PDA

View Full Version : do you feel somewhat cheated as a voter?

4dmin
10-10-2008, 12:13 PM
what i mean is honestly... even though i am going to vote for obama i don't think he is the end all be all... i just like him better then mccain. i feel so disillusioned with our leaders and our current situation that the future seems so far away.

i think 2 party system has failed us yet again to deliver who is truely needed to put our country back on top and moving forward.

this isn't a thread about who you are voting for or why you think one is better then the other but more to the fact of how you feel about our gov and its puppets.

Vteckidd
10-10-2008, 12:22 PM
absolutely

im voting mccain , only reason is we disagree on taxes(obama vs mccain)

But honestly i agree 10000%, i think the entire govt is corrupt, and just doesnt have our best interests at heart.

Call me crazy but maybe this is what NEEDED to happen, a complete fundamental failure of our economy, govt, etc. Maybe we need a collapse to wake ourselves up.

I think its time for new, younger leadership from our generation. But whose out there? Obama is still only 55.

I find myself more an more aligned with Independent partys than repub/dem. But who do they have? Nader?

i dont know the future is dark, next 2 years are going to be rough.

alpine_aw11
10-10-2008, 12:34 PM
I just don't like how it always has to come down to a Democrat or a Republican. There isn't nearly as much variety as there should be, which leads to people like me having to pick between two guys that I don't like.

4dmin
10-10-2008, 01:01 PM
I just don't like how it always has to come down to a Democrat or a Republican. There isn't nearly as much variety as there should be, which leads to people like me having to pick between two guys that I don't like.

ya i think our one chance for 3rd party was when Ross Pero ran. honestly i would of loved for Ron Paul to be on GOP ticket but that would of never happened.

SPOOLIN
10-10-2008, 01:29 PM
i truely believe that the party system is a crime. There shouldn't be parties, just individuals running for places in the senate and house and the rest of the positions. I believe there should be 3 choices for the final election honestly. Without parties, I wouldn't feel compelled to vote for only one, but the parties are pretty much divided into "beliefs" and policies" Whatever. There should be an independent nomination with our current system that does all the campaigning stuff and everything....in debates...etc. Just like the dems and repubs.

jwrape
10-10-2008, 01:29 PM
Yes, I agree. It is picking between the two evils. Which is less evil?? I just try to look at the personscharacter and what their families are like and what they have done in the past and see where I think they might go. It's really hard to pick.
Most people end up voting for the person that would respresent the majority of their views.
i don't think you can pick Obama or McCain and say you agree with absolutely everything they say and the same said for their VP's:???:

Deke
10-10-2008, 02:17 PM
Indeed. Just like the last election it comes down to picking which candidate pisses me off less.

alpine_aw11
10-10-2008, 02:44 PM
ya i think our one chance for 3rd party was when Ross Pero ran. honestly i would of loved for Ron Paul to be on GOP ticket but that would of never happened.

I liked Ron Paul. I think if people would actually take the time to listen to what he has to say instead of passing him off as some crazy 3rd party guy he could have made a much bigger impact this year.

BanginJimmy
10-10-2008, 02:50 PM
Indeed. Just like the last election it comes down to picking which candidate pisses me off less.

you can lump 2k into that also. Everyone with half a brain knew Gore was a stuffed suit, but look at the other side and what we had to deal with there. The same went for Kerry. Now look at us. If the dems had a halfway decent canidate they would ahve run away with this election a long time ago. If the reps had a good canidate, they would have run away a long time ago. Instead we have to inadapt politicians whose only goal in life is to acheive more power for themselves.

blurred visions
10-13-2008, 02:41 AM
Obama is still only 55.

He's actually 47.

willum14pb
10-13-2008, 05:19 AM
extremely. I want ron paul on the ticket.

DrivenMind
10-13-2008, 05:42 AM
This is fucking hilarious. Here we are bitching and fight, and all along the one candidate we agree on is the one who's not on the ticket. Dr. Ron Paul. How fucking hysterical is it, that over all this bickering and "debating" we've been doing we all feel cheated. I think this is the first time in my life I've ever seen so many people disillusioned. Why don't we meet in the middle and just all vote independent. It seems like everyone is voting for either McCain or Obama, just because they want to keep the other guy out, and that's really quite ridiculous if you think about it. Maybe that's the point, maybe that's how the keep one party or the other in power... by turning the entire race into this mythical duality, like some bad game of halo where people can pick whoever color soldier they want, but they all have some sort of vendetta against the red team or the blue team, so they join the rival team of the one they hold the biggest grudge against instead actually picking what they want.

The point of the two party system is to keep the system in place. And before you start bitching at me for "talking crazy" let me elaborate. All of this Republicans vs. Democrats nonsense is the way it is, to keep up the illusion that we really "elect" who's in power, and that the people in power aren't actually just put there by someone else. When was the last time someone other than a Republican or a Democrat won the white house? When was the last you seriously even thought they had a chance? The point of the electoral process was never supposed to be picking the lesser of two evils, yet some how some way that's what this race is. We have a young inexperienced, highly educated, black man vs. an experienced, undereducated, white veteran. The crowd each candidate is meant to appeal to is obvious. But the people who get to decide what's talked about in the debates are from two camps. Republican, and Democrat. But we have more than two parties here in the states.

I've had this unnerving feeling the whole time I've been watching following, that it all seems to well rehearsed. I said in another thread that I felt these two candidates are two sides of the same coin. It's like they're exactly the same, but meant to appear as though they're soo radically different when they really aren't. If the national debt keeps rising, and all we can do is talk about lowering taxes how do we ever expect to pay that debt off? I really do believe we are building an empire of sorts, but the only people who really know are the ones pulling the strings, but we have to make it look like democracy is still how this country works, so much so that we have to sell our own people on the idea, so the rest of the world will buy it.

I swear you guys need to go watch Zeitgeist: Addendum. Not that it's the end all be all, or the only source of information out there, but it does a damned good job of explaining how the social structure, and political ideologies we have created are becoming more and more outdated, and more and more corrupt.

"And when you trust your television
What you get is what you got
Cause when they own the information, oh
They can bend it all they want "

BanginJimmy
10-13-2008, 07:02 AM
It seems like everyone is voting for either McCain or Obama, just because they want to keep the other guy out, and that's really quite ridiculous if you think about it.

This is the entire problem with the American political system. Since going negative and digging up dirt became the name of the game in American politics, the only people who would want to be president are the ones who only seek personal power and gain. No one in Washington cares in the least about the voters unless they are activly involved in a campaign to retain their seat of power. No one with real honor would ever put themselves, their family, or their friends through the mudslinging of a political compaign.

DrivenMind
10-13-2008, 11:41 AM
"Anyone who would spend more than two years campaigning for the presidency, shouldn't be trusted in office."

"You must spread some reputation around before giving it to BanginJimmy again."

metalman
10-13-2008, 01:06 PM
i think 2 party system has failed us yet again to deliver who is truely needed to put our country back on top and moving forward.

I would agree.
A primary issue IMHO, in addition to big money influence, is that the masses prefer BS to truth. If you REALLY told the truth you would never get elected in our current system. People really dont like dealing with reality...and those who run political parties hate it even more. Its counterproductive to their winning strategies.
They prefer to tell themselves (and the public) lies and continue in greed.