PDA

View Full Version : Its Getting rough

Farrow2005
10-09-2008, 05:34 PM
I was "let go" Wednesday morning.

there main reason was i have seamed to lost my interest in the position.

so. yeah, i have no money in saving. just spent all my money on bills.

so the only thing i really have to worry about is rent on the first, car insurance, and gas. eating is not a big deal my fathers house is only a few miles away.

got a friend that lays carpet, hardwood, and other floors stuff. gonna go back to working with him again. same kinda money, but alot more work. I just got done updating/building my Resume, going to shoot for a position at Cessna, if that don't work out then, Tsys or Aflac..

I am still pretty worried about what i need to do. I wouldn't wish this on any one.

I feel sorry for any one who is going threw this or has.

stephanie
10-09-2008, 05:39 PM
they just fired a few people from my work. it was pretty disturbing.
i hope things work out for you.

Nissan Sean
10-09-2008, 05:44 PM
so many people are loosing their jobs right now. im one of them. i still have a job but my boss is forcing me to quit by gving me ZERO hours. GL man. its rough for everyone right now.

ironchef
10-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Good luck man, hope it works out for you.

Julio
10-09-2008, 05:50 PM
so many people are loosing their jobs right now. im one of them. i still have a job but my boss is forcing me to quit by gving me ZERO hours. GL man. its rough for everyone right now.

If this is true, I believe is illegal to do that. Not 100% sure , but I think there is an issue when Employers dont give you hours....

Look more into that.... Like I said, Im not 100% sure though...

Kaiser
10-09-2008, 06:36 PM
No, there's no legal issue when an employer doesn't give you hours, as long as they don't cut your Full time benefits as a result of it. If he cuts your hours and then cuts your benefits saying you're not working full-time, then he might have some issues, but even then in Georgia it's doubtful. To that end, unemployment will pay (not much but it's better than $0, right?) even if you still have a job but can prove you're getting too few hours. Most of the time all you'd need for proof is a pay stub every week showing that your status is full-time and your hours and pay, plus a schedule that shows you're not just kicking back relaxing when you're supposed to be at work but are actually not scheduled to come in and work.

It's worth a shot, not like Unemployment is that hard to get.

Farrow2005
10-09-2008, 06:44 PM
gah, unemployment just sounds like rock bottom.

this temp job pays under the table, so racking up unemployment wouldn't be so bad..

Note

You have to show you are trying to get a job to keep unemployment, you dont just get it and live with it.

SiRed94
10-09-2008, 06:50 PM
gah, unemployment just sounds like rock bottom.

this temp job pays under the table, so racking up unemployment wouldn't be so bad..

Note

You have to show you are trying to get a job to keep unemployment, you dont just get it and live with it.

yeah dude... unemployment isn't really that bad of a thing, I mean if it keeps the bills paid and your credit straight while you are looking for another job... I mean you pay for it why not use it if you are really in need, just don't milk it like some ppl and try to find another job... But anyways good luck man, sorry to hear, but its happening a lot ...

dohc4.6sc
10-09-2008, 06:53 PM
No, there's no legal issue when an employer doesn't give you hours, as long as they don't cut your Full time benefits as a result of it. If he cuts your hours and then cuts your benefits saying you're not working full-time, then he might have some issues, but even then in Georgia it's doubtful. To that end, unemployment will pay (not much but it's better than $0, right?) even if you still have a job but can prove you're getting too few hours. Most of the time all you'd need for proof is a pay stub every week showing that your status is full-time and your hours and pay, plus a schedule that shows you're not just kicking back relaxing when you're supposed to be at work but are actually not scheduled to come in and work.

It's worth a shot, not like Unemployment is that hard to get.

for some people.:ninja:

Spektrewing386
10-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Cessna has a location in Georgia?

B16a2 Civic
10-09-2008, 08:01 PM
Well I been at aflac for close to 5 years, we are always hiring, depends on your experience and how much college you've done. You can always try banktec, aflac outsources to banktec to handle our payments.
Good luck with the job hunt

FasTech
10-09-2008, 08:42 PM
All of the economics system is screwed up.... Times are getting really hard and its going to get worse before it gets better.<---- That's my opinion! Maybe things will not go completely to sh!t but were about there.

DUBSf22c
10-10-2008, 02:57 AM
My friends have had good success with craigslist and my mother with monster for jobs.

I was "let go" Wednesday morning.

there main reason was i have seamed to lost my interest in the position.

so. yeah, i have no money in saving. just spent all my money on bills.

so the only thing i really have to worry about is rent on the first, car insurance, and gas. eating is not a big deal my fathers house is only a few miles away.

got a friend that lays carpet, hardwood, and other floors stuff. gonna go back to working with him again. same kinda money, but alot more work. I just got done updating/building my Resume, going to shoot for a position at Cessna, if that don't work out then, Tsys or Aflac..

I am still pretty worried about what i need to do. I wouldn't wish this on any one.

I feel sorry for any one who is going threw this or has.

Stormhammer
10-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Even if you're doing more work for the same amount of money, bottom line is - work is work, work is money, and money is money. Good luck to you.

00CelicaGT
10-10-2008, 10:53 AM
^^^ very true. the main thing is to pay the bills on time and try to comfortable .

consider urself lucky and thank ur friend... cuz u could be like the other thousands of people who have recently lost there jobs and have been with out one for months. so if keeping the bills paid requires a little more work, just suck it up and do wat needs to be done.

good luck w/ the job hunt

Farrow2005
10-10-2008, 05:59 PM
yes there is a Cessna in columbus.. more like midland ga were prat is.

and thanks for the support guys. i have put my resume out to like 15 people in the past 2ish days.

Kevykev
10-10-2008, 06:10 PM
eating is not a big deal my fathers house is only a few miles away.

That's proof that when you have kids, they are your kids for life!!!!

Glad that you have options.

redrumracer
10-10-2008, 06:14 PM
yeah dude... unemployment isn't really that bad of a thing, I mean if it keeps the bills paid and your credit straight while you are looking for another job... I mean you pay for it why not use it if you are really in need, just don't milk it like some ppl and try to find another job... But anyways good luck man, sorry to hear, but its happening a lot ...
All you have to do is fill out apps, just put down $100 and hour as the pay you need.

ATL_EG
10-10-2008, 11:35 PM
yeah, the construction industry has gone to SH!T. I haven't had steady work in months. I've had to sell most of my stuff for scrapmetal (which has dropped to $0.03 a pound)
Im thinking about setting up a drug smuggling operation, i hear the crack business is quite lucrative. lmk if you want in:goodjob:

LS2ner
10-10-2008, 11:43 PM
Yea things are getting really bad. My father lost his supervisor job for the construction company he has been with for 20 yrs. Hes still full time, but they took his salary and salaried benefits. I went to work at walmart and am getting paid shitty, but its better than not having a job. Maybe if i could find a better management position somewhere i would quit, but until then you gotta pay bills.

Back to the OP, Im sorry to hear about your position and i hope things do get better.

Farrow2005
10-11-2008, 09:55 AM
That's proof that when you have kids, they are your kids for life!!!!

Glad that you have options.

Lol, id rather eat dinner at my dads every other night then move back to Kansas city and live with my mom.

quickdodgeŽ
10-11-2008, 03:05 PM
This really does suck. I'm glad I have my remedial, white trash job of which there will always be work. Later, QD.