PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Compatibility

.blank cd
10-10-2008, 07:58 PM
So I have a 92 Integra RS w/ the factory LS (B18A? B?), factory tranny and everything, and it feels like the clutch may need replaced soon. Im hearing a little clunking when i start off in first sometimes. But anyway thats beside the point. I plan on swapping engines in the near future to maybe a B16, or a B18C, and i was wondering, if i bought a decent aftermarket clutch (Like a Exedy, ACT, stage 1 of some sort) for this transmission, if it will be compatible w/ whatever engine/transmission i swap to in the future. If it matters, id rather not buy anything more complex than a stage 1, i dont plan on having a huge built or boosted motor.

G.C
10-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Yes if im not mistaking all b series tranny are interchangeable with any b series engine. Dont drop a b16 in a integra, save up and get a gsr. Torque=fun to drive.

EmminoDaGreat
10-10-2008, 10:15 PM
90 and 91 have the smaller input shaft so yours being 92 you can use any clutch for b series 92 to 01

BTEC
10-10-2008, 10:27 PM
90 and 91 have the smaller input shaft so yours being 92 you can use any clutch for b series 92 to 01
what he said.

And that cluncking noise could be ur throw out bearing or an input shaft bearing. if the noise gets quieter the futher you go threw the gears then its definiteely ur input shaft bearing and its gonna get LOUD.

.blank cd
10-12-2008, 01:49 PM
what he said.

And that cluncking noise could be ur throw out bearing or an input shaft bearing. if the noise gets quieter the futher you go threw the gears then its definiteely ur input shaft bearing and its gonna get LOUD.Yeah, i can only hear it now when i slip it into first, when the car is cold