PDA

View Full Version : eclipse transmission problem

Theycall_Metue
10-10-2008, 10:01 PM
i drive a 2000 eclipse gt v6 3.0. it started off when i was heading home from school and i hit a little bump (crossing over another road) and i felt a little kick. (it felt as if i didn't balance gas and clutch evenly) and than my transmission went out (feels like when your clutch is out). pushed it into a parking lot and popped the hood. everything looks normal (no leek or anything) than turned the car off, waited about 2 min and i looked under the car, there was a small puddle of (what smell like transmission oil) oil laying right under the transmission and engine. called the tow truck and towed it home. (while on the tow truck, the oil started dripping a lot)
i asked some people at work and they think its probably the rear main seal that cracked or popped lose.
if the transmission it self is about to go out, wouldn't you hear some grinding nose or clicking nose as if the teeth in the transmission were slipping over each other?:thinking:
i didn't hear anything, the transmission just stop working
anyone have any ideas? reps for help

Slomaro Z28
10-10-2008, 10:07 PM
Just to warn you prepare for some ricer comments

Theycall_Metue
10-10-2008, 10:12 PM
i don't care it just what they think i can care less

cobalt9123
10-14-2008, 07:31 PM
first off, don't look at the engine if you're having a transmission problem. Look at the transmission.
And transmission oil? no.
I think your tranny is just old and worn as hell from WOT. You probably need a new one or atleast a new clutch from what I hear.

anothaRRR
10-14-2008, 07:56 PM
LMAO, I thought about saying something but held myself back....
It may be possible that a axle popped out and caused the tranny to leak, hard to say really w/o looking underneath it....

Theycall_Metue
10-15-2008, 08:04 AM
first off, don't look at the engine if you're having a transmission problem. Look at the transmission.
And transmission oil? no.
I think your tranny is just old and worn as hell from WOT. You probably need a new one or atleast a new clutch from what I hear.
you can see the transmission from hood view... i dont think its the tranny because heard no grinding..:thinking:
shouldnt be the clutch cause changed it less than 4k ago

Theycall_Metue
10-15-2008, 08:07 AM
LMAO, I thought about saying something but held myself back....
It may be possible that a axle popped out and caused the tranny to leak, hard to say really w/o looking underneath it....
yea thats what my manager said, the right axle does look a little oily

cobalt9123
10-15-2008, 08:06 PM
yea thats what my manager said, the right axle does look a little oily
Yeah but it'd be extremely hard to see a transmission problem looking down on it seeing as fluids would go out the bottom or side.
try looking into the axle then.
What clutch did you put in?

Theycall_Metue
10-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Yeah but it'd be extremely hard to see a transmission problem looking down on it seeing as fluids would go out the bottom or side.
try looking into the axle then.
What clutch did you put in?
i put in stock clutch, forgot the name:thinking: order from O'Reilly

Slomaro Z28
10-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Should've gotten a 2G GS-T or TSI, you'd have alot more help

Theycall_Metue
10-16-2008, 09:03 PM
Should've gotten a 2G GS-T or TSI, you'd have alot more help
too many of them thats why i got 3g, but thanks for the ideas guy reps for yall

BMWMONSTA
10-16-2008, 11:24 PM
did you check the clutch master cylinder?

Theycall_Metue
10-17-2008, 08:15 PM
did you check the clutch master cylinder?
i found out what was the problem, my right axle broke and transmission fluids leaked out. should have known cause the more the wheels turned(push the car) the more fluids leaked

Romeo
10-17-2008, 11:17 PM
idk much about 3g's but i was gonna say check the slave cylinder because on teh 2g's its pretty low on the trans. but at least its fixed.