PDA

View Full Version : Fix my car lol

driftingkid
10-10-2008, 05:22 PM
Whats up Fellas got a couple major problems going on wondering if you Honda masters out there can help me out.My car did this when i first got it but stopped until recently.

First problem.an idleing problem.sitting still,it flutters between 200 to 1200 rpms rapidily,the engine does stall itself out sometimes.and the Battery and oil light come on.

2nd problem.
Car herky jerks while driving sometimes.like somethings stopping the fuel then letting it flow again.

3rd problem lol.
Sometimes if im driving in a higher gear (3rd 4th and 5th) it stalls.Not killing the engine but if im in 3rd sometimes it just suddenly slows like its in 5th gear.but if i shift to a lower gear it picks back up and will eventually jerk back up speed if i just let it do its thing.:thinking:
Im thinkin Fuel system,maybe something more complex hopefully not.
Engine is a B18B
Please let me know what you guys know any help is appreciated.:blah:

jwrape
10-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Change your fuel filter first. See if that helps, if not it could be a fuel pump or fuel pressure regulator. After all that is replaced you can eliminate the fuel system as the issue. But it does sound like a fuel related issue. Fuel filter is $20+, Fuel pump with screen is $125 from AZ, Fuel Pressure regulator, Not sure what that cost but it can't be too much

mwilson
10-10-2008, 05:55 PM
have you checked your vac lines?

Romeo
10-10-2008, 06:10 PM
the idle problem sounds like the IAC( idle air control valve). its on the back of your intake manifold. its only 2 bolts to take it off. all you do is clean out the screen on it and you should be good to go. also check our your throttle body. it wont really cause any of the problems you're talking about. but it may help with the idle. just look and see if the butterfly valve is dirty. open it up and check the opposite side. should help with gas mileage also.

scttydb411
10-11-2008, 08:49 AM
first and foremost...do you have any cel? what is the full setup...bone stock, larger inj, afc, chipped ecu, cams, etc? is this something that has just began happening and was there anything done recently to the car where this might have occured right after?

iacv does it's work at idle and low throttle...could be the issue, but need more info. likewise for fuel filter/pump, etc.

driftingkid
10-17-2008, 06:35 AM
Yes there is a CEL it comes on every so often,sometimes after reaching a certain RPM aroun 3500 no mods just a B18B swap.Thanks to all the guys that have responded!
Changed the fuel filter seems to help out a little can definitely notice a difference in throttle response etc.but the CEL is still on and it it still idles a a little awkward no as bad though.Thanks again!

driftingkid
10-17-2008, 06:36 AM
have you checked your vac lines?

that was another though i had, i check em all with my buddies and they all seem to be good. ahh this is so annoying :thinking:

AnthonyF
10-17-2008, 07:23 AM
Yes there is a CEL it comes on every so often!

So that means there are codes stored in your ECM. Pull those codes out and figure out what they are. They could easily narrow your problem.

-Ant.

driftingkid
10-17-2008, 01:04 PM
Where can i get that done?

driftingkid
10-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Where can i get that done?

Nevermind im dumb :lmfao:

greasemunkey
10-22-2008, 08:54 PM
I fixed a problem just like that today. my crx decided to do it so I found the wiring connector for the fuel pump(it should be really close to the fuel pump, I unplugged it and there was shit all in it, so I cleaned it and haven't had problems yet at all

driftingkid
10-22-2008, 09:24 PM
nice thanks man,Will try

greasemunkey
10-22-2008, 11:39 PM
if that doesn't fix it, make sure your grounded good, that's if it seems like the whole car seems like its cutting off.