PDA

View Full Version : Movies/TV Quarantine

Homer Simpson
10-10-2008, 01:33 AM
So, I just got done previewing Quarantine. The movie was absolutely terrifying! It IS the most scariest movie I've ever seen! Not just jumpy scary, but actually heart pumping, close your eyes and ears scary.

All in all, definitely worth the money. Go check it out!

:goodjob:

Mr Egg Rollllll
10-10-2008, 01:35 AM
OMG thanks for taking me Dteng!

Scariest movie!!!!

+1!

Deke
10-10-2008, 01:42 AM
Hmm, it's rare to hear about a scary movie actually being scary anymore. I'll have to check it out.

Homer Simpson
10-10-2008, 01:42 AM
Hmm, it's rare to hear about a scary movie actually being scary anymore. I'll have to check it out.

Yea dude, thats what I was saying all night tonight. I was like, "I bet the movie is gonna blow just like every other scary movie." Oh man, was I wrong.

Nemesis
10-10-2008, 07:46 AM
What made it scary? Id like to go see it...but itll probably be by myself lol

DJ Maestro
10-10-2008, 08:11 AM

I'll go with you and hold your hand if you want. :ninja: :lmfao:

mezzies96teg
10-10-2008, 08:30 AM
thanks bro for havin me tag along dteng! movie was amazing! i agree with it being hella scary! most suspensful movie that I have seen in years!

The Ninja
10-10-2008, 09:10 AM
It looked pretty bad ass. Anything with evil deformed babies is bound to scare me. I already don't like kids.

alpine_aw11
10-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Good to hear this movie actually delivers. Scary movies suck so much cawk these days, I'm def. going to check this out.

Homer Simpson
10-10-2008, 10:03 AM
It looked pretty bad ass. Anything with evil deformed babies is bound to scare me. I already don't like kids.

OMG Dude, don't even mention the baby...holy crap it gives me goosebumps thinking about it again!

Homer Simpson
10-10-2008, 10:06 AM

There's alot that made it scary. I don't know to start...

Just the atmmosphere of the apartment complex, the people that are "infected" and the camera angels. The whole movie is shot through first person handheld like Cloverfield, but it won't make you sick and its low budget not like the Blair Witch Project.

EM1toEVO
10-10-2008, 10:33 AM
I'll wait for it to come out on dvd.

mocha latte cupcake
10-10-2008, 10:35 AM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!! i've totally gotta go see it this weekend then!

carbon_crash
10-10-2008, 10:35 AM
Previews looked good for it, hope its not a let down

T.C.
10-10-2008, 11:45 AM
The whole movie is shot through first person handheld like Cloverfield,

That just ruined it for me. I will never pay to watch a movie shot like that again.

bowdown201
10-10-2008, 11:48 AM
hell yea thanks man..im goin tonight with the lady friend :yes:

qwick
10-11-2008, 02:06 AM
I just got home, and the movie was great. Two thumbs up. :goodjob::goodjob:

osnap
10-11-2008, 06:20 AM
ladyfriend HATES skurry movies... aka im definitely dragging her to this :lmfao:

bowdown201
10-11-2008, 06:44 AM
ladyfriend HATES skurry movies... aka im definitely dragging her to this :lmfao:
please do we went last night and she was freakin the fuk out :lmfao:. Def a crazy ass movie :goodjob:

Got Milk?
10-11-2008, 07:14 AM
The movie was so fucking good. I got about 10 good scares in me, that shit is just scary as fuck. Cant wait for part II

The beggening of the movie was kinda slow nad boring, but once they got in that apartment shit turned around for me. And about the first person camera thing, i kinda loved the idea of how they did it. Is shows as if someone actually lived it.

Homer Simpson
10-11-2008, 09:27 AM
The movie was so fucking good. I got about 10 good scares in me, that shit is just scary as fuck. Cant wait for part II

The beggening of the movie was kinda slow nad boring, but once they got in that apartment shit turned around for me. And about the first person camera thing, i kinda loved the idea of how they did it. Is shows as if someone actually lived it.

Oh yea, the handheld thing was awesome! People are turned away because of it.

But did ya'll notice that there were a few scenes that lasted about 15 minutes with a cut? It was crazy!

stephanie
10-11-2008, 09:39 AM
i am going today. this movie is a remake of a spainish movie called
REC i am trying to find that version too. One of my friends tols me about the spainish version months ago, when i saw the commercial for quarantine i knew i had to go.

bowdown201
10-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Oh yea, the handheld thing was awesome! People are turned away because of it.
yea i was kinda skeptic at first cause i saw cloverfield and that shit sucked and gave me a headache but this wasnt bad at all

candy2082002
10-11-2008, 09:47 AM
I wanna go see this SO bad, but odds are I won't until it comes out on DVD :(

cactusEG
10-11-2008, 11:16 AM
So, I just got done previewing Quarantine. The movie was absolutely terrifying! It IS the most scariest movie I've ever seen! Not just jumpy scary, but actually heart pumping, close your eyes and ears scary.

IMO its dosnt look that good. I'll wait till it comes out on DVD...

yungdz
10-11-2008, 11:23 AM
IMO its dosnt look that good. I'll wait till it comes out on DVD...

Opinion based off of a 1 minute preview?

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but to base it off just a preview when people are giving it great reviews seems ignorant, atleast go watch the Matinee if you don't want to spend $10 to watch it. Most dvd's don't give the viewer the full effect meaning that by the time you see this on DVD it won't be as scary.

Just my :2cents:..

But of course if you don't like scary movies then don't bother

stephanie
10-11-2008, 08:31 PM
just download REC with american subs. it will prob be better

Homer Simpson
10-12-2008, 12:15 AM
hmm, i wanna see REC, it said something that in the credits and I knew it had to be based from a book and movie. I'll check it out to see if it compares to the American Version.

But by all means check it out, you will not get the same scare factor at home as your do in a movie theatre. Unless, you got a sick Dolby Digital Sound system and a nice big Television.

00RedRT
10-12-2008, 12:42 AM
But by all means check it out, you will not get the same scare factor at home as your do in a movie theatre. Unless, you got a sick Dolby Digital Sound system and a nice big Television.

I'll wait for DVD as well :D

http://bellsouthpwp.net/D/a/DarrenA/hometheater/images/dman1.jpg

Homer Simpson
10-12-2008, 12:57 AM
I'll wait for DVD as well :D

http://bellsouthpwp.net/D/a/DarrenA/hometheater/images/dman1.jpg

Dude, wait for it! LOL!

Hulud
10-12-2008, 03:05 PM

LOL @ YOU

seriously, movie looks horrible and i have NOT heard a single good thing about it until now

Homer Simpson
10-12-2008, 07:32 PM
LOL @ YOU

seriously, movie looks horrible and i have NOT heard a single good thing about it until now

Ok, then don't watch it. :goodjob:

I don't care, man. Just giving the people a heads up and letting them know if its bad or not.

Got Milk?
10-12-2008, 07:41 PM
the movie was great. I never heard so many people talking about it and sharing their thoughts about it once the movie ended untill this movie. Every other movie that i went to, people would just get up and leave. But when this movie finished, people were talking about it, at how scary it was.

EG6
10-12-2008, 07:48 PM
hmmm an actual scary movie that's scary...def have to check it out. Thanks for the heads up!

stephanie
10-13-2008, 07:11 PM
this movie is NOT scary. my kids laughed at it...then again they are demon spawn........

savincent
10-14-2008, 01:42 AM
I plan on seeing it next weekend. Depends on the weather. If it is cold, I'm going to go visit my old high school for a football game. If not, then I'm going to the movie.

BKgen®
10-18-2008, 10:21 PM
this movie is NOT scary. my kids laughed at it...then again they are demon spawn........

please never post again.

Opinion based off of a 1 minute preview?

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but to base it off just a preview when people are giving it great reviews seems ignorant, atleast go watch the Matinee if you don't want to spend $10 to watch it. Most dvd's don't give the viewer the full effect meaning that by the time you see this on DVD it won't be as scary.

Just my :2cents:..

But of course if you don't like scary movies then don't bother

cactus is a known idiot. pay him no attention.

just checked out the movie with a friend today, and we were both pleasantly surprised with it... given the caliber of all the other shitty movies that hollywood puts out these days. our theater didn't have the sound turned up loud enough though, and sound is key, so it could've been scarier.

***possible spoilers***

first half was pretty slow moving, but after the power went out (and it got darker), it got 10x creepier IMO. that last scene, up in the attic w/the mutant/whatever the fvck it was, made my hair stand up.

ubers2k
10-19-2008, 01:28 PM
movie was intense... went twice just because of the shit they pulled off. First person view through the entire thing (camera, obviously) made it that much better. To me, it's on par with Cloverfield in terms of depth (or lack of, because you only know what the other characters know and that's it).

ubers2k
10-19-2008, 01:33 PM

IMO, if they made a part 2, it would completely ruin the story.

BlkCD5
10-19-2008, 01:48 PM
The movie wasn't scary at all and was very predictable. I even laughed at the camera face bashing scene. Those mutant creatures kinda had resemblance to the ones in I am Legend.

ShooterMcGavin
10-20-2008, 08:57 AM
great movie, probably one of the scariest i've seen in a while

NewGen33
06-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Just watched it and it was def worth the $1.09 at Red Box. So much so I brought this thread back to life to tell everyone.

JEY$JDM
06-08-2009, 11:11 PM
lol.. deff an old thread..

but dang, i saw this movie when it first came out...
it was scary, but not that scary. could have been better

..i liked it tho

yunglaosta
06-08-2009, 11:50 PM
also theres going to be a sequel to it...i just don't understand how

ShooterMcGavin
06-09-2009, 01:01 PM
it'll be something crazy and improbable i'm sure.