PDA

View Full Version : Misc bird fans?

YokotaS13
09-05-2005, 03:21 AM
Just wondering who all has/had birds?
I had to sell my two birds, one an arfican grey and the other an umbrella cockatoo. loved them to death, espeically the cockatoo....anyone else?

Kelly_Rene
09-07-2005, 09:38 AM
I used to breed and hand feed cockatiels, Lovebirds and parakeets. Had Zebra Finches that bred like crazy. I've had a yellow and gold macaw. Mexican Red Headed Amazon pair, Yellow Naped Amazon Pair and a Male Soloman Islanda Ecletus. Also had Red Rump parakeets. I thinks thats about it.

Heres a Red Headed Amazon
http://www.amazonasociety.org/Images/mexredhd.jpg

And Yellow Naped Amazon
http://www.gotpetsonline.com/pictures-gallery/bird-pictures-breeders-chicks/yellow-naped-amazon-pictures-breeders-chicks/pictures/yellow-naped-amazon-0003.jpg

YokotaS13
09-14-2005, 12:39 PM
i love amazons, macaws, and cockatoos, ill never got another african grey, tempermental motherfuckers

ISAtlanta300
09-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Man I LOVE yellow headed amazons ! I used to have 2 of them... Great birds.. but can get a bit noisy sometimes... LOL Very good and smart in learning to speak.....

Kelly_Rene
09-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Man I LOVE yellow headed amazons ! I used to have 2 of them... Great birds.. but can get a bit noisy sometimes... LOL Very good and smart in learning to speak.....

Oh yeah. Mine were great, the female did all of the talking lol and the male would tell her to Shut Up if she got going. The female was a good talker and funny as hell. But never really got noisy.

BlkCD5
09-14-2005, 07:12 PM
Well i currently have had just the small members of the parrot family. After the set of parakeets i got a cockatail that talks. I don't know if i could handle the big birds cus i had a bad experience with one. This african grey parrot bit the shit out of me when i fed it some crackers. That bird was the devil. If i were to get one, i would definately get them when they are a baby.

Kelly_Rene
09-16-2005, 01:58 PM
Well i currently have had just the small members of the parrot family. After the set of parakeets i got a cockatail that talks. I don't know if i could handle the big birds cus i had a bad experience with one. This african grey parrot bit the shit out of me when i fed it some crackers. That bird was the devil. If i were to get one, i would definately get them when they are a baby.
Getting a bird as a baby is the best way to go. Alot of adult parrots are mean because they weren't raised right or they just dont get alot of attention. And u are lucky to have a cockateil that talks. Because out of the ones I had I've never had one that talked. They are very rare. :-D

MSTANGSALEEN
09-18-2005, 12:27 PM
I have had a moluccan cockatoo,,scarlett macaw,,blue and gold,,african grey. Now I just want a young SUN COUNURE

Scrappy
09-18-2005, 07:20 PM
i have a quaker parrot. illegal in GA but we bought him in wisconsin so he is able to be transfered :D

YokotaS13
09-18-2005, 08:50 PM
my first bird (cockatie) could whistle and stuff to that show (black and white ya know)

ANyways, african greys suck. end of story lol

MSTANGSALEEN
09-19-2005, 01:12 PM
yea africans are VERY SMART but a one person bird.

Kelly_Rene
09-19-2005, 01:32 PM
i have a quaker parrot. illegal in GA but we bought him in wisconsin so he is able to be transfered :D

I didn't know they were Illegal here. Do u know why?

T.C.
09-19-2005, 02:52 PM
I have a 14year old cockateil and an african grey. The cockatiel talks a little and is still friendly. The grey is not friendly but talks up a storm and repeats every noise and conversation it seems like.

Kelly_Rene
09-19-2005, 03:48 PM
I have a 14year old cockateil and an african grey. The cockatiel talks a little and is still friendly. The grey is not friendly but talks up a storm and repeats every noise and conversation it seems like.

African greys are bad about that

Crowml
09-23-2005, 08:16 AM
I used to work for a Bird Rescue Non-Profit (Rehab). I stopped working there a few years ago and got stuck with homework: a 15 year old formerly abused Umbrella Cockatoo named "bird'. Her nickname: pidgeon fucker.

thinkfast®
09-23-2005, 09:02 AM
:lmfao:

thats awesome... hey where is this bird rescue place? I'm lookin for a macaw and am not lookin to spend $1500... any ideas?

robbyrob016
01-20-2006, 07:58 PM
I have a Mexican Red Lored Amazon parrot (currently sitting on my shoulder). She's 18 in april, 11 months older than i am..ish. Does anyone know someone that does good nail and beak work?? other than just petco, or petsmart?

JDMshiZnit69
01-20-2006, 08:30 PM
I had a beautiful colored sun conyer names skittles, he was the prettiest bird ive ever seen.
He could talk a little and was extremely smart and sweet
he would cuddle up with you and watch tv
besides the fact he shit alot, we still loved skittles.
he was such a funny bird to watch him play around and talk and just being a bird.