PDA

View Full Version : McCain finally speaks up against his supporters...

4dmin
10-10-2008, 08:47 PM
after mass coverage of mccain/palin rallys calling obama a terrorist, yelling kill him, arab, muslim, they fear him, etc.... mccain stepped up today and got boo'd defending obama.

i think its kinda funny b/c mccain campaign including his own wife were saying obama was running the dirtiest campaign in history yet mccains ad's are calling obama a terrorist and so are his supporters. IMO i think it is from dems side too little too late from mccain but i also see this maverick stuck in a hard spot with his party.

discuss.

BanginJimmy
10-10-2008, 08:50 PM
i think its kinda funny b/c mccain campaign including his own wife were saying obama was running the dirtiest campaign in history yet mccains ad's are calling obama a terrorist and so are his supporters. IMO i think it is from dems side too little too late from mccain but i also see this maverick stuck in a hard spot with his party.

discuss.

The only thing dirty about Obama's campaign is the playing of the race card. Everything else has been politics as usual. Oh yea, not politics as usual, politics with change.

4dmin
10-10-2008, 08:55 PM
The only thing dirty about Obama's campaign is the playing of the race card. Everything else has been politics as usual. Oh yea, not politics as usual, politics with change.

i just don't understand this stance... he is black - its pretty obious, but he isn't up on the podium like jesse jackson. race is normally only an issue w/ people who have some form of racial biased IMO ;)

DrivenMind
10-11-2008, 01:38 AM

You have to be kidding me man...

Vteckidd
10-11-2008, 01:51 AM
do i think Obama is a terrorist? no

Do i think he has ties to radical left wing organizations? YES

This isnt like a one time deal, this is a track record.

he has LIED about Ayers, point blank. He has worked with him, met with him, and even his own campaign people said he was "friendly with Mr. Ayers"

Ayers is a DOMESTIC TERRORIST THAT HAS NO REMORSE FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE.

Obama also sat in the pews of Rev. Wright for 20 years, was married by him.

Obama is advised by Frank Raines, Former CEO that drove Fannie/Freddie into the ground

Johnson is his economic adviser that destroyed Fannie/Freddie

THe list goes on an on an on

Look like i said 6 months ago, Obama got his POWER from a largely RACIST and RADICAL LEFT group of people in Chicago. Hell he was a lawyer for ACORN the most RACIST and fraudulent program out there.

It goes to character, it goes to judge the person by the company he keeps.

Hannity has a great thing to say about this and i agree with it it goes like this:
Everytime Obama is confronted with a radical or racist person in his past he does the political expediency thing of sweeping it under the rug and "its no big Deal".

it IS a big deal. And i hope mccain brings it up in the next debate

blurred visions
10-11-2008, 02:47 AM
i just don't understand this stance... he is black - its pretty obious, but he isn't up on the podium like jesse jackson. race is normally only an issue w/ people who have some form of racial biased IMO ;)

Your right, I get a little furious when people start pointing fingers at Obama for pulling the race card. Heres how that breaks down: In the back of everyones mind race is something that people associate with Obama, and once he mentions something about race, or answers a reporters question about race, he all of a sudden becomes racist just for dealing with matters. Discussing race is not being racist unless your angle points in that direction. (I'm leaving out the Rev. Wright ordeal purposely because it's a lost argument as well, friends don't just make other friends racist, just by association.)

do i think Obama is a terrorist? no

Do i think he has ties to radical left wing organizations? YES

This isnt like a one time deal, this is a track record.

he has LIED about Ayers, point blank. He has worked with him, met with him, and even his own campaign people said he was "friendly with Mr. Ayers"

Ayers is a DOMESTIC TERRORIST THAT HAS NO REMORSE FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE.

Obama also sat in the pews of Rev. Wright for 20 years, was married by him.

Obama is advised by Frank Raines, Former CEO that drove Fannie/Freddie into the ground

Johnson is his economic adviser that destroyed Fannie/Freddie

THe list goes on an on an on

Look like i said 6 months ago, Obama got his POWER from a largely RACIST and RADICAL LEFT group of people in Chicago. Hell he was a lawyer for ACORN the most RACIST and fraudulent program out there.

It goes to character, it goes to judge the person by the company he keeps.

Hannity has a great thing to say about this and i agree with it it goes like this:
Everytime Obama is confronted with a radical or racist person in his past he does the political expediency thing of sweeping it under the rug and "its no big Deal".

it IS a big deal. And i hope mccain brings it up in the next debate

Your typical, I hope you look back one day and realize how brainwashed you are by Hannity. Just the other day I turned on 750 AM news talk radio and listened in, IF that man is not the biggest brainwashing right wing reporter I have ever heard, then I need an adjustment on whats what. Everything you just said is worthless now that I know your a Hannity listener. You obviously can't think for yourself and you need someone else telling YOU what to think. Do yourself a favor, since your already making an attempt at staying current with politics, turn that garbage off, and tune into CNN. They'll tell you the garbage being said, and then show the other sides reaction IN TRUTH, the actual words of the other candidate (I bet you've never heard that on Hannity, him giving Obama's defense or explanation is nothing more than a few words that barely sum up whats true.) CNN is one of the few news networks that enables me to think clearly, for myself.

But hey, some people that support a certain side enjoy having the garbage of trash talk filter into their daily lives to give them a sense of enlightenment, especially at a time when their side is stretching further away from the majority.

:2cents:

DrivenMind
10-11-2008, 02:59 AM
FU*KING HANNITY?!?!?!?!?!?! This is a joke right? Hannity has nothing good to offer ever. He's a moron. For as good as you usually are (no matter how determinedly conservative) at debating people on this website, I really would have thought someone as intelligent as yourself would be able to see right through that crock of shit. Hannity is well and by far one of the dumbest, most brainwashed, assholes ever to be placed in the American "news" spotlight.

I'm afraid you've got your facts FOXed.

And Blurred, don't kid yourself man. CNN is a little better than the other Media outlets for news, but it's still one of the giants, and objectivity isn't really in their vocabulary. I'd suggest you hunt around the web for news if you want to try and get it unfiltered.

tony
10-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Maybe McCain realized that sticking to the issues will actually make him look presidential rather than the attacks.

I said immediately when Palin started in on this "Palling with terrorist" thing that it was dangerous and putting someones life at risk for the sake of politics.

BanginJimmy
10-11-2008, 08:54 AM
You have to be kidding me man...

what am I supposed to be kidding about? Whether you think the race card has been played or not, I do and so do most white people and many blacks, and we all know that in politics preception is more important than truth

Vteckidd
10-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Ahh the poor left wingers cant come up with anything better than that?

So your saying Obamas ties to a Domestic Terrorist dont matter to you?

must be nice to be that shallow

I love it you see one quote from Hannity (who i said i agreed with him on ONE thing he said, i never said he was my Messiah LOL), an you wont even respond.

The stuff i posted is FACTUAL GO LOOK IT UP MORONS

CNN? LOL are you serious? there is a reason they call it the Communist News Network

Alan®
10-11-2008, 10:04 AM
I still say CNN should change their name to ONN

blaknoize
10-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Why ONN, Ohio News Network? That names already taken

DrivenMind
10-11-2008, 01:04 PM

I love it you see one quote from Hannity (who i said i agreed with him on ONE thing he said, i never said he was my Messiah LOL), an you wont even respond.

CNN? LOL are you serious? there is a reason they call it the Communist News Network

It's politics? Obama has terrorist friends, and McCain's a war monger. Your misled if you think any mainstream politician is going to have a clean slate. You conservatives tend to act like anything with the word "terror" attached to it is this huge deal, worthy of serious consideration. I don't think so. The U.S. doesn't actually care about terrorism, we like to pretend we do, but it's more or less a distraction, and usually political leverage used by either party. We invade Iraq after being attacked by mostly Saudis, but not one Iraqi. Now we're talking about putting more troops in Afghanistan, even though we haven't really found shit there, and we think the terrorists are being funded by Pakistan. We get all excited when anyone wants to arm themselves with Nuclear weapons, even though we have thousands. Here's an idea, since we're already on the way to doing it anyway, lets just take over the entire middle east. Cut the foreplay, and the chicken shit games and start invading all of them because we feel "threatened".

You say it's a big huge FACTUAL deal, I say, I don't give a shit. We're looking at two sides of the same coin, neither of which will have our best interests at heart. If you watch closely you'll see that this entire election has been almost nothing but vague empty rhetoric, slightly more so by McCain who has to rely more on symbolic patriotism, than his education for making speeches, and participating in debates.

Although asking American's to give up their guns is a pretty touchy subject, especially given that our civil liberties can be violated at any moment.

tony
10-11-2008, 01:17 PM
lol The stock market is crumbling and we're going back and forth as to whether Obama sat on the board with William Ayers. Seriously, this late in the game Mike thats all you guys can come with? That stupidity is exactly why Obama will win Nov. 4th.

Alan®
10-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Your right, I get a little furious when people start pointing fingers at Obama for pulling the race card. Heres how that breaks down: In the back of everyones mind race is something that people associate with Obama, and once he mentions something about race, or answers a reporters question about race, he all of a sudden becomes racist just for dealing with matters. Discussing race is not being racist unless your angle points in that direction. (I'm leaving out the Rev. Wright ordeal purposely because it's a lost argument as well, friends don't just make other friends racist, just by association.)

Your typical, I hope you look back one day and realize how brainwashed you are by Hannity. Just the other day I turned on 750 AM news talk radio and listened in, IF that man is not the biggest brainwashing right wing reporter I have ever heard, then I need an adjustment on whats what. Everything you just said is worthless now that I know your a Hannity listener. You obviously can't think for yourself and you need someone else telling YOU what to think. Do yourself a favor, since your already making an attempt at staying current with politics, turn that garbage off, and tune into CNN. They'll tell you the garbage being said, and then show the other sides reaction IN TRUTH, the actual words of the other candidate (I bet you've never heard that on Hannity, him giving Obama's defense or explanation is nothing more than a few words that barely sum up whats true.) CNN is one of the few news networks that enables me to think clearly, for myself.

But hey, some people that support a certain side enjoy having the garbage of trash talk filter into their daily lives to give them a sense of enlightenment, especially at a time when their side is stretching further away from the majority.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

WOW. YOU THINK CNN IS MORE UNBIASED THAN FOX?!!?!?!?!??!!111!!???! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

First of all if CNN is helping you think for you're self than you must :screwy: . The only way you can use the media to help you discern all the bullshit and I have said this for years and practice what I preach. You have to watch ALL OF THEM. CNN, MSNBC, and CBS are all VERY LEFT. I watch a combination of the three during the day and then at night I watch Fox.

If Mike's opinion is null and void simply because of the news network he chooses to watch than that has to be the funniest shit I have heard all day. Pull you're head out of your ass they are all biased in one form or another.

Alan®
10-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Why ONN, Ohio News Network? That names already taken
Obama news network.

Alan®
10-11-2008, 01:52 PM
It's politics? Obama has terrorist friends, and McCain's a war monger. Your misled if you think any mainstream politician is going to have a clean slate.
Agreed and it's the last time in this post that I will.

You conservatives tend to act like anything with the word "terror" attached to it is this huge deal, worthy of serious consideration. I don't think so.
And this is where you are wrong

The U.S. doesn't actually care about terrorism, we like to pretend we do,
Care to back this up with any factual evidence?

We invade Iraq after being attacked by mostly Saudis, but not one Iraqi. Now we're talking about putting more troops in Afghanistan, even though we haven't really found shit there,
We haven't found shit in Afghanistan for 2 reasons.

1.We took our eye off the ball. Both canidates agree on this.
2. The Taliban and Al Qaeida have home field advantage there. Not to mention they are bouncing back and forth over the border of Pakistan. Hell we don't even know if Bin Laden is alive. I highly doubt that he is.

We get all excited when anyone wants to arm themselves with Nuclear weapons, even though we have thousands.
Know why? Because countries like Iran will use them as a first strike option. Not a measure of last resort like we do. If we wanted to we could drop one Nuke on Iraq and be done with it.

Here's an idea, since we're already on the way to doing it anyway, lets just take over the entire middle east. Cut the foreplay, and the chicken shit games and start invading all of them because we feel "threatened".
Wow seriously? :thinking: :screwy: :lmfao:

You say it's a big huge FACTUAL deal, I say, I don't give a shit.
Than do us all a favor and don't vote. I believe as Mike does. There is a saying that when you Lye with dogs you catch fleas. :goodjob: . Whether you believe it or not Terrorism is a threat to our national security.

Although asking American's to give up their guns is a pretty touchy subject, especially given that our civil liberties can be violated at any moment.
You want to talk about education and yet you have no idea here what you are talking about. LOL. Even I know that Obama is only talking about removing assault rifles off the street. I happen to believe that the only people that really need assault riffles are government agents.

Why not educate yourself before you post again on anything :goodjob:

Maniacc
10-11-2008, 02:05 PM
I saw the clip - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf6YKOkfFsE&eurl and it was pathetic.

I actually feel bad for McCain now. If those type of people supported me I'd feel terrible about myself. Wouldn't you guys?

And regarding the arab comment, couldn't McCain have said something a little more to actually destroy that rumor? For example, how about if he said "Obama isn't an arab, he's black?" And also "so what if he was arab, arabs aren't all terrorists and they don't all hate Americans, you racist motherfucker, get the hell out of here?"

I mean at the bare minimum. Maybe he wants the arab rumor to continue...

alpine_aw11
10-11-2008, 02:09 PM
^I think Obama is actually more arab than black. I know that black definitely isn't a majority of his heritage. Not that it matters, and I could be wrong about the arab part. But I'm pretty sure.

Maniacc
10-11-2008, 02:12 PM
^I think Obama is actually more arab than black. I know that black definitely isn't a majority of his heritage. Not that it matters, and I could be wrong about the arab part. But I'm pretty sure.And just because he has some arab heritage that means he's a "terrorizer?" These are the kinds of people who support McCain.

And by kinds of people I mean retards.

Alan®
10-11-2008, 02:14 PM
And just because he has some arab heritage that means he's a "terrorizer?" These are the kinds of people who support McCain.

But you know what they are on both sides of the ticket.

alpine_aw11
10-11-2008, 02:17 PM
And just because he has some arab heritage that means he's a "terrorizer?" These are the kinds of people who support McCain.

I hope you weren't including me in that description. I don't give two shits about his race, I just don't like him. I haven't looked into it at all, I just remember hearing that and it wasn't just from some toothless inbred shitbag so I didn't write it off. I dislike McCain equally. But this presidential race has led me to hate the American population more than I could ever hate any politician.

Maniacc
10-11-2008, 02:18 PM
But you know what they are on both sides of the ticket.
You're right.

Which is why this election is gay as hell.

I hope you weren't including me in that description. I don't give two shits about his race, I just don't like him. I dislike McCain equally. But this presidential race has led me to hate the American population more than I could ever hate any politician.
I was talking about the mofos in the video.

Tracy
10-11-2008, 02:32 PM
Generally, I have to agree with the laying with dogs analogy, but I did some thinking while reading this and related some things to myself. I am VERY VERY against racism. I have black people in my family, so I am extra sensitive to it now. I have always been pretty open about my feelings whenever I hear the N word. I have some friends who use it often (some are IA members). I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT, yet I continue to hang out with them. Most of them have come to know that I don't appreciate that word and don't use it around me. The do occasionally slip up and lucky for them they get to hear me bitch every time they do slip up. It's been my experience that some white people automatically think it's ok to use that word around other white people, which has nothing to do with my point, but I felt the need to mention it anyway. So, now onto my point...I don't agree with racism and use of the N word, yet I have people that I would absolutely call my friends that are and do use the word. I wouldn't like it if someone considered me a racist because some of my friends are. I would actually argue it pretty fiercely if it happened.

I feel pretty split on the topic. Like I said, I would usually agree that birds of a feather flock together. Then when I take the time to think about it n the context I just explained, I can see how it may not always be true.

Vteckidd
10-11-2008, 02:34 PM
The stupidity of AMerica is exactly why Obama will win Nov. 4th.

Corrected

Vteckidd
10-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Says the guys making a big deal out of troopergate.

Obama SHOULD win, i have said that all along. I dont think mccain has a chance.

but all it takes is 2% of the americans going to the polls in NOV in the battleground states to say "you know what, i cant vote for him" and then we will see what happens.

IF he is the answer why isnt he leading by 20 points?

DrivenMind
10-11-2008, 02:48 PM
We loose more hundreds of thousands more people a year due to smoking and alcohol related illness than we do to terrorism. The point of having and enemy you can't clearly define is so that said enemy cannot ever be caught, but perused indefinitely. The point is to make people feel threatened, so they will more readily submit to violations of the constitution.

The point of the right to bear arms is self-defense. From enemies foreign and domestic. Of course the American military would never start barging into peoples home or declare martial law (exactly like they did in New Orleans), but imagine if for some inexplicable reason they started entering peoples homes without reason. Do you think you could fend off a couple of soldiers with a hand gun? American citizens have just as much a right to assault rifles as soldiers do, provided they are willing to go through the paper work necessary to get them. How would we have ever fought off the British if we were only allowed to have handguns instead of rifles?

"In the size of the lie there is always contained a certain factor of credibility, since the great mass of people will more easily fall victims to a great lie, than a small one."
-Adolf Hitler

And we all know guilt by association is bullshit. In this state especially we all have racist friends we aren't proud of, but we don't hate them for it. We just hope they'll grow the fuck up sooner or later. McCain supporters saying Obama is playing the race card, is usually petty reverse psychology used by people who are uncomfortable with the idea of the black president.

4dmin
10-11-2008, 03:18 PM

so he has ties to a terrorist b/c he served on a board w/ him :rolleyes: please guilty by association is lame if that is your platform. what about mccains financial scandal in the 80's or now his running mate found guilty of breaking ethics laws. sh!t mccain also employees freddie/fannie top lobbiest that help put us in the home situation.

Alan®
10-11-2008, 03:25 PM
We loose more hundreds of thousands more people a year due to smoking and alcohol related illness than we do to terrorism. The point of having and enemy you can't clearly define is so that said enemy cannot ever be caught, but perused indefinitely. The point is to make people feel threatened, so they will more readily submit to violations of the constitution.In all seriousness you must be a conspiracy theorist. You must think that 9/11 was an inside job.

You're trying to equate smoking to terrorism. First of all smoking and alcohol related deaths all happen by CHOICE. You think that people that die as a result of terrorism chose to die that way? Any life lost as due to an act of terrorism is UNACCEPTABLE. Period end of story. Where the hell do you get this line of thinking?

The point of the right to bear arms is self-defense. From enemies foreign and domestic.
And no one is talking about removing it so what's your point?

Of course the American military would never start barging into peoples home or declare martial law (exactly like they did in New Orleans),
Cause their wasn't a reason to do so :rolleyes:

but imagine if for some inexplicable reason they started entering peoples homes without reason. Do you think you could fend off a couple of soldiers with a hand gun?
The chance of you being able to with an assault riffle would be slim and none anyways because they are trained soldiers. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: God you're making this too easy.

American citizens have just as much a right to assault rifles as soldiers doPlease tell me where in the 2nd ammendment where it says that. My personal opinoin on assault riffles is that they should be they hardest weapons to get.

How would we have ever fought off the British if we were only allowed to have handguns instead of rifles?You do know that most riffles used in the revolution were simply hunting rifles right? :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

"In the size of the lie there is always contained a certain factor of credibility, since the great mass of people will more easily fall victims to a great lie, than a small one."
-Adolf Hitler
Ok but you still have to be able to prove that credibility which YOU STILL HAVEN'T DONE. YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT RAMBLE ON ABOUT NOTHING.

And we all know guilt by association is bullshit.
Right :rolleyes:

McCain supporters saying Obama is playing the race card, is usually petty reverse psychology used by people who are uncomfortable with the idea of the black president.

Please show one time where McCain has used the race issue?

Please don't post anything again until you have factual evidence and not just your own mindless ramblings.

Vteckidd
10-11-2008, 03:28 PM
so he has ties to a terrorist b/c he served on a board w/ him :rolleyes: please guilty by association is lame if that is your platform. what about mccains financial scandal in the 80's or now his running mate found guilty of breaking ethics laws. sh!t mccain also employees freddie/fannie top lobbiest that help put us in the home situation.
Mccain has accepts $150,000 in contributions

Obama has accepted MILLIONS

Mccain was cleared of acts in the 80s

Obama is NOT A TERRORIST, you are missing the point. Its the fact that he has a HISTORY of radical LEFT wing crazy nutjob supporters. and hes associated with them.

Obama served on a board with him, helped fund redical left wing programs for his school, had a political sit down meeting at Ayers house, lives in the same neighborhood, i could go on.

It wasnt like they said Hi and that was it.

If OBama would come out and just say "Yes i worked with Ayers, im ashamed of it, he is a domestic terrorist that has shown no remorse and im appauled i tried to even work with him to get something done. "

then i let it slide, but the fact taht he acts like "hey its no big deal"

4dmin
10-11-2008, 03:32 PM
Mccain has accepts $150,000 in contributions

Obama has accepted MILLIONS

Mccain was cleared of acts in the 80s

Obama is NOT A TERRORIST, you are missing the point. Its the fact that he has a HISTORY of radical LEFT wing crazy nutjob supporters. and hes associated with them.

Obama served on a board with him, helped fund redical left wing programs for his school, had a political sit down meeting at Ayers house, lives in the same neighborhood, i could go on.

It wasnt like they said Hi and that was it.

If OBama would come out and just say "Yes i worked with Ayers, im ashamed of it, he is a domestic terrorist that has shown no remorse and im appauled i tried to even work with him to get something done. "

then i let it slide, but the fact taht he acts like "hey its no big deal"

.........................i find this funny b/a ayers was also "man of the year" so i guess you think everyone from chicago is a terrorist right :lmfao:

i find it so funny how the RIGHT likes to tarnish obamas character... didn't mccain cheat on his wife when she was down... hmmm ya. thats ok b/c hes a war hero :rolleyes:

Alan®
10-11-2008, 03:39 PM
i guess you think everyone from chicago is a terrorist right :lmfao:
Way to put words in Mike's mouth. The fact of the matter is that Ayer's was a domestic terrorist and Obama associates it. That FACT cannot be refuted. Sorry.

didn't mccain cheat on his wife when she was down.
It is ok. Wanna know why? Because that had something to do with his personal life. I am a strong believer in keeping your personal life and you're work life SEPERATE. Hell I didn't care about the fact Clinton was getting dome in the Oval Office. What I DID CARE ABOUT was the fact that he LIED ABOUT IT. :goodjob:

DrivenMind
10-11-2008, 03:43 PM
RedGT please quote complete ideas, so I don't have to waste my time trying to respond to 30 of your "comebacks". I wouldn't say I'm a conspiracy theorist, I just think there's a lot going on that we aren't privy too, and I don't think either of these candidates are really going to do much in the way of advancing American society.

The revolutionary war was fought using the best weaponry available at the time on both sides. How is that a hard idea to understand? Do you think American's could have resisted tyranny if they had significantly shorter range smaller, caliber weapons than their opponents? And give me a break with that "trained soldier bullshit" it doesn't take that long to "make" a soldier, because the shit they're teaching them isn't exactly difficult to learn. Any simpleton, or criminal can learn how to do it. Look down the sights, account for range, account for wind, if you miss your target, adjust and try again.

I'm not saying assault rifles should be easy to get, they should be difficult to obtain. But people have the right to the same kind of entry level guns the majority of the infantry uses. I'm not talking about an M203's or any of that shit, just guns.

Alan®
10-11-2008, 03:47 PM
RedGT please quote complete ideas, so I don't have to waste my time trying to respond to 30 of your "comebacks". I wouldn't say I'm a conspiracy theorist, I just think there's a lot going on that we aren't privy too, and I don't think either of these candidates are really going to do much in the way of advancing American society.

The revolutionary war was fought using the best weaponry available at the time on both sides. How is that a hard idea to understand? Do you think American's could have resisted tyranny if they had significantly shorter range smaller, caliber weapons than their opponents? And give me a break with that "trained soldier bullshit" it doesn't take that long to "make" a soldier, because the shit they're teaching them isn't exactly difficult to learn. Any simpleton, or criminal can learn how to do it. Look down the sights, account for range, account for wind, if you miss your target, adjust and try again.

I'm not saying assault rifles should be easy to get, they should be difficult to obtain. But people have the right to the same kind of entry level guns the majority of the infantry uses. I'm not talking about an M203's or any of that shit, just guns.
LOL. Ok :rolleyes: . SOrry but the stuff that you are coming up with is so ridiculously weak it's not funny.

Again you have yet to back up any of you're original statements with FACT. What you have continued to do is ramble on about nothing.

tony
10-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Can someone explain what defines someone as a terrorist? If a group of people come together to overthrow their government are they terrorists or radical? Just curious..

Alan®
10-11-2008, 06:42 PM
from the patriot act lol.

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/Section802.html#802

tony
10-11-2008, 06:47 PM
In America it is defined as:

activities that involve violent… or life-threatening acts… that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State and… appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and… (C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States… [or]… (C) occur primarily outside the territorial jurisdiction of the United States…"

William Ayers gets the label of a terrorist but he was never convicted of 1 act of terrorism. He was apart of a RADICAL group weather underground. How does an individual get the label of a crime of which he was never convicted.

blurred visions
10-11-2008, 09:17 PM
William Ayers gets the label of a terrorist but he was never convicted of 1 act of terrorism. He was apart of a RADICAL group weather underground. How does an individual get the label of a crime of which he was never convicted.

Yea, and because Obama knows this person he is automatically viewed as a terrorist. Give it up republicans, you all believed Obama was a terrorist the first time you heard his name.

alpine_aw11
10-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Yea, and because Obama knows this person he is automatically viewed as a terrorist. Give it up republicans, you all believed Obama was a terrorist the first time you heard his name.

Lol, surprisingly most of the frequently posting republicans in here are actually intelligent and have plenty of facts to back up what they say. So don't say that we all "thought he was a terrorist when we heard his name." pfffft

And on to Ayers. It is dumb to say that he did not have terroristic associations, I don't know what you all know about the Weather underground but they did bomb several government buildings and banks. And Ayers never denied any of this. Whether he was there or not, I don't know. But he endorsed that group and their actions, it's called guilt by association folks.

Does this mean Obama is a terrorist? Fuck no. But him having associations with the man is obviously going to be examined, and it should. You "Obama can do no wrong" people seem to not understand he is running for president. You guys are having a field day with troopergate where it's been shown that Palin has done nothing wrong, but whine about it when Obama's association with this man gets brought up. Presidential candidates are going to be thoroughly examined, and in this day and age where the general public is scared of terrorism OF COURSE any association with a man like Ayers will be looked in to. It's perfectly reasonable to do so. If McCain used to chill with the Unibomber I'm sure dems would be shitting bricks exposing it everywhere.

What I'm getting at is things like this should be examined, but the problem is people are going to draw unfair conclusions. I'm not going to judge Obama at all because of this, his policies alone are enough to make me dislike him. But it's just the fact is he is running for the most prestigious and symbolic political position in the entire world that means this kind of thing will be examined. It is perfectly understandable that it has been, and whatever conclusion you draw is up to you. Sorry for the rant, I couldn't stop.

JITB
10-11-2008, 09:33 PM
lol terrorists that word gets them fired up everytime...I see they are resorting to old tactics...

fear...

bafbrian
10-11-2008, 09:44 PM
Seeing as how people are trying to exploit flaws in either candidates character, I want to ask the obvious question and get some hard facts to back it up...here it is...

Can anyone here name a politician without character flaws and/or without associations to "questionable" citizens or organizations?

If someone can name a politician who is COMPLETELY clean, I would like to know about it. Otherwise, all this finger pointing is meaningless.

Spektrewing386
10-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Ron Paul?

If politics and government were secular we would all be better off.
If we got rid of the 2 party system, we would be a lot better.

Theres a difference in being told you're free and actually being free.

JITB
10-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Jesus

bafbrian
10-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Ron Paul?

Facts to back it up?

bafbrian
10-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Jesus

LOL

Nice try.

Spektrewing386
10-11-2008, 10:03 PM
Facts to back it up?

The "?" denoted that its merely a guess.

bafbrian
10-11-2008, 10:11 PM
The "?" denoted that its merely a guess.

Understandable, but you failed to back it up with facts, as my post above states.

Spektrewing386
10-11-2008, 10:15 PM
i cant back up a guess, thats why its called a guess.... its because i dont know lol. just like i dont take a guess on a multiple choice test when i have the answer with me.

if you want facts, if there are any, which i dont know, because it was a guess... then try:
www.google.com

bafbrian
10-11-2008, 11:06 PM
i cant back up a guess, thats why its called a guess.... its because i dont know lol. just like i dont take a guess on a multiple choice test when i have the answer with me.

if you want facts, if there are any, which i dont know, because it was a guess... then try:
www.google.com

I commend your attempt. Anyone else wanna give it a try?

Alan®
10-11-2008, 11:32 PM
If we got rid of the 2 party system, we would be a lot better.
X2 George Washington was a genious for his time :cheers:

bafbrian
10-12-2008, 12:11 AM
X2 George Washington was a genious for his time :cheers:

I commend Washington for straying from political affiliation. However, one his flaws, from my personal research, is his ties to slavery. Specifically, being a slave owner in Virginia. From my perspective and some in academia, he is not a truly flawless "politician".

This does not mean I have condemned Washington for this but, I have come to the realization that every politician has some unsavory ties, at least those whom I have come across.

My question still stands, is there a clean politician, if so, what facts do you have to back up the claim?

Alan®
10-12-2008, 12:21 AM
My question still stands, is there a clean politician, if so, what facts do you have to back up the claim?
the answer to this is that there isn't one.

bafbrian
10-12-2008, 01:16 AM
the answer to this is that there isn't one.

Truely. With the way people here on the forums have been arguing about the election the last few weeks, it could lead one to believe otherwise. These threads about the unimportant issues keep popping up the instant something other than the real issues.

All these threads about McCain said this, Obama has ties to them, and whatever garbage means nothing. It is sad to come onto the forums and see us argue over minuet issues. As I have posted before, lets focus on the important issues that actually impact where our nation goes.

If you don't like a candidate for some social reason, then that is your choice. I am not gonna tell anyone how to vote or for whom to vote for. But, it is better to see us be passionate about the real issues at hand.

I just wanted to ask the rhetorical question to open peoples eyes to the true issues at hand.

Vteckidd
10-12-2008, 01:21 AM
yeah but they dont want to focus on the reAL ISSUS

bring up taxes, an its about how its the Riches fault

Bring up the war and its bushs lies

Bring up Lack of a record and its Palin troopergate

i mean the list goes on an on.

We are VERY divided on these issues, i suspect alot of America is too

bafbrian
10-12-2008, 01:25 AM
yeah but they dont want to focus on the reAL ISSUS

bring up taxes, an its about how its the Riches fault

Bring up the war and its bushs lies

Bring up Lack of a record and its Palin troopergate

i mean the list goes on an on.

We are VERY divided on these issues, i suspect alot of America is too

Who is they?

Democrats? Republicans? Greens? Libs? Socialists?

I understand that is what is covered by news media. But, people should be able to transcend these mediocre issues.

Taxes - I don't blame the rich.
War - One more than one party voted to military action.
Palin's Record - No one is born with experience, you have to learn it.
Obama's Experience - Again, not born with it, have to learn it.

The list goes on.

tony
10-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Lol, surprisingly most of the frequently posting republicans in here are actually intelligent and have plenty of facts to back up what they say. So don't say that we all "thought he was a terrorist when we heard his name." pfffft

And on to Ayers. It is dumb to say that he did not have terroristic associations, I don't know what you all know about the Weather underground but they did bomb several government buildings and banks. And Ayers never denied any of this. Whether he was there or not, I don't know. But he endorsed that group and their actions, it's called guilt by association folks.

Does this mean Obama is a terrorist? Fuck no. But him having associations with the man is obviously going to be examined, and it should. You "Obama can do no wrong" people seem to not understand he is running for president. You guys are having a field day with troopergate where it's been shown that Palin has done nothing wrong, but whine about it when Obama's association with this man gets brought up. Presidential candidates are going to be thoroughly examined, and in this day and age where the general public is scared of terrorism OF COURSE any association with a man like Ayers will be looked in to. It's perfectly reasonable to do so. If McCain used to chill with the Unibomber I'm sure dems would be shitting bricks exposing it everywhere.

You can most CERTAINLY look into William Ayers if you'd like, he is currently a well respected Professor at the University of Illinois, I doubt he has anything to hide at this point. But in the labeling of a terrorist Republicans seem to overlook that small fact.

Vteckidd
10-12-2008, 09:35 AM
You can most CERTAINLY look into William Ayers if you'd like, he is currently a well respected Professor at the University of Illinois, I doubt he has anything to hide at this point. But in the labeling of a terrorist Republicans seem to overlook that small fact.
so if Osama Bin Laden becomes a professor we are all supposed to roll over and say hes doing "gods work"?
PLEASE

Ayers is NOT well respected, hes known for teached RADICAL IDEOLOGY, and bragging about his former radical ways.

Maybe you should look into him a bit more.

Tracy
10-12-2008, 09:49 AM
JesusJesus does't have a clean record! He was considered a RADICAL! sheesh.

tony
10-12-2008, 02:24 PM
so if Osama Bin Laden becomes a professor we are all supposed to roll over and say hes doing "gods work"?
PLEASE

Ayers is NOT well respected, hes known for teached RADICAL IDEOLOGY, and bragging about his former radical ways.

Maybe you should look into him a bit more.

Funny you bring that up, because Bush has links to the Bin Laden family.. why does he not get the same ridicule that Obama gets from you?

And I'm sorry Mike, I didn't know you personally know Bill Ayer's peers at University of Illinois or the REPUBLICANs he has worked with in Chicago on education reform. Obviously they respect him in some regard.. but you wouldn't know that if your tv never turns away from propaganda and actually did your own research.

Spektrewing386
10-12-2008, 02:28 PM
so is like this ayers guy running for president?

no matter who gets voted in, its not who most of us wanted. if you do "want them" then you would have to agree on every issue and way of thinking and prefer him over any other person.

both of them show support for the proposed missile defense sheild in europe, which makes me extremely upset.

DrivenMind
10-13-2008, 12:42 AM
I commend your attempt. Anyone else wanna give it a try?

How about because he wants to dissolve the Fed, and opposes the patriot act, opposes the ridiculous war on drugs, and won all the debates he was in. How about because he would have been the most educated candidate running, and if I'm not mistaken one of the more experienced ones.

Nomad!
10-13-2008, 09:30 AM
If someone can name a politician who is COMPLETELY clean, I would like to know about it. Otherwise, all this finger pointing is meaningless.
X2

I never got into the "building a candidate up by tearing the other down" ideology. I support a candidate because I feel that he/she will do what's best for the people and will be best for the position at hand. The only draw backs to thinking this way are, you become a part of the smallest minority in the American political system (I don't consider it a problem in many ways) and it magnifies the finger pointing even more.

I'm just glad that McCain finally called for an end to some of the ignorance. Be you a McCain supporter or not, as reasonably sensible adults, we should all be disgusted by the ignorance of some of these people & their statements.

BanginJimmy
10-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Funny you bring that up, because Bush has links to the Bin Laden family.. why does he not get the same ridicule that Obama gets from you?

Huge difference. First the bin Laden family in Saudi Arabia is very pro American. Second, it has been nearly 15 years since Osama was cut off from the family money and disowned according to islamic law. Only a couple obsure members of the bin Laden family are anything more than very rich businessmen.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bin_Laden_family

REPUBLICANs he has worked with in Chicago

damn I lived in Chicago for 18 years and still keep fairly up to date and I never knew there were republicans in Chicago. ;)

bafbrian
10-13-2008, 11:08 PM
X2

I never got into the "building a candidate up by tearing the other down" ideology. I support a candidate because I feel that he/she will do what's best for the people and will be best for the position at hand. The only draw backs to thinking this way are, you become a part of the smallest minority in the American political system (I don't consider it a problem in many ways) and it magnifies the finger pointing even more.

I'm just glad that McCain finally called for an end to some of the ignorance. Be you a McCain supporter or not, as reasonably sensible adults, we should all be disgusted by the ignorance of some of these people & their statements.

As far as being a part of the minority, I consider than a good thing. It allows one to appreciate seeing things from multiple perspectives. Not to say others don't, but it seems those in the middle are more likely to do so.

As for McCain, he is calling for an end to ignorance that his campaign started, with the Ayers association. IIRC, he stated in his previous run for president, he called this sort campaigning deplorable and something that has no place in politics.

bafbrian
10-13-2008, 11:10 PM
Huge difference. First the bin Laden family in Saudi Arabia is very pro American. Second, it has been nearly 15 years since Osama was cut off from the family money and disowned according to islamic law. Only a couple obsure members of the bin Laden family are anything more than very rich businessmen.

damn I lived in Chicago for 18 years and still keep fairly up to date and I never knew there were republicans in Chicago. ;)

Wikipedia is not a good source for information. Use something from an academic search engine, like Infomine or NetLibrary.

BobbyFresco
10-14-2008, 08:44 AM
^I think Obama is actually more arab than black. I know that black definitely isn't a majority of his heritage. Not that it matters, and I could be wrong about the arab part. But I'm pretty sure.

Since when is Arab a race?
And wouldn't most Arab's be racially recognized as being Negroid?

Racially, he is Black and White. Biracial.

Spektrewing386
10-14-2008, 09:07 AM

actually Arab is classified as Caucasain. Or if you want to get technical, Semetic.

BobbyFresco
10-14-2008, 09:11 AM
actually Arab is classified as Caucasain. Or if you want to get technical, Semetic.

My point is that Arab is not a race, it's an ethnicity.
And darker skinned Arabs would not racially be Caucasian or Semitic and even Jews aren't classified as a race, per se.

A small example of what I mean .

I'm Black, racially. Ethnically, Im Hispanic. My nationality is Panamanian.

alpine_aw11
10-14-2008, 10:21 AM

I mean, I dont know what having Arabian descent falls under. Just stating something, not trying to discriminate against him. I actually couldn't find anything supporting it so I retract the statement.

SPOOLIN
10-14-2008, 09:41 PM

ROFL, CNN???? The Communist News Network.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

blurred visions
10-15-2008, 10:21 PM
ROFL, CNN???? The Communist News Network.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

Really? I've already discussed this..

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199019

blaknoize
10-16-2008, 12:35 PM
Just so u know....

tony
10-16-2008, 12:49 PM

Ha! So you're perfectly okay with Osama's brother being a major investor in Bush's oil company but Obama is absolutely evil for serving on an education board with a former radical?

15 years since Osama was cut off and that is okay but 30 years since Ayers was a part of weather underground and the latter is something to be worried about? Furthermore, that is FAMILY, I seriously doubt the Bin Laden family values George Bush more than their own flesh and blood.

He lost to one there, you should look into it some time.

BanginJimmy
10-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Ha! So you're perfectly okay with Osama's brother being a major investor in Bush's oil company but Obama is absolutely evil for serving on an education board with a former radical?

Osama's brother has no ties to any terrorist organizations that I know about. Former radical? Try unrepentant terrorist, remember this is the same guy that said in 2001 that he wished he did more. My major issues with the Ayers connection is that he 1. hasnt been up front at all about it. It seems that he only admits to it AFTER he has been called out on it by the MSM, and 2. Ayers isnt an isolated incident. Obama seems to have alot of friends that hate America. At some point you have to wonder just how much does Obama agree with their teachings.

15 years since Osama was cut off and that is okay but 30 years since Ayers was a part of weather underground and the latter is something to be worried about? Furthermore, that is FAMILY, I seriously doubt the Bin Laden family values George Bush more than their own flesh and blood.

Its been 30 years since he was active in the weather underground, but like I said, his anti-american views are still very much active and he still wishes he blew up more buildings.

As far as family views, I know that true Muslims put faith before family. If Osama was disowned according to Muslim law, then I think I would say that Osas was truely cut off. I'm not saying they value the Bush's more than Osama, but they value Muslim law over Osama.

Mike Lowrey
10-16-2008, 01:29 PM
We get all excited when anyone wants to arm themselves with Nuclear weapons, even though we have thousands.

This shows me that you are a moron.

The middle east is very unstable. At any moment you could see some wack-job in power. Are you telling me that you are OK with the possability of that wack-job with nuclear weapons?! You really need to think things out.

Spektrewing386
10-16-2008, 04:02 PM
hey now, the US has a proud tradition of installing and supporting the people that have become wack-job middle eastern leaders.

Alan®
10-16-2008, 08:07 PM

The middle east is very unstable. At any moment you could see some wack-job in power. Are you telling me that you are OK with the possability of that wack-job with nuclear weapons?! You really need to think things out.
Don't waste your time rich. I have already picked him apart. He just spews off whatever is on his mind.

Total_Blender
10-17-2008, 09:38 AM

Yep, Arabic is the language that they use. So an "Arab" would be someone who speaks Arabic as their primary language, and can trace their genealogy back to native speakers of Arabic. And its also important to point out that Arabic predates Islam. Most of the world's Muslims are non-Arabs. And there are Arab Christians who practice Eastern Christian religions like Greek Catholicism/Greek Orthodox.

tony
10-17-2008, 10:28 AM

Pakistan has Nuclear weapons, would you say they are stable considering we've caught major Al Qaida operatives there?

BanginJimmy
10-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Pakistan and Turkey both have nukes, and both hate eachother. They have been fighting over Kashmir for decades with no real end in sight.

I know Pakistan isnt stable as a whole, but the govt base is stable in their own way. The problem is that in many parts of Pakistan there is no law other than warlords. Those are the areas that Al Qeada is showing up. it isnt like bin Laden was seen walking through the Pakistani capital with the president.