PDA

View Full Version : Palin abused power but didn't break the law...

4dmin
10-10-2008, 08:32 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27105917/?GT1=43001

discuss.

AirMax95
10-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Wow, sadly I'm not surprised someone wanted to defend it. It makes you wonder just how much is swept under the rug by our higher ups.

She abused her power, and should be dealt with.

BanginJimmy
10-10-2008, 08:48 PM
The panel found that Palin let the family grudge influence her decision-making even if it was not the sole reason Monegan was dismissed

If you have to fire someone, why not fire someone that you dont like.

Honestly, this sounds pretty minor and on par with things that every other politician has done.

4dmin
10-10-2008, 08:49 PM
she broke ethics but no laws... so there could be civil suit and possibly impeachment... how will this effect the race

BanginJimmy
10-10-2008, 08:51 PM
she broke ethics but no laws... so there could be civil suit and possibly impeachment... how will this effect the race

Shouldnt affect it at all. McCain needs a meltdown from Obama to actually win so it wont matter who the VEEP is.

4dmin
10-10-2008, 08:53 PM
If you have to fire someone, why not fire someone that you dont like.

Honestly, this sounds pretty minor and on par with things that every other politician has done.

pretty minor? GOP made and still make the biggest deal about clinton getting his groove on and then lying about it. i think firing someone for not doing your dirty work is a worse offense then watching your aid masturbate w/ a cigar ;)

tony
10-10-2008, 09:18 PM
Hmm... people tout that she's the only one with executive experience but she abused it. Interesting.

Vteckidd
10-10-2008, 11:09 PM
pretty minor? GOP made and still make the biggest deal about clinton getting his groove on and then lying about it. i think firing someone for not doing your dirty work is a worse offense then watching your aid masturbate w/ a cigar ;)

Still not proven sorry.

Couple of things

1) Investigation was done by a purely political regime, mostly made up of Obama Supporters

2) Clinton was impeached by BOTH SIDES, not just the opposite party.

3) CLinton LIED UNDER OATH, Palin has no

4) THere still is NO LINK to her firing the guy PURELY because he wouldnt fire her brother in law

5) She didnt break the law, Clinton did, he lied under oath aka perjury

The guy she wanted fired, besides being her brother in law, is on the record as drinking on the job, tasering his 10 year old son, etc etc etc. If she didnt fire him, it would have looked bad.

HMMMMMM wonder why her sister wanted to leave him

i see no abuse of power. ANd if you think it was an abuse of power, then i strongly want to see your opinion on Clinton pardoning

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_pardons_controversy

Which included his BROTHER and Susan Mcdougal

VIP Style
10-11-2008, 12:25 AM
man palin just killed herself, theres really no defending her actions, if she was wrong then damit she was just wrong, come on now.

Vteckidd
10-11-2008, 12:26 AM
read above

BB6dohcvtec
10-11-2008, 12:45 AM
lol at the source "wikipedia" come with something better than that to defend your arguments.

Vteckidd
10-11-2008, 01:16 AM
lol at the source "wikipedia" come with something better than that to defend your arguments.
that was just the first thing to pop up, go ahead and GOOGLE CLINTON PARDON LIST

see what comes up.

BTW my facts are correct he did pardon his BROTHER and SUSAN MCDOUGAL

so you, please, come with something better.

bigdare23
10-11-2008, 07:38 AM
Mike you're really on that "other shit." Just admitt the bitch was wrong and move on. DAMN.

BanginJimmy
10-11-2008, 09:12 AM
Mike you're really on that "other shit." Just admitt the bitch was wrong and move on. DAMN.

If there are ways for a cop to stay on the job after ebing caught drinking on the job then the loopholes need to be closed. I dont care what Palin's motives were, the trooper deserved to lose his job. Af far as the public safety guy, she could have fired him for no reason at all. Just walk up to him and say "you are fired, have your office clear by friday" and she would have been perfectly within her rights. She didnt even have to have or give a reason.

alpine_aw11
10-11-2008, 09:23 AM
If the trooper really was drinking on the job then who cares. He should've been fired, and if Palin had to step in to take care of it then so be it. But of course people are just going to look at it from the standpoint that she did something wrong without actually looking into facts.

Vteckidd
10-11-2008, 09:24 AM
just cause you want to be 1 sided doesnt mean im the one drinking the Kool aide around here

VIP Style
10-11-2008, 09:53 AM
who said anything about that trooper drinking on the job being the reason he was fired? this was all about palin abusing her power to get what she wanted, like i said before if she was wrong man she was just wrong.
If the trooper really was drinking on the job then who cares. He should've been fired, and if Palin had to step in to take care of it then so be it. But of course people are just going to look at it from the standpoint that she did something wrong without actually looking into facts.

4dmin
10-11-2008, 03:27 PM
Still not proven sorry.

Couple of things

1) Investigation was done by a purely political regime, mostly made up of Obama Supporters

actually it was proven her own husband had to testify and now she could be impeached b/c she broke alaska ethics laws. she didn't break laws in firing b/c she can legally fire who she wants but dismissing employees over personal gain is part of ethics which is where she fails.

her own husband had talks w/ guy she fired in the governors office... doesn't matter we all knew she was whack job. woman runs around on how she sold the plane yet she charged alaska for more then 325,000 in travel to her own home. yes she charged alaska money for her to stay in her own home. sure sounds like gov't on the side of the people :lmfao:

Vteckidd
10-11-2008, 03:31 PM
actually it was proven her own husband had to testify and now she could be impeached b/c she broke alaska ethics laws. she didn't break laws in firing b/c she can legally fire who she wants but dismissing employees over personal gain is part of ethics which is where she fails.

her own husband had talks w/ guy she fired in the governors office... doesn't matter we all knew she was whack job. woman runs around on how she sold the plane yet she charged alaska for more then 325,000 in travel to her own home. yes she charged alaska money for her to stay in her own home. sure sounds like gov't on the side of the people :lmfao:
LOL this is such a 1 sided post i cant even comment on it.

What did she gain from firing this guy? personal gain? what do you mean? shes governor, no one moves up or down when she fired that guy. She wanted her brother in law fired for deriliction of duty, someone refused to do it, she fired him.

She will NOT be impeached she did nothing wrong, what part dont you get?

All her travel expenses have been cleared, especially since the AVERAGE official uses over $500,000-1 million in travelling expenses, i think shes within her budget

4dmin
10-11-2008, 03:38 PM
LOL this is such a 1 sided post i cant even comment on it.

What did she gain from firing this guy? personal gain? what do you mean? shes governor, no one moves up or down when she fired that guy. She wanted her brother in law fired for deriliction of duty, someone refused to do it, she fired him.

She will NOT be impeached she did nothing wrong, what part dont you get?

All her travel expenses have been cleared, especially since the AVERAGE official uses over $500,000-1 million in travelling expenses, i think shes within her budget

obviously you don't know enough on this subject to comment b/c she can be impeached b/c she swore an oath much like clinton which has ethics laws that spell this out. there was much to gain in firing her sisters ex... hmm let me think. satisfaction.

again you obviously didn't understand - when she went home to stay in her personal home she charged alaska tax payers like she was held up in some hotel... this total was 325,000$... how much does it cost you to stay in your own home mike?

Vteckidd
10-11-2008, 03:48 PM
but she was found tohave done no wrong so let's impeach her LOL

4dmin
10-13-2008, 02:33 PM
but she was found tohave done no wrong so let's impeach her LOL

here you go mike:

Mr. Branchflower, who based his report on interviews, emails and other records, said Gov. Palin violated Alaska's Ethics Act. The statute is meant to "discourage executive branch employees from acting under personal interests in the performance of their public responsibilities," he said. The governor engaged in "official action" by her inaction "if not her active participation" in assisting her husband, Todd, to get Trooper Wooten fired, the investigator said. Mr. Palin gave testimony to the investigator that he repeatedly tried to get the trooper removed, as a threat to the public as well as his family.

Mr. Branchflower's report pointed out that Gov. Palin had declined to be interviewed. "An interview would have assisted everyone to better understand her motives...," he said.

not for the firing,but found guilty in breaking ethics laws trying to get her ex-brother in law fired. her husband even had a hand in this; which i find totally bizarre.

A spokesman for the panel said it would probably have to wait until the Alaska legislature reconvenes in January before deciding whether to take further action.

^ meaning they could try to impeach her for the offense.

bigdare23
10-13-2008, 02:41 PM
just cause you want to be 1 sided doesnt mean im the one drinking the Kool aide around here

Noone being one sided besides you. I'm just telling it how I see it. If a person used their power wrongly, it needs no defense. But you seem to ignorant to see it, as seen with your "Koolaide" comment.

bigdare23
10-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Hmm... people tout that she's the only one with executive experience but she abused it. Interesting.

Seem like this comment go overlooked for some reason. :thinking: