to g no one for anything ..
but i was asking cause im thing about getting a used block and get everything new ..
build it with all S2 parts yah know ..
so i just wanted to know how someone would know how much mileage would be on it if it was a used block ..
like lets say i got a b18c1 or a b18c5 with 150k on it ..
what would the mileage be cut down to since its build from scratch ??